Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - Sentient Anomaly Rushers

DarkRuler2500

First off, I know that this is mostly an issue of random groups and I usually go with Clan Mates where this topic isn't present at all. However at times where I don't go with clan mates, that issue is so frequent that I wish to bring it to the forums.

What is my problem? The fact that there are Shedu farmers who just do the Sentient ship (alone if needed) and abort if no Shedu parts drop.

It is extremely annoying because it worsens the game experience of other players because a) they cannot explore the ship on their own because everything is dead already when they go there and b) because it makes our job harder because we have to do the mission with less players.

My wish? Instead of making the Shedu parts drop from Symbilists perhaps make it a mission drop chance if you have destroyed the Crystal sucessfully.

2 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

My wish? Instead of making the Shedu parts drop from Symbilists perhaps make it a mission drop chance if you have destroyed the Crystal sucessfully.

Would be better to remove all grineer objectives from the mission.

• Like 12

That would cut down the mission aborts but depending on the drop chances it would be an even more tedious farm. So the drop chances would have to be adjusted accordingly.

I would much prefer it if the anomaly was its own node without the increasingly boring skirmisch attached to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I don't like it either but I have run over 50 anomolies with zero shedu drops, so atm the only chance you would have to get it in the next year or so is rush there and reset if no parts.

It will probably be a common thing in the new war though.

Bring a Nekros or other looter frame, I got one part almost every run except the ones where the rushers did was rushers do.. They rushed ahead ran the ship and then raged and quit screwing everyone else over in the process.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Bring a Nekros or other looter frame, I got one part almost every run except the ones where the rushers did was rushers do..

If only I had that luck.
I was duoing it with a nekros and ivara.  10 runs and zero shedu parts.

I get that the parts are supposed to be rare but with how the mission is only available every 3 hours and you only get one chance this is asinine.

10 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Would be better to remove all grineer objectives from the mission.

This would make it better.
What would even be better is having more than 20 bloody sentients to kill so that its highly unlikely you'll go through a sentient ship and see one symbolist the entire time.

I mean at that level we should have 60+ to deal with.  Its not like we're running an Earth exterminate where 20 enemies is acceptable.

This is why I do this only with my squad. On the off chance I forget to change it to friends only, we’ll complete the mission (since we don’t know if the random had the quest or not).

I really wish DE would allow the ship to stay for at least two hours so we don’t have the NEED to rush. It doesn’t help that the railjack doesn’t load a lot, it crashes or other things that waste time.

So I do agree with you, and I do wish there was some sort of change.

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds

As me and some others have said regarding this.

DE should just make it so the sentient ship is locked until you've finished the rest of the objectives on the map. It would have zero impact on legit players since they will do all the objective eitherway and it doesnt matter to them in which order they do them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

If only I had that luck.

I get that the parts are supposed to be rare but with how the mission is only available every 3 hours and you only get one chance this is asinine.

This would make it better.
What would even be better is having more than 20 bloody sentients to kill so that its highly unlikely you'll go through a sentient ship and see one symbolist the entire time.

I mean at that level we should have 60+ to deal with.  Its not like we're running an Earth exterminate where 20 enemies is acceptable.

Can I interest in you in everything but the barrel then...? I've got extras.

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

As me and some others have said regarding this.

DE should just make it so the sentient ship is locked until you've finished the rest of the objectives on the map. It would have zero impact on legit players since they will do all the objective eitherway and it doesnt matter to them in which order they do them.

It affects legit solo players.

I'm surprised that no one has said to just not do that node for the thirty minutes the sentient ship is there. So if you go any time else the problem you're having doesn't exist. In fact, why would you even click on a node where an event is happening and not expect people to be grinding it. This is warframe after all.

• Like 4

just think about it like it was an acolyte event, because is literally the same kind of complaint people going to the time limited event on the specific node, in acolytes there is always that guy who get mad because people leave at wave 5 defense or 5 min survival or the one who rushed to the exit searching the acolytes.
Here we have people rushing to grind a time limited node the most efficient way, they could use those 30 min to complete a node or they could try to get what they are searching in the most efficient way.
Due to all node having the same rewards there is no difference between playing that node or another node, if you don't want to farm the sentient ship, just avoid the map for 30 min

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

What is my problem? The fact that there are Shedu farmers who just do the Sentient ship (alone if needed) and abort if no Shedu parts drop.

It is extremely annoying because it worsens the game experience of other players because a) they cannot explore the ship on their own because everything is dead already when they go there and b) because it makes our job harder because we have to do the mission with less players.

