Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Ember & Vauban Revisited Feedback

[DE]Danielle

I make only 1 ou 2 mission with new Ember. She would be barly good without this damn insane drain ramp up that entirely prenvent us to use her 2.

For her 1. I don't use fireball (and all of thoses kind of power, like Freeze) because i can't have a direct access to the power (not enough button on my mouse, i have to use mouse roll to switch between powers). And weapons make more damage. So, it's more a personnal preference.

For her 2. Good if we could rely on DR it provide. But not fully useable because of the energie drain. The meter should display the current step of increase, it would be easier to make the math to regulate it during the fight.

For her 3. Usefull against Greenir, panic button against Corpus and Infested. But it seem bugged since some mobs doesn't be affected by it. Alas, for now, it's mainly used to reduce heat meter and avoid the energie drain. Maybe should you make it replenish energie (and/or heal her if energy is full) and make his augment remove armor. It would be more universal and make more sens with his cost and the meter's drain wich justifie his use.

For her 4. Should be a 360° power. And why mobs in flame have not heat statut on them ?? And why have you named it Inferno since there is meteors that fall from sky and not flame from hell ?? Something like Skyferno would be more appropriate.

The interactions between the meter and her other powers are not combo that amplify effects, like others predefined interaction of the others frame, but just prevent us to be too powerful. And a DR foolishly upping and downing like a rollercoaster is not suffiscient to force us to depend of theses interactions. In this state, she's just a low/mid level fast nuker frame.

If i could make some suggestions.

For the meter, you may use it to regulate the effect of her power instead of the use of her power. Why don't you make it part of her passive ? For exemple, it may be représentative of the percentage of mobs under ignite state in affinity range ?

Instead of making damage, her ult may be use to combust mobs in range that are not already combusted. Combust is a special state including ignite state but interrupt mob's action, with panic animation is 4s depending on duration mods. Augment may reduce/remove armor.

Then her 1 make damage to combusted mobs relative to the mobs life (~5% depending of strengh) in function of the meter (0%-100% of the ~5%).

Her 3 vacuum heat from combusted mobs in range (removing the combust/ignite state) and the heat may be converted in health/energy depending of the meter when the power was casted then splited between allies in range. Augment may temporarie give a buff to allies touch by the wave.

Instead of raw damage reduction, her 2 may simply deflect bullets and reduce precision of mobs, a bit like Zephyr.

She can be a great [DPS-mob killer] frame without being a map nuker (interaction between1 and 4), support allies by healling/energizing (interaction between 3 and 4), buffing allies (1 and 3 augment), weaken mobs (4 augment), sharing deflecting (2 augment) and provide a descent CC (3+4).

I feel like Vauban's 3 could be so much better. Put 4 on 3, make 4 an exalted grenade launcher that fires actual 3 grenades. You can activate the laser beam by pressing alt fire/keep it as it is right now. But make it so that we can mod it as we want, like Ivara's 4 or Mesa's 4. A really cool exalted grenade launcher for a warframe that could be way better than it is. 

Also, I feel like Vector Pads is pretty much useless. I dont know what the real purpose of this ability is, since it makes you move without control, and its slower than just bullet jumping. Make it so it gives a duration based movement speed buff/reload buff/ fire rate buff, something that we can work with. 

14 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

edit: Another issue with really high range Vortex is that on smaller indoor maps, or maps with a lot of obstacles, it pulls mobs from adjacent areas into the sides of walls and what not and keeps them from coming to you. Maybe vortex should have a line of sight requirement?

That’s what I exactly feel in Arbitration Defense. In any place other than Saturn it is just a nuisance ability. 

Edit: However, making vortex work with line of sight, he would be really easy to kill even more than now. So we simultaneously need strong CC like to make Bastille’s number of affected enemies unlimited, or give him extra tankiness other than poor 1000 armor.

Edited by alseltas

Il y a 23 heures, Judqment8 a dit :

What, how so? With the old kit you could at least select which one to throw, but now you are FORCED to make every Bastille into a Vortex. Or first throw Vortexes and then throw Bastilles which is just as bad.

I won't even mention enemies being automatically sucked into objectives which didn't even make sense in the first place.

I would take people talking tactics lightly though since most players were also trying to kill Saturn Six Wolf with an Ignis Wraith or are basically running around randomly in most missions... Combining Bastille and Vortex is basicallly absurd and should be changed asap - I wouldn't mind if they'd combine it with Orbital strike though, it'd lead to another extra buffed Vortex skill.

