Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens Should Be Satisfying AT LEAST

6-BristleBack-9

%35 multi shot on tigris riven is just nonsense (max rank)

no reason using a riven like that

DE pls stop nerfing rivens, instead turn them into something always good to have.

is there a valid reason in nerfing rivens tbh???

rivens are the one of the few fun parts of the game for veterans and players who hooked in wf but everytime you guys said ''we are balancing rivens'' and then nerfed every single one of them.

people told me ''rubico and catchmoon is meta, and they trying to change meta and you cry because you are a meta wh*re'' when i ask why.

seriously 😞

who cares if meta changes???? WHO? change meta, give player many more viable tools, noone will ever cry i tell you.

meta is, for me, the thing that finish the job fastest. in a grindy and repetative game like warframe ofcourse you must have some op weapons that helps you much more than regular ones.

but nerfing rivens is nothing to do with meta.

if DE were to buff a lot more of different weapon rivens instead of nerf, then that arguement would be logical. i could understand when people say ''pfff, my good ol catchmoon is not as popular as used to be now *sigh*''

nerfing rivens is about killing the fun and players efforts in the blink of an eye.

warframe experience over one year

build catchmoon > find it really enjoyable > also find it that it becomes an alpha male with a good riven > get a catchmoon riven from gift from the lotus > farm 200 k kuva (so hard to farm, no nightwave offering/arbi offering) > roll near 40 times > get 180 cc 150 dmg decent catchmoon with no negative > still awesome and enjoayble > everyone having fun with catchmoons > DE sees it and decides killing catchmoon instead of making* other weapons as fun as catchmoon > kills fun > stats are so much lower now > loses its purpose cause you can't reach red crits anymore with mods > sees that most of the people i play with leaves the game cuz their effort they put in to get a decent riven is wasted > clan dies > i sold my riven for 1.5 k plat then i quit too > came 10 months later > first inbox message i get is a legendary core > second is another riven nerf* > commit a violent sudoku > 50 million registered players but clan still dead > my friend last online 344 days > clap DE for amazing decisions

lowest stat should be like 100 even in the most op weapons' riven. give other unpopular weapons' rivens huge stats like never seen before. lato sati-critata 666% ms 666%cc and cd so that you can summon void demons into your weapon.

* -> edited and corrected

Edited by 6-BristleBack-9

lets be honest here.

The whole MOD system in warframe is super restricting in almost every aspect.

you have 8 base spots on a grid, pets and sentinels excluded, to play around with.

1 is basically locked to the damage mod, and then followed by the usual ones, crit chance/ damage, multishot, range, health, ect.

so you are pretty much locked into using the same mods over and over with little to no flexibility.

As i play this game longer the more i despise pretty much how extremely small the pool of mods to pull from is. Even when new mods come out i dont use them unless they boost the aforementioned stats.....

Questions like "why isnt reload speed a exilis slot mod?" or "why is this warfame ability mod taking up a spot that i need for my usual mods?".

DE should think about adding a separate riven slot for each weapon, and 4 ability mod slots for each warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

DE should think about adding a separate riven slot for each weapon, and 4 ability mod slots for each warframe.

Maybe someday the modding grid can be reworked! 8 slots for any mod always ends up being using the same mods over and over.

If you only try to use Rivens on weapons where the Rivens have low stat boosts then you're using Rivens wrong. The fact that Rivens can be obtained for top-tier weapons at all is a fault in the system.

Rivens are designed to make low/mid tier (or less popular) weapons viable for high-tier missions. Catchmoon and Tigris aren't those. Try out all the Rivens you got for other guns while you farmed for the meta Rivens and you'll start getting some insane stats. I've got a Synapse Riven that makes it orange-crit on every shot, and a Dragon Nikana Riven that makes it even better than the best possible Nikana Prime Rivens.

Use the system properly, you don't even need more damage on the best guns in the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

What they should do is sort out what things end up being flat upgrades (flat damage and multishot mainly, but also elemental mods in a way) and consolidate those into innate weapon buffs, unlocked via some means, be it weapon levelling progression, pumping Endo into a weapon, bringing back the old skill trees, even a different mod page designated for them. The modding system is so restrictive right now largely because it's sharing the same space as the invisible "upgrade" system. Even if you added more slots, you'd likely end up with most people throwing in more "upgrade" mods—elemental mods, dual-stat mods, multishot mods, the Acolyte mods, and so on and so forth. It might lessen the symptoms with those sorts of mods becoming less important the more slots get added (the usability pool has to run dry at some point), but that addresses symptoms, not illness.

That's my take, at least.

