Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Review/Early feedback

ShikiRen

7 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

We, namely everyone that liked what they saw from Wisp - consequently henceforth known as the casuals -, would like you to know that we outnumber your ilk numerous times. Well, then why don't you, since you are such hardcore meta gamer, keep just spinning with your Scoliac or whatever it is you are doing.

Man, you completely destroyed me here, with your twitter response. Like and subscribe was it ?

Edited by Swagernator22663

1 minute ago, Acersecomic said:

Her theme as they said is portals and such. Why not have the ultimate portal technique be a rift in space to unleash the fury of the sun itself on the enemies?
I feel more like her 1 and 3 are not in line with her theme.

Her them was supposed to be more "ghosty vibe" when she was announced. Her 1-3 and passive all support that theme, literally holding the sun in your hand does not fit with that.

Her 1-3 all fit that sort of ghostly vibe being as how she is pulling her 1 from an entirely different dimension. Her 3 is to give her a more CC as she was leaning CC/support since announcement. Her passive makes her invisible in the air but the partial effects give it more of a shimmer like old photos of "ghosts". Her 4 being a just random laser seriously messes with that.

The entire aesthetic of her is thrown out the window with her 4 as her 1-2 and passive flow with the ghost idea while her 4 pulls out of left field. Seams like the effects team made a cool animation and just wanted to slap it to the next frame to come out without thinking too hard about it. Even during the stream they seamed to have a hard time justifying it other then "it looks cool" or "it kills things well".

Froma  game play standpoint her 1 is a good set up with a boon to her and her allys. Her 2 helps her get around the map and draw agro. Her 3 capitalizes on that set up by doing a sort of DPS blast centered around her 1 and her 4.... is a random laser. Her 4 doesn't assit in buffs, or CC its just another DPS laser on a single target. With a set up from her 1+3 what's the need for her 4? Too hard to learn how to set up her 1+3 so here is a laser? It feels out of place and really off.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Swagernator22663:

Man, you completely destroyed me here, with your twitter response. Like and subscribe was it ?

Says the person with more likes and posts on the forum than me. But you have to realise it's kind of stupid to speak condescendingly of casuals and dismiss them when they make up the majority of the playerbase right?

3 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

Says the person with more likes and posts on the forum than me. But you have to realise it's kind of stupid to speak condescendingly of casuals and dismiss them when they make up the majority of the playerbase right?

Why you waste your time on me ? Dont you have a plushie to collect ?

So, first of all, Wisp's design and her overall looks of her are great. The Floating and Feetless Frame, The Ghost/Phantom look is amazing. I just hope her walking/floating can work on all frames. but that's more than likely. 

Her powers, on the other hand, do need some change and overall tweaks. They are a great concept, but in terms of gameplay, don't quite fit the beach. Keep in mind I do share semi-same ideas to @CuteFoxyFox so props for him/her for sharing their own ideas.

Passive: Great!, perfect how it is, but perhaps had a small buff, so it has a tiny duration?

1. Reservoir: Cute Fox pointed out this quite well: stationary buffs that won't really help in any mission besides Defs/interceptions & Hijacks. Buff that require a player to backtrack is not gonna work in Warframe, no player will turn around from doing what they are doing to pick something up.  

New Reservoir: This now works semi-like Unairu Wisp, once cast the buff is applied to Wisp right away. Anyone with Affinity Range will also get the buff. However to prevent misuse or trolling players are able to remove the Buffs. They can Back-Dash. (Note: Due to her new 3, her 1st can be recast at any time, even if her 3 is used)

2.Light: Great power overall, However, a few QOL Fixes are needed.

New Light: The Travel Time is dependent on tap or held, Holding down will make it go longer and faster. a simple tap will make go shorter and slower. (Keep in mind, all will be faster then the dev stream shown). The Duration of the "Teleport" is much longer as well, giving players a chance to act on it before it vanishes. If the clone touches hostile, they will be stunned/damaged and have a Rad proc on them. If Wisp teleports with it, it explodes as she exits it and does a massive AoE knockdown. (Think of Biotic Charge from mass effect)

3.Harness: Like her 2, not useful outside the said missions. While allowing Wisp to blast them out herself is ideal. I think a new power is better.

