Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[All Platforms] Hallowed Flame Tactical Alert

[DE]Danielle

So, from what I'm gathering from the comments, this event is a great indication that DE can't possibly know what the heck to do with you guys!! Holy crap, Lol! 

So, what is it? Too easy, too hard, too boring, too cool, too unforgiving, too unrewarding, too intimidating, too meh, too short? To whom should the ears listen to? I get it, "it's the forum", but that does not mean the forum should = uselessness. C'mon guys, should there be a challenge, gimmicks and a little thinking or not? 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

So, from what I'm gathering from the comments, this event is a great indication that DE can't possibly know what the heck to do with you guys!! Holy crap, Lol! 

So, what is it? Too easy, too hard, too boring, too cool, too unforgiving, too unrewarding, too intimidating, too meh, too short? To whom should the ears listen to? I get it, "it's the forum", but that does not mean the forum should = uselessness. C'mon guys, should there be a challenge, gimmicks and a little thinking or not? 

Just skimming the topic the "too hard/frustrating" comments seem to be directed at gameplay/mechanics issues that crop up in other game modes as well. IE enemies spawning too far away and either taking too long to find players or getting hung up in rooms; spawns being too infrequent(looking at you Disruption keys and Excavator power cells); soloing being more efficient than group play because of mechanics like spreading spawns, troll players being able to disrupt missions by taking off with portable objectives with no kick option and the like.  So they should be listening to both sides.  Anything new is great and welcome but there's some longstanding QoL issues that need addressing too.

it seems like a good game mode, BUT i dont like the fail condition....really think endless missions SHOULDNT have any fail conditions tbh. especially with how severe the fail is on THIS game mode (stuff like this REALLY makes me WANT to fight infested maps even more....the darkness is SO fitting for them *im tired of the same old tile sets for Dark sectors, especially survivals as that is my favorite mode and they use the same tiles every time i run them (based on the planet ofc). The drain rate of the Light is stupid insane though, there NEEDS to be a respite between it hitting 0% and failing, as its REALLY hard to keep up the kills at times.

On the image though, Can we get that as a wallpaper download without the text and icons? LOOKS GREAT!

Spawn rate (or lantern decay in-between Hordes) definitely needs work.

You should be failing if you die to enemy attacks OR fail to kill the enemy fast enough - NOT because enemies fail to spawn or get lost/stuck in a stairwell. Took me three attempts to get the Endurance done. Well, technically two since the first one I simply forgot to check the required amount of points and walked to the exit at 5 min. mark. 

Failed the first real attempt at 8-something minute mark on horde transition since I have encountered near-zero infested on the way. Completed the next one with a couple close calls below 30%. Overall - better than baiting a pumpkin Juggernaut into fires but with lots of room for improvement. Get the guy who did Chains of Harrow to help - he knows his spooky stuff. 

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Clan Leaderboards will be available during HALLOWED FLAME! Even though this is a Tactical Alert, we want Clans to take their shot at the top of the boards. How long can you and your clanmates survive the Infested onslaught? 

I am not aware that you were mentioning any leaderboards in advance somewhere. You could have done that at least, so that clans could recruit their members in time... And this is an Event and not really a Tactical Alert still, if we're talking about competition (leaderboards).

It was a struggle to get the ephemera, however I feel that's mostly due to bad luck with squads... and generally bad luck. (It's been one of those days.)

I failed several times, starting with the 3rd mission, and of course the 4th.

A few times, someone was holding on to the lantern and kept running all over the place - or simply went after some Ayatan Stars instead of feeding it properly. One time the lantern dropped into that well under the big tree in the Prelate room and, since we could not get to it, fail was inevitable when the enemy spawn point moved. (There are not enough Pherliac Pods in the world to make up for that, alas.)

Twice we lost the lantern just a few seconds away from the 15 minute mark and it was depressing as hell.

I wouldn't say the event is difficult - but towards the end things do get tougher and, if you play in a squad, reasonable squad mates are a necessity. It also helps if the person holding the lantern when the light gets low has some one-button-kill-all-nearby ability to refill it fast.

As for the cache rewards: nothing special, with a Forma blueprint possibly the most valuable outcome. One time we were all stunned at getting two Argon Crystals and one (large) Norg. I mean... What a bizarre place to find a fish. 😮 (And if it had been in that cache any amount of time it probably smelled really bad, too.)

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

First, try reading the title and the first paragraph before jumping to conclusions.

Doesn’t make your complaint any less illogical. You’re complaining that a holiday themed event is giving us a new Vandal or Wraith. When the Halloween event has never done that and they already said the reward this time would be the bat Ephemera.

I did all three missions, but I can't do the final endurance survival. I'm not skilled enough to do that final mission...to get the bats. Oh well, too bad for me...I just can't do it. I tired so many times (like I do with Sorties)...I give up.

Spoiler

I have no friends to help me, lmao. Well, I do, but I don't wanna burden them.