So far this rework isn't much of an improvement, anything could help.

Ember mod build is still pretty weird, you need duration, range, ability strength, efficiency, augments, she still need survivability other than just vitality, and even maybe, flow and natural talent. It is too many mods for just 8 slots (plus aura and exilus). Good Warframe usually don't need that many things all together on their mods.

1- Can we have Flash accelerant back? Flash Accelerant gave ability cast speed, which would help a lot with the 4th ability, since you also get stuck in place (unless you use it while jumping). It would give some more power too. It would help on meter gain. But don't remove Fireball frenzy, I really like that mod too.

2- Fire Blast: drains too much heat. If you lose heat, then you lose survivability and damage, plus it is too much expensive (75 energy).

3-  Passive: seems pretty good, but her 3rd and 4th ability don't hit over the walls enemies, I hardly get a lot from it and Warframe's maps are a bunch of corridors. Getting more power means I can use other slots for other things. More gain per enemy with a lower cap maybe, I really dunno, or leave as it is.

4- Immolation Ability: Ember seems that she needs to cook up her abilities to get the best, but how immolation metter works it is pretty hard to do that. A lot of the time when it get maxed meter, I prefer to turn it off than to use Fire blast, because I would need so many Fire Blast to slow down the gain and it is too cost in the end, and I'd lose meter anyway. I can gain Meter fast by casting the 4th ability on nothing, this would not cost energy, BUT, I have to wait the meter to go UP, which is slow, Warframe is a fast game, I can cast more and more the 4th ability to gain meter fast, without losing energy, but then, I'd have to spend the same amount of Fire Blast (75 energy) to slow down the meter but by doing so means I'd lose heat too.

How about a flat amount of gain with 1st and 4th ability with less gain per second, and Fire Blast reducing much less the meter than it is right now. I still don't like Damage Reduction on it, I'd prefer other thing that would increase more the damage or anything offensive (Move speedy, Fire rate/reload, casting speed, status proc, etc).

5- Inferno: Can it have a impact proc, so that when I use it on a visible low level enemy that will die instantly, it would also proc heat on the other enemies right behind but not visible. I dunno if it has, I need to test more, seems it doesn't have.

6- Ember stats: How about a little buff on ember's stats, give her a little more energy and some charges on Armor, Health and shield.

Edited by MPonder

Well, Tesla nervous and Orbital strike cast animations were sped up, but I really don't know why they didn't speed up bastille.

Using it in sorties still gets you killed, so if you want to keep long cast animations on vauban you will have to rework him again, because right now he is not the type of frame who can survive standing still for 2 seconds. 

• Like 2

thanks for Ember rework. finally, Ember is once more, a pyromaniac burning the house down, while swinging a fireman's axe wildly, laughing insanely, and dragging your ass out of the middle of the fire. woot woot she is back ❤️

hope doozie returns one day to see Ember getting her card back. 

that said, i do wish her 4 skill was an aoe around her.  outside of that, i love this skill.  augment is also nice

her 3 skill, was meh to me at first, till i saw the augment.  oh i love self heal, though i'm still a bit confused about it lowering heat guage as it seems to go up so fast after, making me wonder if its better to just click 2 twice to reset it.    still, for a heal i love it.

her 2 skill, yes!  she's needed durability ever since overheat got removed.   the scaling on this could use some work, but the angle this skill is aiming at is epic.   augment is...i guess good,  but right now its hard to judge how to get to max DR when needed.     the speed the heat ramps up could use some work,  maybe letting mods affect it (like how high it goes before it speeds up growth)

1 skill, eh....its as eh as ever. no complaints as it has a role.  but no praise.

passive, love it.

Edited by Amberpaw

Thanks for the continuous hotfixes DE, its nice to know that you are listening and taking into consideration player feedback: 
Feedback for 26.06.1

VAUBAN, THE TRAIN MAN

First of all, thank you for listening to feedback, and in reducing Vauban's tesla charge time and orbital laser animation time, it gives us hope to Vauban players that his rework is still in progress. For the longest time he was my most used frame, now 2nd.

When playing with veteran players (high 20's -28's), Vauban just keeps getting left behind in point to point missions like exterminate. There's something wrong with him if his 'ideally planned' combo makes you wait for a ridiculously long throw animation (bastille anim time wasn't lessened) > wait for ball to drop and turn into bastille > have tea while bastille strips armor away per tick > collapse to vortex while calling laser > wait for said laser (thankfully animation times here was reduced) > wait for blast to get the loot.