Edited by Tyreaus

1 hour ago, ES-Flinter said:

But the normal primary mulitshot mod gives only +90%.🤔🤔🤔

normal primary ms mod is not purple/pinkyish so not as cool as rivens

all rivens should be badass imo

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

If you only try to use Rivens on weapons where the Rivens have low stat boosts then you're using Rivens wrong. The fact that Rivens can be obtained for top-tier weapons at all is a fault in the system.

Rivens are designed to make low/mid tier (or less popular) weapons viable for high-tier missions. Catchmoon and Tigris aren't those. Try out all the Rivens you got for other guns while you farmed for the meta Rivens and you'll start getting some insane stats. I've got a Synapse Riven that makes it orange-crit on every shot, and a Dragon Nikana Riven that makes it even better than the best possible Nikana Prime Rivens.

Use the system properly, you don't even need more damage on the best guns in the game.

nah, im not using low stat rivens at all, my point was there is literally no reason use low stat rivens for op weapons, yet those rivens are exist.

yeah so i heard that about why DE made rivens in the first place, and i tried some rivens for low tier weapons (akmagnus/plasma sword) and oh boy, i can assure you, rivens doesn't turn them into viable options at all. I can't imagine using akmagnus even with high stat ms / cc / impact riven and finding it useful.

first godlike riven i got is an aksomati riven that i bought for 20 p. i rolled it one time and get 300+ dmg 280~cc 3.2 pt and 99 negative projectile flight speed. I was so joyful that i get a good riven for the first time and immediately build an aksomati and used 4 formas on it. Well that weapon with that riven one shots anything that under 65 lvl and immediately starts struggling over 65 lvl enemies. You can't kill a 70lvl bombard without shooting 20 bullets and can't kill 100 lvl one without spraying whole mag. (But i still miss those times, basic > prime)

Right now we got aksomati prime and my aksomati riven that im keeping for nearly 2 years doesn't help much in the way as it used to.

Stats decreased to 214 dmg 150~(actually i forgot exact stat but pretty low compared to time i got my hands on)cc and 3.4 pt (this stat increased wtf) and 68% pfs. on aksomati prime you can't one shot heavy units under 65 but keeps you going to 100 lvl well, then again it starts struggling. You can't kill heavy mobs (espacially corpus techs) without shooting the whole mag. Now now, is aksomati high tier weapon? is that its rivens nerfed that much? i know it sucks in high tier missions even with rivens. Yet DE nerfed it like it is op.

You use synapse that do orange crits but how efficient that gun is? how fast you can kill 100+ mobs? Fast as non riven using high tier weapons?

Not gonna lie, i have yet to see a riven turns a low tier/bad weapon into a viable one.

Sure it turns some mid tier one into actual viable options (grinlok for example, so satisfying) but never see a low tier becomes good with a nice riven.

And actually, i don't think rivens should be called a system where you can use it properly. It is just an another DE scam. oh people sure loves rolling rivens on low tier weapons to get godlike stats do they... do they?

Get baza prime, use best godlike riven, still thrash.

Get catchmoon, use a decent riven that you bought for 100 p, satisfying. Not because you didn't use system properly but even that weapon struggles at some point and a riven really helps. (im not a kekmoon freak im just using it as example, yes, not because i got 8 forma catchmoon or  not because it is on my mind all the time, f again)

Get tysis, use best godlike riven, not good but enjoyable, i liked it.

Get rubico, use a godlike riven that only helps you with eidolon hunt even though lanka better option to it, though you don't care if its op or not you just enjoy it maybe, resulsts are satisfying and you know nerfs not gonna stop (another f for my other budd who sold his rubico riven and quit playing game around that time)(i never had a rubico riven btw this is just an another popular weapon example)

Get despair, use best riven around, thrash.

Get tigris, don't even use its riven just transmute lul.

Riven system : makes op weapons much enjoyable but doesn't work on bad weapons as it should be. +300% stats are not even high for low tier weapons. you eventually run out of ammo before killing someone lul. Yes you don't need them on op weapons but having them makes things even better, which is appealing.

sorry for long reply but i have still got some hatred for DE i must let out😛

3 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

A better thing to do would be to nuke lootb-err, rivens from orbit. The game didn't need 'em to begin with and regardless of how much power they might bring to a weapon, they're boring pseudo-options at best.

I agree...

If you know how to play warframe, you don't need riven.

I kill 20 bombard eximus lvl 165 in less than 30 sec without riven (with AI enabled and invincibility disabled)

Do you know how?

Simply, I use warframe powers... after all,  the game is called Warframe, not Riven (that was another awesome game)..

Riven mod was a system designed to put a patch on unbalanced weapons because there were too many and developers didn't had timet to work on it.

