Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

Just now, xBZYKUx said:

Yeah for now i only see her in defense and interception missions.

i think she could be useful elsewhere but she is definitely a team supporter frame. 

And you are right about defense and interception, but provided her reservoirs arent on a timer than you could use them for edilons and orb missions. Spread them around the battlefield and WP them so people can run to grab boosts. and then cc the enemies that get bated there

26 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

So, just saw the Wisp ability reveal and I have to ask : DE, are you even capable of learning from past mistakes?

Because Wisp has the absolute worst ability of every type, so bad that her PASSIVE is the best her kit has to offer.

#1 : Deployables which almost nobody likes, that also have to be collected like Titania's buffs which, guess what, almost nobody likes.

#2 : The worst type of cc and in the worst possible implementation for it. Coupled with a teleport which is useless since bullet ujmps do a better job.

#3 : A damage ability centered around her deployables, which not only goes COMPLETELY against the philosophy you decided on reworking vauban with, your damage abilities that are not the exalted type are notoriously bad.

#4 : And number 4, another take on the Revenant-ult-type which nobody effing likes because you are stuck in the animation not using anything else, the damage usually sucks, and you tried to put that ability on 3 of the last 4 frames for crying out loud.

On top of that, her stats mean she will be completely useless due to dying in 1 hit in anything above lvl 60.

Do you even play your game anymore, or did you move every single creative mind working on frames somewhere else?

LMAO!

Are you even capable of learning?

Do you not realise DE don't read General Discussion? If you wanted them to see your little rant, you should have posted it in the Feedback section.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

Again...why in general discussion...

Just now, Creegz said:

What I don't get is why General Discussion is the location of choice to *@##$ about a free game treating you poorly by your definition.

How else to get the 15 seconds of fame and attention? GD is the place to have a new hot topic going, even if it'll have been more productive in a different thread. 

It's all about the drama now. That's the true endgame. 

28 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

Do you even play your game anymore, or did you move every single creative mind working on frames somewhere else?

Because if they did play the game, which they do bee tee dubs, they couldn't possibly make something not to your taste, right?

• Like 3

They need more abilities that provide passive bonuses to attacks. How about a self buff that allows you to have 100% status on your weapons for 30s? What about an ability that makes your bullets track targets? What about an ability that makes your bullets richochet? lots of options here, less push X to wipe room, more push X to do something new.

For Wisp, How about an ability called Posses (Think banshees from warcraft 3)? Where you inhabit the body of an enemy and get a % buff to make it competitive? Seems kind of on theme no?

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

How else to get the 15 seconds of fame and attention? GD is the place to have a new hot topic going, even if it'll have been more productive in a different thread. 

It's all about the drama now. That's the true endgame. 

I have much to learn about the current meta.

• Like 2

I don't really see her Kamehameha as press 4 to win, at least not yet. Like Mesa, you need to activly aim it and I can bet it will drain a lot of energy or be nerfed at one point.

3 minutes ago, xBZYKUx said:

Yeah for now i only see her in defense and interception missions.

I think this is where she mostly exel, but I can see myself doing Spy with her. There aren't many warframe who can just pass through lasers.

1 - meh, seems like an excessively convoluted way to get some minor buffs (you know they'll end up being fairly low by the time they've finished 'tweaking')

2 - ok, kind of just felt like a rehash of nezha's halo with cc instead of damage

3 - not a bad idea but not sure how much use it will get outside of stationary missions like defence...

4 - a buffed up chroma spectral scream...

Had to laugh though as it really feels like they're releasing a frame that is going to have the same issues that vauban is now about to have fixed... it's great for stationary gameplay but it doesn't work that well when moving around the maps...

• Like 1

So Wisp looks good so far! Tho I have few things to talk through.

Mainly, before I start talking about anything else: Seems like her powers and her "usefullnes" will be depending on how well her 3 and 4 work against enemies. So please do not forget to make it suitable for high (sortie for example) levels as well as low!

Passive: Really nice! Nothing against it!

1st Ability: So here I have a lot to say. There are stationary buffs that wont really help in any mission besides Defs, Interceptions, Hijacks etc. The main thing is to make them useable in Ext or Capture missions as well. Noone will stop or slow down to get them and you wont hit anyone with her 3rd ability as well outside Defence type missions.

2nd Ability: Nice! Like it. Tho make it faster so it allows players to use it as a traveling ability like Nova's 3rd ability. Also its just my opinion but it would be cool if the clone exploded at the end or release the wave of energy when 3rd ability is used as well.

3rd Ability: Again. Wont work anywhere outside Defence missions. Let the Wisp herself release the Wave of energy as well with the damage depending on buffs she is carrying so allies can release the wave as well.

4th Ability: Welp... Channeling ability with a lot of damage. Hildryn, Baruuk, Revenant and originaly Garuda (before changes)... It is cool as usual I dont really have anything against aside... you are following a certain build or way of thinking with the character: She will use buffs and move around quickly... THAN THROW A SUN INTO HER HAND AND SMITE EVERYONE. Do you see what I mean? 😛

Dont get me wrong - Ability is good, make it work on high and low level enemies and I really doesnt have anything against it!

Overall not so bad. Just please think of adjusting her gameplay for anything else than Defence missions and allow more fluid uses of her 3 and 1

Thanks for reading ❤️

28 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

words

when you want to make a argument dont use nobody likes Y or everybody wants X

it is never 100% yes or no i like it therefore your argument has become invalid due to me liking something you said no body does 

consider using "everybody i talked to" or something along those lines makes you sound abit more reasonable then just broad stroking saying EVERYONE dislikes it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FrostedMike said:

I think this is where she mostly exel, but I can see myself doing Spy with her. There aren't many warframe who can just pass through lasers.

