Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one mad about the Saturn Six Armor Returning?

Agilis_Prime

Its false prestige. If you have acheived sometihng via a challenge be it a long grind or overcoming a certain difficulty, you usually get stuff that is prestigous because its hard to get.

While I personally don't consider NW to be prestigous at all, I can see why some would. The thing however is the prestige is based on the time you invest and doing all the stuff, not that you were there for a specifc season. You still need rank 30 to get a seocnd shot at the wolfs armor. Its not handed out for free, the work you put in is not invalidated.

Not wanting others to have a chance to get specific stuff because they didn't do it at a specifc time, regardless of them putting in the same work is just petty.

Otherwise you should maybe check if you just did the NW because of FOMO (fear of missing out) and are now salty at the fact that you drove yourself to do it, despite not actually missing out and ar eprojecting that at the others who now got a second chance.

Edited by Raikh
  • Like 1

As someone who came in around two weeks after "The Emissary" began...agreed.

Granted, I may be somewhat biased because I don't even like the Saturn Six Armor and would have preferred to see something new...or exclusive to Intermissions. Still, I'm going to be somewhat disappointing when I see The Emissary Suit swing back around. As you stated, when it comes to mods, weapons, and things that actually impact gameplay...you never want to see exclusivity; when, however, it comes to vanity-related items...these can be awarded to highlight achievements and made exclusive to these events. It may cut down on costs in developing new rewards to bring them back around, but it does undermine the sense of accomplishment in obtaining these items.

Will I be extremely bent out of shape when I see The Emissary Suit come back?

No, but it will be disappointing. There's always going to be a demographic that complains when they see an exclusive, purely cosmetic, item that they can't obtain...but they usually tend to come around when they find themselves with something that others have failed to achieve or missed out on. These help us further distinguish ourselves from those around us by wearing our achievements, achievements others failed to complete or weren't around for. It gives people a sense of awe when they see something awesome that they can't obtain because they weren't around for that event, and in many cases...a sense of wonder for what they'll be sporting in the future that others are awestruck by.

These items, in a sense, signify people who have lived through these events...and, in a way, "war veterans" of the game.

Those before me lived and played a pivotal role in The Wolf of Saturn Six...and obtained armor representing such.

While I missed out on that, and the damn Umbral Forma that came with it, I lived through "The Emissary" and played a pivotal role in thwarting Arlo's invasion. For such, I get to run around looking like one of his crazy kiddos.

These are symbols of an accomplishment that the development team strips when they take away the exclusivity and bring them back around. Had I come in after "The Emissary," I would have been extremely disappointed to have missed out on the suit...................but it wouldn't have dissuaded me from the game and I would have looked forward to my own symbolic achievements to sport within the future.

That doesn't exist though...because these items are cycled.

So, I can see it from all angles...but yeah, I have to agree...I think that it works out best were they exclusive to the events themselves. People get over their disappointment when the next shiny thing comes along that they like even more than what they once coveted but could not obtain....................so long as it's purely cosmetic.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm fairly sure they wont clog it with more since when you look at it, the rank requirement per item is in the same spot as it was during the actual season. So it will very likely be one season's loot plus the intermission loot during intermissions from now on, spread out over 30 ranks instead of 15 with just intermission loot like the first one. I dont think they have any plans to reduce the time investment needed to get the items, which would be the case if they included several seasons in the same intermission.

And has there even been any indication that the items will show as duplicates in our UI when changing fashion?

If you were around when it was, think it was last christmas, they were giving out various goodies including a solstice syandana, but due to some bugs in the twitch drops, people were getting multiple copies of a bunch of goods. Currently i still have 2 copies of the syandana that show up as `separate items` whenever i open up arsenal`s appearance section, plus the inventory(unless they fixed it when i was not looking).

Never the less, its completely pointless for a person to have multiple copies of the same cosmetic and D.E. should have some kind of catch for these things that convert extra cosmetics, especially since we cant TRADE THEM to other players, that just breaks them down into something like a large amount of endo when the bug appears. Which if someone were to somehow accidently buy a second one in the market place, it could simply refund the platinum instead.

9 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

So, you want someone to look at your armor set and strive to become good enough to go back in time and acquire it?

No, in fact. I want them to strive to become good enough to get their achievement that they can then show off years to come, and continue that cycle. Which is why I do my best to help as many new players as possible.

8 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

So you're upset because something that DE said (multiple times mind you) that was not exclusive, turns out to not be exclusive?
Maybe you should just learn to pay attention a bit more?

