Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you like about Railjack?

PainInTheLain

Even though i farmed both of the new Weapons and finished Railjack’s Star Chart, i still come back for more Rewards and Resources for my Railjack. Plus, the Avionics for my Railjack as rewards too after having a upgraded core, different Scenery and flying around in a Mission while farming Resources. So i guess the replayability of it.

I'm a fan of Planetside 2 ESF fighting, so maybe I was predisposed to this opinion. 

My most liked things are Pilot Intrinsics Drift Maneuver, because I can basically reverse thrust maneuver and avoid massive amounts of damage and destroy smaller fighters. 

My next most liked are the toxin cannons, because they're basically 1-to-1 with the ESF standard guns. 

My last most liked is, again, Drift Maneuver but for another reason. Because I can drift backwards, and then slam my face into the enemy forces at the speed of light, annihilating almost half of their forces while ignoring 90% of the damage they tried to hit me with and immediately getting to cover. 

1) Overall difficulty. Now, it's not super hard, and with at least one more person who knows what to do it becomes almost easy, but you can't just jump into the entire enemy line like in the usual missions and left click them to oblivion. You have to dodge, you have to mind your position, it also requires a bit of tactical thinking at times.

2) It's different enough from the core gameplay. For example, open worlds, lich system, arbitrations, disruption - it was all more of the same. Orb fights and Eidolons were a breath of fresh air, but a bit limited.

3) Overall atmosphere of space travel. I am a big sucker for open space levels with stars, distant planets and asteroids. The sounds are right, ambient music is on point, it's satysfying to me.

4) Rewarding exploration. After the main objective is over, it is actually worthwhile to explore the level to get a bunch of extra resources and possibly  railjack mods and endo.

5) The flow of the mission. At first it is very intense when you are fighting the enemies in the skirmish mode, have to be constantly on your toes (especially when solo), and then you go for space exploration and it is just calm and relaxing, you can enjoy the ambience. It's a nice contrast.

6) I like having a space ship, and I have never played space sims. Was a bit interested in No Man's Sky afer all the updates, but I wanted something more combat oriented.

• Like 1

- Knowing that even if the Host's turrets are trash I can use my Warframe as a kamikaze over and over and over again.

- Archwing Slingshotting into Crew Ships never gets old.

- One shotting fighters with my Arca Plas...I mean Cryophon.

- Cy throwing shade on boarding parties before and after I slaughter them.

- Seemlessly transitioning from inside Railjack, to an Archwing suicide run, into a tileset for traditional Warframe mayhem.

- Being wrong about Damage Control. I actually enjoy it occasionally.

Slingshot - damn cool, especially with the 2.7km upgrade of Gunnery 7.

Artillery gun - very satisfactory to snipe a crew ship in a full rage battle

Beaming! Teleporting back to the ship is and looks awesome - everybody should get Tactical 4 early on.

Blasting stuff with Cryophons! My ship's named Hanami and the Cryophons deliver the cherry blossoms to watch.

Above all: TEAMPLAY - I play with a mate most of the time. He pilots, I gun and enter. We coordinate a lot, artillery, slingshot boarding, target calling, focusing fire. Coordinating a crew ship slingshot from spotting to align for sling, board, kill, and beam back within 30 secs feels very rewarding. 

The last time enjoyed Warframe that much for teamplay was as noob six years ago. It's awesome despite the many bugs. 

I enjoy every gameplay aspect of it. The sound design and graphics department both did an excellent job. It needs more variety, but it feels good. I like how it connects RJ, AW and regular gameplay into one package.

The balance team f'd up big time though, as always. It's bringing the other aspects of RJ down, which is really not cool.

Railjack has brought back a number of concepts that have been significantly dampened in other parts of the game by powercreep, farming and player-demanded casualization. There is a forward progression system both in upgrades and features, making you start weak at the beginning and crawl up into power, really earning what you gain. And teamplay is valuable here. To succeed in an intense mission, you need a squad that knows what to do and how to work together, or you need someone who can tactically direct the squad.

As the Tenno above me said, the balancing is... not great, in several ways. Most notably in wreckage -- I haven't had any amazing hauls, but I've only once gotten piece of new ship gear that even compares to the Sigma series items I can craft in the Dojo, making Wreckage drops feel pretty insignificant. Even their Scrap cost is kinda not worth bothering with, at 25 Dirac no matter how lucrative the Wreckage may be. I think the Armaments and Components need a balance pass if the intention is to make the Sigma series a "starter" line and the Houses to have more of an identity, as well to make our treasure-finding feel more exciting than picking up a large number of Pustrels. This could be added in the form of stats, or in unique features on certain House items. (Also, some of the Components might be unintentionally incomplete. I have Shield Arrays from Lavan and Zetki. The Lavan says it has good Max Shields at the cost of Recharge, and the Zetki says it has good Recharge at the cost of Max Shields. Both of these parts only affect Max Shields (positively), and Recharge is unaffected.)

But hey, it's Warframe. Now we sit back, enjoy and wait for the devs to refine and recalibrate.