Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cy is being very annoying during the missions.

Lancars

Okay so people are being pissy with me. My point in all this is there is no chill with his voice lines during the mission. One after the other. I have the big red message plastered on the screen about an interruption. It's like being told to do something WHILE you're doing it.

The voice acting is great but its really annoying during the mission where you're repeatedly told over and over and over about enemies on the point. I get it. I'm doing my best but i'm being accosted to kill them when i'm doing the mission myself and their is a never ending stream of enemies coming in. Worse cause the corpus use drones that like to hide in and around the nacelle as i was trying to defend it. I was using Nyx at the time and ended up going with khora to just drop my cages to kill the smaller drones you don't see hovering behind everything. It's not even a hard mission.

PS to that one person saying its racist to be angry Cy. Really?

Edited by Lancars
Seeing as people do not understand i have to redo this.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

meanwhile in uh "link"? with navi "hey, hey listen, listen, hey, hey, hey listen, listen...." trust me, cy and ordis are nothing.

Oh i know about that fairy well but she didn't pipe up as much as cy did during a lot of the missions. I'd rather have Navi with me during all my missions.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lancars said:

Oh i know about that fairy well but she didn't pipe up as much as cy did during a lot of the missions. I'd rather have Navi with me during all my missions.

HEY LISTEN ! You can with a titania and an annoying friend ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

To be honest after listening to the characters whining, I had a long hard think before I chose "yes" to installing him into the Railjack and given literally any other option I gladly would have chosen "no" again and stuck with it. 

I mean seriously why the hecc even bother giving us the choice IF there is literally no choice....

Do I want to install Cy into my Railjack.... hell no, do I have an alternative.... also no.... so why bother asking....

Like seriously I'm gonna be so mad if they come up with another candidate later on like 2nd best Cephalon Vull ❤️ and I'm stuck with Cy. I want my ship to be good and murderously psychotic.

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

My advice is that you bring a CC frame like Nyx, ID Loki, or Revenant. The other option is *shudders* taking a press-4-to-win frame and blast the room constantly with LoS ignoring radial nukes.

Titania, Titania, Wukong, Khora, Wisp, Vauban.

you can take just about any Warframe that has health, and is able to kill things.

taking Vauban was painful, as he was not setup right for the mission, otherwise the missions for the parts are easy as pie.

52 minutes ago, Lancars said:

DE you're really starting to make me hate him. COnstant nagging to do the mission. During the mission the constant nagging to stop the scan interruption when you have streams of enemies from all sides. I wanted to run the missons Solo for story reasons but my god you make running solo give me a headache with Cy's insensate nagging.

Ordis doesn't boss me around and chatter this much. Every few seconds i'm like "SHUT UP CY!" when something so much as stick their toe into the circle. Lua was the worst cause of the osprey spam and the spot where the nacelle is. They where hiding in every nook and cranny and CY spamming about interrupts without any cooldown. SHUT UP CY!

Preaching to the choir man. I've hated Ordis since he showed up. 

At least they finally let us mute him without  having to mute the whole game. Here's hoping we also get the option to start shutting  off transmissions, that'd be amazing. 

No,  DE, I don't want to see your 'witty/humorous and/or insightful' characters talk. I want them to STFU and let me be a walking WMD in peace. 

37 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And yeah, I'm starting to dislike Cy too. Thought he'd be a cynical d*ck, not a control freak.

Literally the first thing we heard from him back when Railjack was shown off proper was, "I am Cephalon Cy; you will refer to me as such. On this ship, we work before we play."

If you couldn't tell he had rampant Dom energy from that, I really don't know what to tell you.

36 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Thought he'd be a cynical d*ck, not a control freak.

Can't really blame Cy since he more or less died and we have to rebuild him. This resulted in some memory loss while he gradually recovers them during the reconstruction of the Railjack and:

Spoiler

How he blames himself for his original crew's deaths, deeming himself not viable for a Railjack Command Cephalon.

He knows very well how dangerous the Sentients are, who will be coming soon, so him being serious more than cynical seems more appropriate.

10 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Can't really blame Cy since he more or less died and we have to rebuild him. This resulted in some memory loss while he gradually recovers them during the reconstruction of the Railjack and:

Reveal hidden contents

How he blames himself for his original crew's deaths, deeming himself not viable for a Railjack Command Cephalon.

He knows very well how dangerous the Sentients are, who will be coming soon, so him being serious more than cynical seems more appropriate.

To be fair I'm kinda tired of this pervasive memory loss trope 

I seriously don't understand some people sometimes. It's a part of the damn story, enjoy the thing. Cy, imo, hasn't been nagging me whatsoever. Why would a few lines of dialog trigger you so bad? It's not like it's on constant repeat every few seconds, like, sheeeesh.

What gets into someones head that they feel that a few simple voicelines is perfectly crafted for complete annoyance specifically for you.

They are made and said for a reason.

You don't have to sit here and feel as if you're personally attacked by a damn video game character, because you're not. YOU'RE attacking yourself with your oversensitivity to a NON ISSUE. Ffs.

• Like 4