Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Farming

(PSN)dtdionne

Is anyone else unsatisfied with Kuva rates?

Just finished 2 exterminates, each took over 8 min to complete, of which we’ll over half that time was waiting for enemies to spawn.  And the reward was 600’ish Kuva...not even 1/5th the amount to reroll a riven 1 time.  Making the cost for a single reroll ~45min.*

I love rerolling Rivens, but damn...this is painful.

Even with a booster cutting that in half doesn’t feel anywhere reasonable.

I wish there were better ways.  I love this game, but Kuva farming feels hopeless.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

K

And this is generally how these threads go.

1) Create an overposted thread, usually in the wrong subforum. 
2) Be dismissive.
3) Thread fails whatever purpose it was intended for, save the obtaining of forum rep. 
4) OP fails to appear/comment in thread after not finding the responses wanted. 
5) Optionally complain that the forums are full of toxic white knights, and subsequently announce departure from Warframe permanently in loud and dramatic fashion. 

So, to cut a pointless chase short, /end thread?

• Like 4

We're not intended to roll rivens like madmen for that perfect roll, we're supposed to settle for "good enough."  The slow accumulation or rather, eventual large quantity needed to roll is meant to discourage rampant re-rolling in pursuit of those weapon breaking god rolls.  Basically, One forfeits the right to complain if they've rolled that many times and weren't happy with any of the results.

3 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

We're not intended to roll rivens like madmen for that perfect roll, we're supposed to settle for "good enough."  The slow accumulation or rather, eventual large quantity needed to roll is meant to discourage rampant re-rolling in pursuit of those weapon breaking god rolls.  Basically, One forfeits the right to complain if they've rolled that many times and weren't happy with any of the results.

Pretty much this. "Perfect" rolls are supposed to be exciting outliers and not the norm. If they say, doubled the amount of rerolls you could earn in an hour it would amount to buffing rivens across the board. Which I personally wouldn't mind as much as some people if there was really a point for that.

Most enemies are squishy enough as it is.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)dtdionne:

Just finished 2 exterminates, each took over 8 min to complete, of which we’ll over half that time was waiting for enemies to spawn.  And the reward was 600’ish Kuva...not even 1/5th the amount to reroll a riven 1 time.  Making the cost for a single reroll ~45min.*

I wish there were better ways.  I love this game, but Kuva farming feels hopeless.

buy em in the NW shop - thats what i do

23 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

I love rivens and make acquiring and rolling them a big part of my Warframe experience. 

Personally I wish more people took your stance; I'm happy with a roll that is worth using in the slot. I've opened a few good ones off the bat and rolled some OP / grolls and Damn they are special to me, due to the rarity and due to the grind. I don't want it made easy.

I... ...wouldn't get too into it. Rivens is a path to pain and madness. Just open up your Trade Chat and you'll see what I mean.

If you happen to come by some Kuva, say in Nightwave or Sorties, then go ahead and give your favourite Rivens a few rolls. But I wouldn't spend even a second of my free time in Kuva Survival. Rather do something else.

I mean, I just recently got a perfect roll on my Astilla Riven, but it took me 97 tries. I'm fine because I took the approach above over the course of months, but would it really be worth grinding roughly 300,000 Kuva for? I'd say no. Not even close. I'd say it's madness to even try.

Edited by KnossosTNC

and this is why y'all need to get your Nightwave done so you can get emissary Creds: you only get them at certain ranks, but right now Nora is Selling 10k Kuva for 50 creds again. it's a LOT nicer than doing Taveuni or Siphons.

it would be nice if DE made Kuva more easily acquireable, what with it basically having a Resource Sink already, but this is a battle we have been fighting for a long, long time now; most people are getting weary of it and will just accept whatever dregs of Kuva DE will let us have, because lord knows we're never getting Scaling Kuva rewards on Taveuni.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

and this is why y'all need to get your Nightwave done so you can get emissary Creds: you only get them at certain ranks, but right now Nora is Selling 10k Kuva for 50 creds again. it's a LOT nicer than doing Taveuni or Siphons.

it would be nice if DE made Kuva more easily acquireable, what with it basically having a Resource Sink already, but this is a battle we have been fighting for a long, long time now; most people are getting weary of it and will just accept whatever dregs of Kuva DE will let us have, because lord knows we're never getting Scaling Kuva rewards on Taveuni.

u know how much kuva u can get per day doing only floods?
and how much time it takes to get creeds to buy kuva for them?

even so it may look i want answer from u since i put question marks and quoted u but believe me rhetorical questions dont need answers

Kuva farming...

