The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People are starting to get the han solo syndrome with their ships...

Toppien

playing a part of devils advocate the only thing that is remotely defend-able is not using the forward battery like at all in the veil proxima. A direct hit only does about a quarter of a crew ships health. So wasting all the shots to take out one ship then spending mission reward to refuel it or you know the more common outcome of your own resources because some people like to rush back and refine so they dont lose any of their reward.

hace 4 horas, DrivaMain dijo:

Always add toxic players to your ignore list. Ignoring that player will prevent you from meeting him/her ever again.

that's not how ignore works, it's only for the chat not the matchmaking.

hace 4 horas, Leyers_of_facade dijo:

I would put the other perspective in however.

As someone who typically hosts and pilots the ship, I am totally fine with people using whatever tools they want, so long they are using it in a reasonable way.

Doing things such as spamming particle ram, missiles and artillery cannon when there is literally no enemies at sight is most certainly not a reasonable thing to do, and should be considered as griefing. Sadly the number of times I have met players like that is actually rather surprisingly high, especially when I do the occasional earth node. (it rarely happens in saturn)

This is the problem of most people who keep complaining in this section, they don't realize that if you're hosting a public game, you should not expect anything, if you get angry it's your fault unless they're doing something against the rules, in that case you should report them or leave the mission.

17 minutes ago, FmV01 said:

that's not how ignore works, it's only for the chat not the matchmaking.

This is the problem of most people who keep complaining in this section, they don't realize that if you're hosting a public game, you should not expect anything, if you get angry it's your fault unless they're doing something against the rules, in that case you should report them or leave the mission.

I'm going to continue to complain when Tenno keep wasting my supplies on open space while another races back and burns all the resources on refining them instead of on stuff we might really need, like revolite.  "It's a public game, you chose this!"  Isn't an excuse.  It's the current reality of pub play that people are just selfish and wasteful, but it shouldn't be ignored.  DE naively believed people wouldn't be wasteful and would be cooperative.  That's not how this works.  They should fix that oversight.  The alternative is I start going with in an understocked railjack and I make a bad habit of abandoning the helm to go back to the forge every 30 seconds.  Make sure everyone gets to pay something into my ship that way, and that isn't ideal either.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

i'm a stickler for resources and don't like wasting them but as long as you're doing something productive with them i could not care if your using my built ammo, your own, or your buddies the forges are public to crew members. I'm not going to go down there with a label gun and mark mine with "don't touch" as far as id be concerned flying the ship you could have built that ammo to use it i don't know so i won't complain just do what cy says and don't miss 

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Herisen_Version1.0:

wt? u havent realized  the RJ  is  useless?  😂😂😂

Even waste lot of time to protect the weak ship with  my archwing gun during the game, ridiculous.😥

Must be a weak Railjack then, a Railjack and Archwing working together is currently the best option as the Amesha can slow down enemies and the Railjack can bring its guns to bear more easily.

Edited by FullMetalFox
  • Like 2

I just go solo since my own strategy is to go rolling balls with AW and Imp Vandal while my RJ is parked  inside any random asteroid. I see playing anywhere different to be just a waste of resources, provided the ship gets attacked from everywhere and the one in front of the ship navigating like a total arse,

If i get a competent squad, i don't mind taking the RJ for a ride, but being as it is right now, i prefer saving myself some pain.

Wehter pc or xbox, im ok as long as no one flushes the resources from the refinery before we're even mostly done-
my advice is to build what we need and have good stockups THEN you can flush stuff away into everyones inventory.
Outside that go apeshyte- dont think anything else bad can happen outside OOPS i just refunded the stuff we needed to put out fires XD

29 minutes ago, Herisen_Version1.0 said:

wt? u havent realized  the RJ  is  useless?  😂😂😂

Even waste lot of time to protect the weak ship with  my archwing gun during the game, ridiculous.😥

my railjack with 6000 heath, Mk-3 vidar carcinnox guns with bonus damage buff that sneezes on enemies and they die , Mk-3 engines that boost shield regen, Mk-3 reactor that auto deals with fires and MK3 shield array that starts regenerating 15% of shields per second with a delay of 1.8 secs disagrees with you about "useless railjack" but that's not the point here XD

4 hours ago, FmV01 said:

By that logic, it would be ok for someone to take up the datamass for a mobile defense and run around the whole mission, as "we should not expect anything". Or similar, it is totally fine for a mirage + simulor player to pick the brightest color they want, and effectively blind the entire team for the entire map. Or limbo shutting down consoles, nyx stopping defense waves with her mind control... etc (these ones were patched out)

Doing anything mentioned above or essentially wasting all the resources on the railjack both hinder mission progress, and there is a line between what we should expect and what should be accepted. Personally I draw the line on a player should be at least as useful as compared to having one less player. 

