Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WHY CANT WARFRAME BE BETTER?

Alestahunts

1 hour ago, (XB1)Dee Dubbalyoo said:

Tell me of a better free to play game. Is there anything else out there with months worth of content that you can enjoy without spending a penny on it? Because I haven't found it.

Most games are free to play if you know how to sail the high sea.

You are not only one left, my entire clan is empty with a friends that don't play for a 2 years already, (just drop by 1-3 days to see what new and leave), eventually i left to and not really becouse of them but you can add that to a one more reason to leave or make a break.

I dont know how a freind can betray you by not playing a game, thay like or dont like the game, if you cant understand that... you cant force anyone to play what he dont like

WF become boring, nope, it was boring for long period of time, people just finally get enough and started to leave

not content but fun bring us toghter - how about some friend ask you to watch grass grow and say its fun, would you do it?

define - FUN

1 hour ago, Lazarow said:

Destiny 2 has weekly updates that include events and stuff to get people coming back. I would like if warframe has the same but it does not so I just play destiny and lurk on forums here from time to time.

Warframe has forgoten content, like you have no reason to get back to earth except if sorties are there, while on destiny you can always go there and get loot around your level. What I am saying is that if you want to fight enemies and get loot you can do it anywhere in destiny, yes some places drop specific loot but its still loot. While warframe you really dont have loot and most of the players are on level 30+ missions farming relics or whatever. Bascially once you do low level planets you dont do them anymore on warframe, while on destiny you can still go on those planets and while the mobs will be easier they still have a chance to kill you.

The way destiny is connected feel good, like I didnt even knew about Curse of Osiris profiency items till I capped on them on my inventory and I wasnt even trying, I was doing all sorts of activities and I just kept getting them from everywhere. While in warframe with every big update is like a new big island with new resources making the other ones I already have useless.

Nightwave intermission has been going on for too damn long and I know S3 is coming but its been to damn long for me to get excited about it because it was just sitting there.

I think we are too overpowered in warframe and that makes it boring, at first being powerful an killing everything was fun but it got boring when I cleared the whole system, no new challenges and I could only farm to finish my collection of weapons and primes and mods. 

The main problem is DE caters to noobs. Once you get past certain level, there is no challenge in any of the new content, and by that time you're so sick of the grind that it's just not worth it anymore.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And yet you fail to explain what DE should do exactly.
"Content for quick update"? I don't think Railjack was a quick update, or Lichs. They worked on it for quite some time.
And you are comparing Warframe to Destiny. In the end Destiny is just like Warframe. A new update hits, you farm the new stuff, and that's it. Nothing else to do.
So really, Destiny isn't any better compared to Warframe. And Warframe isn't better when compared to Destiny. It's just about what people like. And if your friends don't like Warframe, or if the like Destiny more, then there is no way they will come back to Warframe. Unless your friends change their minds, that is.

It’s a simple equation to understand that is much harder realize.  Life...goals...often simple and hard when you distill it down.

The journey (gameplay) needs to be immersive and fun to push the grind into the background.

Success:  journey/gameplay/fun/immersion > grind/time commitment.

Failure is: = or <.

It’s just that simple.

At it’s best, Warframe is a seamless process of gameplay, acquisition, and progression.

We had long droughts and a Lich system that gave us EXACTLY what Steve said it WOULDN’T be with unprecedented RnG stacking and OHK Requiem Roulette.

Empyrean is releasing in parts, initially bugged and unfinished, with (initially) tremendous time sinks required to gather resources, including blasting rocks in vast amounts of empty space.

Lore/Story was somewhat neglected on the immersion side in 2019 as well.

I’m not questioning DE’s heart and ambition.  I don’t honestly know if they have the business acumen and programming talent to deviate from what made Warframe successful in the past and still be successful, long-term.  I understand the game has to expand and grow.  The industry demands it.

But I am rooting hard for them.

