Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro is unfriendly to people that have a life

PollexMessier

It's no wonder everyone missed your point, when your post is full of exaggerations like these:

17 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

completely shafts people that have even a remote semblance of a life

willing to throw away their social life for the weekend

and has actual friends,

When apparently all you really meant was to distinguish between people who do/don't regularly plan weekends away.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

We don't know each other and you've already implied that I have no life nor friends, just because I'm able to access Baro.  

He's been on a set schedule for a very long time now, you know when and how long to expect him, you are fully capable of farming for Ducats well in advance of his visit. 

You choosing to not do that isn't the problem of people who do.  

I didn't imply people who can acess Baro don't have a life. just that many people who do have a life may have trouble doing so. I acknowledged that I can farm ducats in advance in the op. and my suggested changes don't in any way inconvenience anyone who has no trouble with baro already. Except for my suggestion to repeat half of his inventory which I prefaced with saying doubling his total inventory at the same time would be preferable which completely negates that downside.

3 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

I didn't imply people who can acess Baro don't have a life. just that many people who do have a life may have trouble doing so. I acknowledged that I can farm ducats in advance in the op. and my suggested changes don't in any way inconvenience anyone who has no trouble with baro already. Except for my suggestion to repeat half of his inventory which I prefaced with saying doubling his total inventory at the same time would be preferable which completely negates that downside.

Yeah, you went above and beyond to be rude towards people who you've decided don't have "remote semblance of a life" or "has actual friends" or "throw away their social life"

The system works when you take responsibility and put in effort to make it work, just like having a life, actual friend or a social life. 

6 minutes ago, schilds said:

It's no wonder everyone missed your point, when your post is full of exaggerations like these:

When apparently all you really meant was to distinguish between people who do/don't regularly plan weekends away.

Fair point. But many people with social obligations, have a high likelihood of having a weekend away at some point or another. Which with a 50% chance of that weekend coinciding with a baro appearance, likely equates to a considerable amount of people encountering this issue regardless of weather they plan things like that regularly or not.

8 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

You all completely missed the point.

On 2019-04-17 at 2:43 PM, PollexMessier said:

I often find myself having to choose between being available to see what Baro has at any given time he shows up, or making plans to do something else, and that's really frustrating.

On 2019-04-17 at 2:52 PM, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

of you are away from the computer, you can usually look up baro ki'teers page on the wikia, it usually gets updated with his current wares

• Like 2

I have no life and i still miss out on baro's stuff sometimes. just letting people buy his stuff in the app would fix it for everyone although i don't see that happening any time soon. Pretty much everything in WF is timed content. Didn't sign in and do the legwork during the time window? Then you missed out sry.

Hasn't it always been like this? It's a sad, but true situation. 😞 

On 2019-04-17 at 6:43 AM, PollexMessier said:

Any one of these would massively improve my, and I'm sure anyone else who plays this game and has actual friends, enjoyment of the system.

Which is why DE is not going to do any of that. The whole point of the system is to not be enjoyable, in order to push people to say "f*ck this" and just buy some plat in order to trade for his items with other players. Same with the excessive grind, BS RNG, and various other annoyances that can be bypassed by spending plat (i.e. real money). WF is a free-to-play game, such is the nature of the beast.

Well, available for two full days seems not so unfriendly to people's lifecycle, I think. He is not like foul alerts that run away after 2 hours of his arrival. He arrives at the weekend so most people are expected to be access for him.

And you can farm ducats when you want, not only when Baro is present.

Make him available for full three days seems not so bad, though.

I completely agree with OP. Baro being gone for 2 weeks, being only here for a day and a half or so and then never having fair warning about what he'll be selling this time.

There are lots of ways that DE could improve this stupid mechanic since Baro is the only way to get certain items.

They won't tho, they might if we had more critical thinkers willing to take DE to task instead of all these drooling fanboys lining up to defend them from the slightest criticism.

17 hours ago, BlackRoseAngel said:

I completely agree with OP. Baro being gone for 2 weeks, being only here for a day and a half or so and then never having fair warning about what he'll be selling this time.

There are lots of ways that DE could improve this stupid mechanic since Baro is the only way to get certain items.

They won't tho, they might if we had more critical thinkers willing to take DE to task instead of all these drooling fanboys lining up to defend them from the slightest criticism.

He lasts for full two days, 48 hours, not a day and a half, actually.

Well, the time he arrives is weekend, and he lasts for two days so I think that many players are easily able to access for him. He doesn't comes totally randomed timing and leaves after few mins or hours like alert. He comes and leaves on the fixed time, and the duration is not so short either.

If he is easier to access then it seems not so bad, though.

19 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

What if Baro showed up every weekend, but changed his inventory every other week?

People would complain about it anyway. Just slightly different complaints. 

Like they did when he was first introduced and all his stuff was new and rotated for those first few weeks. Then you heard nothing but, "I don't have time to farm ducats," "I can't keep up with the changing inventory" (because of no time to farm ducats, presumably), "Why can't he keep the same inventory?" (irony there), and so on and so forth. 

He's fine. He hasn't changed significantly in some time and if you're paying any kind of attention you know when and where he'll be. 

Not seeing a problem here. 

There's actually already a solution to this. What you do is buy the digital tennocon ticket then when tennocon comes baro has his own special relay where he stays for like a week and has his entire inventory available. Lots of time to build up ducats casually and the ability to see 99% of what he will have in stock ahead of time. 

Edited by Drasiel
Gdi autocorrect

In addition tot he Tennocon option, which costs money, he's there for 48 hours contiguously. If your social life combined with sleep occupies you for all of these, I recommend you loosen your schedule in general, although if you sleep for more than 10 hours a day regularly, you may also wish to speak with your physician.

On 2019-04-17 at 12:43 AM, PollexMessier said:

Or, and this is the best option IMO, Allow people to purchase items from Baro through the app so they can farm for ducats ahead of time and don't have to worry about being available at all.

Yes please, managing crafting and purchases shouldn't require me to navigate the in-game world to the degree we do now.  We're already part of the way there with the app, it should be standard from there that we can handle things that don't involve gameplay through it.