Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

il y a 1 minute, White_Matter a dit :

for the first time in the history of WF(save raids) gives players the incentive to play as a squad in different roles

True.

One of them, as a space simulator gunner and another as a firefighter.

I guess I should see it as an extension of content.

5 minutes ago, Awazx said:

True.

One of them, as a space simulator gunner and another as a firefighter.

I guess I should see it as an extension of content.

Pilot, gunner, repairman, and someone has to be outside the ship.

That is 3 different roles as opposed to no roles.

Step in the right direction baby. We have to celebrate.

• Like 1

hunhow and "mother" are gigantic sentient capital ships. railjack has everything in common with connecting the original warframe experience to the new war. not sure why so many are saying empyrean is a self contained mini game. our orbiter isn't going to make the jump to tao, nor could it withstand the war that is coming.

my only gripes are the host migration/crashes losing out on 30+ minutes of gameplay loot, repair system needs to not take ammo, pustrels are too rare, and there's a lack of exploration in earlier maps.

il y a 2 minutes, Furebel a dit :

Yes, the skies are falling, nukes are flying

No, that is not happening. I kindly ask you to look out your window for the sake of your peace of mind.

This thread only talks about a simpler topic. I suggest you read it, and I await your valuable comments.

Edited by Awazx

1 minute ago, Awazx said:

No, that is not happening. I kindly ask you to look out your window for your peace of mind.

This thread only talks about a simpler topic. I suggest you read it, and I await your valuable comments.

It was a sarcasm.

I don't love or hate it. Like archwing, mining, fishing etc. it is an OK diversion. For me the main appeal of the game is the warframes themselves, so basically ground combat. Having all this ancillary stuff as optional is good for those that want it, the key word here being optional. As long as railjack, archwing, mining, fishing, etc. are not required to progress in the game, then no real complaints from me - but I vaguely recollect that this will be required for continuation of the story line, so future Warframe content?

Edited by JohnnyQuantum

vor 1 Stunde schrieb White_Matter:

First off, Railjack, for the first time in the history of WF(save raids) gives players the incentive to play as a squad in different roles. Which has been one of WF's major problems for a long time. Most weapons and frames are basically "do it all." Now people have to rely on team work and communicate. That is a huge breath of fresh air, and a step in the right direction.

And therefore the loot isn’t shared amongst all members of the squad. 🙂

vor 54 Minuten schrieb JohnnyQuantum:

As long as railjack, archwing, mining, fishing, etc. are not required to progress in the game, then no real complaints from me - but I vaguely recollect that this will be required for continuation of the story line, so future Warframe content?

Would bet on it that we have to reach Veil Proxima to unlock the „The New War“ Story or what ever it will be. 

• Like 1

Warframe's fine. You're burned out. It happens. Take a break. Come back if you want, or don't. There's not a game in existance that you're expected to never outgrow. But hanging around being a bittervet doesn't do anyone any good, least of all you.

On 2019-12-13 at 10:30 PM, Awazx said:

However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

This to me is the main turn-off for Empyrean: what I wanted was this clean, streamlined experience that allowed me to launch myself into space and explore the Origin System unfettered. Instead, what could and should have been a great leap in freedom and agency in Warframe has been mired in a whole lot of busywork and pointless progression systems that interfere with enjoyment for no valid reason, other than maybe artificially extending playtime. I don't see the value in extinguishing fires, let alone spending resources to replenish the Omni or using yet another gear slot for a hyper-situational tool, nor do I see the value in multiple versions of the same item, or repairs, or even staying put on the Railjack when it cannot engage in combat without getting shredded. There's a lot of rebalancing to be done, but beyond that it's just another one of those instances where the new content release could've ripped out a whole lot of bloat and come out only better for it, to say nothing of how it was widely expected to connect the rest of Warframe together, rather than just exist as yet another isolated mode separate from the rest of the game.

This thread is a good indication why forums should never be taken seriously.

People asked for actual coop experience? Here it is.

People asked for hard content? Take it.

People asked for sustainable gameplay? Say what you will about grinding 10 same reactors with different stats, it's as sustainable as it gets.

Now that people got exactly what they cried for, they cry about getting it. Better yet, they cry about those things not being forced into core experience. If it would be forced into core experience, people would cry about DE ruining their power fantasy. Probably would be the same people too.

Don't forget to cry how DE doesn't listen to feedback while you're at it.

To make it short, people don't play warframe like it's intended to. As soon as Empyrean launched, everyone started to look for the fastest way to complete it, missing out on most of the experience. Everyone leaves the ship behind because they don't bother to upgrade it. To put it simply, it would take too long. It's not the experience they looking for, it's those items and upgrades. Not playing for fun, but for completions sake.

If you are one of those people, please do us all a favor and don't complain once you got the content done within a week or two. Maybe it's time to stop playing. Or maybe look for another game you can finish in a week.

Conclusion:

Don't cry because the game doesn't fit you. If you enjoy the game for what it is, try to help the developers improve it. That doesn't mean balancing the weapons to the point where you think they kill fast enough. It doesn't mean to change mechanics because you don't like them. 

Every update DE releases has and always will be buggy at launch. We can start here. Players who want to play will and some of them will help to fix it. If you don't want to play a buggy game, then don't. You can go play another game in the meantime. But if you come back to something you don't like, don't go screaming about it.

Edited by X_96
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

This thread is a good indication why forums should never be taken seriously.

People asked for actual coop experience? Here it is.

People asked for hard content? Take it.

People asked for sustainable gameplay? Say what you will about grinding 10 same reactors with different stats, it's as sustainable as it gets.