And the recent devstreams (and initial changes to the game) show a firm commitment to improving in 2020 based on feedback.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

It's ok man, you should play games untill they are fun, when they become a boring grind to you, you most definitely should move on. You don't even need to seek validation from forums or other people, or try to come up with some "objective" reasons - this entertainment product doesn't entertain you anymore, you move on, this is enough.

Although I don't really understand what do you want to discuss here exactly? You wanna know if others are bored as well? Well I am positive that those who got bored moved on already, you won't find them on the forums.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alestahunts said:

I learned about the game from my friends,and Soon became a BIG FAN ./.

We used to play this game happily together,WE even have a gamegroup and Established our clan

BUT now,all of them  turn to play DESTINY 2 Except me.They even asked me to play destiny 2 and told me that warframe was getting boring and no need to play it 

I FEEL BETRYED!

but no anger cause warframe do became boring   /;    farm farm farm 

not content but fun bring us toghter

step 1- wait until they burn out all the free content D2 has to offer until they inevitably crash against the "pay-to-play" wall(you will not have to wait that much)

step 2-take a break from warframe and wait until the big stuff  get released

step 3-have fun again in warframe with your friends.

• Like 1

The Old Blood, released with hardly any of the advertised content, Empyrean, released with hardly any of the advertised content.

The question is why? What was so important about releasing these updates so unfinished that DE risked it's own credibility as a top games designer, doing damage to both it's reputation and it's player base, pushing it away and ignoring all of the concerns and questions?

I think the answer is in the name of one of the recent updates, "The Old Blood." It seems to me that Warframe has become less about giving the player base what it wants and more about doing what Steve wants. Steve comes up with an amazing idea, showcases it, builds the hype, releases an amazing looking demo, builds the hype more, talks it up and then releases something totally different to what was promised leading to a backlash from the player base. Take Railjack for example, almost nothing from the demo shipped, and, we're told that some of the things we were shown will never be a part of Railjack ever, simply because DE changed their mind and never bothered to pass on the news to the player base.

Even companies like WarGaming (one of the demons of gaming apparently) tell their player base what they're doing and what changes are being made!

It's pretty obvious that Steve has ideas far far beyond the capability of the team under him, otherwise we'd be getting the updates as advertised. If that is the case he needs to either stop promising the players things he and his team simply cannot achieve, or bring in some new blood to show the old blood how it's done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

The Old Blood, released with hardly any of the advertised content, Empyrean, released with hardly any of the advertised content.

The question is why? What was so important about releasing these updates so unfinished that DE risked it's own credibility as a top games designer, doing damage to both it's reputation and it's player base, pushing it away and ignoring all of the concerns and questions?

I think the answer is in the name of one of the recent updates, "The Old Blood." It seems to me that Warframe has become less about giving the player base what it wants and more about doing what Steve wants. Steve comes up with an amazing idea, showcases it, builds the hype, releases an amazing looking demo, builds the hype more, talks it up and then releases something totally different to what was promised leading to a backlash from the player base. Take Railjack for example, almost nothing from the demo shipped, and, we're told that some of the things we were shown will never be a part of Railjack ever, simply because DE changed their mind and never bothered to pass on the news to the player base.

Even companies like WarGaming (one of the demons of gaming apparently) tell their player base what they're doing and what changes are being made!

It's pretty obvious that Steve has ideas far far beyond the capability of the team under him, otherwise we'd be getting the updates as advertised. If that is the case he needs to either stop promising the players things he and his team simply cannot achieve, or bring in some new blood to show the old blood how it's done.

I agree 

2 hours ago, (PS4)reidy35 said:

Don't you blame Rev for everything?

I mean there’s actually a very sound train of logic that can blame Revenant.

Because there’s so many people that praise Revenant like his this amazing frame despite him being the worst designed frame in the game, it just tells DE that we will accept poorly designed and implemented content. So praising things like Revenant is just inviting DE to try less. Because y’all will call it amazing regardless.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I mean there’s actually a very sound train of logic that can blame Revenant.

