Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[All Platforms] Hallowed Flame Tactical Alert

[DE]Danielle

Y'know, if the charge wouldn't vanish in 5 seconds and the game would spawn enough enemies to kill between trying to find enough caches to charge the lantern that doesn't register 9 out of 10 kills, I'd actually be able to enjoy this event.

I mean, the event isn't hard. I know what to do. But it's just not fun at all, since all you do is stress about charging this worthless lantern that's as effective as Nyx.

I appreciate the new event. I just wish that we could have gotten the pumpkin juggernaut somehow. I love him. 

Also if the enemies could spawn faster or the lantern wouldn't go out so quickly, that would make this event a lot better. It was a pleasant surprise to get a new event, but the slow rate at which enemies spawn along with the fast decay of the lantern makes this very challenging unless you're with an organized group.

Also, I am MR 27 so it doesn't affect me really, but the high levels of the enemies makes it rather inaccessible to newer players. Generally, events like these are supposed to be readily available for all. I do expect there to be more difficult content with better rewards for more experienced players, but I think special events shouldn't be like that.

1 hour ago, fo3nixz said:

pumpkin as ship decoration please ???

For that matter, why do we not have a ship seasonal decor like the Xmas and the Chinese Spring festival one? It would be nice to see candles, spiders and webs, a man in the wall skeleton, coffins, and tombstones, a hanging ghost etc and other such things on our orbiter bridge.

13 minutes ago, xOverGrownCarrotx said:

I appreciate the new event. I just wish that we could have gotten the pumpkin juggernaut somehow. I love him. 

Also if the enemies could spawn faster or the lantern wouldn't go out so quickly, that would make this event a lot better. It was a pleasant surprise to get a new event, but the slow rate at which enemies spawn along with the fast decay of the lantern makes this very challenging unless you're with an organized group.

Also, I am MR 27 so it doesn't affect me really, but the high levels of the enemies makes it rather inaccessible to newer players. Generally, events like these are supposed to be readily available for all. I do expect there to be more difficult content with better rewards for more experienced players, but I think special events shouldn't be like that.

They did say that to get the ephemora reward  would be a wee bit of a challenge.

21 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

They did say that to get the ephemora reward  would be a wee bit of a challenge.

Yeah, but those poor MR 0 - 5 have to either get good or get lucky with a team that can carry. Not very fun for them since they're just running around trying not to die. It was a good challenge trying to keep that thing up and easy enough to kill the enemies, but lower players don't really get a challenge. They just get 15 minutes of trying not to die while everyone else does the work for them. 

DO NOT USE ANY FORM OF KNOCK UP(MELEE STANCES,ZAW ARCANES also any warframe ability that does something similar)

Even tho enemies are in the lantern light range if you suspend or knock up enmies in the air and such will make them invulnerable until they fall back down and recover.This is way to annoying to deal with.Also i would recommend doing the endurance run with a party or join in a random pub run,as the lantern light level decrease speed insane if you don't kill anything for about id say 20 seconds you lose from 100% to 0. Highly recommend to bring yourself or hope to get a SPEED NOVA.Also stick together so enemy spawns don't get #*!%ed up and never go for those caches the rewards are garbage.

Don't play khora and use your strangledome unless you want the enemies invincible that are hanging from it, btw.

I'm sorry but encouraging us to get caches for kuva, etc and then giving us... 175 kuva, (in case anyone is interested,) isn't just pitiful, it's downright insulting. I've never felt more like the staff has nfc regarding numbers and amounts in the game that make for a balanced reward than now, and I feel that a lot.

12 minutes ago, xOverGrownCarrotx said:

Yeah, but those poor MR 0 - 5 have to either get good or get lucky with a team that can carry. Not very fun for them since they're just running around trying not to die. It was a good challenge trying to keep that thing up and easy enough to kill the enemies, but lower players don't really get a challenge. They just get 15 minutes of trying not to die while everyone else does the work for them. 

Not every event should be made for new players and also all the rewards inside them aswell.Also if you are between mr 0-5 you prob don't give a S#&$ about ephemera,aura forma,and they could do somewhat the first 2 witch give you the potato and a forma.

I actually really enjoyed this event, other than the bug that's currently happening where enemies get stuck invulnerable even after they enter the lantern light radius.  If it weren't for that bug, it would have been a completely fine, fun event with solid rewards, imo.  Some forma, a potato, a sweet ephemera and I enjoyed the mechanic and the creepy vibe it gave the derelict.

3 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

why do you not see your self winning it?

