Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit taker- why even bother?

viaxon6

Recently i've finally unlocked Profit taker orb fight(s) (ever since fortuna i didn't play WF that much and finally forced myself to farm solaris standing for, like, 2 weeks) and i'm.. Well, to put it lightly, disappointed.

Not only this heist is much, MUCH simpler than Eidolons/Tridolons, both in terms of mechanics of a battle and the difficulty itself, but also it feels like stage 1, like Teralyst felt like a weak warm up before some bigger threat. You don't even need any specific set-up, like you need for eidolons. Party can consist of 4 Inaroses and you will be fine. It's just a brainded dps check.

Profit Taker Orb is incredibly easy and yields basically no rewards. There are some things for the standing and... that's it? I expected at least some new kitguns from Vox Solaris, SOMETHING that would be a grand reward for farming 2 syndicates.

At this moment Exploiter is just a better form of spending my free time- it gives ludicrous amounts of resources. Profit Taker... after fighting it maybe couple of times, i really lost interest in this 'boss' fight. I guess the only reason to fight Profit Taker is to farm toroids, that can be exchanged for Vox standing, right? And Vox offers new arcanes... that are, compared to those dropped by eidolons, kinda bad...

Correct me if i'm wrong and not seeing something. Or maybe DE is working on Profit 2.0?

Profit Taker basically exists as a permanent source of large Toroids (since technically you can't always play Profit Taker), a competitive alternative to Index for Credit grinding, and some new Archgun Mods.

Exploiter does offer Resources, and a larger Toroid, but it's not something you could play infinitely technically and it doesn't offer any Credits nor Archgun Mods.

besides, if you think Profit Taker is boring, what must that say about Exploiter? because gear means literally nothing for Exploiter, it's just waiting for Timers.

• Like 3

We still have 1 more Orb Mother that is not accessible to us yet. Hopefully, that will be somewhat of an actual challenging fight. 

However, I am skeptical. Imo, DE has shown a preference towards accessibility rather than difficulty in a few things, so take that as you will.

If I wanted to be cynical, I would say that there isn't any priority for endgame, but who knows. There'll always be complaints anyway. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca

The Exploiter's resource drop table is exclusive to Fortuna related items. The Profit Taker gives a comparable amount of Credits to the Index on top of Toroids and such. 

Orb Vallis does lack depth but there interesting efficiency routes you can take for these bosses.

As for Arcanes from Vox, I highly suggest you take a look at a few of the offerings. Most of the Arcanes are not too great (Magus Drive is a good example), but do not underestimate Magus Melt, Magus Anomaly, Magus Lockdown, Magus Repair, and even Virtuous Trojan (I actually used this in Disruption).

Edited by Voltage

Yeah. Syndicates are incredibly unrewarding. One of the worst designed content systems in the game. 

People are burnt out on mindlessly grinding favor with inconsequential npc factions. Every mmo from the last decade+ has really kind of killed this lazy form of delivery/gating for me. 

Disappointing that DE is so insistent on clinging to such a tired system.

I havnt seen profit taker because I refuse to grind anymore rep. I finally finished the POE syndicate and got nothing in return. So I won't be falling for that again.

You say it's simple and braindead yet people complained about the 'difficulty" until the fight got nerfed. DE is just making content for its audience apparently.

As far as why someone should continue run it: it's a better (solo viable) credit farm than Index and is a better solo/non-organized farm for Vox standing than Exploiter is.

Eh, I enjoyed Profit Taker. Only problem for me is when I got everything I needed from Duck, I didnt have a reason to go back to the fight. I think DE hit it out of the park with Eidolons and arcanes. You always have a reason to go back...even if that reason is just to farm arcanes for plat. Buuut, I don't do Eidolons much these days because the Operator mechanic bores me. I hope we go back to encounters like that in New War, but perhaps without the reliance on the Operator.

Edited by Ikyr0

vor 1 Stunde schrieb trst:

You say it's simple and braindead yet people complained about the 'difficulty" until the fight got nerfed. DE is just making content for its audience apparently.

As far as why someone should continue run it: it's a better (solo viable) credit farm than Index and is a better solo/non-organized farm for Vox standing than Exploiter is.

