Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare aura?

1 hour ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

I would really like more "nightmare" things, being them mods/arcanes/what else, they really make for interesting builds

Or even a corrupted aura, like -enemy armor/-team shield, but this can probably get too close to griefing

Hard pass on that one, closest you're going to get/see would be Power Donation where the negative effect is lumped on the person running the Aura and the team gets the Benefit. Because a player should never be outright punished for the choices of one of their squad mates. 

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

an aura that reduces armor and shield

yeees please 

also maybe aura that add +range to team mates but -range to me .. many wf that doesn't need range can use that to help others like trinity/mesa ....oberon/saryn mains will love that 

• Like 1

I'd love to see more Aura mods like Power Donation, since they can encourage really cool team compositions. So things like -Range for individual but +Range for team, etc. -Efficiency for individual but +Efficiency for team would be amazing.

Another cool one could be something like, Minus accuracy from individual Primaries to Plus range on Team Melee. Going down that train of thought, things like negative reload on secondary, plus reload speed on primary could also be really interesting.

It could be neat to have an aura mod that causes the individual player to take more damage from Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Corrupted but resists damage from Sentient. Since it's such a harsh negative, it could even be an aura that would be +12 (24 if polarity matches).

Set Auras would also be really cool (an additional bonus if everyone on the team is running 1 of the 4 of a set).

12 minutes ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

yeees please 

also maybe aura that add +range to team mates but -range to me .. many wf that doesn't need range can use that to help others like trinity/mesa ....oberon/saryn mains will love that 

+ Range can kinda screw over Nova. Well + ability strength can as well, so I guess it just comes with the territory. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)blackbeltdude7 said:

I'd love to see more Aura mods like Power Donation, since they can encourage really cool team compositions. So things like -Range for individual but +Range for team, etc. -Efficiency for individual but +Efficiency for team would be amazing.

str and range is kinda ok .. but no one will use - eff .. maybe just chroma .. also yes we have some wfs that dont need duration but those are few 

i like -accuracy idea ... and sync between secondary and primary reload sounds fun too 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)blackbeltdude7 said:

It could be neat to have an aura mod that causes the individual player to take more damage from Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Corrupted but resists damage from Sentient. Since it's such a harsh negative, it could even be an aura that would be +12 (24 if polarity matches).

Hmmmm, you have my attention now. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Wondering what other ideas people have!

An entire process of empowering auras (and stances while you're at it) through some tricky and/or costly challenge, of course!

Because just getting buffed aura versions is kinda... Meh.Better if we have to work for it.

If we had an option, to, say, complete a number of challenges to upgrade an existing aura/stance mod in unique ways, that would be more interesting. 

Infested Impedance? Complete a solo survival with level 30 or higher Infested enemies AND all four Dragon Keys equipped? Cool, it's now upgraded to Infested Nemesis and increases damage taken by affected Infested by 10% (okay, that may be OP, how about 6%?) on top of its normal effect.

Any stance mod? Kill a set number of enemies with Toxin DoT (and only DoT, so weapon strikes themselves don't count)? Your stance mod now adds 25% Toxin damage to any attacks made with weapons that can use that stance, regardless of what other elements are present on it (does not combine). 

That would of course, take quite some work to design the challenges for all auras/stances, but it would spice em up quite a bit, IMO. 

Ok, I've had a few ideas about Nightmare aura's that are based on sacrificing one warframe base stats to gain a boost in something else. All with a faction style flavour. 

Pro's would be a better bonus to an individual warframe at the expense of the team, therefore also adding to the corrupted theme.  

Just a few flavours of the idea below with 1 stat decrease and 1 benefit: 

Dax Training: On self: Warframe armour reduced by 30% when a primary or secondary weapon is equipped. But Warframe armour is increased by 30% when melee weapon is equipped.

Orokin Corruption: On self: Warframe max health reduced by 30% but you now gain 30% more max Warframe energy

Corpus Insight: On self: Warframe max shields reduced by 50% but when shields are depleted to zero grant the warframe 3 seconds of invulnerability and removes all status procs when invulnerability ends. 

Grineer Fury: On self: Warframe energy reduced by 30% but weapon/melee attack speed increased by 15%

A few double stat decrease with double stat benefits: 

Sentient Adaption: On self: Warframe energy and armour reduced by 25% but gain 25% power strength and 25% power duration. 

Infested Mutation: On self: Warframe health and armour reduced by 25%, but melee attacks gain lifesteal for 10 health on critical hit or status proc.  

