The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

remove self damage from zhuge prime

GABRIEL0296

27 minutes ago, GABRIEL0296 said:

so you have no way to predict the explosion time correctly...

Completely forgot, the explosion delay is RNG. Could be 1 second, could be 5.

What's that? The delay is the same every time? Well then of course you can predict when it'll explode. If I shoot an arrow with a 1 sec delay on the explosion, it's pretty easy to predict it'll explode a second later.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Completely forgot, the explosion delay is RNG. Could be 1 second, could be 5.

What's that? The delay is the same every time? Well then of course you can predict when it'll explode. If I shoot an arrow with a 1 sec delay on the explosion, it's pretty easy to predict it'll explode a second later.

What is this witchcraft?!

Edited by LarryYourWaiter

17 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

What is this witchcraft?!

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

3000 IQ mate.

no i think it be proper use of explosives i dont even have it and it sounds like each bolt is a demolition team that been given differently fused explosives to use 

and from other people using it it either from what i seen blows up right away or up to 5 like monkey said if the timer was based on your proximity to the bomb id be ok with it 

closer 5 seconds to get away farther then x meters just blow up 

So how does this weapon interact with the Wukong Clone and Equinox Duality specter?  Because getting autokilled by your own weapon when your helper clone shoots something in the back just as you melee it is... not ideal.

Why the explosion in the first place? You expect a primed crossbow from Zhuge not a primed grenade launcher. Zhuge is still above average automatic weapon even if they outright delete the explosion. It's unnecessary.

To make things worse they make it a timed grenade. Tonkor stayed a complete trash over a year for this coz asking players to wait for every dam explosion is too much to ask in a hack and slash game. Make it working like current Tonkor or it would never have the usage it deserves.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Just move explosion over to alt mode and make the orignial mode same as normal zhuge and silent. Everybody happy that way. The grenade launcher random idea gets to stay and so does the real zhuge prime that we were waiting for.

4 hours ago, trst said:

I'd rather they never remove self-damage.

The amount of times people have complained about it is too entertaining to give up.

To be fair, DE keeps changing the rules. Back in my day we used to lay Penta charges, activate Nyx's Absorb, and then detonate the charges to boost Absorb's damage. We also used Trinity's Link and any explosive weapon for years without issue. It wasn't until Sancti Castanasa allowed the chaining effect that Link became a problem. But instead of fixing the weapon causing the problem, DE changed the self-damage mechanic.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

To be fair, DE keeps changing the rules. Back in my day we used to lay Penta charges, activate Nyx's Absorb, and then detonate the charges to boost Absorb's damage. We also used Trinity's Link and any explosive weapon for years without issue. It wasn't until Sancti Castanasa allowed the chaining effect that Link became a problem. But instead of fixing the weapon causing the problem, DE changed the self-damage mechanic.

Except people began exploiting the mechanic to turn Trinity into the single best nuke frame in the game. She also was able to do so at zero cost where Nyx at least drains more energy the more damage she absorbed.

It doesn't matter how long any rules are in place; the moment they begin causing problems they need to be changed. Especially when the issue is a single outlier, being Trinity, and not a mechanic as a whole.

I'd rather they add self damage to more of the weapons they missed out on, no idea why things like the staticor don't have self damage, or why they removed it from the cyanex, things need trade offs for a reason. We gave nukes a freedom from trade offs pass and essentially all of the support category paid the price for it. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

I don't have this weapon yet but I think it should be just a simple arrow without the explosion. When you are using a bow you expect a silent weapon not a Rambo bow.  

as alternate fire mode I haven't any problem with it but  the main fire mode should not be a launcher.   

Just my humble opinion.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

I don't have this weapon yet but I think it should be just a simple arrow without the explosion. When you are using a bow you expect a silent weapon not a Rambo bow.  

as alternate fire mode I haven't any problem with it but  the main fire mode should not be a launcher.   

Just my humble opinion.

Yeah I'd be totally fine if it was the Alt Fire

• Like 1