I tried with random parties and with only my SO. we don't have any friends we can ask for help. we're both mr13. we struggle with the lantern decay mostly.

when running duo we didn't have problems killing the enemies at first, but as soon as we need to move rooms the lantern decays too quick. we can't kill enough enemies while moving around (or the three-four on our path don't fill the lantern properly, I can't say for sure).

when joining random parties we never lasted until the 15 min mark.
sometimes the person with the lantern jumps and runs around like crazy and no one else can catch up and kill anything. at some point he won't recharge the light fast enough and we can't even help.
sometimes it's been smooth for a while, but when we have to move rooms, at some point the player with the lantern walks somewhere else or stays in the almost empty room for a few seconds too long until the lights go out.

compared to the high mastery ranked players we suck at dealing damage (usually we end up between 3-12% dmg dealt) but at least we don't die that often. I don't know what to do better.

My SO tried different frames and switched mods around. I've been trying with rhino so I can safely pick up people and keep the dmg buff running. we don't have such a great collection of frames yet. I've been using the enemy radar aura on the latest runs. for me it's helpful, but sometimes I feel like the lantern carrier simply ignores the red dots on the map or isn't aware of the radar. I tried setting waypoints when there are groups of enemies. still the lantern moves away from them.

I really like the ephemera but when joining randoms I feel like a leech (and it's not even successful). I'd love to earn it but it looks like we're not set to do it yet.

Hydroid has a knack for making the enemies invincible again.

I think the tentacles are lifting them Above the point, and they remain "outside" of the lantern until they disengaged.

***And Undertow.

Both undertow and tentacle swarm are NOT ADVISED for the Halloween event.

I posted saying people were complaining it was two hard, I looked at the write up and though no big deal... but DE explained this horribly
Even going so far to say

Each mission increases in time and difficulty. Completing all three missions in the World State Window will unlock the Endurance node:

• You can extract at any point after 5 minutes, but since this is an Endurance Mode see how long you can go!  

What they don't say is that there is not enough enemies and it is very VERY easy for the speedy counter to run out if you actually look for anything or do anything beside take a ignis/nuke frame and stand in the middle. God help ya if a well intended random teno brings a CC frame. (Crowd Control)

What do you get for "Seeing how far you can go!!". Nothing, you lose everything. All caches are lost, time is wasted, the mission you actually completed and could have left is failed.

smh

/golfclap

Boring boring boring boring boring - oh crap how'd I run out of ti... MISSION FAILED

No enemies, maybe 5 seconds tick tick warning before you fail...

God - this is not "content" All you needed to do was try playing it a bit and say, the timer is too fast both in how it goes up and down and often there are not enough enemies.

13 minutes ago, Weisszahn said:

I tried with random parties and with only my SO. we don't have any friends we can ask for help. we're both mr13. we struggle with the lantern decay mostly.

when running duo we didn't have problems killing the enemies at first, but as soon as we need to move rooms the lantern decays too quick. we can't kill enough enemies while moving around (or the three-four on our path don't fill the lantern properly, I can't say for sure).

when joining random parties we never lasted until the 15 min mark.
sometimes the person with the lantern jumps and runs around like crazy and no one else can catch up and kill anything. at some point he won't recharge the light fast enough and we can't even help.
sometimes it's been smooth for a while, but when we have to move rooms, at some point the player with the lantern walks somewhere else or stays in the almost empty room for a few seconds too long until the lights go out.

compared to the high mastery ranked players we suck at dealing damage (usually we end up between 3-12% dmg dealt) but at least we don't die that often. I don't know what to do better.

My SO tried different frames and switched mods around. I've been trying with rhino so I can safely pick up people and keep the dmg buff running. we don't have such a great collection of frames yet. I've been using the enemy radar aura on the latest runs. for me it's helpful, but sometimes I feel like the lantern carrier simply ignores the red dots on the map or isn't aware of the radar. I tried setting waypoints when there are groups of enemies. still the lantern moves away from them.

I really like the ephemera but when joining randoms I feel like a leech (and it's not even successful). I'd love to earn it but it looks like we're not set to do it yet.

if you and your friend can get on i can try to help you.

Fairly entertaining. But if you want to search for caches you should do so in first 5-7 minutes. Happened to me twice so far that we just didnt get enough spawn in the end because one player and in the other try two players went away from the lantern, stretching the spawns across the whole map. And with the radius decrease and the decay increase, the run can rapidly come to an unsightful end.

I wouldnt want to play whole missions with this mechanic. But as an additional objective, or bonus objective to obtain some fat L00tz in the future, this could be nice.

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Y'know, if the charge wouldn't vanish in 5 seconds and the game would spawn enough enemies to kill between trying to find enough caches to charge the lantern that doesn't register 9 out of 10 kills, I'd actually be able to enjoy this event.

I mean, the event isn't hard. I know what to do. But it's just not fun at all, since all you do is stress about charging this worthless lantern that's as effective as Nyx.

Yeah pretty much, failed at a 13:40 run due to room change and no bloody enemies spawning. Like comeon...what makes them think this event should be hard since it relies on the S#&$ty enemy spawning working in your favour? 

Archived