The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Liches make sense, but what will the Corpus and Infested have?

Dr.Tursko

Kuva Liches will make sense because Kuva is said to have undying powers on the user/drinker. It makes sense for our personal guy to keep coming back. 

But for Corpus and Infested, how will it work?

Neither faction has Kuva, and Corpus would be too similar to Sentients/using amalgams AGAIN after the Jovian Concord and we showed Alad we wont tolerate it.

Wouldn't be too quick to put the Corpus down and out as far as Kuva is concerned. Siphons are still pieces of technology and the Tenno have been destroying them all over the system for a long time. It stands to reason that the Corpus could eventually replicate the process. It's the effect Kuva would have on their culture that will be interesting to see. For the Grineer they just send some semi-skilled Grineer out to get killed and nobody thinks twice. For the Corpus it'll likely be the opposite: Wealthy and powerful people are the only ones who could afford it.

The highest caste of people in their society are the ones who get a hold of it, or if they're not already in the highest caste they will be eventually. Not being able to die is very lucrative, which is why the Board probably won't give Kuva Liches too much power. It's likely we'll see the Corpus equivalent of Private Military Companies crop up run by these deathless oligarchs and they will probably sit in a similar social position as Alad V. Not quite accepted by mainstream Corpus culture but undeniably effective and thus tolerated.

As far as the Infestation is concerned there's only one word to use: Phorid.

Don't the Ostron in Cetus make Kuva from the flesh they harvest from the tower of the Unum? also, don't we see Corpus standing around Cetus? I'm guessing they're not there to buy masks off Nakak.

I'm with Op though, I think Corpus Liches will either be Amalgam based or Cybernetic, as for the infested, maybe they'll just mutate and their strain will become stronger similar to the way that Phorid seems to be a larger, more evolved form of charger?

Edited by Fl_3
Apparently I can't spell Nakak . . . .

Just now, Dr.Tursko said:

Phorid deserves a remake. I would be okay with this.

Also buff stalker DE, while you're at it-

DE have been curiously silent about the Phorid rework for quite some time now. They got real quiet about it around the same time they got real quiet about the Kingpin system. That may be a coincidence but I doubt it. If I had to theorycraft a Phorid rework I'd put them halfway between Kuva Liches and Sentients: It adapts to and adopt the player's powers, possibly gaining physical traits in the process. Imagine turning a corner and there's an infested Excalibur head with a big maw full of glowing fangs staring at you. Then it starts charging down the hallway with Exalted Teeth.

Not sure what he 'space magic' behind it will be, but the Infested variant will likely just mutate in relation to the warframe powers used on it, and the Corpus variant will likely be something like what the Animo project was supposed to be, i.e. a powerful AI that controls a proxy, and whenever the proxy is destroyed the AI builds a new one that removes the weakness that got the previous one killed.

Infested kingpins are pretty self explanatory, after you melt or smash the pile of flesh it reforms and mutates into something stronger. Corpus kingpins could be neat if they started entirely human and survived death via cybernetics, they start out as John Corpus and end up as Robocop after a few deaths.

Corpus have Amalgams and Animo tech so they can make a Megazord for themselves.

If anything , Infested will have some kind of stealth and deadly " Arlo " strain.

1 hour ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I get a feeling it won't necessarily require kuva. That's just the theme/explanation used for the Grineer kingpin.

Nope. It's been explained that Kuva Liches bring themselves to life and steal Warframe abilities that are casted on them / killed them by using Kuva.

Not just a tag or prefix that slapped on Kingpin target.

Edited by Aeon94

5 hours ago, Mints said:

For the Corpus it'll likely be the opposite: Wealthy and powerful people are the only ones who could afford it.

The highest caste of people in their society are the ones who get a hold of it, or if they're not already in the highest caste they will be eventually. Not being able to die is very lucrative, which is why the Board probably won't give Kuva Liches too much power. It's likely we'll see the Corpus equivalent of Private Military Companies crop up run by these deathless oligarchs and they will probably sit in a similar social position as Alad V. Not quite accepted by mainstream Corpus culture but undeniably effective and thus tolerated.

