Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

16 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

we already have frames that do that and you know how overlap is in warframe. that buff would be pointless with oberon in the group or nezha in the group or any combination of mods. i have no problem with the speed buff playing as wisp. the attack speed make slow fire weapons bearable to use. i am on the side that she should not impose that on others though.

Like we sure about that? I mean fair there are some overlap in that a pretty niche group of already support frames provide similar support. I had mentioned rolling dodge guard which, is like the only one worth mentioning. Status effects at their worst are somewhat of an annoyance. With a +Weapon Damage % and Immune to Status Effects relatively permabuff, she could actually replace Oberon as you mentioned. Currently she cannot. Oberon, lets let this sink in, does everything Wisp does better, except the stealth. Better (team) damage buff, better (team) healing, better (team) survivability, better (team) mitigation, better nuke. Now I'm not one to do all this tier/meta/best list or anything, but that's damn crazy. At least she is faster than Nezh.......... oh wait.....

Edited by F8ted
Passion+Fatigue poorly translates to accuracy

12 minutes ago, F8ted said:

Like we sure about that? I mean fair there are some overlap in that a pretty niche group of already support frames provide similar support. I had mentioned rolling dodge guard which, is like the only one worth mentioning. Status effects at their worst are somewhat of an annoyance. With a +Weapon Damage % and Immune to Status Effects relatively permabuff, she could actually replace Oberon as you mentioned. Currently she cannot. Oberon, lets let this sink in, does everything Wisp does better, except the stealth. Better (team) damage buff, better (team) healing, better (team) survivability, better (team) mitigation, better nuke. Now I'm not one to do all this tier/meta/best list or anything, but that's damn crazy. At least she is faster than Nezh.......... oh wait.....

Rapid Resilience + anti toxin, flame repellent etc makes procs a non issue so yes any combination of mod. renewal might have faster regen but it doesnt add health like health mote that also adds regen on top of adding health. team damage buff? thats a no. better nuke? thats a no. she doesnt need to replace oberon.

Oh... this could have been AMAZING for party play....

Why for the love of god DE, do the motes not effect specters or otherwise added on units like those under mind control. These types of unit have never been viable due to scaling problems with damage, health, and armor. This is one of the few ways to actually have add units actually hold some sort of use as well as properly play nice with other frames abilities.

Her 4 on the other hand.... are you trying to blind all of us? This thing seriously needs some work on the energy color and blinding. The damage with it is lack luster to the extreme as well.

8 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

Oh... this could have been AMAZING for party play....

Why for the love of god DE, do the motes not effect specters or otherwise added on units like those under mind control. These types of unit have never been viable due to scaling problems with damage, health, and armor. This is one of the few ways to actually have add units actually hold some sort of use as well as properly play nice with other frames abilities.

Her 4 on the other hand.... are you trying to blind all of us? This thing seriously needs some work on the energy color and blinding. The damage with it is lack luster to the extreme as well.

there is nothing wrong with the damage. its the tick rate. an increase to tick rate may push it over the top against any target under the effect of breach surge, but we wont know until they increase it.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

She's pretty much perfect! :heart:

That aside there's two minor Quality of Life nitpicks I'd like to make on her third ability (Breach Surge)

1 - Breach Surge is great for allowing fluid instant mobility, but it's easy to forget where you place your Reservoirs sometime. Would making the energy-colored teleportation signifiers appear when holding the ability trigger help visualise their location á la Nidus maggot sensor?

2 - Breach Surge's range is doubled when you teleport onto a Reservoir but won't trigger on a close-by pod. I think having it's range double by default when inside of the pod could probably dillute the minor inconvenience of bulletjumping out of range to teleport back into the Reservoir.

Edited by Sauzzey

Wisp is awesome. Permanent placeable buffs for speed and RoF, an aggro draw that doubles as teleportation, and a blind. Basically Volt Speed, only you don't need to spam it, Loki's decoy crossed with Nezha's Chakram and Excal's blind. It's not surprising that when someone complains about her, a quick check of their profile shows they don't even have, as is pretty much usual whenever a new frame comes out. Her 4 seems a bit underwhelming, but people can't aim and don't pay attention to the way elemental damage works either, so I'm not surprised there either.

1. Shed motes

We need to be able to shed the motes. Due to how the motes function as far as overwriting with stronger (you cannot change the strength of a mote until you respawn [falling off the map or other somesuch incident]) or weaker motes and renewing the duration of motes (you can renew your motes in the reservoirs, but if there is a shorter duration wisp in the party, and you go into their reservoir, it will shorten your motes by refreshing them with the shorter timer).