Even then, damage wise, that's not as effective as just letting enemies stay in the bastille (to keep stripping defenses) and fire at them with a weapon instead, while bringing tesla bank to spread it. At 100 str, it takes 10 whole seconds to strip away defenses, and that is an eternity in warframe combat. In fact, I only found his animation time for throwing bastille acceptable WITH natural talent, which shouldn't be a requirement; his mod slots are strained as it is needing range, strength to strip, and efficiency. Heck, even WITH natural talent, you can't do a bullet jump and finish charging his 1 before coming down, making him stutter stop while your team ever gets further away. If the only way for Vauban to keep up with teammates is just to rely on throwing 1 ball every now and then and just shoot, then its such a waste of skills.

In relation to modding. Vauban's base stats should be altered. Why? a lvl 80ish grineer (you know, the one you face in kuva litch grinds) can one-shot a Vauban Prime from full shield + full health. Try it, don't put any defensive mod that will add life/armor/shields/reduction and let the grineer sneeze on you. Silly you, why not add some defensive mods then? Like I said before, Vauban is already quite taxed in mods needing range, strength to strip, and efficiency to keep up with costs. Since Vauban was just relegated to CC before, he really didn't need str since his old skills weren't worth it to use as damage anyway. And now, with the very, very slow bastille; coupled with the long charge to tesla, you're making Natural Talent an almost mandatory mod for him to carry. And if you want to be at least decent at damage, you'll have to carry Tesla Bank as well ... that's two mod slots already. Even a frame like Khora can at least take a shot. 

But hey, Vauban wasn't meant to be used for point to point missions right? Right now, Vauban is extremely flawed in static missions like defense. Main reason? auto collapsing of bastille to vortex, instead of just separating the two with a tap and a hold.

Why is that? Vortex's mechanics are quite situational, and there are times where you would want to keep enemies just far away instead with bastille. When you place a bastille and vortex on the same spot, the vortex would win over and suck up the ones in bastille. But hey, I just want to wail on enemies stuck in the vortex, while the ones in stuck in bastille are being stripped of defenses ... well sure, you have to place the bastille a little bit further out then, which leads to an ever-furthering line of vortexes and bastilles, which leads to visual diarrhea/ terrorism.   

Even then, Vauban's vortex makes him a terrible choice for veteran groups doing long resource farming defense / survival runs, even casually. There's a reason why people look for a speedva during those runs, and wisps there shouldn't put down long range shock motes. Make enemies get to you quicker = more loot / more life support. Vortex actually make those runs longer and inefficient since enemies often get caught up in railings, walls, elevation differences, boxes and just be stuck there instead getting to the group quickly. Nidus' larva grab works a lot better since it can be cast a little off the floor to get some elevation, along with it being non-continuous. While making vortex grab thru walls like an inter-dimensional vortex can be OP; perhaps something like the enemy AI will keep along their pre-determined path every time they make a 'not moving' check until they finally reach the vortex.

Bastille while indeed buffed with its armor strip is not exactly up to par either. Its a relic of the past overshadowed by newer frames which can CC much more enemies like Khora's strangledome, (not even counting how well it synergizes with dmg from her 1, and how it has a wonderful pilfer augment). Bastille raising a paltry 10 enemies just seems left behind along with coptering. A lot of frames that can remove enemy defenses can do so either instantly with a high str or in two taps. waiting for bastille to 'tick' them down, 10 whole seconds at 100 str feels just like an insult in comparison. So even If you're in a situation where you would want a vortex instead, you're forced to wait on bastille for the strip. Either keep the strip along with vortex/ have it actually do meaningful damage like strong slashes or make those bastille strip MUCH faster / instant based on str.

4 hours ago, seventhwalker said:

Thanks for the continuous hotfixes DE, its nice to know that you are listening and taking into consideration player feedback: 
Feedback for 26.06.1

VAUBAN, THE TRAIN MAN

First of all, thank you for listening to feedback, and in reducing Vauban's tesla charge time and orbital laser animation time, it gives us hope to Vauban players that his rework is still in progress. For the longest time he was my most used frame, now 2nd.