And please tell me:
What "achievement" did it take for you to get the wolf armor?
Oh yeah, you just played the season one nightwave through all 30 ranks.

What "achievement" will it take for new players to get the wolf armor?
Oh yeah, they just need to play through this intermission through all 30 ranks.

So whats the difference here?
And before you go "But one hour kuva survivals!" I can just point to the fact that a decent number of people got through rank 30 of season 1 without doing the hour long kuva survival...

Fact is that you didn't go through any "achievement" to get the wolf armor...and trying to claim it as one is disingenuous at best.

What achievement did I get? I pushed through a hard task, failed and failed, but eventually prevailed. It was an accomplishment that took time and effort.

What achievement will new players get? None. So be it. They're not good enough yet, so they can wait for the next Nightwave season so they can get their own special cosmetic or whatever at the end of that. It's not like it's much a grind anymore, anyway.

So what's the difference here?

Oh let me think... Half the grind... Half the time... Half the challenge... You don't need a friend... Less satisfaction at the end... In other words, a super easy less grindy version. The newer players now have the chance to get it without even a quarter of my strength. I feel cheated, as if none of that time mattered... Because it didn't. And yeah, I DID know it was going to be re-released, but not in this way and this early.

Fact is I DID achieve something, and it was all thrown in the trash.

7 hours ago, George_PPS said:

MR27 4000 hours here. 

You are just a spoiled veteran. You are not the only player. What about new players and players who haven’t gotten the item? Some of the best cosmetic items are going to show up again for everyone. 

"Spoiled Veteran." What exactly does that mean? What's the difference between a non spoiled veteran and a "spoiled" veteran apparently like myself? Is it that I put more time into the game? Really, I need clarification. What about new players and players who haven't gotten the item? Hmm... Maybe play the game and get their own cosmetics? I do my best to help them do so.

7 hours ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Even if the intermission lasted for 15 levels and the last level was the 1'st season  armour, I'd be fine with it. Besides, it's really hard to get annoyed by this decision when we were informed before the season 1 started.

Ah yes, we were informed, but you do realize how EASY they made it to get and how EARLY they decided to bring it back?

8 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I missed it the first time around, and am glad it returned.

Of course you're glad it returned, because you didn't have to go through the grind I did and you still get the goodies I ended up getting.

2 hours ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Not mad, don't care, moving on.

Then don't post on the thread... lol

3 hours ago, Raikh said:

Its false prestige. If you have acheived sometihng via a challenge be it a long grind or overcoming a certain difficulty, you usually get stuff that is prestigous because its hard to get.

While I personally don't consider NW to be prestigous at all, I can see why some would. The thing however is the prestige is based on the time you invest and doing all the stuff, not that you were there for a specifc season. You still need rank 30 to get a seocnd shot at the wolfs armor. Its not handed out for free, the work you put in is not invalidated.

Not wanting others to have a chance to get specific stuff because they didn't do it at a specifc time, regardless of them putting in the same work is just petty.

Otherwise you should maybe check if you just did the NW because of FOMO (fear of missing out) and are now salty at the fact that you drove yourself to do it, despite not actually missing out and ar eprojecting that at the others who now got a second chance.

No one seems to understand... I'm more salty about HOW they brought it back, not WHY they brought it back. And I had no FOMO on Nightwave S1. There was no fear to be seen. Just excitement for something to do. Maybe if players have to go through a similar grind I did, I wouldn't be as mad, but they don't.

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

You can be mad all you want because happily things don't revolve around you and your interests. Elitism is truly a ugly thing but all too common.

I can be mad all I want? Wow, I didn't know I was a human being in the USA with rights of free speech! Wait, and things don't revolve around my interests? REALLY?! You're telling me this ISN'T my game? Big news. And I didn't know I was being an elitist by sharing opinions of DE's wrongdoing. There was a billion other ways they could've handled this.

2 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

I actually appreciate the armor being back.

what we need for season 3 are more variety in missions.

And what if they innovated instead of bringing back the old? Pretty fun thought.

3 hours ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

As someone who came in around two weeks after "The Emissary" began...agreed.

Granted, I may be somewhat biased because I don't even like the Saturn Six Armor and would have preferred to see something new...or exclusive to Intermissions. Still, I'm going to be somewhat disappointing when I see The Emissary Suit swing back around. As you stated, when it comes to mods, weapons, and things that actually impact gameplay...you never want to see exclusivity; when, however, it comes to vanity-related items...these can be awarded to highlight achievements and made exclusive to these events. It may cut down on costs in developing new rewards to bring them back around, but it does undermine the sense of accomplishment in obtaining these items.

