Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

1 hour ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

And this is exactly why I don't post on forums. Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

I'm all for making the game better with discussion and generally thought out improvements, but as other people pointed out your reasoning for it is just poor dude. 😕 

• Like 2

Allrighty then lets makes something clear here.

I want cross save , you want cross save , even DE staff wants cross save.

They are working on how they can implement it with Sony , Microsoft and Nintendo existing contract because I think part of the money from plat bought on a platform goes to the said paltform. 

Will it be having plat linked to the platform you bought it on . Lets say XBox Plat , PS Plat , Nintendo plat and those can only be spent on the respective platforms ?

Who knows ^.^  all we know is that at the moment all tenno wants it and i'm not against it either ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

DE has stated repeatedly that cross-save is something they are looking at and scoping out. However, the current state of the game (divergences across platforms, etc) make implementing cross-save a significant technical challenge, to say nothing of how various inconsistencies would have to be resolved. I can say for a fact that implementing something like that into an established piece of software seven years down the line is... nontrivial.

1 hour ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

And this is exactly why I don't post on forums. Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

Noone is defending the game though. This is a topic that pops up constantly for one. Two, literally everyone in this thread tells you why it's not implemented, the S#&$ty "easy solution" you provided is not a solution and it. is. not. that. easy. Literally common sense should tell you the difficulty to implement cross save by the mere fact that PC and Consoles are on different versions of the game. DE is at least working on it.

Reasoning honestly shouldn't be required. Plus, DE is a big company. They should be able to sync all the updates across platforms and *not* have them be buggy messes. It isn't something that'll happen overnight because it was talked about for months. The frequency of this topic should only aim to enhance how much people want it.

Plus, Destiny having it wasn't a reason. It was just proof that DE needs to step up. They have 300 people at their studio. That's a lot of people! Besides that, consoles are likely to allow data transferal. Xbox specifically (sony is kind of a C*** i believe). Cross-play is becoming more and more apparent as the years go on so it's only a matter of time before they actually do just to keep up (which they kind of suck at doing) with the competition.

Let's not.

First, Destiny is not the main competitor, that's hilariously wrong. 

Second, there are things called "console exclusives" that prevent cross save 90% of the time.

Third, it's a lot of work that would be better off put into new content and stabilizing current content. 

Long story short, no. Maybe a catch up save here and there moving to PC like they did before, but that's about it.

Does warframe support crossplay?

Ive been playing warframe on PS4 for quite a while now and I have progressed alot, but now I have a PC and I just wanted to try warframe on pc since having great graphics qualtiy plays a huge role in video games. So do I have to start over again since I am moving from a different platform? (I hope not)

Lets go down that Destiny 2 rabbit hole..... Firstly it was designed from the ground up with the intention of handling it that way and secondly IT IS ONLY ON TWO PLATFORMS. 

But Oreades you say, it is on Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Windows and Sony Playstation...... do you see that pattern emerging, the company that at the time owned the studio that made Destiny 2 (Microsoft) wanted it on both of their platforms and had enough clout behind the title to push Sony into complying or being left out in the cold. 

Do you know how many of the four platforms that Warframe is on that DE owns? Cause it's zero, so they are fighting an uphill battle with three companies that DO NOT like to play nice with each other.

I'm imagining it's also a bit of a catch 22 scenario where none of those three walled gardens is going to budge unless DE can prove to them that they somehow benefit from cross-save, which is functionally an always on account transfer. Which DE isn't going to be able to do without having some infrastructure in place to facilitate said transfers, which they are not inclined to put the investment into unless there is a guarantee that there will be an ROI in the form of three petulant children agreeing to share their wallets err playerbase.

Really tho what does cross save get Warframe at large? What benefit does it bring to the game? Unless Warframe was strait up dying and they needed to essentially pull the P2P equivalent of an MMO compressing down their servers, there really doesn't seem to be a major upside for anyone outside of the small percentage of the community that want's to jump ship on their current platform for another. 

I would see cross-play as a much more realistic possibility because it keeps the captive audience captive and that is something I could see the console manufacturers agreeing to far more readily than I would see them opening up the floodgates to the potential of losing large chunks of their current playerbase. 

14 hours ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

You imply a game is in a horrible state when it isn't and suggest something that is incredibly difficult to do which wouldn't even solve any issues.

Don't get upset just because people disagree with it.