When playing with veteran players (high 20's -28's), Vauban just keeps getting left behind in point to point missions like exterminate. There's something wrong with him if his 'ideally planned' combo makes you wait for a ridiculously long throw animation (bastille anim time wasn't lessened) > wait for ball to drop and turn into bastille > have tea while bastille strips armor away per tick > collapse to vortex while calling laser > wait for said laser (thankfully animation times here was reduced) > wait for blast to get the loot.

Even then, damage wise, that's not as effective as just letting enemies stay in the bastille (to keep stripping defenses) and fire at them with a weapon instead, while bringing tesla bank to spread it. At 100 str, it takes 10 whole seconds to strip away defenses, and that is an eternity in warframe combat. In fact, I only found his animation time for throwing bastille acceptable WITH natural talent, which shouldn't be a requirement; his mod slots are strained as it is needing range, strength to strip, and efficiency. Heck, even WITH natural talent, you can't do a bullet jump and finish charging his 1 before coming down, making him stutter stop while your team ever gets further away. If the only way for Vauban to keep up with teammates is just to rely on throwing 1 ball every now and then and just shoot, then its such a waste of skills.

In relation to modding. Vauban's base stats should be altered. Why? a lvl 80ish grineer (you know, the one you face in kuva litch grinds) can one-shot a Vauban Prime from full shield + full health. Try it, don't put any defensive mod that will add life/armor/shields/reduction and let the grineer sneeze on you. Silly you, why not add some defensive mods then? Like I said before, Vauban is already quite taxed in mods needing range, strength to strip, and efficiency to keep up with costs. Since Vauban was just relegated to CC before, he really didn't need str since his old skills weren't worth it to use as damage anyway. And now, with the very, very slow bastille; coupled with the long charge to tesla, you're making Natural Talent an almost mandatory mod for him to carry. And if you want to be at least decent at damage, you'll have to carry Tesla Bank as well ... that's two mod slots already. Even a frame like Khora can at least take a shot. 

But hey, Vauban wasn't meant to be used for point to point missions right? Right now, Vauban is extremely flawed in static missions like defense. Main reason? auto collapsing of bastille to vortex, instead of just separating the two with a tap and a hold.

Why is that? Vortex's mechanics are quite situational, and there are times where you would want to keep enemies just far away instead with bastille. When you place a bastille and vortex on the same spot, the vortex would win over and suck up the ones in bastille. But hey, I just want to wail on enemies stuck in the vortex, while the ones in stuck in bastille are being stripped of defenses ... well sure, you have to place the bastille a little bit further out then, which leads to an ever-furthering line of vortexes and bastilles, which leads to visual diarrhea/ terrorism.   

Even then, Vauban's vortex makes him a terrible choice for veteran groups doing long resource farming defense / survival runs, even casually. There's a reason why people look for a speedva during those runs, and wisps there shouldn't put down long range shock motes. Make enemies get to you quicker = more loot / more life support. Vortex actually make those runs longer and inefficient since enemies often get caught up in railings, walls, elevation differences, boxes and just be stuck there instead getting to the group quickly. Nidus' larva grab works a lot better since it can be cast a little off the floor to get some elevation, along with it being non-continuous. While making vortex grab thru walls like an inter-dimensional vortex can be OP; perhaps something like the enemy AI will keep along their pre-determined path every time they make a 'not moving' check until they finally reach the vortex.

Bastille while indeed buffed with its armor strip is not exactly up to par either. Its a relic of the past overshadowed by newer frames which can CC much more enemies like Khora's strangledome, (not even counting how well it synergizes with dmg from her 1, and how it has a wonderful pilfer augment). Bastille raising a paltry 10 enemies just seems left behind along with coptering. A lot of frames that can remove enemy defenses can do so either instantly with a high str or in two taps. waiting for bastille to 'tick' them down, 10 whole seconds at 100 str feels just like an insult in comparison. So even If you're in a situation where you would want a vortex instead, you're forced to wait on bastille for the strip. Either keep the strip along with vortex/ have it actually do meaningful damage like strong slashes or make those bastille strip MUCH faster / instant based on str.

I totally agree with you. All his kits are half for any direction like dps, cc, speed, survivability and so on with poor synergy, making him hard to treat high level enemies. We need solid abilities. 