Ostron Resilience: On self: Warframe shield and health reduced by 25% but gain 25% power efficiency and 25% power range

Solaris Genius: On self: Warframe shield and armour reduced by 25% but weapons gain a 25% chance of randomly inflicting an additional puncture, impact or slash proc when an elemental proc is triggered. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's kind of been floated around before, super neat idea. Wondering what other ideas people have!

Since this is a thread about auras I have one wee request/question.

Is there ever a possibility to give Power Donation a small QoL change? What I'd like to see is a safeguard on it so the frame that has it equipped can never be effected by positive power strength from any source. It would really complete the aura and make it far more userfriendly for frames like Nova. This would very much help "neutral" Nova, the kind that runs Molecular Prime at 0% movement buff/debuff since she'd no longer be a massive slowdown to the group if others use growing power, power donation or maybe plays Equinox.

As for ideas for other auras. A straight up ammo mutation aura, obviously with lower yield than a normal mutator or carrier. Reload speed aura, projectile speed aura and crit chance aura(s) would also be nice to see. It would also be nice to see a buff to rejuvenation to make it worthwhile.

+lifesteal +energy regen/on health loss

+team energy share(everyone receives X of others energy regen/gained from drops) +casting speed

+armor share  (share % of your armor and vice versa, would help low armor frames (15 armor) regardless if they share or not) + health/sec regen

-efficiency self +efficiency team

+aggro on self -aggro on teammates

EDIT: Quick plug on a previous request to seperate arcane helmet effects from the helmets to allow our fashion more flexibility, I'm sitting on many I'd like to use but don't for fashion and some I begrudginly use even then...

Edited by Czin

What about An Umbral Aura mod?

Umbring (making Umbral) a regular mod? like enhancing the Umbral Aura  if stacked greatly with stacking different player in squad unlike others.

Regular aura mod i.e=
corrosive projection 
A +30% B +30% C +30% D +30%  totally = 120%

BUT 

Umbral Corrosive  i.e 
40 per 1 
70 per 2
100 per 3
150 per 4 
that would be much great. 
And I hope You add a exilus Forma like Aura for Exilus mod slot, it helps us for modding the umbral aura forma + Sentient Damage resistance.

Some random ideas:

Energy Well (aura)

- own shield, + 0.6 Team energy regen per level, + Rage effect 30% (5 rank)

Void Charger (mod)

+ 2.4 energy regen for self every second, reduce energy loss (from magnetic/drain) by 90% (5 rank)

Concentrated consumption (corrupted mod)

- range 36%, + 60% Eff (since range scales by square), 5 rank

Accelerated Diffusion (corrupted mod)

+ Range 99%, - Dur 66% (10 rank)

Illusory Bullets (corrupted mod, rifle)

- Damage 66%, + Multishot 220% (10 rank)

Overcharger (corrupted mod, secondary)

- fire rate 36%, + Status Chance 120% (5 rank)

Just thinking that despite all these new ideas, some mods that are already around, such as Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation, Creeping Bullseye, Critical Delay etc can afford to have buffs to make them more than trophy mods...

7 hours ago, 844448 said:

A bit of a thought slipped through my mind again (I need help to stop this), how about an aura mod from nightmare mission? The first mod came in my mind from Sanctuary Onslaught at 3 am was an aura that reduces armor and shield in one package and a teammate named it corrosive disruption

What do you think?

Amalgam Auras could also work for these ideas, as they feature two dual traits from preexisting mods as Nightmare mods do. Some amalgam mods might also display more than two traits, like we see for the Argonak. They also offer better diversity in mixing preexisting mod stats from unrelated stat types (e.g. Ammo Capacity + Enemy Radar).

7 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Sort of in the same vein, combos I've always thought would be fun are (effects toned down for balance ofc)

A hybrid aura between energy siphon and rejuvenation. Sometimes people need to regain health, sometimes energy, sometimes both .

A hybrid between power donation and growing power, negative power strength while buffing teammates, but proc a status and get compensated for the power donation effect. 

A hybrid between steel charge and sprint boost, so an actual steel charge 

Amalgams for these mixed Auras could work for implementation, like "Amalgam Vitalizing Siphon", "Amalgam Augmentation" or "Amalgam Iron Rush" respectively. Their stats can even run parallel or even stronger than their standalone counterparts, alongside a third one! Even so, Nightmare or Amalgam, I do agree that auras like these could be a fun addition! Brilliant ideas, right DE?

