Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2

SilverBones

39 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

Every Lua Vault have an easy way. In wall latching challenge you can just go back into present after hacking the first console. 

Ok, I'll give you that.  Though I still can't figure out how to do it with going back to the present.  However, it brings up a new problem.

Switching between times automatically warps your warframe to your new location in the new time.  Which would be an automatic failure.  So now all three vaults are seemingly impossible as operator only since the stipulation is that your warframe cannot leave the spawn room.

1 минуту назад, (PS4)Lollybomb сказал:

Ok, I'll give you that.  Though I still can't figure out how to do it with going back to the present.  However, it brings up a new problem.

Switching between times automatically warps your warframe to your new location in the new time.  Which would be an automatic failure.  So now all three vaults are seemingly impossible as operator only since the stipulation is that your warframe cannot leave the spawn room.

Ohhh. Nice catch! I guess, if DE will ever add Lua spy Vaults to the list, they would indeed will have to find a workaround. Landing as Operator like in Umbra quest seems like the most obvious one.

18 hours ago, TyrianMollusk said:

The right change here is to turn in statues for their fully-socketed endo reward.  This avoids punishing players for just doing upkeep on their inventory.

But you wanna punish players for collecting? I haven't turned in a single one in my entire WF career and i never will. No amount of wolf credits will change that.

Please remove the “use 3 forma” challenge. It’s incredibly unfair to people who have their stuff forma’d to their liking or people like me who have a small stockpile of forma and don’t want to be forced to use it on arbitrary frames and weapons just to complete a challenge.

Same goes for the “Gild a zaw/kitgun”. 

I really would appreciate a method of gaining missed rewards from previous seasons, especially for this first one which had a rough implementation. I’m more than a little peeved I’m going to have to miss out on all the Nora Night stuff, Mods, and Wolf armor, emotes, syandana, etc because I had to deal with real life and couldn’t put multiple hours a week towards the Acts.

I've seen it mentioned that Mod Transmutation is getting looked at once more. Can we expect this at roughly the same time as the Mod Transmutation Act is being introduced? It'd be nice to have more reasons to try Transmutation than just for the Act, and a very low chance of getting anything more than a Common Mod from 4 Rares.

not a big change for me personally as the replay Option is kinda S#&$ty and doesn't stop the grind at all. I still won't be able to complete all challenges in one week and furthermore won't e able to complete the all challenges for one week and the previous week. The challenges still sound like chores to me...  Only interesting "challenge" is the one with the Spy mission with your operator. The rest is still no challenge and just repetetive. Would have expected more useful changes but this? C'mon.

I didn't touch warframe since finishing Nightwave Series 1 as it totally burnt out my interest and unfortunately those changes didn't change anything for me. Sad to see my favourite game go this way but hey... atleast you tried I guess.

On 2019-05-10 at 4:53 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Feedback is welcomed!

I would say nightwave needs a cohesive story element. I get Nora narrating but on The Warriors she was keeping everyone in the know instead of just random chatter. Her lines could be adjusted to be timely and relevant to where you are in your weekly challenges. "Theres one dreamer out there missing out on a big reward because they forgot to finish 10 syndicate missions" so I dont realize that 14 minutes before the weekly flip. 

On 2019-05-10 at 11:54 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Elite Weekly

• Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

It means you are must be the host, isn't? It means you can't play the mission when join the game, for you will start near of the teammate that is already on the game.

11 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

Make K-Drive have better controls and we'll talk (Maybe I am a minority but I have difficulty doing grinds, maybe having the ability to have separate controls for k drive so like... the trick buttons are different than the fire buttons, k drive doesn't acknowledge having crouch as a toggle, etc?). Til then I don't want this at all.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the controls either. But most of the races require little to no "tricks" mostly some jumping here and there. Honestly, since they buffed standing from races, I went from having no built drives, to having them all mastered in just 2-3 weeks, or whatever it takes. Just doing races for standing every day.

18 hours ago, rand0mname said:

I am sorta sad to see that “with friends” challenge is getting axed.

The way I see it is that people that have friends/clan mates that they want to run with... will already be doing so. Those who didn't, sure some made friends, but most just added people to their friend list and played the one time. It was a game with randoms with an extra step for many. So the only options I personally felt would work are the option they chose, or just simply make it "with at least one other player." ie don't require a friend or clanny, just require SOMEONE.

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Please remove the “use 3 forma” challenge. It’s incredibly unfair to people who have their stuff forma’d to their liking or people like me who have a small stockpile of forma and don’t want to be forced to use it on arbitrary frames and weapons just to complete a challenge.

Same goes for the “Gild a zaw/kitgun”. 

This. A challenge to waste resources is asinine. That's how we got global warming.

Ok the forma 3 times needs to absolutely disappear from existence since like the reward for nightwave gives us formas but you're forcing us to use it because of the challenge instead of being able to save forma for weapons i might want to build in the future its just an absolute waste of resources

I heard hinty-hints that season 2 will focus on the Infestation 🤔

Now I'm really curious who this Emissary is/are and how this connects to the warframes / the Tenno themselves.

