Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is not MR fodder and should be given a try.

angias

Getting tired of everyone asking what they think is MR fodder.

Basically something that's totally worth your ressources and investment.

I am more interresed in the less oblivious weapon.

Call for discovery and experiment.

The issue with declaring a weapon MR fodder is most of that is determined by endurance runners and meta players.

There are a lot of weapons that will get the job done for average content that get looked over because they don't wipe as fast as other weapons that are used for level 150+

Sure, I give every weapon a right old try before passing judgement. If I'm not sure, it goes into cold storage and I go searching for second opinions.

There are, however, weapons that are either "love at first kill" or "hate at first shot." The moment I first killed something with my Corinth, I was in love. Conversely, the moment I first fired the Rakta Ballistica, I knew it was MR fodder.

I also keep and/or Forma plenty of non-meta weapons just because I find them fun. For example, the Nukor is like a 50's sci-fi ray gun and I love it, despite that crit chance. Also, the Panthera is a gun that fires shurikens and turns into a circular saw. It's a gun that fires shurikens and turns into a circular saw.

Edited by KnossosTNC

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

without knowing what you already like/ have tried, I can't make a full suggestion. I'd just say try everything, personally my favourite underrated gun is the Grinlok: most people don't bother with it, but I love it.

Simply do a list of what you know and think is less known.

I think only 30% of weapons are mr fodder.

I think player are discouraged to try things outside of the meta and i want to bring a more complete oportinity than what my personnal opinion could bring.

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

The issue with declaring a weapon MR fodder is most of that is determined by endurance runners and meta players.

That tends to do it.

The reality is that maybe only 10% of the weapons in Warframe are just so utterly awful that even a Riven can't save em, but if it can't 2 shot a level 1000 bombard according to the endurance crowd its trash.

Which is why we have Rivens instead of proper weapon balance changes imo, but that's just my stance on it.

17 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

There are a lot of weapons that will get the job done for average content that get looked over because they don't wipe as fast as other weapons that are used for level 150+

I say, screw the meta! They're not always right either.

Well, for my experience, I can tell you that there are more that a few weapons that can easily get the job done. One such example is the Scoliac, a whip most people tend to forget the existence of, partially because Atterax and partially because the stance for it, Coiling Viper, is limited both in terms of number of combos and range. But, it's more than serviceable as a Status weapon, plus the more limited combos for Coiling Viper makes it easier to keep track of inputs and the limited range means there is less of the annoying deadzone that comes from using Burning Wasp.

18 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That tends to do it.

The reality is that maybe only 10% of the weapons in Warframe are just so utterly awful that even a Riven can't save em, but if it can't 2 shot a level 1000 bombard according to the endurance crowd its trash.

Which is why we have Rivens instead of proper weapon balance changes imo, but that's just my stance on it.

idk, "utterly awful" is subjective to the level you're playing. 

Is MK1 gear utterly awful for Mot?  Yes.  But it's not for Level 1 content, it's pretty good.  

I'm not saying I know which weapons perform best in which levels but, yeah, there are weapons suited to level ranges and no amount of mods, Riven or otherwise, that will change that and I don't see that as a bad thing. 

• Like 1

All weapons are viable for clearing the star chart. 

It's when you start hitting higher levels that you will find differences. 

With that being said. 

"worth investing in" would be a slightly simpler list. 

Anything that has a prime is not worth investing and is mostly for MR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, angias said:

Getting tired of everyone asking what they think is MR fodder.

Basically something that's totally worth your ressources and investment.

Call for discovery and experiment.

stradavar, ogris, lato, karak, any weapon is good if you put 4+ forma on it

il y a 4 minutes, 844448 a dit :

any weapon is good if you put 4+ forma on it

My Mk1-Braton say otherwise but i guess for the majority it does apply.

(i can do sortie with it, it's just not effective....at all)

But since i got a riven for the braton i should rework my build on it.

Edited by angias
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Salty Ginger said:

Put your time, and resources into an Arca Plasmor. You'll never have a problem the bigboom-stick can`t handle. 😎

i raise you Corinth because GRENADE LAUNCHER that and its named after a greek city and has overall balanced ips sounds great and can interrupt its reload animation to shoot due to it being segmented and i have a huge bias for shot guns and explosives and this hits my soul so much i cant help but giggle in glee every now and then when i use it 

Edited by seprent

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

You are right, there are a lot of weapons that do get over looked but will get the job done, for most average content.

3 hours ago, angias said:

Primary Weapons, the Strun Wraith - status build, and Soma Prime - standard crit build is still good.

Secondary Weapons, Despair - status build, Twin Grakatas - mix build for crit and Status (bring Carrier so you are able to get Ammo, these eat ammo like crazy)

Melee Weapons, Twin Basolk - status Build, Dual Zoren - crit build, Galatine prime - max attack speed build is fun, Hate - status or crit, with attack speed, Synoid Heliocor - status build with speed.

Melee is an type that has lots of fun weapons, otherwise the other two just do not stand out.

I can just recommend buying/building anything you can get your hands on. In the end, you'd need all for MR27 (as of now) anyways. 😛
On the other side, when you try them out you can judge for yourself of whats fun and whats just MR food to you.
Theres nothing you can do wrong, unless you think its wrong. Warframe is a game where you can do what you want to do with your weapons, frames & archwings. 🙂

Thanks to the Amalgam Mod it is possible to run a build that justifies having the Daikyu.

Daikyu allows you to sack your primary slot with a low-to-mid tier weapon but come out with a serious bonus towards a focus on melee.

Nikana Prime and Skiajiati are significantly more powerful with free lifesteal from the Daikyu. Especially Skiajiati, as it'll have lifesteal AND its passive ability.

What was once mastery fodder is now a segment of a build type.