But, now that melee are balanced (hopefully firearms also this year) those are stronger without rivens.

I say that because I have a Gram riven (dam and attk speed) but the blade is stronger without it. (I do 1h survival solo arbritation without problem if I don't have riven... With it I have to stop at 50 min...)

In the end, if you know how to use warframes and how to properly build warframes and weapons, rivens become detrimental, in my opinion...

And, btw, catchmoon was to much OP even without rivens... I stop using that weapon (I have a riven with CC and CD) some time before they nerfed it because I started to find it too much boring... There was no fun in melting mob of enemies with a shot...

Edited by (PS4)Tekikko
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 6-BristleBack-9 said:

%35 multi shot on tigris riven is just nonsense (max rank)

no reason using a riven like that

DE pls stop nerfing rivens, instead turn them into something always good to have.

is there a valid reason in nerfing rivens tbh???

rivens are the one of the few fun parts of the game for veterans and players who hooked in wf but everytime you guys said ''we are balancing rivens'' and then nerfed every single one of them.

people told me ''rubico and catchmoon is meta, and they trying to change meta and you cry because you are a meta wh*re'' when i ask why.

seriously 😞

who cares if meta changes???? WHO? change meta, give player many more viable tools, noone will ever cry i tell you.

meta is, for me, the thing that finish the job fastest. in a grindy and repetative game like warframe ofcourse you must have some op weapons that helps you much more than regular ones.

if DE were to buff a lot more of different weapon rivens instead of nerf, then that arguement would be logical. i could understand when people say ''pfff, my good ol catchmoon is not as popular as used to be now *sigh*''

nerfing rivens is about killing the fun and players efforts in the blink of an eye.  

warframe experience over one year

build catchmoon > find it really enjoyable > also find it that it becomes an alpha male with a good riven > get a catchmoon riven from gift from the lotus > farm 200 k kuva (so hard to farm, no nightwave offering/arbi offering) > roll near 40 times > get 180 cc 150 dmg decent catchmoon with no negative > still awesome and enjoayble > everyone having fun with catchmoons > DE sees it and decides killing catchmoon instead makes other weapons as fun as catchmoon > kills fun > stats are so much lower now > loses its purpose cause you can't reach red crits anymore with mods > sees that most of the people i play with leaves the game cuz their effort they put in to get a decent riven is wasted > clan dies > i sold my riven for 1.5 k plat then i quit too > came 10 months later > first inbox message i get is a legendary core > second is another riven nerf* > commit a violent sudoku > 50 million registered players but clan still dead > my friend last online 344 days > clap DE for amazing decisions

lowest stat should be like 100 even in the most op weapons' riven. give other unpopular weapons' rivens huge stats like never seen before. lato sati-critata 666% ms 666%cc and cd so that you can summon void demons into your weapon.

* -> edited and corrected

Rivens were also some of my final end game things I can keep  playing. DE nerfs it and kills it. The stats should be locked  after  each roll and not affected by disposition change. On top of that, nerfing all the time is  intolerable. Why is actually designing this? It is totally against player psychology and only  drives players away few % at a time.  

By the way, DE has been doing this for almost 2 years.  Non-sense. Driving players away. 

Edited by George_PPS

19 hours ago, 6-BristleBack-9 said:

Stated reason for Riven changes; Popularity of the weapon combined with actual power of the weapon.

Point in this argument; Rivens do actually get buffed. In fact, during the last few Riven adjustments, roughly an even amount of Rivens got buffed as got nerfed.

Further point in this argument: DE actually have stated that in the future the variants of each weapon will soon be counted separately too, so a Tigris Riven will potentially affect the base Tigris more than it affects the Sancti or the Prime variant. Because the base is less popular than the Prime and less powerful than the Prime.

What this does is mean that Rivens are completely debatable for use on Meta weapons, because the Meta is... wait for it... Based on the most powerful and therefore is actually popular. And the more popular a Riven-buffed version of a weapon continues to be, the more it will keep getting nerfed.

Meanwhile the less popular weapons, which are less popular because they don't have as much damage or utility or actual affect on enemies, will get buffed Rivens, meaning that they will actually become more viable and more popular because of that.

The ultimate goal? To make it possible for all players to be able to choose their weapon on preference and make it a viable choice just by investing in a Riven that's rolled to their preferences. If this means that, ultimately, a Tigris Prime has absolutely no benefit whatsoever from a Riven? Fine. That's absolutely fine.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Further point in this argument: DE actually have stated that in the future the variants of each weapon will soon be counted separately too, so a Tigris Riven will potentially affect the base Tigris more than it affects the Sancti or the Prime variant. Because the base is less popular than the Prime and less powerful than the Prime.

