Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong rework first impressions

(PSN)RenovaKunumaru

2 hours ago, Artlor said:

Cloud Walker could become Shapeshift

First of all, I don't completely disagree that his third isn't that good. However, with the new changes he is now a viable spy/rescue frame with the increased speed. Not the best tweak, but I honestly don't see why you suggestion is better. You will now limited to the walking or running speed of the faction you copied, I'm pretty sure they also can't bullet jump and you are not invulnerable. I still prefer they keep this skill because of the augment which turns allies invisible as well which is a pretty good survivability skill.

As for the ult, I would like them to keep the stick, but add in combos or mechanics that allow him to extend it to extreme lengths because this Image result for warframe wukong very long staff is fun. 

On 2019-05-29 at 3:44 PM, DeMonkey said:

I'm not dead yet.

Funnily enough, I don't recall it happening all that much from what I read of Journey to the West. It happened, sure, but I recall him transmogrifying his body more often that he summoned clones. Growing to the height of heaven, growing additional limbs or simply transforming into a fish.

I haven't read the original story (or any version of it, really.)  I have seen a few movies based on it though.  The main one that comes to mind was the version starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li, where it turned out that the prankster martial artist traveling with Jackie Chan's character for most of the movie was actually one of the Monkey King's copies.  From what I remember, the Monkey King himself was trapped at the start of the story, but managed to create a copy that would eventually find allies to come back and help set himself free.

But that's a movie version, so it's entirely possible (and highly likely) that they mangled the original story beyond all recognition.  Which I wouldn't be able to spot, because I've never read the original story.  😞

*Edit*  And even then, the copy seemed to be more of a last second backup plan, rather than something he did all the time.  He actually got away with it *because* it wasn't something he normally did, and the enemy that trapped him didn't know or forgot that he could do something like that and wasn't hunting down the copy.  It's more like "Luke used the Force to lift his lightsaber" than "Luke HIT something with his lightsaber."  One is something that the character did once and can probably do again if they need to.  The second is a defining trait *of* the character.

Edited by EmberStar

21 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I haven't read the original story (or any version of it, really.)  I have seen a few movies based on it though.  The main one that comes to mind was the version starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li, where it turned out that the prankster martial artist traveling with Jackie Chan's character for most of the movie was actually one of the Monkey King's copies.  From what I remember, the Monkey King himself was trapped at the start of the story, but managed to create a copy that would eventually find allies to come back and help set himself free.

But that's a movie version, so it's entirely possible (and highly likely) that they mangled the original story beyond all recognition.  Which I wouldn't be able to spot, because I've never read the original story.  😞

*Edit*  And even then, the copy seemed to be more of a last second backup plan, rather than something he did all the time.  He actually got away with it *because* it wasn't something he normally did, and the enemy that trapped him didn't know or forgot that he could do something like that and wasn't hunting down the copy.  It's more like "Luke used the Force to lift his lightsaber" than "Luke HIT something with his lightsaber."  One is something that the character did once and can probably do again if they need to.  The second is a defining trait *of* the character.

ah Forbidden Kingdom. That wasn't a bad movie yet alone a jttw adaption. 

Should read the original story it's a time killer for sure xD

Almost 1500 pages. 

Wukong is getting a rework as we all know and soon will be in game too, Along with the rework of its abilities does wukong sprint by any chance gets a change?

My request for wukong sprinting animation

Wukong to have a 'skating on a cloud' like animation for his sprint by default. walking should be normal jump animations also normal or whatever already intended. But was hoping to just put up an idea for Wukong to  have a sprint animation where as soon as wukong warframe sprints he literally just skates on a puffy cloud like as if the cloud was his skateboard and may be have his wukong staff at the ready while sprinting. 

All in all it should look like when wukong sprints hes not really running but literally leaning forward with left knee bent cos front part of the cloud is holding his leg up in front and the right leg is stretched back and all this while wukong holds his staff in his right had and lets the rest of the staff length kinda just rest on his right shoulder like as if hes going into battle.

Is this possible at the last minute.

I really dont have hope that this post would get seen obviously, but just putting it out there hoping it might be a unique animation for wukong just like how some warframes like wisp got her unique floating animation while sprinting.

Just dint wanna regret not putting this idea out there before Wukong deluxe skin and rework gets released some time in coming future.

Wukong sprint make sit look like hes just gliding or skating on a pillow of a puffy cloud leaning forward holding his staff, Probably would be great if the sprint speed was like nezha that way it would be better or actually even more higher sprint speed on cloud would be awesome too.

Anyways thats my idea I wanted to share hoping the rework would get this idea also included for sprint.

Thank you

• Like 1

22 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Neither is Limbo, but that doesn't stop him from running a spy vault from Lua to the Kuva fortress in record times...Allowing him to pass through lasers won't matter to many who detest vault runs, but it will matter to those who do enjoy it and want some variation in a spy vault from time to time....

Limbo may not be a stealth Frame, but Rift Walker still works in tandem with the rest of his kit. The reason Limbo is so good at stealth mission is mainly up to the player's skill, because IIRC, Rift Walker's only advantage is no damage and knockdown through laser barriers, right?