SHIP IT! XD

(kidding, polish it as long as you have to, no rush)

On 2019-05-10 at 10:54 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Complete a Spy mission using your Operator. Warframe cannot leave spawn room.

So what happens on Uranus when you have to go underwater? Guess you're going to have to let our operators use Archwings now and K Decks.

8 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

So what happens on Uranus when you have to go underwater? Guess you're going to have to let our operators use Archwings now and K Decks.

A fair question, but the answer is gonna be "Don't do that spy mission."

Am 10.5.2019 um 16:54 schrieb [DE]Bear:

1) Playing Catch-Up: Stored, Missed Acts!

2) Degrindification!

3) Changes to Existing Acts!

4) New Acts!

5) The Emissary

6) The Wolf 

this is my first post and english is not my native tongue, so please bear with me. i try to cover stuff i'm thinking the last couple of days, so i do hope i will not scare anyone with a rather long post ...

first and most important, players need to be reminded that they DO NOT need to do every challenge. i hit rank 50 in series 1, which means i "overplayed" for 200K standing - i think the massiv problem in the player base is a compulsory "i want to have everything, i want to do everything" - even if that means to do the quest "pet your pet 50 times" - people will complain doing it, while doing it rather than just skipping it. its just my gut feeling and i know there are dozen of types of players out there. but u get my point. series 1 showed me that i can easily skip something and still get my tier30 rewards.

1.) catchup - good idea. i can see, that some people can't afford playing every day / every week wf - so this is a good change -> maybe change the daily missions into weeklys as well? with 1K standing ofc but the flexibility that i can do them, when i want. Or maybe even not only having the option of catching up one week ago but also one week in the future - this will be a little more effort to already schedule 1-2-3 weeks in advance but still it gives way more flexibilty in achieving all the quests and creating a safe polster when to skip challenges i dont want. a progress bar showing me that im "way ahead" of an estimated reach will help me, get a grip on what i really need to do and what not. my biggest issue in series 1: i had no feeling if am ahead or behind.... a visualization would greatly help here. On the other side, the first series worked rather fine for me - i hit rank 50 & i wasn't doing all the events.

2&3.) Overall a good idea to decrease the grind, but i see "6 different bounties" and "6 different captures" being more time-consuming. in series 1 i was just doing 10 profit taker runs, which gave me credits, standing, ressources etc.pp and fulfilling the challenge passively. now with different bounties im afraid on needing to do the other bounties which i dont want to, because i dont need the standing from these, nor the rewards and it will take more useless time. so your plan in reducing the grind actually increases that. i like doing the challenges passively and most of the time it was manageable -> 3 mobile defense or exterminate as fissure or even in sorties.

Ayatan-Socketing, Formaing and Gilding needs to be gone - or at least lower the standing to 1K so players already maxed their gear wont need to pass on to many standing there ... and here come my biggest issue, combined with 4.) Hooray for some new Acts/Challenges - but i am really missing FLAVOR! So far, nightwave felt utterly chaotic and has no link at all. Why am i doing this or that? Mission types are kinda base-warframe AND FUN, but we really don't need to have any possible challenge like "switch your warframes colors 10 times"

Warframe, for me, is a Space-Ninja-Stealthy-Sometimes-Killing-Lots-of-Baddassess-the-Rest-of-the-Time-Game. With the addition of K-Drives, Floofs and some other nonsense i am loosing my cool vibe for the game and just spending resources on stuff i dont need, has absolutely no flavor at all and especially no benefit for a series of "the wolf of saturn six": Series 1 was about a hunting lonesome warrior and "all" we had to do was mine gems or scan stuff. That's maybe warframe in the time being but thats neither the game i fell in love with nor is it a cool gimmick. If i want to skate I play tony hawk (and i freaking hated leveling FOUR k-drives) and i am no manga.lover either - i don#t want to capture stupid animals - i am a killing machine stealth ninja. Yes, i can just ignore these parts, but i was not having great of a time while fishing or mining - this felt too much of WOW to me and lets be honest - warframe is much much cooler than "comic ressourcening" ...
I know, i have to speak for myself, so if anyone likes the floofs - fine, implented stuff which is related to that, needed to be done to acquire something else which is then also related to this (capture animals -> get floof) but don't force me to do k-races if i want to have an umbra forma. I know, I can skip the races and still collect enough standing, but still.

Rabbling on and on will not provide any feedback, i tried to explain what i dont like and the reason (missing flavor) - please dont expect every player to also have unique ideas on how it could be better, i am no game designer, its not my job nor passion to have ideas - and i dont want to post stupid ideas neither. so, all i can say is, keep the games flavor and don't ruin it with just doing stuff for the sake of it. whats the flavor of these tasks anyway? that players earn something. they have to play the game, okay i get that, but socketing is no fun part.

I would love a concept which maybe follows the nature of (speaking of stupid ideas):

• exterminate missions, (kill lots of bad guys) rewards you with more weapons/damage-based mods
  • maybe even distinguish: cold mods drop in icy corpus world, the heat mods on venus...
  • survivals, endurance based, rewards you more with (warframe)mods like vitality
  • spy missions rewards you more with stuff on stealthy approaches

Instinctively i know and feel what i want to do.

Archived