Will I be extremely bent out of shape when I see The Emissary Suit come back?

No, but it will be disappointing. There's always going to be a demographic that complains when they see an exclusive, purely cosmetic, item that they can't obtain...but they usually tend to come around when they find themselves with something that others have failed to achieve or missed out on. These help us further distinguish ourselves from those around us by wearing our achievements, achievements others failed to complete or weren't around for. It gives people a sense of awe when they see something awesome that they can't obtain because they weren't around for that event, and in many cases...a sense of wonder for what they'll be sporting in the future that others are awestruck by.

These items, in a sense, signify people who have lived through these events...and, in a way, "war veterans" of the game.

Those before me lived and played a pivotal role in The Wolf of Saturn Six...and obtained armor representing such.

While I missed out on that, and the damn Umbral Forma that came with it, I lived through "The Emissary" and played a pivotal role in thwarting Arlo's invasion. For such, I get to run around looking like one of his crazy kiddos.

These are symbols of an accomplishment that the development team strips when they take away the exclusivity and bring them back around. Had I come in after "The Emissary," I would have been extremely disappointed to have missed out on the suit...................but it wouldn't have dissuaded me from the game and I would have looked forward to my own symbolic achievements to sport within the future.

That doesn't exist though...because these items are cycled.

So, I can see it from all angles...but yeah, I have to agree...I think that it works out best were they exclusive to the events themselves. People get over their disappointment when the next shiny thing comes along that they like even more than what they once coveted but could not obtain....................so long as it's purely cosmetic.

And thank you for actually understanding where I'm coming from here instead of immediately calling me an elitist spoiled veteran who only cares about myself and not new players... Ignoring the fact I spend most of my time nowadays just helping new players get to the point I am so they can do achieve whatever their heart desires in Warframe. Eh, still must be a selfish spoiled veteran, as George_PPS would call me.

On another note, yes, yes, I know I didn't make it that clear that I was more so angry about the way they brought it instead of them bringing it back to begin with. (Though they still shouldn't of brought it back to begin with and instead should've created more items for players to earn instead of bringing back the past out of pure laziness)

6 minutes ago, --CV--Agilis said:

And what if they innovated instead of bringing back the old? Pretty fun thought.

They have, I see where you're coming from but its just an intermission to be honest most of early players like me were not able to get the armor, its nice to have it back, if you already have all the offered prizes you can just let it pass. At the state everything its at the moment it pretty much can be nothing until they get to release their "mayor update" so its appreciated and gives some reason to players to come by and again remember not everyone here its a 3 year+ vet.

I think its ok for players to have many opportunistic to have access to some rewards, because even when the content pass over that will still be data occupying HD space so why not allow people to access it, its unfair for you that the drop its now more accessible, yes from some point of view, it its unfair for new players to have content that actually occupy HD space in their systems being locked away forever, but of course, everything that its not Excalibur prime shouldn't be restricted forever. 

Not mad just disappointed, I wonder why they do not put the previous rewards in the store, and change the reward with x nightwave credit. 

Because right now for those who actualy care to do the previous series will see. 

true_nightwave_reward.jpg

I hope they revisit the next intermission reward. 

This all breaks down to the mindset that if I suffered so should everyone else which is selfish. On top of not getting to feel special anymore because you don't have exclusives.

Both toxic ways to see and play games. Should be striving for improvement not being bitter because they fixed issues with a basically alpha release of a string of missions.

This is the furthest thing from constructive discussion or even fun discussion you are entitled to speaking out about it and being mad about it. Just like a lot of us hear are also allowed to respond and call you out for an old mindset we don't need in Warframe.

12 hours ago, Avienas said:

If you were around when it was, think it was last christmas, they were giving out various goodies including a solstice syandana, but due to some bugs in the twitch drops, people were getting multiple copies of a bunch of goods. Currently i still have 2 copies of the syandana that show up as `separate items` whenever i open up arsenal`s appearance section, plus the inventory(unless they fixed it when i was not looking).

Never the less, its completely pointless for a person to have multiple copies of the same cosmetic and D.E. should have some kind of catch for these things that convert extra cosmetics, especially since we cant TRADE THEM to other players, that just breaks them down into something like a large amount of endo when the bug appears. Which if someone were to somehow accidently buy a second one in the market place, it could simply refund the platinum instead.

I've been around for 2 christmas events and 2 anniversaries and I've got zero duplicates in my loadout screen when picking and chosing fashion.