Better then index? I do with revenant in 1 hour 20-25 rounds each 250.000 solo. Havent seen anything come close to that.

https://imgur.com/awHXTIT

2 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

We still have 1 more Orb Mother that is not accessible to us yet. Hopefully, that will be somewhat of an actual challenging fight. 

However, I am skeptical. Imo, DE has shown a preference towards accessibility rather than difficulty in a few things, so take that as you will.

If I wanted to be cynical, I would say that there isn't any priority for endgame, but who knows. There'll always be complaints anyway. 

My issue with Orb mother is that the combat feels nothing like Warframe.

Pull the gated slot machine handle  and see what damage type comes up,,,

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

My issue with Orb mother is that the combat feels nothing like Warframe.

Pull the gated slot machine handle  and see what damage type comes up,,,

Thankfully you can reset that with void damage. Just cycle till you get something you have, which is not too bad all in. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

Better then index? I do with revenant in 1 hour 20-25 rounds each 250.000 solo. Havent seen anything come close to that.

Don't know if that's with or without a booster but with one booster and Effigy Profit Taker is 500k a run, 1m if you have a booster, Effigy, and Thermia Fractures. Making it faster if you can do PT in about 6~ minutes a run.

But still, I stand corrected, at least without boosters Index is faster.

Edited by trst

Profit Taker is a way better encounter than Exploiter Orb (Hit X - do nothing - go grab something to drink as nothing is even remotely dangerous in this encounter - Hit X again).

The lack of drops is disappointing but hey, nothing is eternal anyway. I know that if one day I need Credits I'll go there as I despise the Index, plus you can still get a few Polymers/mods and other things.

meh. personally I like both, but I prefer exploiter. main reason being that Exploiter is way more stable for me: Profit Taker is still riddled with bugs, including ones that prevent your Archguns from appearing, and an insane amount of lockdown from enemies. i'll admit that maybe my loadouts are not as optimised as they should be for fighting Profit Taker, but still, there's nothing for me to gain much at this point from PT compared to Exploiter, which gives a much better Toroid and a slew of Fortuna resources.

I would simply like Profit taker to be properly fixed and not rely on having a billion minions to be "difficult". maybe then I'll be more likely to leave Exploiter alone.

My biggest issue is that this requires an arch-gun with a reactor installed. Some people might think this is fine. However, I have no interest in putting a reactor into a weapon that is likely to see very little use, just so that I can do a fight that requires it, just so that I can get lackluster rewards. It's a lot of work and resources for a fight that doesn't justify the investment, in my opinion.

It's like this was designed specifically to get people to burn reactors on weapons that aren't really all that fancy(unfortunately). If I don't use this gravimag on a gun I don't want to upgrade, I don't get to do a fight without anything really Origin System-shattering as a reward. I'm devastated.

This entire arch-gun mechanic is just a stand-in for the operator in the Eidolon fights, too. Slightly different but still restrictive.

If you enjoy it, my hat is off to you. Maybe this will be more justified once Railjack hits. I hope so. We'll see.

10 hours ago, viaxon6 said:

At this moment Exploiter is just a better form of spending my free time- it gives ludicrous amounts of resources. Profit Taker... after fighting it maybe couple of times, i really lost interest in this 'boss' fight. I guess the only reason to fight Profit Taker is to farm toroids, that can be exchanged for Vox standing, right? And Vox offers new arcanes... that are, compared to those dropped by eidolons, kinda bad...

Eh, are you complaining about easy stuff? And yes, Exploiter and Profit Taker are basically Toroid Farms for Vox Standing. What did you expect? You kill them, they drop some Toroids and Resources. Done.

Also, the Vox Arcanes are for the Operator and Amp, the ones the Eidolons drop are for the Warframe. You don't compare them when they don't even go into the same slot.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Midcall said:

What you say and what you show on screenshot doesn't sound right. Screen shows playtime 1+ hour, reward 250k But thats not the clean profit isn't it? just a total amount of win plus your included money you put up at the beginning.

But that 250k per hour doesn't feel right, let me know if Im wrong in any ways.

1 hour ago, 40PE said:

What you say and what you show on screenshot doesn't sound right. Screen shows playtime 1+ hour, reward 250k But thats not the clean profit isn't it? just a total amount of win plus your included money you put up at the beginning.

But that 250k per hour doesn't feel right, let me know if Im wrong in any ways.

According to the screenshot he got 250k 22 times, which does match up with " 20-25 rounds each 250.000"