• Like 1

After playing a whole week with Vauban, and still having some nice moments with the rework, I went farming some fractures on Vallis with 2 friends

They're not particularly good at staying alive (one of them is a bullet magnet) but I thought "it's only fractures, so a mobile defense, Vauban should be fine"

It was a spamfest of Bastille everywhere to be able to lock a few disparate enemies in an open map, combined with a spamfest of Energizing Dash to keep up with energy, no way to really support allies, and a hard time staying alive at moments

So I came back for a second run with Frost with Icy Avalanche... Objective got a real protection, allies too with icy armor, and I wasn't so afraid of taking some random bullets while bullet jumping around

Considering Frost doesn't have that much better stats (same health, a bit more armor but not even ExcalUmbra level), it just depends on his abilities, and only 2 of them that can really protect and really CC with a better range, and mostly not needing to invest in a lot of duration

I thought Vauban rework was to make it useful beyond his only 2 former good abilities (bastille and vortex), it's sad he's still outclassed by a Frost who only uses 2 abilities

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tatann said:

It was a spamfest of Bastille

You want to spam Vortex, not Bastille :-P (and not really spam, put at most 3 in strategic locations around the point you're defending).

27 minutes ago, Tatann said:

I thought Vauban rework was to make it useful beyond his only 2 former good abilities (bastille and vortex), it's sad he's still outclassed by a Frost who only uses 2 abilities

Yes, well since they combined both Bastille and Vortex he now only has 1 good ability. (and it's not the same as having the 2 as separate abilities, whatever people who never played him anyway might claim)

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

You want to spam Vortex, not Bastille :-P (and not really spam, put at most 3 in strategic locations around the point you're defending).

Yes, well since they combined both Bastille and Vortex he now only has 1 good ability. (and it's not the same as having the 2 as separate abilities, whatever people who never played him anyway might claim)

Vortex or Bastille still have the same range/duration and cost. At least with Bastille you provide "human shielding" by lifted enemies, and a bit of extra armor

VAUBAN is my most used frame almost 30%. I love VAUBAN.

I think VAUBAN rework made him better than before but it's just better. Need more rework.

Here is my opinion.(sorry about my English Im Japanese)

Tesla nervous needs more speed and I want them to stay with VAUBAN. Don't want attach them all on just one enemy.

Tether coil have serious bug it leave a strings after enemy dead, its gonna be so annoying and messy. It's not actually pull enemy to the point they stack on a floor.

Flechette orb should hit all enemy in a range, not randomly. And I hope the flechette orb can break nullifier barrier. Cause he really really cant do anything to nullifier. And he is engineer, he he may beat corpus mechs.

Boost pad I like it I can keep enemies away by placing pad front of door and able to control wave of enemies. But its not helpful for boost movement. I want use it while moving and boost my self but I cant. I throw boost pad while moving and when it activated, I already went throw it and no boost. I have to wait a little or throw it so far away. And its s hard to get effect while bullet jump since its on a ground.

Over drive  I seldom use it cause its not useful. It will only affect to one ally and the buff is just around 25%. I think it should place large buff field like octavia 4th ability.

Photon strike I really like this ability but I do not use it actually. The damage is OK but I think Tesla augment is better because its cheaper and makes more damage. Photon strike Augment should activated automatically. If the strike hit more than 5 enemies, shot the point again with no cost, and there are still more than 5, shoot again and repeat it until there are less than 5 enemies.

Bastille should block enemy bullets and catch EVERYTHING. He is designed for CC FRAME but some frame has better CC ability. VAUBAN have to be KING of CC there should no enemy that can ignore VAUBANs CC even Capture target(I know bastille can catch target just few moment) , Ancient healer buff, animals, etc. except boss.

Ability Animation I love it but I dont want it...  One of good thing on VAUBAN ability that wasn't inhibition reload and movements. animation is cool but it made him more brittle.

Edited by yurarito000
  • Like 4

My suggestion for Minelayer

When it comes to vaubans rework, most of his kit received a change for the better. Tesla has huge dmg potential with its augment and in general is pretty good light CC now. Orbital strike deals good dmg and in addition the increase in animation speed made the ability more usable. Finally bastille / vortex strips armor while also increasing vaubans own armor (though it still needs an animation speed buff).

The one ability that remained as a meme is minelayer. Its only redeeming factor is overdrive, which is a pitiful dmg buff with pretty low duration. Tether coil while good cheap CC is heavily hindered by the number if enemies it can CC. Vector pad is basically bounce 2.0 mario kart edition, but it fails in actually making vauban faster, since you have to stop in order to cast it. Finally the most pitiful of these abilities flechette orb, its basically the azimas alt fire but worse. This is all made worse by the fact that vauban has to take time in order to use this abilities, instead of using something more useful like his 1 or 4.