This has already happened. My Tigris roll went up to 98% multi shot, but it’s till 83% when equipped on Tigris Prime. Same goes for the rest. Well, other than melee. Melees disposition hasn’t been changed at all yet, and is coming in the next round. 

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Rivens do actually get buffed. In fact, during the last few Riven adjustments, roughly an even amount of Rivens got buffed as got nerfed.

Meanwhile the less popular weapons, which are less popular because they don't have as much damage or utility or actual affect on enemies, will get buffed Rivens, meaning that they will actually become more viable and more popular because of that.

yeah some rivens got buffed... their dispositions are now higher like... 0.05 point.... Balancing 👌👌👌 now every riven buffed weapon is viable now, right.

if not, well, DE can give another 0.05 point increase in their dispostion power and after that im 100% sure they will become absolutely viable.

as those weapons' rivens, i mean... wait for it... META™ weapons' riven, it is fine if they turned out to be useless now. Just turn your 120+ rolled META™ rivens into endo, :satisfied:. It is a sin having those rivens in the first place. They exist but they should be completely useless in DE's opinion.

I honestly don't know why people thinks exactly as DE but... shouldn't this be like this -> before nerfing viable weapon's(aka META™) rivens, make other ones viable(aka META™).

before nerfing(killing) catchmoon, wouldn't turning a couple of other secondaries viable choices as catchmoon(or tombfinger) logical process of balancing META™?'

well it is not about meta and honestly i couldn't care less about changing meta.

meta ➡️ most powerful ✖️

meta ➡️ most viable choice in terms of efficiency ✔️

proof ➡️ ever seen 5x3 squads using Opticor which is most powerful primary by far.

26 minutes ago, 6-BristleBack-9 said:

as those weapons' rivens, i mean... wait for it... META™ weapons' riven, it is fine if they turned out to be useless now. Just turn your 120+ rolled META™ rivens into endo, :satisfied:. It is a sin having those rivens in the first place. They exist but they should be completely useless in DE's opinion.

I honestly don't know why people thinks exactly as DE but... shouldn't this be like this -> before nerfing viable weapon's(aka META™) rivens, make other ones viable(aka META™).

Let's be realistic here.  If your riven has a little bit less power, that doesn't mean that it's now useless.  They are still powerful mods that can grant multiple bonuses to weapons.

Also, other weapons are viable already.  Nerfing a weapon that is far and away more powerful than the others and bringing it in line with other viable weapons is what balancing is.  Balance would not be to make all the weapons so powerful that each and every weapon is capable of trivializing the game.  I get that your efficiency will necessarily decrease to some extent when a riven/weapon is made less powerful, but efficiency is not the way we should be measuring the game.  If efficiency is the end goal, then it begs the question what it is that you need to be efficient for?  It is not an end in itself.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
grammar

1 hour ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

If your riven has a little bit less power, that doesn't mean that it's now useless.

*me cries in unreachable red crits*

definetely true that it may doesn't mean it's now useless but sometimes you get one less aspect of recognization in your hands.

Edited by 6-BristleBack-9
added one more line

Couldn't have said it better myself. Raise the max Riven dispo so that trash tier weapons become good and meta(strong weapons) remain strong as well. There is no reason to nurf everything in a PVE game literally kills the fun and makes your grind worthless if you buy/roll Rivens and dedicate your personal time for it to get nurfed. It's not league of legends or something. It's better to have more op weapons than trash tier weapons. Btw more than half the weapons are trash tier right now and need major buffs. Your idea is good because the insane riven for trash weapons would make them good, while average Rivens on strongest weapons is also ok after all the grineer will not complain while getting massacred. It's PVE not PvP and you should treat it as such DE.

Edited by Jadous

The reason why Rivens aren't satisfying is because unless they are on a super broken OP and make the super OP weapon even more OP they are useless?

That reasoning shows exactly why Rivens failed in DE's initial intention, they only serve weapons with the base stats to boost in the first place and are useless on anything that can't exploit a massive disposition.

Riven mods won't be satisfying because they don't actually achieve anything but making the OP more OP and the few middle tier weapons decent.

Which is why people groan and roll their eyes when they see their veiled Riven roll as a Dual Toxocyst or some other equally disappointing weapon or pitch a fit when their "I can kill a level 700 Grineer in one shot" riven gets nuked into the ground.

The disparity between weapons has become even more noticeable now that even some of the most mediocre Melee weapons are stronger than the guns they occupied the same space with, the Stug is as bad as ever but something comparable like the Pangolin Sword is now at least usable past Saturn with even basic mods.

The balance of the game shouldn't suffer just because people want to see 8 digit numbers popping out of enemies.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1