Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saturn Six Armor Bundle thoughts

Sir_Carl

Got to rank 30 nightwave today and got the saturn six armor bundle.

Gotta say, it's pretty underwhelming. The syandana looks nice on bulky frames like Rhino, but the armor looks pretty generic. But hey free is free ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

It is actually pretty meh to be honest. But as you said, it's free.

You know what would help it? PIPES! Connecting each part! It would look like Powered Exoskeleton.

Exoframe lulz!

The ultimate armor of clipping.

• Like 7

Yeah not super impressed either, the color zones seem to be swapped around, so you can't really match it with other pieces.

It's a DE special; Burn yourself out on the content to get a flatline climax. If I could've knocked all this moronic reputation out in a couple of days at my own pace, I wouldn't feel pressured to play it on a weekly/daily basis. In the end, instead of enjoying my rewards I resent the game and the time I wasted doing it.

At least they (apparently) know that it's not working as intended, so we won't have to go through the same drawn out and tedious grind.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Yeah not super impressed either, the color zones seem to be swapped around, so you can't really match it with other pieces.

It's a DE special; Burn yourself out on the content to get a flatline climax. If I could've knocked all this moronic reputation out in a couple of days at my own pace, I wouldn't feel pressured to play it on a weekly/daily basis. In the end, instead of enjoying my rewards I resent the game and the time I wasted doing it.

At least they (apparently) know that it's not working as intended, so we won't have to go through the same drawn out and tedious grind.

True, hope next season gives us something better

8 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

If I could've knocked all this moronic reputation out in a couple of days at my own pace

That's the exact reason there was a content drought. They need to gate content otherwise high level people will blaze through it and then ask "where's the rest?". I agree that nightwave's a bit much at the moment, but if they just let everyone at it, it'll be done in days and people will complain.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, iLightning13 said:

That's the exact reason there was a content drought. They need to gate content otherwise high level people will blaze through it and then ask "where's the rest?". I agree that nightwave's a bit much at the moment, but if they just let everyone at it, it'll be done in days and people will complain.

The only good thing that gating does, is setting the pace so people with different schedules can match up their playtime. Meanwhile it sacrifices everyone else.

Conclusion? Gating is a bad thing.

This isn't a warframe issue, it's a "player engagement" fad that's going around the marketing/finance departments of game studios. They think that the more you play it on a regular basis, the more tempted you are to spend money. Most of all it builds a lot of resentment and it's extremely clear in World of Warcraft where players are more fed up than ever.

If DE wants to deal with content drought, then all they need to do is add more mods so people can play around with builds that occasionally break the game in some fun way. What they DON'T need to do is add 20 gigs worth of assets that no one cares about, like the new corpus tileset they just showed off. Sure, it looks nice, but it doesn't add much to the game compared to the effort they spent on it.

Meanwhile they whine about quests taking too long to make, forgetting that those quest leave players satisfied for a long time and gives more reason for new players to stay.

TL;DR "content drought" is a bad excuse.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

Nightwave's problem is that it both gives too much and not enough to do. You play too little: You miss too many challenges, and you can't get the rewards you want. You play too much: You blow through all the challenges super fast, and have to wait until next week for a new batch.

• Like 1

I like the armor except for the position of the leg pieces. Why exactly they stick out forward like that, I have no clue. On the Wolf himself they're attached to his shins like they're obviously supposed to be, on our frames they're attached to the ankles and angled forward for some unfathomable reason.

It would also be nice if we could get the tubes that connect the syandana and the chest piece on the Wolf himself when we have both equipped.

Edited by SordidDreams

vor 1 Minute schrieb SordidDreams:

I like the armor except for the position of the leg pieces. Why exactly they stick out forward like that, I have no clue. On the Wolf himself they're attached to his shins like they're obviously supposed to be, on our frames they're attached to the ankles and angled forward for some unfathomable reason.

THIS

2 hours ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

heres what the armor and syandana looks like on baruuk I don't like it but its okay-ish

6AWpooA.jpgTgzwTGp.jpgmtlt1qj.jpg

Essentially, the day Baruuk discovered the leftover Synthol that Hildryn used and decided to beef himself up without putting in the required effort.

That being said it kinda works on Baruuk. Wonder why...

On 2019-04-08 at 3:14 AM, Artekkor said:

Im actually happy about that. I've been waiting for generic looking armor for a long time for my military-themed fashion.

Please god let it be  as good as i think it is....

I really like it for my Soldier-themed Proto Excalibur. It’s definitely one of the few practical-looking armor sets that adds decent bulk without being excessive or lumpy.

On 2019-04-08 at 11:55 AM, Sir_Carl said:

Got to rank 30 nightwave today and got the saturn six armor bundle.

Gotta say, it's pretty underwhelming. The syandana looks nice on bulky frames like Rhino, but the armor looks pretty generic. But hey free is free ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27 here .. almost there 

Can't wait to be 30 and get the nice rewards

Edited by -_Highlander_-
oops typo

Haven't gotten it myself yet but what I've seen has been a bit underwhelming. I'm a huge fan of bulky armor since it's the only way around making a frame look thicker since they have constraints with designs and all that so any armor than can make slimmer frames look bigger and work or make bulky ones look more bulky I think are great for the game customization wise. I think the syandana was the most disappointing though as it didn't really do enough imo. It was just kind of "there" on warframes I put it on but I'll fool around with it some more and see.

The Saturn Six Armor Bundle is spectacular. I’m  really in love with it. The aesthetic is very generic but I feel that’s what we need for attachable aesthetics. The chest plate looks really good on some flat-chested male frames like Atlas and Oberon, and it works quite well for bulky frames like Chroma, Hildryn, Rhino. Especially when you pair it with the Surator Syandana, oh my god I’m literally in love with the bulkiness.

On Mag with the Alata Skin, you can make her look like she’s ready for space battle. 🙂

However, I’m in total agreement that the shins are terrible. If the shins had the Targis Prime Armor treatment and not the Arca Armor treatment, its aesthetics would be amazing.

ive seen people pulling amazing cosplays ingame of the wolf one actually tricked me for a good second or two 

when i finish the 3 sorties challenge ill ahve the syadana now i jsut hope i can get the hammer in the meantime since i dont want to pay 400-500 plat for it 

i just wanna yeet a hammer across the vallis like shy did maybe poe too because who doesnt want to snipe a grineer from 500+ meters away with a hammer ?