In my opinion this could've been implemented better, while fulfilling the same roll through an exalted sentinel with 3 precept, similar to how venari works.

The first precept would be overdriver, though instead of costing energy it will be deployed automatically after 10 kill assist from the sentinel, similar to dethcube energy generator augment works. Buff would still scale with duration and power, efficiency will determine how many assists the drone has to get.

The second precept would be tether grenade. The sentinel will randomly deploy tether grenades when enemies get near vauban between small cool-down periods. Vauban can also just tag an enemy with the ability and the sentinel will deploy a tether grenade on demand. The number of enemies that can be tethered would also increase with power strength now.

Finally Tactical retreat, this is a replacement for vector pad. When vaubans shield hit 0, the sentinel will automatically restore it and grand overshields, in addition to that vauban gains a bullet jump speed and distance buff for a duration. This ability will also have a cooldown. Bullte jump speed buff will be a static value, comparable to other bullet jump mods, while the overshields granted will scale with strength.

Flechette orb will be replaced by the innate ability of the sentinel to attack enemies with their weapon, like all other sentinels. Also Sentinel can be resumed by recasting it or waiting a certain amount of time, similarly to venari.

This would basically fulfill the same rolls as minelayer, but a lot better while not disturbing vaubans gameplay loop.

I hope you guys liked my suggestion, the only thing I want is to shed light on to this ability before DE forgets about vauban. Cause this ability does have potential, it just fails in the implementation.

Earlier on this thread i shared my opinion on the Vauban rework, now that i played him a bit more i would like to make some suggestion concerning his kit.

First, his base armor is too low, vauban look kinda bulky and he is considered a "defensive" frame, he can't nuke entire room of ennemies and rely a lot on its weapons to deal damages. He doesn't have massive damage mitigation and need to be close to the ennemies to apply his map controle, 150 armor (33% DR) and 200 armor for the prime version (40% DR) would be more suitable for Vauban's role.

The casting animation are too long, currently i have to use Natural talent. The cast speed should be increased by at least 50% or be instant like the old Vauban.

Bastille/Vortex: I think this ability could be improved. There is a small problem with vortex, it attract ennemies behind walls and block them, i would prefer if vortex could only affect ennemies in his "field of view". Concerning bastille, there is a problem with the way it work, i think the ability should give you instantly the 1000 armor and the armor reduction should  be removed and given to flechette orb. If the bastille could not collapse when you throw a vortex it would be nice to.

Photon strike : The current delay (after the patchnote 26.0.5) is a bit short, the damages and the delay could be increased.

Minelayer: This ability need more than few tweaks, 4 mine are too much and there is a lot of redundancy with other abilities.

Tether coil: this ability bring nothing to vauban's kit, he is overloaded with CC and nervos tesla are already a cheap mobile CC, just remove it.

Flechette orb: as i said before, this ability should remove armor instead of bastille, and maybe apply mag proc.

Overdriver: it's not very handy to use and the bonus is a bit weak, the overdriver should stay on the ground for a short duration and give the bonus to every frame passing next to it (like Wisp moth).

Vector pad: There is a solution to make this ability usefull, transform it in Vector shield. It would be an arrow shaped wall that block enemy shooting and repel the enemies touching the wall, the allies who touch the shield would have a speed boost for a short duration.

Nervo tesla: Currently they are a bit slow and don't follow you. When you move away from a stuned enemy, they should leave him and follow you instead.

Edited by Icecryos

Immolate has too much going on "under the hood" that players can't see in game.

When you're at max heat, the drain starts to increase over time, but there's no visible indication of what your current drain is. This means that players have to look directly at their energy bar to track it; the overheat indicator is useless because you can either be draining a trickle of energy, or be draining enough to empty your bar in 15 seconds. And there's no buff bar icon or anything to tell you what it's going to do, you either have to stare at your energy bar to track the drain rate or wonder why you've suddenly run out of energy.

Making that problem worse, the fill rate of the overheat bar is very opaque as well. Rather than directly adding to the bar, her 1 and 4 increase the fill rate, and on the flip side, her 3 reduces the fill rate in addition to directly reducing the bar. These effects all appear to stack, and none of them have any visible indicator. So once again, you can either have a heat bar that takes minutes to fill up, or takes seconds to fill up, and there's no visible indicator of what it's going to do other than staring at the bar. Worse, the buffs seem to last indefinitly. If you spam 1 or 4, you're going to have a massive fill rate until you spam 3 a similar amount. I spammed out a bunch of fireballs to increase my fill rate, then stood on an energy spawn in the sanctuary for several minutes, and my fill rate was still incredible after using 3.