...is not worth it.  End of story.  If you could get it as a drop from enemies in some quantity/nekros desecrate it, the reroll cost was looked at, or you could lock in stats, then it would be worth it.  Otherwise, you're going for a minor improvement on a weapon at best if you are simply getting a mediocre roll on a riven like, say, cc, -recoil, and no neg as a roll like that is kind of easy to get, but if you're going for optimized rolls?  Spend thousands of plat on the perfect roll or farm kuva for weeks on end only to end up with a still less then optimal roll.  

I used to go out my way to farm kuva but now I just do the daily sortie, sometimes getting kuva, do bounties to Get the odd bit and only reroll when I've accumulated about 15,000. It's just too much a grind and when it feels like that I find it's best to move on and do something else.  Would like to see kuva as a reward on a wave of arbitration mind you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sleepychewbacca said:

And this is generally how these threads go.

1) Create an overposted thread, usually in the wrong subforum. 
2) Be dismissive.
3) Thread fails whatever purpose it was intended for, save the obtaining of forum rep. 
4) OP fails to appear/comment in thread after not finding the responses wanted. 
5) Optionally complain that the forums are full of toxic white knights, and subsequently announce departure from Warframe permanently in loud and dramatic fashion. 

So, to cut a pointless chase short, /end thread?

So true. But isn't this how most complain thread ever created goes?

16 hours ago, (PS4)dtdionne said:

Yeah, after I saw the reward of Kuva the first few times, I just didn't really bother with it.
It's only required for the silly Rivens, so basicly I just ain't bothered with Rivens, as a crapton of Kuva is required depending on RNG luck.

Rivens to my experience are overkill anyway. The only place where they feel needed, is when doing 100+ enemies, as regular mods do anything below level 100 just fine. And to be fair, no content at level 100+ is worth doing anyway. Any never ending missions are just faster to finish and then start a new after reaching too high a marker.

Besides that, some less powerful or non meta weapons become rather great with a Riven, but given a Riven is required for them to shine, it's just not worth spending the time wrecking Kuva drones to go through countless RNG attempts -_-

/edit
It could really be great if Riven stats had a partial reroll ability, like Warhammer 40k Martyr.

Roll a Riven. Get 4 stats. 2 stats appear useless to you and then you have the ability to just reroll a singular stat to keep the 2 other good stats.

Edited by Frennick

That 20k reward from NW should be more common.

Sortie kuva reward should be 10k

Kuva mission rewards should be 1.5-2x of what we are getting now.

Kuva syphon per life support should be doubled in survival.

That's gonna make it more balanced.

Edited by White_Matter

vor 23 Stunden schrieb (PS4)dtdionne:

DE knows the current kuva farm rate is S#&$. They have a big financial interest in keeping it that way. Just something we will have to accept unfortunately.

On 2019-08-14 at 9:02 PM, Zelmen said:

Oh look another kuva post... we all hate it if that's the discussion you going to try to start. You can find lots of posts if you did a search.

Oh look another useless fanboy saying game is fine. You forgot vaseline and your usual use recruitment chat. Blah blah blah lol muahahahahaahaha

On 2019-08-14 at 8:58 PM, (PS4)dtdionne said:

I wish there were better ways to farm kuva yes. Many PS4 players agree to this statement. Anyone saying otherwise is either troll or blind fanboy trying to buttque the deep without the vaseline. Amen

But please, why the ability to buy kuva with emissary nonsense was not announced grand scheme? Customer service go last place because we run this place ha?

Edited by (PS4)Shustas
sick of this