Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we PLEASE do something about plant scan requirements for Silver Grove?

OwlOfJune

just let Helios scan stuff it's already scanned. let it be a tog gable option when equipped on missions. 

No one's gonna care thery have to buy cheap scanners or have hundreds of frost flowers if they play Pluto more then 12 times. 

Edited by Fire2box

Hotkey scanner to ½ key. Given it's so close to your WSAD, it's extremely easy to pull out and switch back to gun. The gearwheel is only for console peasants.

As for the plants, this I only see as an issue for new players, and even then it's only for new players who don't give a rats arse about anything. When I joined Warframe, I scanned the flowers all the time because they showed up as "gaining" something, despite I didn't know what they were for. When I found out during Titania, it was a breeze to do the quest.

During your random missions ending up on Earth, just stop up whenever you see one of the flowers and scan it and move on. This way you won't have to grit your teeth every time you require them. Added with Simaris scanner upgrade it gets better and at times when you get a daily resource booster, it's even more rewarding stopping up at flowers with the chance of getting 4 per scan.

That said it would be nice if Oxylus had the option of constantly grabbing flowers/seeds even with a full Codex.

While there are ways to improve the scaning (like helios being able to do so), i should remind players that you can Keybind th scaning tool, making it far easier to pull out, i also remind players that several exits in the missions have a few plants around, meaning you only need 4 seconds at extraction to do do a quick scan.

Rush less and actally make the scans while you do missions, especially at extraction if possible, this should cut down on the scaning ammount by alot, remember that this nightwave challenge appears what, once per month and a half? you have plenty of missions to do the scans.

Willing to do them is another story. It's not clunky, they are not hidden, the grind isn't that high. You just have to do them.

Edited by KIREEK

20 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

They are not *hard* to do but just is very *clunky* to do as quick melee has disappeared. You have to stop, bring out quick wheel, select scanner, click scanning for a couple sec while hoping nothing will do knockdown on you.

Edit : Some suggest Helios or Oxylus should just keep scan that, and I personally think that is a tad too far of being 'just do it for us', I think getting plants should have most basic interactivity, like getting other resources.

What? You cant bind a hotkey to gear number ##, with "##" is the scanner? So that you dont have to open wheel again and access the scanner in 1 button press?? 

The suggestion is neat, but not for the right reasons. 

21 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Fixing the scanner so it doesn't unequip every time you use melee etc would also be an option.

Although personally I'd like helios (or even oxylus) to scan the plants automatically... kind of removes the point of a scanning or 'conservation' sentinel not scanning the plants after the codex is full.

Agreed on both points. Perhaps let Oxylus scan the plants only if the codex entry is beyond a certain number for that plant, so that it's not a 'play the game for you' scenario. 

Because, I think that can we all agree that scanning for the plants isn't difficult, just cumbersome because of the melee unequipping the scanner. 

I've been making sure to scan a few whenever I have done the tile sets, and managed to stockpile quite a number of apothics, but even for me in a Rhino with a strong stomp, it was annoying to not be able to just clear the room with my melee weapons, and get the scans at my leisure. 

On 2019-09-09 at 9:56 AM, VentiGlondi said:

Imagine getting this out of a post that complains about scanner unequipping itself, and that 4 hour day/night cycle is a bit too long of a wait.

The thing is that players have put in bug reports for the scanner thing (I kno I did) as sometimes it unequips and sometimes it stays after melee swing (seems to stay on Stealth Finishers more than regular slicechop times). If it's a bug, may it get fixed. If that is how DE wants it, we have to adjust to it and keep complaining as it makes it possible to break stealth with an accidental shot fired instead of scan.

As for the time change...

It is from an event that I did not get to run but does show that there can be time phases and other changes added to the game tiles. More tiles should have day/night as well as warm/cold. Would be nice to have sandstorms (hit it DJ) and other types of differences besides invasions. Give us innocent levels where the object is to get in without hurting or being seen by the restocking/cleaning/repair crews. They started this with the Grinny guys that leave you alone til you start killing around them. Would give a reason that our Void Demons balance gauge to move somewhat.

Yeah, I got not wanting to scan or allowing Helios to do more scanning for the player more than the others you pointed out as I know there was a reason for the time change. Got a vivid imagination and I see possibilities instead of road blocks.