2. Destroy reservoirs

In the same vein as the previous, we need to be able to remove reservoirs from play. They are persistent until you make more or they are destroyed by nullifiers or enemy AOE attacks. There needs to be a away to remove the reservoirs.

3. Overwriting motes (strength)

There needs to be a way to overwrite weaker motes with a stronger mote. If that is as simple as the first suggestion (shedding them and getting new, stronger ones), then good, but there needs to be a way to just go into a stronger reservoir area and get the stronger mote. If the stronger mote is shorter duration though, then don't let the duration be refreshed longer than that mote you just received.

4. Overwriting motes (duration)

As it stands now, if you have motes from one player's reservoir and you go through another player's reservoir, the strength of the motes does not change, however the duration will be overwritten to the new duration, even if it shorter or longer. There needs to be something here to where if you have a longer duration already, it won't cut off duration, or if you have a shorter one, it merely refreshes the shorter timer.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but they should give Wisp her feet back, because man, does it look terrible when you ADS or use melee weapon. Not to mention the fact that u can't really use other animation sets because of the same reason. 

2 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

It doesn't hurt eximus units either (most of the time, at least; sometimes it seems like it does damage). I think it's a bug. 

You gotta hold it on the same target for a few seconds when they have hgh HP For the first two secs it looks like it does no damage, but at the 4th second they're dead (or almost dead). The damage quickly ramps up exponentially when you hold it on one target. 

DE, just thought of a change that would make Wisp's #4 feel a bit better. Right now it's a bit underwhelming. It's hard for me to pull out my #4 when my guns do just as much.

When normally being fired at specific spot on a wall/ground for more than 2 seconds, have it leave a hot spot on the ground/walls that if an enemy touches, they take additional heat damage. Maybe 1/2 of #4's overall damage per tick for.. 4 seconds.

When holding down Left Click for enhanced fire, at a spot for 3 seconds. Have it leave a bigger hotter spot for 15 seconds. If it's only pointed at the spot for 1 second it leaves the smaller hot spot. (With slight 1% self damage)

This way a Wisp could super heat an area and create a hot zone that enemies can't enter without getting torched. Heat** damage only, not radiation. (with an exception)

It would make sense right? You're firing super heated plasma from the sun.. From the SUN... at a Metal/Rock WALL/Ground... It's going to heat up.

**That 1 exception.. Pluto, venus, and europa. IE Ice planets. When it fires at ice/snow. It doesn't have a lasting damage area. Instead just does a 10m/20m radius Blast AOE. Watch out for self damage!(1%)

Lastly.. Let us cast our #3 (double radius) while #4 is active. So we can get some damage cascades going.

Edited by LazyBunnyKiera

One piece of feedback that I can give is if you are in a group with a Wisp and have her buffs when you crouch and try to use a Sniper scope the buff things will block your vision and block any shot you take until it moves out of the way.

8 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

Rapid Resilience + anti toxin, flame repellent etc makes procs a non issue so yes any combination of mod. renewal might have faster regen but it doesnt add health like health mote that also adds regen on top of adding health. team damage buff? thats a no. better nuke? thats a no. she doesnt need to replace oberon.

No one is going to put two plus mods on their Warframe to avoid procs. I definitely said Rolling Guard was the only one worth mentioning because hell it is the best part of Wisps 2 with the ability to clear status effects for no energy. You can build Rapid Resilience. You can also build provoked. Not very many people do that. Besides having faster health regen it, it literally prevents each team mate from dying once every 90 seconds. Team damage buff? Smite infusion: adds 100% radiation damage to allies attacks for 40 seconds. Haste mote: adds 30% attack speed. That's baseline a 70% damage difference, Oberon scales better with ability power since it has a higher percentage to begin with. That's a "more than twice as good damage buff". Better nuke? Besides Reckoning dealing 1900 damage vs 1000, it deals it in a radius rather than basically a single enemy spawn pack. It also instantly remove 30%+ ability strength armor, and just for the Hek of it heals. Just two less than 1 second casts removes all armor and deals around 4000 damage to all enemies within 15m. That's two corrosive procs from Sol Gate worth of time. Honestly, this was not actually debatable, but good show simply saying "no that's not how it works" without any evidence. With Oberon, given his dominance of the support field (at least relative to Wisp) people are definitely going to hold on to a flat damage bonus, automatic revival, nuke that not only works but doesn't blind your own team. This thread is currently 100% people who bought Wisp in the first place. It hasn't even gone through enough time to actually be built. Numbers don't lie, especially in a game where a 5% status/crit chance makes or breaks a gun. 