New Harness (New Name: Seeker Swarm?/Harness Swam?): Wisp uses her Wisps as a projectile, they burst away from her and seek out targets and damages them and has unique debuffs on what Wisp is used. If Red is applied: It Leechs HP. If Blue is Applied: Weapons and Robots are disabled and leeches Sheilds. If Green is applied: Slows mobs down and leeches Engrey. 

Sun Portal: Belongs on Ember, nothing else to say about it. Fire Damage without something boost it is not useful and slows Wisp down (She's meant to be fast) and overall doesn't look right on her.

While I can't think of a "Great" replacement, I will just throw a few ideas.

4. Ascension: Wisp goes into "Ascension" mode, that acts like Maim, AoE damage of Rad. While in this mode her powers cost a bit more Efficacy, but deal more damage and last longer. She is much faster in this form as well. 

4. Ghost Mode: Pretty much her passive is always on. She travels into the Wisp Wold (into a Portal), works like Limbo's rift, but can't bring anyone into it. However, she can pass into mobs, that will deal damage

All I can think of, if you guys got better ideas, go for it.  

This is my overall feedback on her.

Psi.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

She looks fine so far more of a defensive frame. But maybe wait till she actually come out to get feel of how the frame plays 

No, because that's logical and reasonable and this community is anything but that.

• Like 1

Looking at the gameplay, I had a weird feeling that I get whenever I don't really like the kit but am trying to force myself to like. Her 2 is kinda the only ability I like (though I was really hoping for an invisibility ability that let's her walk through walls and damage enemies she goes through). Her 4 feels too out of place in my opinion. Pablo may need to step in like he did with garuda. 

Wisp also reminds me of ghost freak 

Im just fond of doing anything to her 4 other then what it is. The ghost theme was a wonderful idea that her 4 just doesn't capitalize on. It feels very out of place and forced. Did the effects team make a really cool effect, yes. Does it work for Wisp? No.

She seams more CC and support based then anything else. Her 4 should capitalize on that. Use the wisps summoned from her 1 to cause damage rather then the weird sun laser thing if they want a second  damage ability that badly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Same, when they announced her they aid she was supposed to be more ghostly. When did that change happen?

other abilities seemed okay;

1 Summon wisps.... | Okay...
2 Ghost walk / warp.... | Okay...
3 Reservoir pulse... | Weird but okay...

4 SUN BEAM... | WHY?!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I don't see why everyone's so pissed about her 4.

Being able to burn people with the wrath of the sun sounds (and looks) fun.

I think because it has nothing to do wit her previous set or theme...

It looks better to replace ember's 1 ability

Passive is amazing.

1# Reservoir buffs have to be picked up from distance , without require us to touch them.

2# Decoy-Teleport is a nice ability imo , could use a speed buff. It also activates passive so she can be invis during dash period and can blind enemies on reactivation. Nothing to complain here.

3# This is least interesting part of her kit. Instead of 1 instance of damage , it could release continous damaging AoE effect around deployables and slow enemies.

4# I find her 4th quite interesting , as it feels like Solar version of Destiny 2's Chaos Reach and feels so good to watch it.

Edited by Aeon94

1 minute ago, Neptlude said:

other abilities seemed okay;

1 Summon wisps.... | Okay...
2 Ghost walk / warp.... | Okay...
3 Reservoir pulse... | Weird but okay...

4 SUN BEAM... | WHY?!

Seriously?!

I get that it looks cool but WHY HER?! Hell it seamed like even DE had a hard time justifying it during the stream. There just like "well it looks cool so....".

Someone above said it seams like it would be great on ember as a new 4 and I have to agree with it. Add it to a fire themed frame or make it apart of a new frame just not this new frame. Nothing kills a spooky ghost faster then sunlight.

1 minute ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Seriously?!

I get that it looks cool but WHY HER?! Hell it seamed like even DE had a hard time justifying it during the stream. There just like "well it looks cool so....".

Someone above said it seams like it would be great on ember as a new 4 and I have to agree with it. Add it to a fire themed frame or make it apart of a new frame just not this new frame. Nothing kills a spooky ghost faster then sunlight.