You are right. I last played spy missions long ago so i forgot about these.

Just now, xBZYKUx said:

Acually her 2 can be useful in high lvl content but i agree with you about her 4. Its another press 4 to win like revenant's. It would be better if she will teleport a meteor on her foes etc.

It'd only be really useful if it opened enemies up to finishers, which I don't think they showcased. And moved faster.

Also, maybe DE does play their own game, but they're not very good at it or at being thorough. I was wondering how the 2 acts when you aim up or down, but Reb kept aiming mostly parallel to the ground. Regardless, doesn't seem particularly great, bullet jumps long ago killed an light mobility abilities like that. Wukong's Iron Fist downward no one uses. Bounce was irrelevant the day Vauban released, ffs. Super Jump was removed and replaced.

Her abilities seem okay with the 4th probably being the weakest one however I expect some Kamehameha action if we can color it blue.

Combined with her passive to stay invisible in the air she should do well with some high range and duration. Aim glide mods and the MOAs Tractor Beam could also be interesting.

• Like 1

vor 39 Minuten schrieb ShikiRen:

So, just saw the Wisp ability reveal and I have to ask : DE, are you even capable of learning from past mistakes?

Because Wisp has the absolute worst ability of every type, so bad that her PASSIVE is the best her kit has to offer.

Worst abilities for what content, what playstyle? I guess everyone plays exactly like you and there is only one right way.

Zitat

#1 : Deployables which almost nobody likes, that also have to be collected like Titania's buffs which, guess what, almost nobody likes.

Deployables have their place in more stationary mission types which I hopefully not have to list and if you don't agree might I remind you of something as basic as Frosts bubble, which by all means is a static deployable. But you don't even have to stay near them, you can pick up the buff. Even if you have a mission like exterminate you can place them either at the start, in elevators or other chokepoints when you are ahead of your teammates. The real issue is if the buffs itself are good or something like Titanias Thorns buff...

Zitat

#2: Seems like you still haven't realized that CC is no longer king, DMG is. Decoys suck, a moving decoy sucks even more if it doesn't work like Mallet, which absorbs and reflects enemy fire. The Teleport is vastly inferior to ones we already have, as it's not an instantaneous long-range Teleport but a slow moving one.

You send the decoy in the direction you plan to move while you still haven't dealt with every enemy around then teleport to it. Ta-da! Get creative or something. Again the playstyle thing... Not every ability has to nuke the whole tileset. It's a movement+CC ability. That's far from the worst abilities some older frames have. The problem with say Vauban is not that he has CC abilities, it's that he has no real damage abilities to compliment them.

Zitat

#3 : A damage ability centered around her deployables, which not only goes COMPLETELY against the philosophy you decided on reworking vauban with, your damage abilities that are not the exalted type are notoriously bad.

Once more, stationary playstyle has a place in the game and the Vauban rework is because he doesn't provide you with the DPS all players so desperately want, so now...her 3 does DMG, who would've thought. And you can hardly criticize them on the damage it deals when we know NOTHING concrete about it.

Zitat

#4 : And number 4, another take on the Revenant-ult-type which nobody effing likes because you are stuck in the animation not using anything else, the damage usually sucks, and you tried to put that ability on 3 of the last 4 frames for crying out loud.

And that brings me to a request I have for you: Please don't project your views on everybody else (nobody likes something or ability x is bad in the eyes of other people).

• Like 7

Wisp's kit needs adjustments. Almost every ability she has is a copy of already existing abilities, and most of them are inferior to their original versions.

#1: Deployables simply aren't fun to use. The Buffs didn't look nearly significant enough to make a difference, and this ability suffers from the Titania Syndrome. Collecting Buffs isn't nearly as efficient as having them set to active immediately.

#2: CC is no longer king, DMG is. A moving decoy that does nothing more than draw a tiny bit of fire is too insignificant, and the ability to teleport to the decoy isn't all that helpful either. What makes Ash's teleport great is the ability to open enemies up to finishers. With Loki's Teleport, you can switch targets and easily reposition yourself. Wisp's teleport is slow, bullet jumps simply work better. She could instead need some DMG reduction to not get 1-shot in level 60 content because of her low base stats.

#3: Mallet's younger, weaker brother. Bad ability, requires too much setup to make use of, the DMG seems way too low. This ability suffers from being entirely stationary as well as lacking utility. What makes Mallet great is its ability to get picked up by Octavia's Roller, which in combination draws fire, reflects damage and scales infinitely.

#4: The ult looks flashy, but it's very obvious that it won't see much use. It's a worse Revenant ult. We've seen this too many times by now. Your Warframe floats, unable to use their weapons, dealing mediocre damage and costing too much energy to use. It's not a good design decision to be perfectly honest. Not only do channeled abilities like this slow down the pace of the game which you've wanted to feel fluid and fast, but it's also quite limiting.

As it stands right now, I see no reason why I would choose to use Wisp over existing Warframes. She's too squishy to take into any relevant high-level content without getting 1-shot and she also lacks utility. While I see the appeal she could have to some players, I personally feel like her good looks enough are not enough to justify her use. Number tweaks alone won't fix this issue, and I feel like she needs a kit rework to make her great and set her apart from existing Warframes.

I think her kit is fine, not every frame is for everyone, but OK, I will bite. city life pizza GIF by Sherchle 

OP, open your creative mind and give us your 4 abilities/passive that Wisp should have. Because it seems like you got a lot of issues with her, so go ahead.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ShikiRen said:

I happen to like Revenant's 4 (aside from it looking like a dancing ballerina) and I loved the old Garuda ult before it was changed to the lame slash procs.
And I really, really, really dig Wisp's 4!

DO NOT FKIN RUIN ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL, MAGNIFICENT ULT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! You killed Garuda already. Don't kill the Wisp too!