20 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I think it should have waited 1year or so as I'm against hard exclusiveness. But I'm still disappointed, not because the rewards are available again, but because the way they were brought back implied slapping the face of players who had won the armor on S1.

As a player who earned the Wolf Armour in Season 1 and uses it on Frost, I find implications of a "slap in the face" to be a slap in my face. In other words - I find this to be nonsense. I earned the Wolf Armour months ago, I've been using it for months, that was my reward. If other people gain it now, good - the more people who get to enjoy the same stuff I have, the better. If other people gain it easier than I did, also good - Nightwave Season 1 was a S#&$show which I don't want anyone else to have to go through. The only value in exclusivity is envy, and I have no respect for that particular selling point.

11 hours ago, --CV--Agilis said:

you didn't have to go through the grind

Didn't Get to.

It's not a job man, it's a game.
If people can't put in the free time every time, that's supposed to be understandable.

They've done exclusive events, so I get that expectation.
They've also been repeating the events like Thermia Fracture and Plague Star.

When they say to people that like a cosmetic, "sorry, you missed it," that's more of a
turn off to potential customers than it is beneficial from existing ones.
Only a margin of people who get exclusives are upset that others can't get it,
where as a large amount of folks feel like the game is being too demanding or
predatory of their time if they do that regularly.

It's not putting you out to say you don't have to work this hard on Nightwave this time,
during the intermission.
It is putting others out to say, "You didn't know this existed before you started, or
you were too busy? Welp, that's your fault."
...which they still occasionally do to try to keep things interesting.

Perhaps they should make it tradeable or sellable for credits so there's something
to do with it.. and DE responds to feedback, so we'll see.

I'd say replace those with nightwave credits, but I got a funny feeling that wouldn't
be enough.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Didn't Get to.

If people can't put in the free time every time, that's supposed to be understandable.

They've done exclusive events, so I get that expectation.
They've also been repeating the events like Thermia Fracture and Plague Star.

When they say to people that like a cosmetic, "sorry, you missed it," that's more of a

It's not putting you out to say you don't have to work this hard on Nightwave this time,
during the intermission.
It is putting others out to say, "You didn't know this existed before you started, or

Perhaps they should make it tradeable or sellable for credits so there's something

I'd say replace those with nightwave credits, but I got a funny feeling that wouldn't
be enough.

Thats the funny thing about a limited time event and a job, they are both things you do for desires. One because you want some fancy object, the other to cover various needs, though for those that are savvy enough, they can sell off event goods if its say some physical object and it was a highly sought after item that will never get a reprint on. Granted, the point is people chase things cause of desire for it, regardless of the meaning behind it whether its for fashion desires in something or again, necessary needs.

If D.E. feels they are making certain Nightwaves too demanding, then instead of a intermission, have the episode have a post-epilogue extension that last an additional several weeks which throws in a bonus track where you gain standing for both IT and the original night wave  track at the same time, where the latter will throw in extra nightwave creds for those who already completed it so they can pick up goods like potatoes, nitain and kuva if they feel like it. Maybe even throw in bonus offers for endo, slots and-oh wait, if they cram a aura & umbral forma into the shop as one time purchases, people will `still` riot about that, because they dont haz enough nightwave credits since they kept burning it on getting things like cosmetic helmets and so on, lulz.

This basically gives `plenty of extra time` for those who do not feel like doing it, when you already only need to do about 60% or the dang thing to get everything in the rank up rewards, which is a good generous sum of leeway to begin with, plus a catch up system exists for the lazies to get what they need. This is millions of times more generous then any other battlepass-like system i have seen, plus its not like your forced to pay money to upgrade to an elite one or something, especially when other ones normally put all the fancy cosmetics on the elite one you have to shell out 5 or even 20 bucks for.

Plus AGAIN, the main concern is the fact that people who have gotten the items before, are not able to get something else in its place. No one really likes two of said items when no real benefit exists to having a duplicate. You can`t fuse them together to get a shinier one, you cant melt them into scrap metal to make something like a fancy metal toilet, which honestly if you could scrap extra event cosmetics for novelty decorations like a toilet, i think many people would go haywire for that cause `fashion/decorations`.~

though granted it is bad taste when they bring back said items EXTREMELY SOON, when normally some games that bring back said goods will wait a few months to let people enjoy other things and have a nice break on say, more casual events, before they whip out something that tugs at people`s heartstrings that did not get it and slightly annoy people if they can`t pick a option B in place of said item taking up what could be a slot for something else for the next few weeks.

