Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

On 2019-12-13 at 11:30 PM, Awazx said:

After a year of drought of new content and after the questionable Lich system, Empyrean expected as a necessary breath of fresh air that Warframe desperately needed. How wrong I was.

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

What do I have in place? The possibility of piloting a ship in an “open space” for 4 players, extinguishing fires and necessarily using my (forgotten) Archwing. Again, more grinding, more RNG, more new resources, more things disconnected from the true Warframe universe. For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

bruh, everyone laughs at your whines. except when they are all heartbroken that you ARE NOT building empyrean.

lifehack: maybe build something before you post about it next time. 

8 hours ago, Awazx said:

No. Players (like me) who love the core of the game have not obtained what they have asked for in this forum for years. No PoE, Fortuna, or Lunaro, Conclave, Archwing, or now Empyrean is what Warframe needed. DE is wasting time.

63 squads open at any point of the day in the first node of railjack begs to differ 🙂

il y a 44 minutes, tzadquiel a dit :

63 escuadrones abiertos en cualquier momento del día en el primer nodo de railjack suplican diferir 🙂

Lunaro had many more at launch and it lasted like this ... 2 months?

In 2 months come back here and we talk about the state of Empyrean. Many things will have to change so that it does not sink into oblivion.

il y a 5 minutes, Psianide73 a dit :

Blah blah blah...

Just leave, this game obviously isn't for you.

On the contrary, I love Warframe. I will continue playing Waframe, and complaining in the forums about all the things added by DE that are NOT Warframe.

Thanks for commenting on this post.

10 minutes ago, Awazx said:

On the contrary, I love Warframe. I will continue playing Waframe, and complaining in the forums about all the things added by DE that are NOT Warframe.

You've stated that every large update was not to your liking, so how can you love the game?

Who are you to say what is and is not "Warframe". Are you claiming to know the vision for the game better than the creators?

There are plenty of games out there that are not my thing, you know what I do? I don't play them. I certainly don't haunt their forums.

P.S. You're now on ignore.

Edited by Psianide73

Not only the gameplay is unpolished, repetitive and unbalanced, the amount of grind is BEYOND terrible, and worst off - RJ feels WORTHLESS and upgrades are WORTHLESS all by themselves.

I'm not sure anyone in DE actually played through their own game, numbers everywhere seems completely random, from damage to crafting costs, nothing makes even the least sense.

and don't tell me to just buy upgrades, I got more then 10k plat in my account, but if I just buy everything, well, there isn't any reason to play the game, is it?

I was going to write a long and detailed post, pointing out the (many) flaws of the system, but you know what, your game does not worth my attention, DE definitely did not pay a lot of attention when they rushed to release it (after 2 years in development), so why should I?

All and all, disappointing, and not because it's a bad concept, but there's obviously a lack of a critical eye inside DE, as they keep fumbling with the basics in any recent update

• Like 5

il y a 7 minutes, Psianide73 a dit :

You've stated that every large update was not to your liking, so how can you love the game?

The reason is written in my publication, but I will gladly answer you again:

Because those "big updates" (from Archwing) are not Warframe. They are "microgames" or "in-game-games" that do not enrich or expand or improve the core of Waframe. They are isolated systems.

And what is Waframe? A 3D Shooter, probably the best 3D Shooter ever made.

6 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

First time?

joined may 15 2018 , so yeah hes fresh.

Onto the topic , outside of bugs , economy and enemy crewship scaling Empyerean is preaty good and fun , the mk3 stuff really makes difference tho really need to address main issues.

Eddit for tipos 

Edited by bad4youLT

On 2019-12-14 at 12:30 AM, Awazx said:

You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

This is my dream as well!

vor 10 Minuten schrieb bigBiermonster:

Not only the gameplay is unpolished, repetitive and unbalanced, the amount of grind is BEYOND terrible, and worst off - RJ feels WORTHLESS and upgrades are WORTHLESS all by themselves.

I'm not sure anyone in DE actually played through their own game, numbers everywhere seems completely random, from damage to crafting costs, nothing makes even the least sense.

and don't tell me to just buy upgrades, I got more then 10k plat in my account, but if I just buy everything, well, there isn't any reason to play the game, is it?

I was going to write a long and detailed post, pointing out the (many) flaws of the system, but you know what, your game does not worth my attention, DE definitely did not pay a lot of attention when they rushed to release it (after 2 years in development), so why should I?

All and all, disappointing, and not because it's a bad concept, but there's obviously a lack of a critical eye inside DE, as they keep fumbling with the basics in any recent update

it seems you don't play the game how it's designed to play.. instead you play around the game while "enjoying the view"...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

And here I got people trying to act smart and insulting me for pointing out obvious flaws, and that I'm just "hating on the game".

