Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

Nora's voice lines, while cool and all, are too long, they intrude into other activities or other NPC's voice overs too often.

Putting essential progression resources behind the Nightwave gate has drastically cut down on the immediacy of their accessibility, making the game less fun / rewarding because progression is now EVEN MORE tortuous. eg Previously, if you needed Nitain you knew you could wait a few hours and do an Alert when it popped up and, boom, your progressing again. Now you need to wait for days, up to a couple of weeks (eg potatoes) before you can earn enough Wolf credits to be able to afford the essential resources required for progression. In addition to all the other progression halting gates, the forced waiting, its really and particularly painful. I'd predict player retention numbers to start falling. Running a marathon is one thing, having someone constantly kicking your heels trying to trip you up for the whole 42km is totally another.

Some items in the Wolf credit store feel too expensive. When the real currency is time ... yeah, a bit expensive.

Not all previously available resources from Alerts seem to be in the new Nightwave system?. eg Kavat genetic codes and Void Traces seem to have gone missing. They were really nice sources when they eventually popped up, as an alternate stable set quantity source particularly of Void Traces, because repeatedly getting 6 void traces from a relic mission when you need 100, just for a 10% chance to get anything useful, really .... really ..... really sucks. Yes really

I like that the dailies and weeklies are semi-tutorial in nature, encouraging players to engage with varied content and game mechanics.

I like that the dailies don't immediately expire, 'cause you know, Real life happens and I dont want to 'HAVE TO' play Warframe every free second I get to "keep up or miss out". Sure way to burn people out. The Void Trace chase already has me at tipping point.

I'd like to see one more daily available each day to help, particularly lower MR level players, PARTIALLY offset the loss of standing from not being able to complete the harder and more rewarding Elite tier weeklies. Its the lower MR players that particularly need the materials gated behind the new system for progression. Higher MRs just want the shineys towards the end of the reward tier

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kteno said:

Nora's voice lines, while cool and all, are too long, they intrude into other activities or other NPC's voice overs too often.

Putting essential progression resources behind the Nightwave gate has drastically cut down on the immediacy of their accessibility, making the game less fun / rewarding because progression is now EVEN MORE tortuous. eg Previously, if you needed Nitain you knew you could wait a few hours and do an Alert when it popped up and, boom, your progressing again. Now you need to wait for days, up to a couple of weeks (eg potatoes) before you can earn enough Wolf credits to be able to afford the essential resources required for progression. In addition to all the other progression halting gates, the forced waiting, its really and particularly painful. I'd predict player retention numbers to start falling. Running a marathon is one thing, having someone constantly kicking your heels trying to trip you up for the whole 42km is totally another.

Some items in the Wolf credit store feel too expensive. When the real currency is time ... yeah, a bit expensive.

Not all previously available resources from Alerts seem to be in the new Nightwave system?. eg Kavat genetic codes and Void Traces seem to have gone missing. They were really nice sources when they eventually popped up, as an alternate stable set quantity source particularly of Void Traces, because repeatedly getting 6 void traces from a relic mission when you need 100, just for a 10% chance to get anything useful, really .... really ..... really sucks. Yes really

I like that the dailies and weeklies are semi-tutorial in nature, encouraging players to engage with varied content and game mechanics.

I like that the dailies don't immediately expire, 'cause you know, Real life happens and I dont want to 'HAVE TO' play Warframe every free second I get to "keep up or miss out". Sure way to burn people out. The Void Trace chase already has me at tipping point.

I'd like to see one more daily available each day to help, particularly lower MR level players, PARTIALLY offset the loss of standing from not being able to complete the harder and more rewarding Elite tier weeklies. Its the lower MR players that particularly need the materials gated behind the new system for progression. Higher MRs just want the shineys towards the end of the reward tier

There is atime limit on the current offers it appears some rewards will be rotated during the episode. In the meantime...i am currently very close to tier 7..3 forma...ive collect and built 4 or 5 forma during this time. The main value of night offering to me is reactors and catalyst at the moment .to purchase 1 of those you need 2 tiers of night wave credits.....the extra slots is really what newer players will be working towards.....i have found the acts and challenges for newer players to use set ups and perform actions they might not have...i do think the 1st nightwave credits should be tier 2 reward. That. Is 20k standing...about 6 weekly 3k and a couple 1k daily...

I am hping to see a few syndicate acts in the 3k as long as they arent specific to an individual syndicate. I do recall the first round had some sanctuary related ones.                   i like the acts and challenges that fall in line with what a player probably alread doing so i hope there are some fissure/relic related ones.  