Spoiler

And, I don't go public to ask for help as people I met were really rude and I prefer to do it by myself. I asked for help once for a boss and the person (I won't name who) was just to rude and pushy. So, I don't do ask anymore. If I can't do it myself, well that's it. I give up trying.

4 hours ago, xOverGrownCarrotx said:

Yeah, but those poor MR 0 - 5 have to either get good or get lucky with a team that can carry. Not very fun for them since they're just running around trying not to die. It was a good challenge trying to keep that thing up and easy enough to kill the enemies, but lower players don't really get a challenge. They just get 15 minutes of trying not to die while everyone else does the work for them. 

You do realise not everything has to be had this very year? If they like the game, they will stick around and have a shot at it next year. You know who has a successful model that does that for events? Arenanet with Guild Wars 2. (Speaking of which, I suspect they are the source of inspiration for the ephemora, maybe DE could take some ideas for events for the open world too) If they want something, then it encourages you to stick around to try again at a later date.

4 hours ago, Evvy21 said:

DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF KNOCK UP(MELEE STANCES,ZAW ARCANES also any warframe ability that does something similar)

Even tho enemies are in the lantern light range if you suspend or knock up enmies in the air and such will make them invulnerable until they fall back down and recover.This is way to annoying to deal with.Also i would recommend doing the endurance run with a party or join in a random pub run,as the lantern light level decrease speed insane if you don't kill anything for about id say 20 seconds you lose from 100% to 0. Highly recommend to bring yourself or hope to get a SPEED NOVA.Also stick together so enemy spawns don't get #*!%ed up and never go for those caches the rewards are garbage.

I found a Spova, Oberon for his magic carpet, Wisp for the extra health, a touch of CC, and extra DPS, plus a (This is the only time Iwould say this is good) Miasma Saryn for more DPS, works brilliantly as a team combination.

For some reason we managed to reach 900 (984 to be exact) on the Endurance mode with this team;

1. I'm using Nekros (using Ignis Wraith) with a friend squad member, a person who brought an unmaxed (probably unmodded) Chroma. We both don't have Transference yet.
2. Equinox
3. Limbo

I would like to note that there were little to no communication in the squad because the other two speaks in asterisk language ************ but I'm pretty sure they might have tried or seen someone else do the event.

Equinox holds the lamp turns on her Night form aura, she uses a Staticor as a secondary while the Limbo goes into the rift to search for caches as soon as possible. For some reason my Chroma friend running around trying not die kinda helped with the aggro from overwhelming me and Equinox. Just as soon as the Limbo found all the caches he joined up to us with the killing. We moved in quite a circular pattern, while I just follow and kill any infested stuck on terrain within the light's range and cast Terrify if it gets overwhelming.

If there's probably some other factor that helped our run is that, nobody tried to pick up any ayatan stars and just focused on the objective in trying to survive and keeping the light lit. The lantern holder doesn't run around much and as soon as a new horde location appears she immediately goes to that location. I can't imagine how I could have survived those level 100+ infested, I don't even have shield of the shadows augment and my build that time was for farming. 

To be honest it was a YOLO run, didn't expect it to get cleared. We failed one time because I decided to hold the lamp while I have a crappy secondary, thankfully the other two were kind enough not to leave after that and then we succeeded on second try. I'm kinda happy though... My friend (MR6) was overly joyous he keeps on typing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on chat that he had his first ephemera. I'm sure he is going to wear it proud.

20191026032944-1.jpg

Best event and rewards since a long time. The endurance run must be played solo imho. That's what i did with Mesa Prime, after trying a couple of public games with no luck (also my Mesa P. is tankier than my Ember P., and it helps a lot when you reach the 15 mn mark).

The ephemera with the bats is really cool, certainly one of the best of the game, so thank you for that event DE. Looking forward to the next update on PS4 (arbitrations changes and tennogen stuff catch up, finally).

4 hours ago, (PS4)Daemonfyre said:

Just skimming the topic the "too hard/frustrating" comments seem to be directed at gameplay/mechanics issues that crop up in other game modes as well. IE enemies spawning too far away and either taking too long to find players or getting hung up in rooms; spawns being too infrequent(looking at you Disruption keys and Excavator power cells); soloing being more efficient than group play because of mechanics like spreading spawns, troll players being able to disrupt missions by taking off with portable objectives with no kick option and the like.  So they should be listening to both sides.  Anything new is great and welcome but there's some longstanding QoL issues that need addressing too.

Agreed. This is the type of answer I think would best evolve the game. Not all modes should be noob-to-vet playable however the mechanics issues should be pinpointed and addressed as soon as possible.

Thanks Daemonfrye. 

I like this new event, but at least on PS4 it's incredibly bugged. The timer, score, and lantern drain keep freezing, my powers froze up for a whole mission to where I couldn't use them, I couldn't transfer to my operator at all. Then the next mission when I could it just kept launching me up in the air for some reason. The lantern holder disappears from the map, and on my screen at times, or they glitch and teleport around. It feels less like surviving against the enemies at times, and more trying to survive against bugs.

Archived