9 hours ago, Toppien said:

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ON MY SHIP!

that's the common behavior I've been encountering lately on public games, i find it funny and sad a the same time...

for example, we were on a veil mission then when i decide to use the main cannon on the ship to get rid of a crew-ship that was constantly healing the fighters, the "captain" goes nuts and starts griefing me for "wasting his ammo" and im like "wtf i just killed a ship that was being a real pain in the butt" but no, the guy says that is his ship and his ammo.

another different mission one guy was just fooling around chasing fighters at the other side of the map (cuz the damn things keep fleeing if you pursue them) but when i decide to move the ship to a more safe location behind some asteroids this guys gets mad and says "enjoy the host migration, get your own ship"

well excuse me, my ship is actually pretty good but i cant host for sht so i end up solo with my ship, but anyways.

the point is that people are starting to get really touchy and possessive with their ships, so much for a cooperative game mode 😞 and i cant wait for the command intrinsic to be released

90% agree with you 😃

10% is about cannon. Some people see there are cannon munition so start to spam without any consideration. I don't like that; cannon is suppposed to be a weapon for big ship or vaste group of enemy (if u have missile swarm) and not for asteroid farming.

1 hour ago, XaoGarrent said:

Stop wasting people's ammo and this problem will go away.

Simple enough.

pretty sure they type of person who will waste others' ammo is either not the type to read your post, or not the type to give a damn. Possibly both.

first of all, complaining about pub games will never get you anywhere. they're pub.

but what you can do instead, is, when you board a new ship, introduce yourself as capable of A, B and/or C skill. least you can offer is clarity.

usually I just say 'i can do crewships or guns, which do you prefer' (yes im a gunner) and the squad takes it from there. I do this everytime and actually have had no toxic encounters yet.

11 hours ago, PhoenixFury said:

I'm fine with people using the main gun and stuff, what grinds my gears is when gunners activate seeker swarm with no idea which direction the ship is facing, launching fifty missiles into the void that only have sight on one fighter at best.

If you insist on constantly slamming the missiles button, at least make sure it hits something.

Eh, I can understand the first time of someone using it, since we don't get a summary of the host's railjack loadout, but yeah, 2nd,3rd time etc, and its a problem.

11 hours ago, Toppien said:

for example, we were on a veil mission then when i decide to use the main cannon on the ship to get rid of a crew-ship that was constantly healing the fighters, the "captain" goes nuts and starts griefing me for "wasting his ammo" 

Please give me the contacts of this person, I'm fine doing nothing and getting all the loot.We need more people like this! ❤️

Considering my experience with pubs in other parts of Warframe that require even slight cooperation (profit taker, eidolons), I have been playing railjack either solo or with friends.

And honestly, I would say that people who get angry in the chat when you "waste" their ammo are better than a full party of leechers on eidolon or profit taker (you know the ones that take inaros and then sit in kid mode all the time).

I've seen that behavior and I can certainly understand why people do that. The fault lies with DE, which makes ammo require lots of resources which happen to also be the same resources people need by the thousands for minor upgrades on their ships.

If ammo required things like Ferrite and Spores, which for some incomprehensible reason are on reward tables of the missions, then nobody would complain and would actually be glad for the help. But DE likes to make grinding as painful as possible, then pretend it wasn't their intention in the dev workshop.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toppien said:

"wasting his ammo"

some people just waste rockets for normal fighters... artillery on outrider...
Ship owner is Captain, i think the captain should get a request he/she can answer with a simple Y or N press on keyboard..

So if one attempts to refine, captain gets notified and can decide if yes or no...
Same for Artillery... and most importantly for navigation.. some people have just forced us to do another mission .. but we wanted to go to drydock to refill....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Always add toxic players to your ignore list. Ignoring that player will prevent you from meeting him/her ever again.

I don't think this works with railjack. I blocked a player who was farming blueprints, you know that guy who joins, sees there is a galleon commander, kills the commander and leaves if there is no drop, or leaves immediately if there is no commander in mission, then rejoins and leaves again, etc etc. Blocking didn't help, this guy was rejoining again and again.

Edited by 32768