Talk about being narrow-minded.

most of the things you pointed out in your first post are things that will be fixed in hotfixes this week. Thats why people are asking if its your first time going through this.Also, it hasnt been the sole content for the last 2 years they have been working on. Gas city tileset, diruption game mode, 4 warframes, lichs, 2nd orb fight, silent work on the new war have all happened this year. Not defending DE here, just pointing out the flaws in your arguments thus far because its annoying me.

Edited by mrhapps
  • Like 4

@bigBiermonster 

I hear ya...Breaks are helpful if frustration as mounted.

When it comes to big updates like Empyrean, I have found that it's easier on my nerves to let it sit and breathe a bit before delving too deeply into it.

Railjack feels incomplete and out of balance because it probably is to some degree...Gives me the chance to work on GW2 Living World achievements and assorted jobs I keep meaning to get to around the house.

The upside to Empyrean is that they clearly, currently, intending for it to be integral to game and story progression. As long as they don't change their mind, it should refine itself into something nifty in 2020.

Take a break. Come back in April.

They don't know yet how railjack is going to be shaped because they didn't do railjack before. So your feedback could be valuable for them. By the way, AFAIK wreckage parts that you are picking up on missions are indeed random.

10 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Onto the topic , outside of bugs , economy and enemy crewship scaling Empyerean is preaty good and fun , the mk3 stuff really makes difference tho really need to address main issues.

And music is the best. Absolutely love slow-arse gameplay when group of three crew ships with fighters support is slooooowly pushing my railjack.

Edited by 32768

I agree with some of criticism about the game, especially what concerns new IA and enemies and a rework of the core of game (optimizing enemy fight and mini boss appearances for ex), but if we consider everything you people listed as bad, time lost, not warframe, etc the game should never went beyond earth. 

Plains of eidolon, fortuna, archwing, lunaro, kdrive, melee rework, old blood ... everything bad.

If you don't like the game don't play it. Just do another.

Some people just like to complain, others just do what they always do, and for some this is a job.

il y a 5 minutes, C4Mingus a dit :

If you don't like the game don't play it. Just do another.

In this forum there are many people who respond like you to criticism, whether constructive or not. And I'm not sure that these people understand that DE is not interested in the players (their customers) leaving their game.

Edited by Awazx

25 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

@bigBiermonster 

I hear ya...Breaks are helpful if frustration as mounted.

When it comes to big updates like Empyrean, I have found that it's easier on my nerves to let it sit and breathe a bit before delving too deeply into it.

Railjack feels incomplete and out of balance because it probably is to some degree...Gives me the chance to work on GW2 Living World achievements and assorted jobs I keep meaning to get to around the house.

The upside to Empyrean is that they clearly, currently, intending for it to be integral to game and story progression. As long as they don't change their mind, it should refine itself into something nifty in 2020.

Take a break. Come back in April.

That's not how a release should work, bugs are expected, and as you can notice I didn't even mention them in my report.
My issue is with the lack of actual understanding how the game is really played.

Time and time again, DE pulls of seemingly-random numbers, and then fixes them (sometimes, looking at you Hema) after months of upraor from the community.
Something in their internal process is broken, and seeing them fail in such basic things (like weapon balance), is just getting ridiculous after all this time

• Like 1

il y a 6 minutes, C4Mingus a dit :

Plains of eidolon, fortuna, archwing, lunaro, kdrive, melee rework, old blood ... everything bad.

And yes, I agree ... all or almost all the points you have indicated are bad systems. The "open world" is not an open world, conclave and Lunaro are unnecessary, Archwing is a marginal system, Lich was one of the worst updates to remember ... and now we have Empyrean, which promises to follow the unbroken chain of successes.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

@bigBiermonster 

Exactly. Not really bothered about RJ whatsoever until it's polished. Same way as I didn't bother about Archwing and still don't to a large degree, although it's very handy in Orb and PoE.

I'm burning through the remainder of weapons I haven't leveled and about to finish my WF collection fully. 6 years in, still having a blast. I had fun long before Archwing and Railjack and will continue to do so long after, their existence is irrelevant to the core gameplay which is solely boots on the ground. 

That's why I don't understand why people are so butthurt about RJ. If they don't enjoy it, why play it? You don't lose out on anything major by not doing so. The core of the game was and still is the same. RJ is just a mini-game to do when you're bored. If you don't like it, just don't play it. Or wait until it's polished and then jump in.

Edited by Egonieser

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

Warframe stopped being Warframe when stamina and ability cards were removed. Everything after that is not Warframe and will continue to, not be Warframe.

3500 hrs in game, I think i can say something... 

Ok, there are problems with the game mode, thats undeniable. But Im gonna say that I see potential on it, only if they continue to expand this, to Corpus and Infested. Missions need to be more diverse, balance needs to be adjusted, mods system must see a expansion in the features they provide, and finally but not less important, lag issues and matchmaking need to be fixed. Said that, if the work doesnt stop here, RJ may be pretty enjoyable. 

• Like 1