Nightwave has a fair amount of resource issues that people have discussed, but the lore aspect is starting to really grate on me. The alerts system was minamlist but fairly effective in that regard; It gave you a sense that crises were constantly popping up that needed to be adressed, which meshed well with the wandering hero aspect of the Tenno. Nightwave is just disjointed. The acts have nothing to do with the story of the prison break, and it's quite silly that some radio host is interested in my character mining some gems or killing a ton of random enemies. I could see getting a soundbite for something particularly impressive, but most of the challenges aren't that remarkable. And the escapees and the wolf just don't make sense. Why are the Grineer Convicts in some random pocket of the void? Or deep in the heart of Corpus territory? Or right outside Lephantis's boss room. That's a horrible place to lay low! The new lore bit that showed up this week (at least for me) about the Wolf attacking Jupiter in order to draw out his jailer actually made this worse, because now we know what the wolf is "supposed" to be doing, but instead he's attacking me while I'm grinding MR on a completely different planet.

It doesn't help that I don't really get why these convicts are a problem for the Tenno in the first place- Grineer Prisoners seem like potential allies, not people we should be rounding up. Sure, a Grineer prison is going to have some people who legitimately need to be there. But when I hear about a prison break in a villianous empire, especially a maximum security prison, I think political prisoners and revolutionaries, not random mooks who show up inexplicably and start firebombing everything.

Edited by (XB1)Sir Dwar
  • Like 2

Most important: Do X with friend/clan mate needs to die in a fire, buried, stomped on never to surface again. Never.

Scaling for some challenges is way off... for example one week you get 5k for doing one sortie, the next week you need to do five sorties for 5k. I mean huh?

Anything that heavily relies on rng "luck" should not happen (statues).

Some time gates (like 5 sorties per week) are too restrictive. It's not the 5 sorties per se, its the limited availability of a fresh sortie if you can not play every day.

• Like 1

What i personally find is that nightwave just takes up too much of my time playing warframe. i really like the concept but half my time ingame is now spent just doing nightwave stuff every week. It also does feel a bit like a chore thanks to them all disappearing after the week, paired with the exclusivity of higher tier rewards, therefore feeling kinda forced to play that specific thing if i want them. That is fine for events but for something thats just always there i think it becomes too much. Nightwave was definitely a step up from alerts but it still has a bit to go for me.

Edited by Meoown
  • Like 2

I’m going to throw in another word right now-

If you’re adding challenges to Nightwave, please make sure there isn’t a game breaking issue.

What I’m talking about is the sortie one. I know the ‘complete 5 sorties’ isn’t bad, but PS4 (unsure of Xbox) has a frame rate drop so bad on interception missions it crashes the game, thus disabling people from actually completing that challenge. 

I’m in some PS4 groups on social media, and a lot of people couldn’t complete the sorties due to the lag and crash.

Edit: Although it’s been changed since then, there were still issues where people had come on to their window of play and were unable to complete the sortie.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic

2 hours ago, CheatingYourSystem said:

As a new player and seeing this breakdown of the old system here https://pastebin.com/raw/BrAVctzP 

Please revert it... Please do not keep the new system. 

You dont like the slot awards and a chance to get a reactor?(i didnt see a single reactor alert 45 play days in...just a couple days ago i spent a formo on bronco only to get bronco prime . It didnt feel like as much as a waste knowing i had 3 forma coming in addition to forma i was getting elsewhere. Last week weeklies werent very appealing but overall nightwave has been very beneficial..most of the bp's acquired from alerts just sit in my foundry. Gift of lotus stays hopefully

• Like 1

"Gild a modular item" for 3k

"Use 3 forma" also for 3k

No... Just no.

I just made a new kitgun, forma it 4 times, yesterday.

This type of mission will mean that I won't make another in the future, because if this mission can pop up I'll have to do it again for a modular item I may not want or need, just to get the Exp...

I already started hoarding Ayatan statues even thou I need the Endo.

Please, for the love of LOTUS! Do not, force us to spend valuable resources or encourage us NOT to use them for these challenges, makes us do mission all you want just don't mess with our gear.

What's next? "build a Prime item" or "sell a prime weapon for credits"!?

Edited by Drivrius
  • Like 3

Alright, this week has both an act that requires you to gild items as well as to use 3 forma. I must say not a fan of those, mainly because if I have already made the items I want or formaed the items I'd like I have to now make new or spend more forma just because? I've already made every zaw and every kitgun variant, the only ones I have left to do of the modular things without making doubles is amps, which tend to be a bit pricy. I get the intent to use the nightwave to push people into doing new things, but doing them just because? The three forma will likely go to the few weapons which never needed one for the sake of the coming dual energy colours but are we going to see a "stick a potato in it" next week? So far none of the challenges has bothered me, most of them I liked, though some had technical issues, but these two I have to say, not a fan, mainly for the reason that it punishes those who already did the things and makes you want to not do things you already should have done because one such act might show up suddenly, so for my sake please reconsider such in future seasons. Thanks. ❤️

Edited by Ulvra
  • Like 4

What the hell DE?

Gild a modular item? That assumes everyone still has items to gild? Or now we're supposed to craft, level and gild a duplicate just to get 3k standing?
Same with Formas, using 3? That assumes everyone still has items they want to Forma!

Who comes up with these things?

Not to mention, seriously... Who thinks this is rewarding content? Spend 3 forma to get 3k, when you look at the rewards and you need 10k to get 3 forma back!! Does that seem like it's rewarding, fun content?