Edited by AdunSaveMe
  • Like 5

i find the cross save should be exclusively only to pc if you have a character on lets say switch its easier to import the files from the switch to the pc than doing it retroactively because its easier to code things that already exist in a newer version than it is to send files from a newer version to an older version (me my only complain is that i spend way to much money on the switch version  and cant import it (bought the prime access pack the dual pack for october and the dual pack for december) and one more thing i should note the difference between destiny 2 and warframe is that number of playable characters in warframe i somewhat agree with most of the statements made on here about it being hard to switch characters from pc to any other platform or vise versa but its not as hard as you would think but its a work in progress and hopefully they will be able to make it happen

Edited by (NSW)heolamise
addition

It's likely nowhere near as simple as people wanting it are trying to make out....

Just off the top of my head I can see the below issues:

For one the game on pc is several steps ahead of consoles, hell even consoles don't necessarily sync up.

From the most simple perspective... how exactly are you going to do cross save when you get something on PC that isn't even available on console.... are those calling for cross save going to accept a delayed sync, probably not and if they are, this adds in even more complication in terms of syncing saves etc.

Then you have more complicated matters like tennogen items... ignoring the sync issues, on consoles you can buy with plat, on pc you can't.... on pc's it's far easier to get plat from trading etc (another thing to consider too) and I wouldn't be shocked if there's some sort of contractual issues that would crop up too, just in relation to tennogen, let alone anything else.  

Then you have things like plat sales, login discounts etc on console versus pc as they operate differently.

In all honesty though, from a personal perspective, I'd say DE have more important things to be 'fixing' with the game than worrying about cross save etc.

Edited by LSG501

It would be an absurd cost and all updates should be released at the same time ... it would require more programmers, more servers and etc. 3 years after the launch of the console I highly doubt that DE would update .... consoles are for casual people and have an expiration date. PCs have high durability and can last up to 10 years ..... Saving conflicts would be created on different platforms and nobody needs that. I only play on the PC and I will never buy consoles because they are extremely expensive and fragile .... they break easily. When the PC breaks it is possible to exchange only parts ....

I see that the rescue between platforms is at least unfeasible and expensive just to please some ?! The majority who play warframe come from the PC world ....

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

It's likely nowhere near as simple as people wanting it are trying to make out....

Just off the top of my head I can see the below issues:

For one the game on pc is several steps ahead of consoles, hell even consoles don't necessarily sync up.

From the most simple perspective... how exactly are you going to do cross save when you get something on PC that isn't even available on console.... are those calling for cross save going to accept a delayed sync, probably not and if they are, this adds in even more complication in terms of syncing saves etc.

Then you have more complicated matters like tennogen items... ignoring the sync issues, on consoles you can buy with plat, on pc you can't.... on pc's it's far easier to get plat from trading etc (another thing to consider too) and I wouldn't be shocked if there's some sort of contractual issues that would crop up too, just in relation to tennogen, let alone anything else.  

Then you have things like plat sales, login discounts etc on console versus pc as they operate differently.

In all honesty though, from a personal perspective, I'd say DE have more important things to be 'fixing' with the game than worrying about cross save etc.

Don't forget the part that DE needs to negotiate with Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to actually get them to allow account transfers back and forth. Depending how the original agreements were worded the accounts on the various platforms might "belong" to the platform holder. It's one of those things that is probably much more trouble than it's worth.

On 2020-03-10 at 12:56 PM, (PS4)vl-HD-lv said:

i have played alot of warframe on my ps4 but as i got older and a job i have ungraded to pc and now my account is stuck on ps4 why have they not added a cross save 

It’s going to be a while for cross save only one programmer and DE does not want to put it all the way in.

Just a regular player here from Warframe PS4, and I am just wondering if we have hope as of now, even if the chance is still small at the moment to have cross platform. Or will it really be flat out impossible for us to at least migrate accounts. I ask this because I have been grinding on Warframe in this platform, but I want to make a platform change without harming my progress, I don’t mind losing plat I just want to be able to move to the next platform because I am gonna get a PC and because, I just want to play with most of my friends, and to still have what I worked on for 2 years. Much better if DE and Sony can work together so I can play on either platform. 

Just to make it clear I have no hate pointed towards Sony because of them not allowing DE to provide cross play to the PS4tenno as of now. I just want to be able to play Warframe PC because of (no cert confirmation time). And to play with the much bigger (and active) community. 

Hi (DE) PLZ we need a cross-save in Warframe because a lot of players want to change the platform from PS4 to PC or Xbox but he can't because he don't wanna leave everything he done in Warframe for 3 or 7 years so plz add cross-save in the game before the new war or any new contant plz.

Edited by (PS4)Mr_Crow90
  • Like 2