Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favourite underrated weapon?

In my race to hit max mastery rank I've been burning through dozens of weapons without even using most of them at all, just max and sell, but lately I've been getting bored of the usual meta weapons that many including myself have come to rely on for every bit of content the game has. Seeing a clanmate melt lv150 Oberon spectres in the simulacrum with a dark split sword made me want to try something new that would otherwise be considered mr fodder but I don't want to start building and testing everything all over again so I came here hoping for some suggestions for weapons you think are underrated but has potential to be OP if modded well, thanks.

Edited by (PS4)OriginalEquinox

Some weapons I don't see much at all but which I'm hard pressed not to have fun with would include

Astilla
Ogris
Panthera
Secura Penta
Twin Kohmak

Also, a silenced Kulstar (or anything AoE, really) can be a great stealth option.

I used to love my dearest Supra Vandal, which is pretty common now due to rivens. And yes, my riven is pretty much ruined now, even if I still like the weapon.

As for nowadays, and other weapons, I feel like honestly sometimes keeping my "mouth" shut is best. Before more "underrated" weapons get the hammer on themselves or on their rivens.

Primary:  Karak Wraith can go into Sortie 2s and gives me that AK/AR15 feeling that I love.

Secondary:  The Aksomatis with riven for electricity and toxin for lots of corrosive. Those put rounds on target fast and hard.

Melee:  Dragon/Nikana Prime for full fashion frame dominance. 

Not Meta:  Astilla with Riven and 100% status is a beast. I think it’s the only full auto slash shotgun. It tears thru targets and shooting at their feet throws them 50ft in the air. And the dual Ichor. Omg those are incredible and may be one of the best duals in the game. 

Edited by hendrix923
Added weapon
  • Like 1

Lato Prime. I don't see many people using it.

Jokes aside, personally I suggest Twin Krohkur. It looks cool, high crit chance and access to some good stances.

Edited by Goodwill

Mara detron is mentioned by many of you, I thought that gun was godly? Didn't know it was underrated lol. Also a question, I've seen players spamming that infested throwing weapon that has a gas cloud effect on detonation in Hydron quite often, is it good or are they just doing it to piss people off like the accursed Mirage+simulor/staticor or whatever the * burns my eyes out combos?

one from each type

primary: the astilla - rapid fire aoe glass shotgun, never seen anybody else using it

secondary: the plinx - spam fire, infinite ammo, crit headshot machine with near instant reload, seems to fly under the radar

melee: cassowar - direct upgrade of the othos p, another criminally underrated weapon

3 hours ago, hendrix923 said:

Astilla with Riven and 100% status is a beast. I think it’s the only full auto slash shotgun.

Kohm and (yay Twin) Kohmak exist, and are most certainly contenders in that field.

BTW, Astilla doesn't really need to hit the magical 100% Status, it fires a single slug instead of multiple pellets.

2 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

I've seen players spamming that infested throwing weapon that has a gas cloud effect on detonation in Hydron quite often,
is it good or are they just doing it to piss people off like the accursed Mirage+simulor/staticor or whatever the * burns my eyes out combos?

Bit of column A, bit of column B? 😛

Pox is pretty beastly, you can e.g. combo it with Magnetize / Larva / Vortex,
or "just" go, say, Corrosive + Blast to create Armor-shredding CC (and of course damage) zones of doom all on its own.

Plus it just looks so dang freaky (and can indeed be used for trolling via obnoxious Energy colors), I love it.

2 hours ago, Etan-gK said:

secondary: the plinx - spam fire, infinite ammo, crit headshot machine with near instant reload, seems to fly under the radar

Plinx is hardly terrible or anything, it's just, you could make a Rattleguts (with stats adjusted to your liking),
slap Pax Charge on that, bam, same gimmick but overall just better weapon, right there.
(Plus the option to swap out the battery gimmick for something else, e.g. Pax Seeker is stupid good in more open tiles.)

• Like 1