Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Often Does Warframe Just Crash In Railjack Missions?

BornWithTeeth

Its been released for almost 4 weeks. In this span of time, I experienced 1 crash. Have not received any crashes after the December 21 hotfix.

Sure, game bugged out as hell. But it did not crash. Normally everything will get fixed when I manage to return to orbiter.

I DID however, had hardware fails: but this wasn't related to warframe, but due to my dying hard disk (its been acting up for 3 months). Empyrean was seemingly the last straw. I replaced the hard disk later and had not received a hardware fail later on.

About once per day for me. There is nothing noticeably wrong before, at or after the crash, just Windows' Timeout Detection & Recovery decides the GPU driver is not responding and yanks/reloads it while Warframe is running. Adjusting the threshold to 10 seconds does not solve my problem... I guess the GPU is too busy to respond to TDR in 10 seconds! I won't play Railjack anymore until this stops. It's easy to spend 1 hour of Railjack gameplay with nothing to show for it.

I hate Microsoft. May they go out of business in a slow painful, humiliating fashion like IBM. A bunch of dunces them!

When you crash, you know you are definitely screwed. There is a sense of finality.

But when you get a black screen with sounds still playing, or a neverending loading screen back to the dojo, it's like deciding when to pull the plug on a comatose person.

Or when you get stuck in some weird frozen animation unable to move, interact, or fire your gun. That I reckon, is what a quadriplegic feels like.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Currilicious said:

When you crash, you know you are definitely screwed. There is a sense of finality.

But when you get a black screen with sounds still playing, or a neverending loading screen back to the dojo, it's like deciding when to pull the plug on a comatose person.

Or when you get stuck in some weird frozen animation unable to move, interact, or fire your gun. That I reckon, is what a quadriplegic feels like.

How about when none of that happens. You're always cruising smoothly through space... and then you always notice the Windows desktop on your second monitor momentarily turns black before bringing down your smoothly-functioning Warframe game? Then it gives you that irritatingly friendly hardwarefail page, complete with smileys! You've followed all those instructions the other times this happened and found all of your RAM, power, etc... are working properly with all their OEM default settings that you never changed (even though the memtest86/Windows memory diagnostic tests and SMART extended tests take several hours to complete, a complete waste of your time!), and all of your drivers and Windows are up to date too! And then you think about all the countless hours you spent playing normal Warframe without any kind of problems. And then you realize, it must be some complicated combination of nVidia, Microsoft and DE's fault... This is exclusive to Railjack. It doesn't even happen in non-Railjack Warframe games, open world, long endurance or otherwise. It doesn't even happen in other games! It doesn't happen when training deep convolutional neural networks with CUDA! It doesn't happen!

Nvidia has a new driver 441.87... from my December 2019 version 441.66 which timed out once per day causing Windows to yank and reload the driver.

I don't get simple crashes out of no where that often...

I tend to get tell tail signs of lag, followed by severe lag before crashing out of warframe whilst on my railjack... But this for some reason also seems to only happen to me around 7pm in the evening on a Saturday for me... It's quite consistent.. So I don't think it's a problem DE can fix and has more to do with maybe my ISP or something more sinister... Otherwise I generally don't see a railjack crash.

Those crashes that do come out of the blue completely are fairly rare. I've probably had maybe three or four since Empyreon launched.

NOTE: I get black screen bugs quite frequently but I can often bypass those and doesn't result in a crash per say

Edited by Skye_Archer
Added note

On console, I don't think I've crashed yet (Xbox one X) - at least not in mission.  A friend frequently crashes (full crash - wf stops running) when he exits a crew ship out the back door or stays in it until it explodes. (generally he can avoid the crash by using tactical 4 back to the RJ). He is on Xbox one S. Both of us have more hours in RJ (and Warframe in general) than we should admit to.

So some of these crashes definitely point to hardware - either underpowered or incompatible. I haven't signed on to PC warframe in a year+.

My ship is pretty well upgraded so I captain public missions in the first few Veil nodes.  Had 2 missions freeze yesterday at the end heading back to Dojo and lost everything.  The game closed itself  and then sent a report to DE. Also got bugged solo in the Slingshot canon and watched my ship explode after the min countdown (ooofff). Being my own host has really lowered my issues with RJ but theirs still plenty of Gremlins about.  Every play session of a few hours usually has 1-3 technical issues for me.  Eagerly awaiting a patch for many RJ things (still enjoy it tho). 

I've farmed Veil a lot in pubs and clan groups (finished all MK3 slots without using repair drones). Never had any crashes. My over a year old Nvidia drivers out of sheer lazyness are putting in work.

Plenty of getting stuck in things bugs though which is why Tactics is the one I took to 10 first for he extra /unstuck command that actually works, unlike the /unstuck itself.

Wish I could use Tactics warp in non RJ missions, lol.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

for me about 1 in every 4 missions, sometimes its a funny glitch others the game just crash and sends the WAR report to DE.

Now I know the true meaning of the new war, its not the sentient war but the sheer amount of WAR reports that DE have to check, thats the true new WAR-