🌞🌜🌿🍍

22 hours ago, beercritch said:

The problem we have with plant scans is the plants are fundamentally hidden. The only way to find them is to either stumble across them with blind luck - or more efficiently use the scanner to sweep the area to see where the plants are hidden.

if you just quickly "aim" the scanner and instantly unaim and repeat you see the plants "light up" and fade, just rapidly do this cycle and the plants stick out like a sore thumb, ooooooooooh the fun we had with the "The Cicero Crisis" event taking photo's...... *cry*

On 2019-09-09 at 8:58 AM, LSG501 said:

Fixing the scanner so it doesn't unequip every time you use melee etc would also be an option.

Although personally I'd like helios (or even oxylus) to scan the plants automatically... kind of removes the point of a scanning or 'conservation' sentinel not scanning the plants after the codex is full.

I think this is the most viable option, allow the scanner sentinels to keep scanning, Chesa kubrow was barely able to collect anything with the old Retrieve precept thanks their built-in ADHD.

The main QOL problem for this task is the day/night cycle; right now, the period is too long. DE should make the cycle sync up with POE. First, it will make more sense, how can time at one part of a planet is four times faster than the rest. Second, the change will make scanning those plants much easier for people who have limited playtime.

I don't think the scanner switching is that much of a problem. All plant is available on the low-level planet. Any T2-T3  ready frame can easily manage the incoming damage or nuke the room.  Lua is a bit different because of the little pest. If they show up, kill them, collect the core, and move on.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-09 at 9:56 AM, OwlOfJune said:

You have to stop, bring out quick wheel, select scanner, click scanning for a couple sec while hoping nothing will do knockdown on you.

You can keybind all wheel slots.

I have mine as Q so i switch to it like i switch with weapons with the press of a key.

Also, why arent you killing everything around the scanning area?

On 2019-09-09 at 6:03 PM, beercritch said:

The problem we have with plant scans is the plants are fundamentally hidden. The only way to find them is to either stumble across them with blind luck - or more efficiently use the scanner to sweep the area to see where the plants are hidden.

They always spawn in the same spots. Once you learn the spots there's no need for anything other than walking to the spots.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

On 2019-09-09 at 6:56 AM, OwlOfJune said:

Yeah this is because of NW having silver grove. I have done it but figured some other players would prefer if it 

Granted, this can be avoided with AOE attack being on or using invisibility, but a side tracking stuff like this shouldn’t be relied on such things. Also, usually others will just rush past you making you fall behind and that can be annoying for other squads members and you.

And also... Earth planet cycle is atrocious.

4 hour is needlessly long and it makes it too difficult for people with jobs or study hard to fit in to either day or night schedule unless in a day off.

Have you ever opened a riven? ? Lol you have to use certain frames and weapons compete some of them...

1. Scan items before event.

2. Use upgraded synthesis scanner. Often one scan will count as 2.

3. Use resource booster. You always get 2 scans for each single scan. With synthesis widget, 1 scan can count as 4.(I don't know if Kavat bonus works as well)

Day is a little over 1 hour long.  You can check online. Or you can log in, see the time left before night, set timer on the same device you use to be on forum.

Even if sentinel kept scanning , it would take a much longer time than manually.  You would have to walk very slow for it to find and scan and it would still scan plants or items you don't need. You would really still have to locate the plants you need because it doesn't scan through terrain or objects. You need line of sight. Lastly, sentinel won't give you bonus scans. You would need 2 to 4 scans from sentinel in place of 1 manual scan with upgraded synthesis scanner and booster.

Edited by (XB1)Phantom Clip

An augment for helios to scan auto and quick melee when scanner equipped.  Hekios scans the dame things when they are not "complete" why the hell cant he when it is.  

Otherwise, remove the codex from the game, it is to clucky now to use.

I skipped this because I don't feel like messing with it for even 1 and a public share.  

2 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

......almost like that's the entire reason why Helios exists, so he scans everything while we fight.

Helios is made to scan things while you fight to get info on your adversaries to know the weakness and fill your Codex. It is not made for us to scan Seph Sims targets or anything past the initial green.

If you still need something to do the scanning for you, use ATLAS Orge Gaze, Helicor hammers, or anything else that holds your hands while wanting the game to do every freaking task that involves using your own skills.

It's getting past lazy.....

On 2019-09-14 at 12:09 AM, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Helios is made to scan things while you fight to get info on your adversaries to know the weakness and fill your Codex. It is not made for us to scan Seph Sims targets or anything past the initial green.

If you still need something to do the scanning for you, use ATLAS Orge Gaze, Helicor hammers, or anything else that holds your hands while wanting the game to do every freaking task that involves using your own skills.

It's getting past lazy.....

You really need some help.

If Helios scans plantlife anyway, just have it constantly do it. That doesn't mean people are lazy, get over yourself.