I personal prefer it as ember's 1 since no one really uses ember's one...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Im just fond of doing anything to her 4 other then what it is. The ghost theme was a wonderful idea that her 4 just doesn't capitalize on. It feels very out of place and forced. Did the effects team make a really cool effect, yes. Does it work for Wisp? No.

I completely agree. it's beautiful but doesn't fit with her design. you don't think, sun portal when talking about a wisp frame. at least I don't

• Like 1

I like her 1-3 though but her 4 is just a no for me. Looks cool but doesn't match her theme or aesthetic.

on a game play side I do hope her 1 gets a bit of tweaking so its not a tap to change. Im not sure how I would fix it as I like the need for it as a set up and the abilities gained from it but maybe just have them be set 1, 2, and 3. 1 being the health boost, 2 being the cc and 3 being the speed boost. Once you get 1 you get 2 you get three? Like the towers are always the same just what you get depends on if you have any of them already around you? Im not sure... it could use some work.

Her 2 and 3 seam fine to me. 3 is dependent on her 1 which im fine with. I like frames that require a bit of set up and its not so complicated that no one can learn it it.

1 hour ago, Xhobract said:

Then you want another Warframe entirely, not Wisp to be improved. Different strokes for different folks and all that...

While I don't really disagree with you, I do kind of get wanting Wisp (and specifically that frame) to have an entire new kit. Everyone is going to want something different. I'm also looking forward to Wisp. But! I was kind of hoping for a more "spooky ghost" frame with some incorporeal-like abilities. Maybe a passive that allowed her to move through enemies and deal very minor damage or CC. Some kind of "Will-o'-Wisp" ability that dealt fire damage over time and disoriented enemies. Basically, take the Pokemon Gengar and make it into a frame. 

Instead! Wisp is some kind of portal user that only uses portals once. I think her first ability is "meh" so far. Her third ability does look fun if you stack them all up in a room that people actually want to be in (like Defense or something)! The sun is kind of random, but the effects on it are great. The frame looks fine and will still likely receive a few tweaks. I still feel like it was a missed opportunity to get a spooky ghost frame. 

Her visual and audio design is amazing. 

Edit: Just to clarify! I think Wisp will be fine (at best). I can see how thematically she might be appealing to some that were hoping this ghost-like looking frame would have been more ghost. I know I was hoping for more spookiness! Her name was even perfect for the will-o'-wisp setup. The portal idea is neat, but she doesn't really explore it that much. 

Edited by SkyCakeLight

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Meanwhile, Ember is crying in a corner that the coolest Fire Spell is given to Wisp while she's struggling with the least impressive Ultimate of the game

ikr ; w ;

Just now, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I would be ok with that. I like and use her 1 but I admit to mostly using world on fire with melee to get my kicks.

I used her 1 alot before as my ranged damage when I go full melee (before her re work) ; w ;

1 hour ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

i second the start post.

yet another badly designed warframe.

i miss the Octavia, Nidus, Inaros times.

Wisps 1 is just too stationary and (dont take this wrong) complicated for such a fast paced game.

Her 2 is ok

Her 3 is again, too stationary

Her 4 is just another boring press 4 and aim... Revenant style.

And not a single sclaling ability.

I don't know if you were joking when you talked about Inaros, which has literally one good ability which is his 4, the 1 is just passable while 3 is crap and 2 doesn't even function over level 30 enemies. Everything Inaros is amazing except for his abilities.

Why do you complain about stationary yet mention Nidus which ultimate is in a single place and his 3 has limited range that forces you to remain near it?

4 minutes ago, Mister_Sneeze said:

I completely agree. it's beautiful but doesn't fit with her design. you don't think, sun portal when talking about a wisp frame. at least I don't

Agreed. So I would like to see her 4 changed to something else entirely though im not sure what.

Her 1 also seams to have the potential to suffer in a similar manner as Vauban with the shifting between 1 and another choices. A suggestion might be to make the towers give the buffs in a certain order such as a player can pick up 1 wisp per tower and depending on the wisps you have it will determine what buffs you gain. The order being health, CC then speed. It would keep the towers stationary and allow for all 3 buff types without the switching between one type to another. until I can see the buffs in action outside a dev build though I don't know if they need a boost, nerf or are fine as they are.