Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What rank are you in nightwave now?

Rank 50 (prestige 20)

Most of it is beyond easy that all you have to do is look to see what it is.  The grindy bits I end up doing multiple times helping the newest members of our clan (the irony that I've only been playing a couple months is not lost on anyone).

I really hope someone at DE has read the feedback and for next time:

1. No more hour long at one time ANYTHING.

2. No more required clan or fake friends

3. No more gilding stuff

4. No more filling statues (despite the fact I made good plat selling statues those weeks)

5. No more 'challenges' that are likely locked from a big part of the active player base (ie. Profit Taker)

3 hours ago, Ced23Ric said:

disengaging

That's exactly what NW is. No one will be able to convince me that killing the flipping profit taker "with a friend" or putting 3 forma on a weapon BS has anything to do with the Wolf of Saturn 6 lore narrated by Nora. Because it doesn't. The outcome is the same wether we do those NW chores or not. I don't know how else to explain it.

But the next time you do a NW chore, ask Nora why? What's the point lore wise? For what purpose? To fight the wolf..no, to catch grinneer inmates...why should WFs give a S#&$. Make me care. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

4 hours ago, bananacat89 said:

31.  I rather enjoy the nightwave stuff. I don't do it religiously but i like having some fun dailies and weeklies to do. Can't really imagine Warframe without it now to be honest. It would feel kinda empty to me. Lookin forward to season 2.  

Ditto on that sentiment. Skipped a few challenges, kept it stress free, got all I wanted and had fun doing it. At 36 i'm just passively stocking up nitain and curious for what's next.

• Like 1

Rank 20 so gonna be so annoying when I watch and just miss out on the umbra forma when it ends =P But thats all on me for skipping the first few weeks for had more fun in a diffrent game atm.

Edit* If my math is right and they don't do any 1 hour challanges if its 2 weeks left I might be able to get umbra for that 8 lvls and with the spare 6k points added with what I have should bring me to 29. But I can't miss anything unless I get a ton of fugitivies to make up for it =P

Edited by Emolition

33 I think. definitely over 30 which is all that matters right now. just logging in and playing with the Korrudo while focusing on Days Gone and For Honor. i'll be back for the next Nightwave, though I hope my reservations about the mode will be vanquished because DE will have improved it a lot. if we can just get the new currency more liberally and make any new bosses they introduce a bit less tanky, I think we'll finally be onto something.

32. I basically stopped as soon as I hit 30 (about two weeks ago), but you can sorta accidentally do a level or two sometimes.

Once you hit 30, there's no point to the "prestige" levels. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I hit max rank just doing easy challenges. People are complaining way too much. You could easily afford to skip the challenges that received the most complaints on this board. 

I'm at about 34 or so without even trying hard. I did do the kuva survival challenges because they were fun, have me kuva and essentially counted for 10k points (it's always paired with the survival challenge)

Edited by Hypernaut1

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Unlike a lot of people here, I really enjoyed Nightwave (Minus some specific challenges...). It gave me something to concentrate on while playing. Unfortunately, the reverse was true. I don't want anything from the nightwave store, so Wolf Creds are basically worthless to me. So, getting Wolf Ranks is pointless for me. And, so, ironically, I've found myself playing WF less over the past few days not because I was burnt out on Nightwave, but because there isn't any Nightwave for me.

Also I'm getting into TF2 so that's not helping.

I'm in the same boat. Hit 30 pretty quick; skipped the annoying challenges. I'm at 37 or 38 now just by doing occasional or helping my son rank his. If there was anything I needed the Wolf Credits for I'd be grinding every one still but there just isn't a reason right now. I want the season to end and a new season to start.

6 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

That's exactly what NW is. No one will be able to convince me that killing the flipping profit taker "with a friend" or putting 3 forma on a weapon BS has anything to do with the Wolf of Saturn 6 lore narrated by Nora. Because it doesn't. The outcome is the same wether we do those NW chores or not. I don't know how else to explain it. But the next time you do a NW chore, ask Nora why? What's the point lore wise? For what purpose? Make me care. 

Next time the Arbiters send you against a higher and higher give you [Vigorous Swap] for half an hour of popping party balloons, ask them why? What's the point lore-wise? For what purpose? You can care about that, yeah? It's called suspension of disbelief, and filling in the blanks yourself. Why does the Lotus send you to murder those 35 specific Grineer on Earth/Mariana? Why do you have to defend that specific pod in the Void? Why do you have to capture that specific teleporting Corpus dude from a derelict? Why do you rescue that specific operative that locked himself in an airlock? Why does the operative in Taveuni bring you Grineer pocket lint every five minutes? You can accept that, eh?

PT with a friend? Nora's asking you to strengthen your bonds to be ready to call allies when needed.
Forma? Nora's asking you to prepare your gear and polish your armory for the fights ahead.
A Glyph? Nora's asking you to deface the installations of the enemies to send a message to passerbys.

You're as much part of that problem as you think you're not.

51 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

It's called suspension of disbelief,

Let me be straight, much of WFs lore is vary convoluted, all over the place. That said there are certain levels I'm willing to accept. NW "chores" not being one of them. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

17 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Let me be straight, much of WFs lore is vary convoluted, all over the place. That said there are certain levels I'm willing to accept. NW "chores" not being one of them. 

What is preventing you from accepting a pirate radio station of a mysterious lady handing out rewards to people that hit the bad guys in various ways, prepare and gear up for more, while showcasing a story that has interactions with you? What's the difference to excavating Limbo parts? What's the difference between "Capture this guy!" in a Lotus quest to "Capture three guys!" in a Nightwave task? What's the difference in "Kill 254 guys in this mission" to "Kill 150 guys while looking like a badass!" in a Nightwave task? What's the difference between "Alright Sparky, we're all here, let's take this thing down!" from Eudico and "Alright Sparky, we're all here, let's take this thing down with a buddy!" in a Nightwave task? I could go on. If you, and you yourself, arbitrarily decide that the very same tasks and missions are not "in lore" if Nora Night announces them, despite having reasons for it, despite reacting to it, despite rewarding you for it, despite being integrated from orbiter, to spawns, to missions, to transmissions, to leading up to the next big piece of content around the corner, then that's 100% on you.