The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL: What role will you be maxing out or focusing on the most for Railjack?

Gabbynaru

I typically go for a Jack Of All Trades route in games (master of none) which normally hinders me, but w/e I guess.

Unless i see a future upgrade as something that really stands out to me I'll probably upgrade them one at a time so they'll all be roughly the same level as I go up the skills.

If command gives AI to work on your ship and it works in a team I’ll get that. 

But when it 1st comes out hmmmmm. Probably a support role so I can join groups easy.

i kinda want to push to the harder content so I’m sure I’ll just be archwinging around killing things with my millions of damage while the Railjack deals 50 dps.

I'd love to pretend that I'd be gunner or pilot, taking command against the legions of Grineer or raining terror on hapless fools on the guns...

but 50% of my admittedly limited TF2 playtime being Engie and much of the rest being medic tells no lies. 

17 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

so I’m sure I’ll just be archwinging around killing things with my millions of damage while the Railjack deals 50 dps.

I'm afraid Archwing weapons will be running on the same balancing as Railjack guns.

Command unless there's a kick button.

Your Railjack will actually consume resources in order to operate. You need to craft munitions and other things out of the new 4 RJ quest resources to do some stuff. So how's it going to be if you go public? Are other players spending your own farmed resources if you're hosting, or does it take resources from the player crafting the item?

1) If it uses your own resources, how comfortable are you letting other people use what you have farmed? How can you stop trolls from intentionally wasting your resources?

2) If it uses crew player resources, what if they refuse to share them for the mission or if they were careless and didn't farm and come prepared?

3) If the only player able to craft munitions is the owner of the Railjack, you now have to move all the way back and forth between opposite ends of the ship for piloting and crafting, or delegate piloting to another player (Which can now troll by veering the ship away or intentionally towards gunfire).

That's on top of possible trolls who will dance or play Shazwim in the middle of a deck fire and will refuse to follow their orders or handle their given tasks because "You can't tell them what to do" even though it is your Railjack, which you crafted with your own resources in order to host and they contributed absolutely nothing in order to build it.

Edited by Jarriaga

33 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Command unless there's a kick button.

Your Railjack will actually consume resources in order to operate. You need to craft munitions and other things out of the new 4 RJ quest resources to do some stuff. So how's it going to be if you go public? Are other players spending your own farmed resources if you're hosting, or does it take resources from the player crafting the item?

1) If it uses your own resources, how comfortable are you letting other people use what you have farmed? How can you stop trolls from intentionally wasting your resources?

2) If it uses crew player resources, what if they refuse to share them for the mission or if they were careless and didn't farm and come prepared?

3) If the only player able to craft munitions is the owner of the Railjack, you now have to move all the way back and forth between opposite ends of the ship for piloting and crafting, or delegate piloting to another player (Which can now troll by veering the ship away or intentionally towards gunfire).

That's on top of possible trolls who will dance or play Shazwim in the middle of a deck fire and will refuse to follow their orders or handle their given tasks because "You can't tell them what to do" even though it is your Railjack, which you crafted with your own resources in order to host and they contributed absolutely nothing in order to build it.

Having played a game with a situation similar to this (PoTC online), with the exact same potential for problems, there are solutions I can think of.

Crafting will most likely use the resources of the person doing the crafting, which would be scenario 2. And this question does have a pretty solid answer - if someone isn't willing to use their resources, and says so... switch roles. Like, seriously if you know why that's because they told you why, in which case the polite answer is 'Oh, Ok, I have plenty of resources, I'll build them. Take over for me whilst I do that.' If your response to the idea of that is 'why should I need to do that, they should have brought their own'... well, then, you're refusing to share for the mission, or were careless and didn't come prepared... in other words, problem 2 is only a problem if the person 'experiencing' the problem is themselves a part of the problem. Tragedy of the commons, I know

In terms of piloting, the solution PoTC came to was pretty elegant. The captain can always take the helm regardless of if another player is using it.

1 minute ago, BDMblue said:

When did they say this?

You can see this when Rebb is flying archwing. It can be seen here:

Note against this enemy she's doing some fairly low damage about 16-18 on regular and 60 on a hit. Railjack weapons are dealing about 50 per hit.

Most likely, the Archwing's main advantage is its separation from the Railjack, drawing enemy fire and being able to spread damage over a wider area. Of course, that's not taking into account the possible build Rebb is using or potential new mods.

13 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

You can see this when Rebb is flying archwing. It can be seen here:

Note against this enemy she's doing some fairly low damage about 16-18 on regular and 60 on a hit. Railjack weapons are dealing about 50 per hit.

Most likely, the Archwing's main advantage is its separation from the Railjack, drawing enemy fire and being able to spread damage over a wider area. Of course, that's not taking into account the possible build Rebb is using or potential new mods.

Reb is always under modded in devstreems. I did not see her say anything about the arch gun.

I mean look when she goes in a ship and try’s to kill something by shooting it. The damage is the same as her archguns. This is just the dev build that probably gets reset all the time and she’s just barely equipped for the mission.

im sure are archguns are still using mods. So doing millions of dps.

tho if I’m wrong I’ll admit it and I would like to see them say it though:s

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

Default to using personal resources. Public chest you can stock before mission. Private stock the captain only can ration.
That's my suggestion to fix this.

I'm absolutely playing either engineer or tactical, and would take gunnery over piloting.
Putting out fires and running defensive support is my kinda thing.

Edited by kapn655321