Now that people got exactly what they cried for, they cry about getting it. Better yet, they cry about those things not being forced into core experience. If it would be forced into core experience, people would cry about DE ruining their power fantasy. Probably would be the same people too.

Don't forget to cry how DE doesn't listen to feedback while you're at it.

Grendel was a hard co-op experience but it wasn't something that gave the game depth or value; it was just a gimmick that felt separate from the rest of the game. Remind you of anything?

EDIT: I noted this previously but there is a reason why Path of Exile pulls 150k viewers at the start of a new league and why Warframe didn't break 25k for the biggest update this year. It's because PoE builds and expands existing systems making the game better. Sure, not every league is a success, but many of them improve the core gameplay and make it to standard. Warframe is way too fragmented at this point and progress from one area rarely benefits you anywhere else.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

Everyone leaves the ship behind because they don't bother to upgrade it.

Luckily I've only ran into a few of these types and not until I got into some of the later Veil nodes. It's mind blowingly dumb. What are these people trying to accomplish? I understand a solo player using this strat so they don't insta-lose, but now we have full squads of people doing this for no reason just because they saw a reddit post telling them it's the meta strat.

I've already had one person say they wished they could kick anyone not using Amesha and Imperator Vandal as they parked the boat literally 25k units away from the nearest objective while we had a full squad. The content isn't even hard enough to justify this behavior.

• Like 4

hace 5 minutos, X_96 dijo:

Not playing for fun, but for completions sake.

There will be people telling you this is their fun which I too, disagree, but hey, a gustos colores

I'm taking my time completing every node on earth and scanning everything, that is what I take as fun 😄

I'm taking my time running Earth because it's comfortable and the foot troops in most nodes haven't scaled to an absurd degree yet so I'm not forced to bring the biggest gun and meta build for even moar damurge just to kill them sometime this week.  Their base stats are off the charts.  My only beef is that most Earth nodes don't have even one boarding objective.  It's like 9 whole nodes of "shoot down 30 fighters and 2 crewships."  Then three where maybe I'll have to infiltrate an installation or galleon.

3 minutes ago, X_96 said:

people don't play warframe like it's intended to

So grinding your butt off instead of being stuck in the same place for eternity is not the way to play? Just what have I been doing for 4+ years, then?

I thought this was a looter-horde-shooter based on grinding.

Oh, wait, it is...

4 minutes ago, X_96 said:

everyone started to look for the fastest way to complete it, missing out on most of the experience.

People where looking for ways to complete it at all.

5 minutes ago, X_96 said:

Everyone leaves the ship behind because they don't bother to upgrade it.

We leave it behind because upgrades do jack sh*t and don't help at all. Leaving it behind is the only way to play these missions within any reasonable amount of time.

6 minutes ago, X_96 said:

To put it simply, it would take too long

Well, yes. Or do you want to spend hours in the same mission only to get nothing out of it?

6 minutes ago, X_96 said:

It's not the experience they looking for, it's those items and upgrades

I'm looking for said items and upgrades because otherwise it's impossible to even get any experience in the first place thanks to DE's failure to balance things.

7 minutes ago, X_96 said:

Not playing for fun, but for completions sake.

I want fun. I can't have fun because I don't have the means to play the way I want due to lack of said items and upgrades.

8 minutes ago, X_96 said:

If you are one of those people, please do us all a favor and don't complain once you got the content done within a week or two

I've completed the first missions several times before getting annoyed to death by DE's inability to get their stuff working. I didn't expect the update to be amazing, but they delivered even less than that. All we got is a paper-mache ship and 2 or 3 tilesets. The only difference is how fast you get annihilated.

11 minutes ago, X_96 said:

Maybe it's time to stop playing

Well, guess what I am doing right now. My disappointment knows no bounds.

I suggest you get your head out of the sand and look at the bigger picture - Railjack/Empyrean is flawed beyond anything else in the entire game and DE's first action was to make it even worse (i.e making crewships even more of a pain to deal with if you didn't unlock specific skills yet).

Heck, why don't you tell us how this game is "supposed to be played" so that we may be enlightend by your infinite wisdom?

And don't you dare to tell me "you're supposed to have fun mimimimi" I'M TRYING DAMN IT.

• Like 3

vor 6 Minuten schrieb o0Despair0o:

So grinding your butt off instead of being stuck in the same place for eternity is not the way to play? Just what have I been doing for 4+ years, then?

I thought this was a looter-horde-shooter based on grinding.

Oh, wait, it is...

People where looking for ways to complete it at all.

We leave it behind because upgrades do jack sh*t and don't help at all. Leaving it behind is the only way to play these missions within any reasonable amount of time.

Well, yes. Or do you want to spend hours in the same mission only to get nothing out of it?

I'm looking for said items and upgrades because otherwise it's impossible to even get any experience in the first place thanks to DE's failure to balance things.

I want fun. I can't have fun because I don't have the means to play the way I want due to lack of said items and upgrades.

I've completed the first missions several times before getting annoyed to death by DE's inability to get their stuff working. I didn't expect the update to be amazing, but they delivered even less than that. All we got is a paper-mache ship and 2 or 3 tilesets. The only difference is how fast you get annihilated.

Well, guess what I am doing right now. My disappointment knows no bounds.

I suggest you get your head out of the sand and look at the bigger picture - Railjack/Empyrean is flawed beyond anything else in the entire game and DE's first action was to make it even worse (i.e making crewships even more of a pain to deal with if you didn't unlock specific skills yet).

Heck, why don't you tell us how this game is "supposed to be played" so that we may be enlightend by your infinite wisdom?

And don't you dare to tell me "you're supposed to have fun mimimimi" I'M TRYING DAMN IT.

the way you post makes me want to punsh you