I like this idea, but only if they develop the most extreme and Gaudy fashion frame as they level up.

6 hours ago, Dr.Tursko said:

Kuva Liches will make sense because Kuva is said to have undying powers on the user/drinker. It makes sense for our personal guy to keep coming back. 

But for Corpus and Infested, how will it work?

Neither faction has Kuva, and Corpus would be too similar to Sentients/using amalgams AGAIN after the Jovian Concord and we showed Alad we wont tolerate it.

Given that neither Grineer nor Infested had Sentient/Demolist tech and DE just kinda "whelp AladV sold it to them" because they wanted more Defection Tilesets regardless of the tenuous lore ties..... I'm guessing both Corpus and Infested will get Litches at one point if the Grineer Litches prove popular. 

They might not call them Litches, much like the Wraith/Vandal/Mutalist weapons being separate equivalencies but it will undoubtedly be the same if not ever so slightly altered mechanic. Will it directly involve Kuva? Who knows, but it will most likely happen regardless. 

Edited by Oreades

Corpus possibilities:

• They start getting into Kuva like the Grineer have been doing for a long time now. Corpus are technically late Orokin too, so this is not a far reach.
  • Mutalist. Salad 5 gets going on his Mutalist rantings again and people start catching onto the idea.
  • Proxy cyborging. Body mods with current Corpus tech clearly works (Solaris is a prime example) and the Orb Mothers seem to bear creepily humanlike voices (these could be just recordings, but it does make one think).
  • Amalgamation. Fusing Sentient technology salvaged from the New War (or just bought from Salad), allows organics to adapt to and manipulate technology directly, but Sentient programming begins to slowly take over and warp the fabric of their being.

Infested possibilities:

• Bigger Infested. Imagine breaking onto an Infested Hive ship, except the entire ship is a giant Infested creature. A Railjack mission like this could put a heavier gameplay emphasis on traps and environmental obstacles.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

I like this idea, but only if they develop the most extreme and Gaudy fashion frame as they level up.

That would be incredible. Once they get wealthy enough they start gilding themselves like the Orokin did. It'd also explain where all those poor Solaris folks' body parts are going too. Instead of stealing bodies whole like the Orokin did the Corpus just chop them up and reassemble them Frankenstein style. High dollar bionics and spare body parts abound. Sounds suitably dark for Warframe background fluff.

Edited by Mints

6 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Nope. It's been explained that Kuva Liches bring themselves to life and steal Warframe abilities that are casted on them / killed them by using Kuva.

Not just a tag or prefix that slapped on Kingpin target.

Allow me to repeat myself. You don't seem to be comprehending my statement.

7 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

That's just the theme/explanation used for the Grineer kingpin.

This is the lore they came up with for the Grineer kingpin.

There's no reason to think that the kingpins of Corpus, Infested, or Sentient would specifically be kuva liches. They may have a different sort of kingpin. Maybe amalgams, with the data from the dead being used to rebuild/revive over and over, evolving through the Sentient tech. Maybe mutalist or helminth strains, run amok, evolving with each encounter. The Sentients naturally adapt and evolve, so they may not NEED special lore - maybe we encounter some sort of "mother" sentient who is especially sturdy and spawns other sentients.

We don't know. But kuva would not necessarily be required. That's just the convenient lore option for Grineer.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

The Infested will have the very fragile, though awesome looking, Leaping Thrasher... if you ever even notice it while you're steam rolling the infested.

Maybe someday Leaping Thrasher will get its place as the Nox/Bursa of the Infested with some Infested Sinew health and some Alloy armor.

I don't know how many of you have played Elex, 

If we correlate Elex with kuva we can kinda make guesses on how they would work. 

Grineer like the berserker would consume it directly, 

Corpus like the clerics would use it to power their machines, 

And Infestation would finally have a special kuva strain that just eats other liches and machinery that has kuva in it and absorb its properties.