We need visual indicator that let us see what's going to happen, not just the current state. A full energy bar might be empty in 5 seconds or be fine, but you can't tell at a glance. An empty heat bar could take 5 minutes to fill or 5 seconds, but you can't tell without staring at it to look at the rate of change. Give us buff icons to show us what level of drain Immolate has ramped up to, and another to show what our current fill rate is.

I'm also just not a fan in general of how fast Immolate can drain your energy. You're effectively punished for turning on an always-on ability because if you don't micromanage the heat bar it'll drain your energy at an absurd rate if you leave it maxed for any length of time. I think that the drain rate should be capped at 2-3x the initial rate so that it doesn't scale up to the "WTF where'd all my energy go" level. Managing your heat to minimize the drain should be rewarded with better efficiency, not be a requirement to play the frame at all.

• Like 1

Ok, so I was hesitant to even try her after the rework, but Why? Just why? Ember was already weak before the nerf and then this happens?

I loved my little fire chicken when I first started playing and to be honest ember was the reason I played for so long in the beginning. When things were slow...er and I was still making progress with the story and early levels and farming for supplies. And the feeling when I finally got her prime version was like opening a present on christmas and it being exactly what you wanted.

Now she feels broken and weak compared to frames like volt or saryn or rhino, or heck even banshee with the right mod set. I don't think I can use her anymore. Mostly for the lack of her original "world on fire" ability. Just the sound and action of her slamming the ground only to watch the enemies drop off the radar as flames spouted up all around her was a thing of beauty. And her first ability doesn't hang around any more. Which just seems like overkill. Just lower the time it stayed out by half and lower the cost of it by like five points.

And, in my opinion, a better way of fixing her fourth would have been to make it linger in a radius that slowly fades after casting or shrinks as time passes. Oh, and give her meteor thing to gauss. I mean he really did steal her ability and do a poor imitation of it. (Bad gauss, get in the corner and think about what you've done.)

Or leave gauss the same, restore ember and make a deep space frame that can call down meteors as a fourth ability and has it's own special amalgam or sentient archwing or something. That would be a perfect thing to get people playing railjack after a couple months of it being out. As long as it was the reward for railjack missions.

Not trying to be rude or anything, and I know I am just one voice in a sea of players, I'm just upset about how ember changed and wanted to share how I feel about it.

Again, I loved my little fire chicken.

After playing Ember almost exclusively since the patch I have to say I really like embers abilities and how they interact with on another. I love balancing her meter and the visual of the fire surrounding her makes it so you don't have to stare at the meter But the biggest issue I've come across is maintaining energy. I've tried with with her augment and max efficiency and with rage. She cant really benefit from rage because she has large shields and low armor and low health. Using the augment for her 4 requires the use of energy to benefit.

A good solution would be to have passive energy gain based on her passive. The more enemies set on fire the faster her fill rate will be. I think this works well cause you won't benefit form passive energy gain unlses you have enemies to use it on, the higher the level the more energy she'll have at hand. This will mitigate the cost of casting her 3 to reduce her meter when needed and add more strategy when using it since you want to set as many enemies of fire as possible with the cast. 

16 hours ago, yurarito000 said:

Photon strike I really like this ability but I do not use it actually. The damage is OK but I think Tesla augment is better because its cheaper and makes more damage. Photon strike Augment should activated automatically. If the strike hit more than 5 enemies, shot the point again with no cost, and there are still more than 5, shoot again and repeat it until there are less than 5 enemies.

The native damage is okayish but insignificant against high level armored enemies. I wish it also scales with enemy’s armor values or just ignores armor, as the armor stripping is currently too slow.

Otherwise I have the same opinion.

Vaubans photon strike seems to do no dmg to ragdolled enemies

The moment when theyre lying on the ground for a brief second theres not even a dmg indicator when u cast your strike on them, like its ignoring them completely

I have a one big issue with the new ember and that is it being ultispam gallore from the strart to the end of the mission anyone ive met spams inferno like its going out of style and that is frustrating beyond words i mean i like ember but im not one to spam ultis with minimum energy drain , id like to see something other than fire all the time when ember is around.