I agree with you, as the host / ship captain it just annoyed the hell out of me the number times players would do this. You get to see first-hand how unpleasant and self-serving some people can be to obtain their goal, with no regard for others or the rest of the team. Its unpleasant to say the least, and unfortunately a problem born of bad design on the part of DE. I wish they had someone on their team who would have the foresight to see problems like this, or if they do, that the design lead / director cared enough to actively reduce this type of behaviour in how the content was implemented.

This mission could have been designed to so easily stop all of this, just have the anomaly as its own node that would go live at the relevant times. No other objectives, or the usual fighters / crew ships that have to be defeated first before you are allowed to then board the anomaly. I don't think there is a single player who would have objected to that? It would have prevented so much of the unpleasant behaviour that some gamers are more than happy to subject others to.

• Like 2

Why do so many assume that it's 'rage quitting'?  Because it rages you out?  The optimal thing to do given the level design, is to rush through farming what you care about, and reset if you don't get it.  No rage behind it, just efficient farming.

Also keep in mind there are two things to farm here: Shedu parts, and the rare caches for captura scenes and Umbra Forma.  The ones who rush through faster are probably not farming the Shedu parts.

I think they should remove all other objectives other than the anomaly, and not show you what drops you got until the entire team is back at the railjack having completed all objectives.  This would at least reduce the amount of host migration and such.

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I suggest bringing 3 loot frames: Atlas with Max Strenght Ore Gaze,  Ivara and Nekros.

There are 3 instances of looting:

When the enemy is alive: Ivara

When the enemy dies: Atlas

Re-rolling the corpse: Nekros

Max strenght Atlas because Ore Gaze is effected by it.

3 minutes ago, eboomer said:

Why do so many assume that it's 'rage quitting'?  Because it rages you out?  The optimal thing to do given the level design, is to rush through farming what you care about, and reset if you don't get it.  No rage behind it, just efficient farming.

Also keep in mind there are two things to farm here: Shedu parts, and the rare caches for captura scenes and Umbra Forma.  The ones who rush through faster are probably not farming the Shedu parts.

I think they should remove all other objectives other than the anomaly, and not show you what drops you got until the entire team is back at the railjack having completed all objectives.  This would at least reduce the amount of host migration and such.

Since aborting a mission is intended for if the mission is bugged, to hard and no way of clearing it or for emergency in reallife, i would call those who cancel the mission because RNG isn't nice to them, exploiters.

Ran a few yesterday, got a surprise for two of the groups that just rush for the sentient ship. Let the railjack die. Sure they got the stuff they wanted, but sure as hell they can't keep it. I timed it just right too. Waited until they killed 10 sentients before letting the railjack explode. One of them even found an Umbra Forma lol.

10 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Since aborting a mission is intended for if the mission is bugged, to hard and no way of clearing it or for emergency in reallife, i would call those who cancel the mission because RNG isn't nice to them, exploiters.

normal people call them smart. they are not the ones complaining about drops.

14 minutes ago, Vyra said:

Did DE ever said something like that? i thought aborting a mission is intended to be used when people want to leave.

1 minute ago, Furybone said:

normal people call them smart. they are not the ones complaining about drops.

Betrayal is still betrayal even if you do it smart...
Like getting Food stamps twice, might be smart if you do it right.. its still betrayal and exploiting and immoral...
So yeah, i don't deny the people are "cunning".. but its still exploiting...

• Like 2

Just now, Test-995 said:

Did DE ever said something like that? i thought aborting a mission is intended to be used when people want to leave.

read about canceling quests in any game and its use to EXPLOIT for specific rewards/shortcuts...
DE might be more tolerant, but i don't think they want people to do this...

( only because you CAN do things, doesn't mean you should...)

And its also shameful, no idea why people do this...
they just want FAST fast fast that gun.. they complain they exploit and once they get the desired part they complain it was to easy to get...thus demanding it for others to be harder to get...
reading the forums reflects that a lot...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Ran a few yesterday, got a surprise for two of the groups that just rush for the sentient ship. Let the railjack die. Sure they got the stuff they wanted, but sure as hell they can't keep it. I timed it just right too. Waited until they killed 10 sentients before letting the railjack explode. One of them even found an Umbra Forma lol.

Uhhhhh if they're stupid enough to not see that there is a minute timer and they don't warp back to the ship to fix it to keep the loot that's on them.  Still, nice job being a scumbag for no good reason to prevent efficient looting in a loot based game since that is all people want to do but they can't because the node appears for 30 minutes every 4 hours or something stupid.  It's just like acolytes, horrible design.  Nobody likes farming acolytes either luckily at this stage acolyte mods are basically obsolete so no need to farm the crap out of meme strike or argon scope.