Edited by (PS4)thefallenloser

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

Limbo may not be a stealth Frame, but Rift Walker still works in tandem with the rest of his kit. The reason Limbo is so good at stealth mission is mainly up to the player's skill, because IIRC, Rift Walker's only advantage is no damage and knockdown through laser barriers, right?

He doesn't trigger the alarms passing through lasers..That is what makes him so valuable at spy vaults...

1 hour ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

yet is still detectable via cameras, guards, scouting drones. >.>

Your point...???.....Wukong would be subject to the same, but able to pass through lasers...I don't see the issue with this beyond you just wanting to say no to someone...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

5 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Your point...???.....Wukong would be subject to the same, but able to pass through lasers...I don't see the issue with this beyond you just wanting to say no to someone...

Passing through Lasers isn't even a noteworthy feat. Case in point look at this Nezha. Watch him warp like a goblin at the other side of said lasers. Again in slow motion. Loki using decoy and switch teleport, Ash if an enemy happens to be on other side of the laser wall. Nova via wormhole, If they can teleport then it's w/e. 

Wukong trips alarms in cloud walker when going through as a cloud. He just wouldn't be detectable through optical traps. Literally the reverse of limbo's passive in this context. 

New Mithra skin is out now I wanted to buy it but upcoming rework stoped me, it's cool, but I'm kinda second guessing if I will run Wukong after it, on a regular basis like I do now. I really hope that my favourite frame gonna be improved not else.

Naanda so many replies.. So intimidating dude. hahaha so many ideas  too.. I thought ill just edit one more idea into my post and wow so many replies hahah.

I thought may be a deluxe skin for a K-drive board that makes a K - drive look like a cotton candy cloud made of glowing energy light colors of player's choice and also  if possible some trail left behind would be awesome too. 

So, cloud walker is based on the mythical cloud walking slippers that wukong has, but looks nothing like it.  Functionally, it's alright, although desperately needs the proposed speed increase.  Artistically, it would be awesome if it resembled the flying nimbus from Dragonball.

Here's how I imagine it could be implemented.

Use k-drive riding animations for Wukong's body.

Apply translucence effect from Wisp's passive to make his body "invisible", but still visible to the player.

Create the standard particle cloud at Wukong's feet, with an energy tail akin to weapon trails.  It could even be done stylistically like Ōkami for some pretty effects.

When cancelled, make the cloud pop/burst to the range of the stun effect.

THIS IS NOT A CLEMING FIRST IMPRESSIONS POST, CLEMIT.  QUIT AGGREGATING MY CLEM.  CLEM!

Edited by Guest

On 2019-06-07 at 7:37 AM, (PS4)chibitonka said:

still salty it didn't replace cloud walker. Rip Iron Jab lovers. Rip potential Iron Jab pinball Wukong melee antics.

You now get Iron Jab every time you press Forwards and Melee while Aiming ^^ That lunging combo likely does more damage and doesn't make you stand still and do nothing for the duration. 

5 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You now get Iron Jab every time you press Forwards and Melee while Aiming ^^ That lunging combo likely does more damage and doesn't make you stand still and do nothing for the duration. 

i'll just sum up Iron Jab's greatness like this.

Mobile Monkey Launching jabs of death. See that wall, ceiling, floor or enemy? Monkey can jab off it to get to those he's after faster. In a bad spot? Jab to get out of danger. Ran out of velocity while parkouring? Jab off a team mate, your clones or anything else you can think of. 

Instead of replacing cloud walker they replaced a good way of making Wukong's Melee game that much more his own.

Admittedly they screwed the pooch putting Iron jab the way they did but now that it's setup like that you lose the potential of what i described. Even more so when you consider consistently being able to cast it is vital.

Edited by (PS4)chibitonka

Mixed feelings with the state of the rework. I'm worried I wont be taking wukong into Arbitrations anymore.

So iron jab is traded for a clone with aprimary/melee. 

- cool. My first thought is maybe putting a status primary to enable a CO melee/Iron Staff. 

Defy is proposed to become a taunt. 

- so a taunt like Wukong stands there and absorbs like Nyx's 4 or even Octavia's 1. Or like Nyx's 4+Assimilate augment? Could the clone become the psuedo-mallet?

Cloudwalker gets a speed boost and damage buff to wukong.

- I like that his mobility gets increase, promotes a aggressive melee playstyle or maybe a retreat. Maybe make the cloud form a bit more transparent cause I could barely see anything in the demo.

Primal Fury gets a overhaul with the combo system.

- still need a reason to use this over other melee weapons especially with rivens being a thing. I have a heavy zaw with exodia hunt that just trivializes everything because of that CC it provides.

-i thought of this before, but introduce staff modes with light and heavy modes like primary/secondary fire. Light mode is a thin, long staff that prioritizes speed and range (a lot of range) for minimal damage, which combos with Shattering Impact as a armor stripper/nullified bubble pecker. Heavy mode has shorter range but will hit harder with a high crit multiplier or something