Was honestly hoping that her ulti would be like something u earn when u have enough heat in the meter of hers so it wouldnt be spammy

5 hours ago, alseltas said:

The native damage is okayish but insignificant against high level armored enemies. I wish it also scales with enemy’s armor values or just ignores armor, as the armor stripping is currently too slow.

Otherwise I have the same opinion.

IMO it should just ignore armor completely.

Also I have yet another feedback on Vauban's 3 and 4 synergy. I feel like the auto-homing mechanic for his Photon Strike into Vortex does more harm than good. It's almost impossible to make use of it when running with full range build as the balls start flying into the center of Vortex even if the enemies you were trying to throw the ball at are at the edge. Not to mention AGAIN that the forced Bastille -> Vortex completely cathes you off guard and makes your perfect 3 throw fly into a completely different direction. Just remove the conversion and let me enjoy my Bastille as I used to.

Thankfully the whole auto-homing thing is broken for clients so you can actually aim your Photon Strikes wherever you please (works only when you are the host). In my opinion the whole mechanic is redundant and does more harm than good.

Bastille:

Vauban is always referred to as the “king of CC”, however his kit doesn’t seem to reflect that title at all. His Bastille can merely hold the most basic enemies (trash mobs) and does little to nothing to enemies that it can’t trap in stasis. How about at least inflicting a heavy slowing effect and perhaps a damage debuff to enemies that are immune to his stasis. It’s ridiculous how frames like Khora and Nova have much more reliable CC methods compared to the one that holds the title of “king of CC”. Khora can hold a whopping 26 enemies in a single Strangledome without any mods at all. Vauban can barely hold 24 enemies in a single Bastille with a steep cost of 200%! power strength. Is the max enemy cap even relevant nowadays? You can always toss more Bastilles anyway. The max enemy cap just makes Vauban even a busier frame and just adds more effect clutter on the map. As if he isn’t energy hungry enough.

And if Bastille being a “weak” CC wasn’t enough, it’s plagued with bugs that make its use unreliable. For example any blast effect (e.g from his Photon Strike) will ragdoll enemies in Bastille and throw them all over the place. Some people will not consider this as an issue, but the real issue is that enemies ragdolled this way will NOT be stasised by the same Bastille again. So you end up with enemies walking, shooting and killing you inside your Bastille (even if it hasn’t reached its max enemy count). The same issue happens with other stuns/ragdolls as well. And while this happens the the whole armor stripping/buff ceases to work. So not only do you have enemies killing you inside your own “safety net”, but you also aren’t stripping their armor or gaining any armor buff from them either. Bastille’s CC should be one of the most reliable ones and not be overridden by puny elemental effects or ragdolls.

Bastille sorely needs fixing and buffing. It needs to work more reliably on special units and the armor strip/buff should rack up a lot faster. It has always been Vauban’s #1 iconic ability. At the moment it’s riddled with bugs and hindered by its weak performance.

I love Vauban and he has been my main ever since he was released in May 2013. The rework really fell flat and didn’t meet my expectations at all. All I want is a consistent and reliable kit with the emphasis on Bastille. I never cared about damage or mobility. It was all about the CC and then using your weapons to kill the enemies. What I’d want to see from Vauban is top tier CC, enemy debuffing and tools to survive. 🚂☄️💎

Edited by Judqment8

I support removing the enemy cap on Bastille, or at the very least increasing it. It made sense before when the ability was an instant one-handed cast, Strength would otherwise be a dump stat that served no purpose in Vauban's kit, and Vortex was tiny instead of matching Bastille in radius. None of those things are true now. Additionally, should this be done, Repelling Bastille should be changed to Sustaining Bastille and give HP regeneration to allies within it.
I also support making Vortex LoS based. The lack of LoS made sense when the ability could just barely exceed 10m radius with maximised range. Now just two of them can almost entirely encompass a Defense map and are virtually guaranteed to get enemies stuck in weird places where nobody can find them. This will also incidentally give Bastille more of a purpose besides a crappy armor strip.

This is a very unpopular opinion and it's thus probably not worth bringing up at this point (especially because I think I've already said it earlier) but I like the speed pad a lot and don't want it removed/replaced, only buffed if anything. However, since people are asking for more defensive utility to improve survivability, why not replace Flechette with a deployable shield or something similar? Flechette, so far as I can tell, is absolutely worthless by design due to its AFK potential and was only added in to sate people demanding Vauban be given a turret. I don't think any tears would be shed if it was replaced with something with actual utility.

• Like 1