Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No difficulty

Strider_Alpha

Anyone else lost interest in this game because there is literally 0 challenge to any activity?

Perhaps there are some challenging activities I have missed someone can mention?

There is just FAR too many OP frames / guns now. And there is no incentive to use a gun / build that makes things challenging, nor enough game modes that enforce this.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

The game is one big god of war/force of nature power fantasy, so hard is always going to be the exception.  Mostly I use solo play and a complete disinterest in the meta to find my fun.  I find the styles I enjoy, and only deviate if I have to, even if it means I'm fighting with a hand behind my back most of the time.

• Like 1

Let me guess....

You get anything new, slap on a potatoe, grab your strongest mods and Arcanes, and then level up on [insert level up DEF area here]?

If you are doing this, then what are you doing this to fight since nothing can be difficult doing the efficient way of playing? There is a reason players do efficient over actual playing....what is yours? Time, selling things for plat, speed run, etc?

The thing about games that give you power is you get to choose your route to use said power. If all you do is META, there is no reason to complain about difficulty as that is not what your playstyle says you are after. There is no risk in playing it META. Risk is a form of difficulty that most in Warframe have removed by power more than skill. Take a risk and see if the difficulty is there....unless you don't have time for risk plays?

So what youtuber put out a video with this talking point?

27 minutes ago, Strider_Alpha said:

there is no incentive to use a gun / build that makes things challenging

Then "challenge" in and of itself is not wanted. Ask for what you want, more rewards, but don't pretend.

• Like 2

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Strider_Alpha:

Anyone else lost interest in this game because there is literally 0 challenge to any activity?

Perhaps there are some challenging activities I have missed someone can mention?

There is just FAR too many OP frames / guns now. And there is no incentive to use a gun / build that makes things challenging, nor enough game modes that enforce this.

Thoughts?

Now? Should we go back to map wide trinity bless? Or chain reaction nova? The game has never been hard.

Jokes aside though, judging from your profile you could try your might against tridolons or profit taker.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Now? Should we go back to map wide trinity bless? Or chain reaction nova? The game has never been hard.

Jokes aside though, judging from your profile you could try your might against tridolons or profit taker.

Hmm good point I haven't explored much of Valis yet thanks for the suggestion

Depending on the levels and mission type you won't run into too much of a challenge, try disruption on level 50+ and then say it's too easy. Nightmare mode is another thing to up the difficulty if you want. 

Warframe is mostly a game where you're supposed to feel overpowered, other games limit it by setting a limit on how many legendary weapons you can use at one time. This throws that out of the window and lets you kill one thousand enemies in a mission. I've mostly played Warframe as a way to relax anyway, I'll do difficult missions as well but the nice calm destruction is rather cathartic to me. 

49 minutes ago, Strider_Alpha said:

Thoughts?

Are you doing endurance runs? I find the difficulty gets bad for me, a newer player, after a certain amount of time has passed in a survival for example.

My question is: are the people saying the game has no difficulty just bored fighting level 500 enemies? Or are they staying in an arbitration for 1 hour and leaving?

train skill for real life? use sniper rifle for example.

this game is like old good diablo 2. loot is very important.

buy use brain and dont grind for khora (as example). its better to work 2 days. buy 4k plat and buy 10+ normal warframes or even more prime warframes with it.

3 minutes ago, fuffi2milka said:

buy use brain and dont grind for khora (as example). its better to work 2 days. buy 4k plat and buy 10+ normal warframes or even more prime warframes with it.

You know why the grind is so bad? Because of people like you who just buy things with money. People say they don't want grind, but give DE money when DE locks things behind grind. Which of the conflicting messages do you think the for-profit company is going to listen to?

il y a 51 minutes, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken a dit :

Let me guess....

You get anything new, slap on a potatoe, grab your strongest mods and Arcanes, and then level up on [insert level up DEF area here]?

If you are doing this, then what are you doing this to fight since nothing can be difficult doing the efficient way of playing? There is a reason players do efficient over actual playing....what is yours? Time, selling things for plat, speed run, etc?

The thing about games that give you power is you get to choose your route to use said power. If all you do is META, there is no reason to complain about difficulty as that is not what your playstyle says you are after. There is no risk in playing it META. Risk is a form of difficulty that most in Warframe have removed by power more than skill. Take a risk and see if the difficulty is there....unless you don't have time for risk plays?

Please, stop using this as an argument.

No, the game providing strong gear and you as a player, using them efficiently to create a strong loadout doesn't mean we shouldn't have difficulty that challenge these loadout.
Sure, the game lack of balance in our gears and the difficulty doesn't match the strongest things we can do, but it's not really supposed to happen in a game and that's what most of players call "lack of difficulty".

The game has some fun and vast possibilities in term of modding, but with the current lack of balance and difficulty, getting challenge is only possible if you are fair and make yourself a "bad loadout" to get challenge, that's really weird.

However, it's important to mention scaling enemies level won't solve this issue and the game need a massive rebalance in enemy health/damage scaling and IA, how our mods affect our loadouts, maybe damage rework etc... and it's super complexe stuff that require a lot of time, which mean stopping new content for a while working on it and it imply a lot of stuff, but I honestly think it's necessary to get proper difficulty.

• Like 2

I play Warframe for the lore, the spy missions, the eidolon hunts, the aura forma, the Umbra forma, the newest Warframe, the next Prime, The hope one day Baro will bring a new Prime Mod, getting prime parts for my brother, making my dojo feel like a treehouse, to make sure my kavat hasn't died, I play Warframe because I'm not slogging through three years of Destiny to catch up with my friends, Elite Dangerous is sorta boring, No Man's Sky is too much mining, Monster Hunter means about two months of hitting a Jagras to remember how to fight and get my controller muscle memory back so an Odogaron doesn't clean my clock...

But I will never pine for the days of yore in going three bloody hours for the chance at a Ash Prime Helm, nor do I yearn for region chat to fill up with a-holes screaming you're this or that if you don't play master level 50 every two sentences in order to talk about the game..I had plenty of that from 2007 Halo3 to last me a life time... 

This is why I've stopped using any meta builds when I'm not feeling lazy.

If you want challenge you can find or make it but that's really the issue in that you need to make it happen. But even with that there is still nowhere in the game that even properly benefits from having everything maxed out simultaneously that isn't behind a couple hours of an endless mission.

DE seems to want to cater to both crowds simultaneous but making things that properly cater to those who want difficulty risk hard-locking out more casual players which I suspect would be a net negative for DE.

2 hours ago, Strider_Alpha said:

Thoughts?

My thought is this: When Railjack and the liches came out, people massively complain ed about difficulty and disguised it as "annoyance". I've played with some of those players, which is how I know. I guarantee you that, the second DE releases harder enemies than the level 5 liches and elite armored Grineer, there will be a flood of players posting "the enemies are diffic...annoying". This isn't a game of difficulty. Sometimes, players want to be able to build the right combination for overwhelming glory. A challenge is nice though.

2 hours ago, Strider_Alpha said:

Thoughts?

I'm with you: after completing the PvE grinds, there is definitely not enough challenge to warrant going back to those things. The conclave is the best way for me to enjoy warframe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strider_Alpha said:

Thoughts?

Define "difficulty"

Hmmmm long Arbitrations are personally difficult enough for me. After an hour or so, which takes too long to do it regularly.

ESO without Saryn, difficult enough.

The real problem is - why should we do it if there are no real rewards? I miss being rewarded for my time.