Edited by Avienas

47 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Didn't Get to.

Exactly... Which is why missing out on cosmetics does literally nothing to you.

50 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

A turn off? Shouldn't you be excited for whatever it is that's new? What's demanding about missing something that you don't even need to be successful in the game? No one is telling you to get Saturn Six armor in S1. I'm busy myself, but I was still able to get it. If you don't have enough time to get it, so be it. The only thing you missed out on was the Umbral Forma. Saturn Six Armor, as I've said too many times at this point, is purely cosmetic.

58 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

during the intermission.

Exactly. You weren't around at the time and I was. So I got the armor. But you don't seem to understand that I'm not mad about them returning it, I'm mad about how they did. And if anyone here thinks I'm attacking them, no. I'm mad at DE for the way they did it. Hell, you want help completing those challenges, I'd be glad to.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

be enough.

No, actually. I'd be GLAD if they made them available with Creds instead of the system itself. Because then people would have to choose between the stuff from S1 or the Helmets and all that other crap. And people who did already did get everything here would get something new as well. Only thing worth grabbing with Creds nowadays is the Nitains and Kuva. And uh... If DE did responded to feedback, this game would be amazing. Just saying.

All in all, I'm not mad that you're able to get it now. I'm not mad at you, I'm not mad at anyone else who gets the armor now. I'm mad at Digital Extremes laziness with the whole thing. I don't want you to got through what I did, I just hate that what I went through was for nothing.

On 2019-10-24 at 11:23 AM, --CV--Agilis said:

I spent hours grinding out that armor, literally some challenges taking hours to complete. Then once I finally got to the part where I get the armor, dear God, that felt great. And then, I thought I had a cool armor set to show off my work... Oh but no, you got all those whiners who wanted it back, and now all they gotta do is get it through this easy as hell version of Nightwave.

Isn't the opposite equally true?

You got all those Whiners complaining they "Worked so hard" so they can feel "special"

• Like 1

En 24/10/2019 a las 17:23, --CV--Agilis dijo:

Just fair warning, you're about to hear a small rant about your stereotypical veteran, but HOLY HELL, please stop bringing back cosmetics. Mods and weapons, I can completely understand. But cosmetics?! You know how much of a grind the first Nightwave was? I spent hours grinding out that armor, literally some challenges taking hours to complete. Then once I finally got to the part where I get the armor, dear God, that felt great. And then, I thought I had a cool armor set to show off my work... Oh but no, you got all those whiners who wanted it back, and now all they gotta do is get it through this easy as hell version of Nightwave. Now I might be the only one who even cares, but it just sucks to know that the grind I went through was all just a big fat waste of time, because now anyone can get it with ease.

This isn't the first time it's happened, either. Anyone remember The Pacifism Defect tactical alert? It was by far, besides that most recent one for the Orb Vallis, just stupid time consuming. But guess what? I still finished it and got the Harkonar Wraith armor set and Syandana. Hell, I've still got the messages in my Inbox from Cressa Tal signifying I did. But then, Mr. Ki'Teer comes around, and gives it out for mere Ducats and Credits to any ole' chap that just so happens to have some. As I said earlier, I do not mind the addition of the exclusive Vandal weapons or whatever else being re-released, as they are something that actually effects gameplay, but cosmetics are something that DOESN'T.

So yeah, I'm just your old grumpy veteran and everyone is just gonna say "nobody cares" or "it's for the players that didn't have the chance." You know what? I come from a place where your cosmetics symbolized a whole lot more than a fancy showoff, but an actual achievement that people would admire and then inspire them to become better or something else along those lines. Because, as one wise man once said, once everyone is super, nobody is super.

Dude, I had to grind the last 3 levels capturing fugitives because I joined way too late. I spent an entire week grinding in Orb Vallis, and I don't give a #*!% about the armor returning. It only means I can skip the last level.

• Like 1

I am not mad. Some players asked for a return of things like the Saturn 6 armor pieces and I have no problem with them having a chance to get them. The only thing I wish would be an option for those who already have the set to get something else like Kuva, Forma or NW credits as a reward in that tier.

• Like 1

Personally I don't mind that it returns.  To be fair, not everyone has time to grind because of real life (family, work, etc.).  So its nice to see it return for others to get a chance at it.

The one piece of feedback I would give is that it would have been nice to see other rewards in place for people who already have it.  It would be cool to see another reward, doesn't have to be cosmetic.  Maybe have a umbral forma pack of 3, some rare arcanes, 100k kuva, etc.    

• Like 3