Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, you just not understand us

(PSN)robi191291

Embarrassing - I posted this on the wrong tab it seems. Original in spoilers since it was irrelevant to this discussion.

Spoiler

So, uh, where is that area??

It looks like the Lua doors in one of the entrance tiles, but there's no moon rocks, no moon sky and the area seems perfectly intact.

Am I missing somewhere

Edited by Loza03
Sorry for not noticing earlier.

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Valkyr Prime got basically a diorama for her trailer, then after Banshee launched (I'd dare say in March, 6 monthish later than Valkyr's release) she got her full trailer.

Yeah, so that should tell you how much work must go into making those trailers. It took one full prime access before the trailer for the previous prime access was available. That just sounds like a lot of work that could go towards actual content.

7 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Again, Leverian and Vitruvian open new possibilities that add to the lore without putting the pressure on animation team.

Indeed, more reason not to do anything beyond basic prime trailers anymore.

Justo ahora, Xenox_Ilz-ot dijo:

fixed it for you

Thanks, i apologize before saying that it´s true, it´s a way to speak. 

English it´s not my first languague. 

But yes this is a sad true this community is divided, because i know that not i am alone in this. But all depend of what do you want for the game. There is people happy with the actual state, that good for the game and, my envy because i want be a noob again, and other like me for different reasons, grind, difficult, raids... think that DE is disconnect. 

15 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Valkyr Prime got basically a diorama for her trailer, then after Banshee launched (I'd dare say in March, 6 monthish later than Valkyr's release) she got her full trailer.

Pretty much a precedent -- not that I will demand a trailer, but they've definitely done so before. Again, Leverian and Vitruvian open new possibilities that add to the lore without putting the pressure on animation team.

its possible we could see more lore trailers re-released , the valkyr one was really good 

but since iirc geoff mentioning in recent dev that those prime trailer take to much time as vauban , banshee, and valkry types had a lot of custom animation and such added , so id see cutting out those to make it faster.

just kinda felt like a captura video featuring the powers, not really anything a player couldnt make with atlas p in captura 

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Correction: you want a prime trailer.

Honestly i would like it if they stop diddling around and just hand it over to some skilled cinema making content creators of warframe, to create promotion work, get selected, do some quick work with d.e. to setup the trailers and just put them up to watch and repeat the cycle for all the remaining primes so the meme could be dead. Prime Trailers can act as a perfect way to hype up each prime by showing off what they could do in a dramatic fashion. 

One thing Warframe could definitely use is make use of all the resources it had and make FIIIIIIINE use of promotional material to not only hype up each prime warframe, but could double as additional advertising material, so they have more to promote it then just whatever the last TRUE major update was which could be 2 to 3 months old already.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I might also like a prime trailer, but I also understand that Ballas is voiced by a professional voice actor with limited time who is likely quite expensive. He seems to genuinely like the product (certainly, seems to come across in his performance), but they've made it clear that he was the limiting factor in producing the Hydroid Prime trailer, and likely all subsequent ones.

If the issue is a professional voice actor, they could easily change  how the trailers operate, think i remember Rahetalius doing a small series known as Warframe Development Report, not really many of those were thrown out but i liked the idea of a sort of development report like style of explaining a Warframe`s abilities and what not. Which could easily use different voice actors if necessary since it could have a different researcher, archiver or reporter be used.

Heck with proper cinematics they could have said Warframe doing various abilities and either be in a training dojo like simulacrum or a time lapse part where the cinema does not match up with the development report, simply having each ability shown off in a realistic scenario while the person is describing the abilities.

Of course if a Prime trailer follows the style of Ballas doing the dramatic speech and what not, then i guess D.E. is going to need to shell out quite a bit of money to get a dozen or so primes thar trailers instead of dwaddling on it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

Maybe sound stupid, but with this new atlas trailer i see that DE just not understand what we want. 

We don´t want a trailer, we want a prime trailer, with ballas and a piece of lore. It´s like that moment in darks souls that you found a new boss, a quiet cinematic and the camera put focus in the boss, or when you found a new npc in borderlands, you have a first action and the joke that say how is, or show his charisma. Is a moment where you say i love this. 

It´s like, you heard us, see the complaints, the demands, but just process all like a computer. 

You want a prime trailer, have this. But no this is not what we want. 

We want arbi more rewarded, ok, down the time but include again rotations and dilute the drop table. 

And this with everything. DE something need to change in the way that you handle the feedback, because it´s not working. 

It`s not even that, they know what we want but they are not doing it just like uni vac we got it, but not the way we wanted it. Warframe reworks/revisits, the smart thing to do is to tell us what they are thinking of doing to a warframe BEFORE THEY EVEN START DEVELOPING IT, we look at it, give feed back, they look at our feedback THEN start working on it but instead they the post what they have ALREADY STARTED, we give feedback, then it gets ignored or they can`t change it coz they went deep in development then release it. Plus they don`t play their game nor care about console players coz if they did, they would have know how award Gauss` 1st ability is to control when using a controller. On top of that when ppl with some sense give DE some constructive criticism, fanboys/girls make it hard. DE you need to buck up your ideas in 2020 kmt.