Edited by (NSW)Glaive-012

Hmm nightmare and corrupted auras, 

Assuming for sake of balance they will be less effective for individual stats compared to their non nightmare versions but more effective if it's corrupted. 

Eg:

Nightmare:

corrosive charge : 20% enemy armor reduction, 20% extra melee damage 

Rejuvenating energy: 0.2 energy and 2 health regen. 

Emp shield : reduce enemy shields 20%, reduce enemy accuracy 10%. 

Corrupt:

Vampiric physique : 5% health regen on kill, max health reduced by 10%

Vengeful eye: increase sniper damage 80%, reduce self ammo recovery for snipers by 25%. 

Burdened impedance : reduced enemy speed by 30%, reduced self sprint speed by 10%.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Glaive-012 said:

Amalgams for these mixed Auras could work for implementation, like "Amalgam Vitalizing Siphon", "Amalgam Augmentation" or "Amalgam Iron Rush" respectively. Their stats can even run parallel or even stronger than their standalone counterparts, alongside a third one! Even so, Nightmare or Amalgam, I do agree that auras like these could be a fun addition! Brilliant ideas, right DE?

Amalgam Energy Siphon:

+ 0.2 energy regen/rank (1.2 max)

+ 5% more energy from orb/rank (30% max)

+ 16% resistance to energy drain/rank (100!% max)

Make it happen man!!!

11 hours ago, Zelmen said:

Can we get a special mod slot for Peculiar Bloom. Want to use it more but hard to do hard content when down a mod.

latest?cb=20180423230829

Assuming that Peculiar Mods haven't gone the way of the dodo. Ephemera feels like a full-on replacement for Peculiars

Seriously, we really need more aura mods, aura mods with negative / corrupted aspects would be a good change, it could bring "a breath of something new" to the Warframe. For example -X% maximum hp on self, +Y% additional damage or +Z% damage reduction. We still don't have any aura mods that give fire rate for our weapons or attack speed. And as alternative to "Sprint Boost" I would suggest an aura mod that gives -15% Friction and +15% Slide. Also, what about Growing Power but for range, duration or efficiency ? (On ability cast gain +10% Duration or Range or Efficiency for 6s. Stacks up to 5 times. Stats are up to debate.)

I want to also mention a different (but no less important) problem related to aura mods. Almost every warframe in this game has a polarization on his / her aura slot and it raises a problem of builds diversity, like: "Oh, I like this aura mod and I want to install it on my favorite warframe... but oh no, my favorite warframe's aura polarization does not support this aura and I can't afford it, do I really have to use forma each time I want to change aura mod or waste Aura Forma on every warframe ?" There is no such a problem with "normal" mods because we have 8 different slots to install them on (in the contrast of only one aura slot). Can't we have a universal polarization on aura slot ? Or maybe, wouldn't it be nice if we could just change without any restriction polarization on aura slot if we unlocked a different polarization on aura slot with forma... a.k.a. "unlock system", you had it or you have it now ? Then you can switch between unlocked polarities freely ! :)

@[DE]Rebecca

Edited by Orfeusz

Il y a 11 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

If the Corrupted effect was only 'on self' it would be doable!

Well actually ... There is already one "corrupted" aura in the game, it's called Power Donation.

The user lose something and other gain something, more aura like that could be very cool.

How about one that just disable aura effects and buffs (on self) from other players? That way you don't have to get grumpy at randoms using Limbo (rift), Volt (speed), Wisp (shock reservoirs), healing frames (if playing Garuda or Chroma), or whatever. The tradeoff is you lose any good buffs but potentially gain more efficiency with some frames specific abilities and overall a better mood with randoms. 

Let's call this Aura "Personal Space" or "No thx" 😄

12 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

It's kind of been floated around before, super neat idea. Wondering what other ideas people have!

A little addition : Just because a bit if a thought slipped through my mind, doesn't mean I didn't think about the consequence.

This thought instantly raises my concern, how many hypocrites that will complain about "there's no challenge" but insist the aura is mandatory? I'm really concerned

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj05aDKLfDAG4CMA1LePw

13 hours ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

Its called a Decaying Key! 😁

(but in seriousness this would be really nice, I want this on Nezha, actually run a decaying key on him to allow for constant Rage without having pesky shields get in the way, would be great to get an actual benefit to and us a mod instead XD)

Rage isn't really needed for nezha in my opinion, combination of divine spear and blazing chakram with reaping chakram augment give you flood of energy and health