I still feel the whole portal concept theme isnt that visible on Wisp. Sure the portal visual effects are pretty good, it still not different from other deployable frame skills.

Allowing Wisp to open a portal to the sun makes her overall skill lackluster in the "portal concept". Like why can she only open a portal to the sun and the sun alone?

Reservoir Portal [1st skill augment]

When 2 of the same reservoir are active, players can interact with it allowing them to warp to the other reservoir. 

Dimensional Gate [4th skill augment]

If Wisp can access the sun, she should be able to access everything.

Depending on which reservoir is selected on toggle wheel, her Sol gate properties will change. 

Heal mote = Sun Same as her original skill

Haste mote = Uranus/Earth Ocean Opens a portal deep under water, the tremendous water pressure slashes enemy. A Slash and Puncture based water beam

Shock mote = Space Vacuum Opens a portal into deep space, the freezing void crushes the enemy. Drops a portal to the ground sucking enemies into it dealing cold and impact damage.. (yeah similar to Vauban's vortex)

Also personal rant... Shouldn't the color of the solar beam always be sunlight colored, and should be independent on the player's energy color?

Edited by Neptlude
I suck at spelling D:

2 hours ago, F8ted said:

No one is going to put two plus mods on their Warframe to avoid procs. I definitely said Rolling Guard was the only one worth mentioning because hell it is the best part of Wisps 2 with the ability to clear status effects for no energy. You can build Rapid Resilience. You can also build provoked. Not very many people do that. Besides having faster health regen it, it literally prevents each team mate from dying once every 90 seconds. Team damage buff? Smite infusion: adds 100% radiation damage to allies attacks for 40 seconds. Haste mote: adds 30% attack speed. That's baseline a 70% damage difference, Oberon scales better with ability power since it has a higher percentage to begin with. That's a "more than twice as good damage buff". Better nuke? Besides Reckoning dealing 1900 damage vs 1000, it deals it in a radius rather than basically a single enemy spawn pack. It also instantly remove 30%+ ability strength armor, and just for the Hek of it heals. Just two less than 1 second casts removes all armor and deals around 4000 damage to all enemies within 15m. That's two corrosive procs from Sol Gate worth of time. Honestly, this was not actually debatable, but good show simply saying "no that's not how it works" without any evidence. With Oberon, given his dominance of the support field (at least relative to Wisp) people are definitely going to hold on to a flat damage bonus, automatic revival, nuke that not only works but doesn't blind your own team. This thread is currently 100% people who bought Wisp in the first place. It hasn't even gone through enough time to actually be built. Numbers don't lie, especially in a game where a 5% status/crit chance makes or breaks a gun. 

smite infusion has to be slotted and is target specific whereas speed mote is an aura of the base frames power. i never see any oberon players using smite infusion. you are forgetting that breach surge turns enemies into pax seeker with a modable damage modifier. again with pheonix renewal oberon has to equip another mod just for you to make this comparison. wisp has no augments so i dont know why you are trying to compare an augmented frame to one that isnt augmented.. building wisp has no relevance here. this is a feeback thread about how shes plays/feels, and if there are any problems or ideas for improvement because people own her, and not a thread about how people think she plays because of not being released yet.

2 hours ago, F8ted said:

No one is going to put two plus mods on their Warframe to avoid procs

I do..? A lot of people already do. 

Pls stop trying to change wisp's kit into something entirely different. Just play titania instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LazyBunnyKiera said:

DE, just thought of a change that would make Wisp's #4 feel a bit better. Right now it's a bit underwhelming. It's hard for me to pull out my #4 when my guns do just as much.
~~Snip~~
Lastly.. Let us cast our #3 (double radius) while #4 is active. So we can get some damage cascades going.

Yesssss to everything this player said...  Especially the last bit though; it would be incredibly helpful.

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

I do..? A lot of people already do. 

Pls stop trying to change wisp's kit into something entirely different. Just play titania instead.

i know i do for infested arbi. rapid resilience antitoxin aura and regular mod. then i just laugh at all the toxin damage/procs.