Spoiler

Oh and p.s Ash needs to be looked at again and I don`t like nidus.

1 hour ago, xZephyrosx said:

Let them first release Railjack and New War and real content... Then we can talk about prime trailers.....

You know that Hydroid Prime Trailer was postponed since Plains of Eidolon Update, right? They finished Plains of Eidolon and instead of working on Hydroid Prime Trailer or telling us something like this: "We won't release Prime Trailers anymore and the Prime Trailers that we have right now will be erased from YouTube, the lore from Trailers can be read in Codex if you own Prime Warframes, future lore will be added with future Prime Warframes" they preferred to not tell us anything and this Hydroid Prime trailer is now a meme in Warframe community for players and [DE]. Funny how the last Prime Trailer is Mirage instead of Hydroid since he came in U21.6 and Mirage in U22.7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xZephyrosx said:

Let them first release Railjack and New War and real content... Then we can talk about prime trailers.....

I have to agree with you on this for the reasons I'll be stating below.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

We don´t want a trailer, we want a prime trailer, with ballas and a piece of lore.

OP I have to be blunt with you. We haven't gotten those kind of prime trailers for more than 2 years now, yeah I do admit that I like those trailers too but here's the thing; those prime trailers have a lot of production value, therefore costs lots of money to produce that could have gone toward development to the game instead. Take into consideration that we're in a severe content drought right now. Me and probably many others are taking a break from the game right now and we need more content; especially sustainable and continuously supported content. In order to do that you need money. Since the new war will be another cinematic story quest that'll cost lots money alongside development of empyrean let alone the developing game as a whole and doing server maintenance in preparation of these big updates.

What I'm trying to say is that it's better for DE to focus on making content and making sure their servers will be able to handle those updates than trying to do that alongside trying to make cinematic prime access trailers with ballas saying something about the frame. Trying to develop the game while trying to make these trailers year-round is pretty taxing and will bottleneck development due to lack of financial freedom in DE's current state.

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

DE have given the reason for not doing the big cinematic trailers anymore, too much time and diverts work from other things now that our quest in game have cinematics.

The trailer they put out is fine shows off everything well and doesn't delay anything. Don't them not doing a time consuming video is "forgetting about us"

Not sure if you noticed, but the Atlas trailer we got was just in-game footage with some fancy camerawork and slow-mo.

They probably whipped that up in just a day or two, which is about a million times faster than the proper Prime Trailers have taken to get produced. DE's already slow enough as is producing actual game content, putting massive work toward a short-term experience is precisely why Quests have been dropped as a concept with the exception of The New War. Nobody should be surprised Prime Trailers are dead.

Although they really should release the Hydroid trailer already, I don't think I can buy the fact that the trailer's been held back for over two years just because they need to do the voiceover.

This is why DE's been exploring smaller mediums to tell stories, like Fragments, Nightwave (Though they have trouble keeping up with that too it seems) and the Levarian. Makes me wonder though how much DE could get done if they weren't spreading themselves thin trying to do these giant bombastic game expansions :v

Edited by Zandermanith222
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Aldrr said:

Frankly I'm liking this "prime trailer lite" format. It showcases Atlas, the contents of this prime release, done.

The level of production quality those old prime trailers required must be... a couple magnitudes higher.

If DE feels like they can put those resources to better use elsewhere (Railjack,New War and beyond and overhauling older things on occasion), I'm okay with it.

(all assumptions of course, I have no way of knowing how the studio runs internally)

People didn't like the old Prime Trailers because they showcased the warframe. They liked them because of the lore bits that they showed, that is what people want. Personally, I'd be fine with getting that as a CODEX entry as well, don't need the fancy trailer with it.

Edited by TheRealShade
  • Like 1

I don't think it's a problem of DE not understanding what we want, because they obviously know that players want fully-realized Prime trailers, particularly after they released a fully-fledged Valkyr Prime trailer after the diorama they initially released didn't gather much interest. Rather, I think the issue is simply that DE is pooling as many resources as they can into Railjack and other big projects, even if it starves the smaller releases of the time and effort needed to make them truly shine. I don't think it's a great strategy, because disappointment tends to linger for longer than is assumed, but at least I do think that given slightly different prioritizations, DE would be absolutely on board with what players want when delivering Prime trailers.

• Like 1

Why don't they just work with others outside of DE to make Prime trailers? They did that with the Tennocon Warframe CGI trailer. They could just pay someone else to make it but it doesn't need to be like a full out CGI or anything. I'm sure they have some money to spend. Just an idea.

Edited by WarriorSoundwave

20 hours ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

this new atlas trailer

Something tells me this was thrown together as a release video (but not the official trailer if we get one) from copied/leftover recording made for his first reveal at TennoVIP in Japan. It's definitely not meant as a full release trailer, since the Rumblers in it are identical to vanilla Atlas', and more recently there was a clip showing that Atlas Prime's Rumblers are getting the Prime treatment.

• Like 1