This is getting beyond ridiculous...
I've been spending the last two weeks convincing a friend of mine to come back to the game, with these challenges i can see my brother (who's also been a bit disgruntled with recent content) and that guy just uninstalling the game... And since one of the other guys i regularly play with has been silent all week... That's a high likelihood that 3/4 of my regular squad gone... If this is even slightly representative of the overall reaction to night wave, yeah, good job!!

Playing the waiting game and riding this season off is NOT a good idea. And i'm just sorry you won't probably realize it until the damage is done, which, honestly, you've already done some.

Edited by ReaverKane
  • Like 2

The new set of challenges arrived. So I have a few questions about a couple of those.

1) Gild 1 modular item. It is quite easy challenge buuuuuuuuuut... I'm rank 26 and currently have mastered all possible modular weapons but plague zaws + all the moas. So you are telling me I should spend resources and level up a weapon for the single purpose of gilding it and immediately selling? I don't think this is a good idea. It so happens I decided to rebuild an amp recently, thus I can achieve that no problem, but what I previously said stands true. This is basically bull**** of giant proportions cause it makes us go out of our way to do it. New players? With the amount of freedom this game gives them at the beginning, they don't even know how to get those. They don't even probably have the rep/resources needed to build one of those. This is only ok for a player who is somewhere between starting the game and being a veteran.

2) Use 3 forma. I don't need to forma anything right now, cause I'm happy with what my arsenal look like. Should I ignore the challenge? Or should I pointlessly spend 3 forma with no benefit? This is the exact same problem as with previous thing. It makes us go out of our way. And as with the previous point, this is giant bull****. Yeah, sure, new players don't have to do anything unusual if they'll have enough forma and the way to quick leveling stuff, which most of new players absolutely do not! Or waste a forma on crap starter weapon? Formad braton anyone? A friend of mine spent like 3 days to level up a warframe once, for next one he accepted my powerleveling and that was done in about 30-40 minutes (all hail stealth killing!). How many NEW players have a friend willing to boost them? So this is bad for both new and vet players.

In short these 2 challenges should be buried in deck 12 for the rest of eternity. Can I have that 60 mins kuva surv back please? That would be more reasonable than these.

Now about the fish... Once again we got rare fish to catch, this time in PoE. With Orb Vallis it was ok-ish, cause rare fish could spawn regardless of having a bait. PoE fish on the other hand... Good luck finding Murkray/Cuthol/Norg/etc on its own. You need a bait, a bait the new player can have no idea about (oh, and they will try to do this challenge for sure). A bait you need to use during twilight/nigh when new players will be most likely mercilessly killed by Eidolon or his smaller brothers passing by with no way of avoiding or fighting back, not to mention occasional lvl 40 grineer spawn near camps. I'd say this is bad. 

Edited by Darth_Predator
additional points
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Ok, making us spend resources, reputation, and fill up a weapon slot is starting to cross a line.

I didn't even think of that... The challenge basically requires spending Platinum to complete.

• Like 1

Seriously guild an item, forma an item, and the friend requirement.  While not a hardship but once again an inconvenience. Last week was fine without putting players behind a wall of some kind. 

The first two isn't bad but that last one isn't worth doing. Most players don't have people online to play with and you're basically forcing people into a play style that can hinder progress.

• Like 1

I'm so over this nightwave thing. It's consuming all of my game time when I there are other things I'd rather be doing. This is torture for newer players that are completionist. I can't even do profit taker yet since I haven't had time for that kind of standing grind. People already covered the ones that require you to basically spend plat. I don't trust it not to hurt if I don't complete all of these. Wolf credits are too scarce when you still need everything. 

Seriously get this crap out of here, making me hate a game I love.

• Like 1

I once said I liked this new system itself, but I changed my mind this week.
I don't like Nightwave.

"Hey, I give you 3 formas because you did your homework"
"And now waste your 3 formas to finish your homework"
No.

Please go away Nora.

Edited by (NSW)ForTheGhostsWithin
Because it's time for Nora to say good bye.
  • Like 1

I'm with everyone else. Forcing to use forma and gild items is bad for the above stated reasons.

I'm also pretty strongly against Profit Taker as a challenge, as it would be completely inaccessible to most people even if they spent the entire week trying to get there due to the strict rep cap. Even something like "complete an arbitration" would be technically possible to clear the star chart in a week. If someone was 0 rep with SU, even at mastery 27, it would be impossible to access that fight by the end of a week. 

• Like 1

Was going to point out how ridiculous the gild and forma challenges are, but I wouldn't be the first, nor second.... nor third.

This is borderline stupid. As everyone else pointed out before me, this might be kind of OK with low MR players who are still ranking up weapons, but then you have MR 26 players as myself forcefully spending time and formas on things that don't even need them. Complete certain types of missions? Cool. Catch rare fish? Fine. Forma things just for the sake of doing so? Ehhh, what?

• Like 1