Because there’s so many people that praise Revenant like his this amazing frame despite him being the worst designed frame in the game, it just tells DE that we will accept poorly designed and implemented content. So praising things like Revenant is just inviting DE to try less. Because y’all will call it amazing regardless.

Or... there are actually people who enjoy Revenant's gameplay loop? Either way, best not hijack this. I'm currently brainstorming ideas for a Rev rework that'll keep his loop similar, and when I post it, would love your judgement, so just, keep an eye out for it.

You have no idea how much Dreadnought, EVOLVE, and Strike Vector Ex tick me off with if only they had gone PVE instead of PVP and taken a page out of Warframe..

I would be playing Strike Vector right now if they had....

Currently though there's nothing else like Warframe unless someone made Vanquish into a service game...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Well, for a game to be better, the devs have to be better. It's up to you to determine whether the game, and DE, is good enough or if it needs to be better. And if it isn't good enough, figure out why it isn't good enough for you and how it can be made better, and ask the devs to do that. That's all you can do. And if they refuse to listen to you, if they put their foot down and continue down the path they're going, if they mute you on social media to avoid talking to you, then there's nothing more for you to do than to find another game to play.

5 hours ago, Alestahunts said:

Grind is basically all you do in warframe, it's an endless cycle of grind, you will farm for a weapon/frame to farm something else with it but oh no you don't have the rare mods for those so you farm the mods for hours then when you finally get what you need you farm for something else with everything you have farmed for. 

i mean its a matter of taste, but i didn't like Destiny 2 its nothing like warframe, its more of a First Person shooter with meh skills, got repetitive really fast , i still do not get why ppl compare WF with Destiny. Yes they are looter shooters, but that's about it.

also calling it D2, i was like why are they talking about Diablo 2 😄 

6 hours ago, Alestahunts said:

I learned about the game from my friends,and Soon became a BIG FAN ./.

We used to play this game happily together,WE even have a gamegroup and Established our clan

BUT now,all of them  turn to play DESTINY 2 Except me.They even asked me to play destiny 2 and told me that warframe was getting boring and no need to play it 

I FEEL BETRYED!

Why Warframe can't be better has a simple answer, because it doesn't need, IN A BAD WAY.

Look, nowadays, internet has these types of mental diseases that people get, even though it doesn't affect their body, you see radical feminism, you see guys that buy used bath water from a girl, guys that bomb a game on Metacritics just because of a Virtal girl that's not on the game anymore, etc. And on game community, not just Warframe, you have these people that form a cult and defend the game from every valid critic, and this only stop the game from getting better, Warframe community is the biggest example you get, you can spot these people in every, every relevant and true critic topic about the game.

And since Warframe has the biggest cult I have even seen, and w/e the Devs do and keep doing, people will defend it, and say to you to play another game, play unmodded or any other brain-dead xit, saying the problem is on you and not on the game, the Devs has no need to improve the game at all, they are getting money from these people anyway. And aside from these people, there are those retards that try to be edge or funny when writing stuff in these critic topics, not helping at all.

Funny part is that those people ^ aren't even that great in the game, and don't put too much effort on it, but they are the majority. The others that are not from this cult and have some brains and did put some effort are leaving or simple not playing that much anymore, and this is why the quality and quantity of players that used to do things that are a little more difficult than the common brain dead xit (Mot, hydron, relics, etc), Like Arbitration, Eidolon and dunno what else are getting lower and lower day by day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MPonder said:

Why Warframe can't be better has a simple answer, because it doesn't need, IN A BAD WAY.

Look, nowadays, internet has these types of mental diseases that people get, even though it doesn't affect their body, you see radical feminism, you see guys that buy used bath water from a girl, guys that bomb a game on Metacritics just because of a Virtal girl that's not on the game anymore, etc. And on game community, not just Warframe, you have these people that form a cult and defend the game from every valid critic, and this only stop the game from getting better, Warframe community is the biggest example you get, you can spot these people in every, every relevant and true critic topic about the game.

And since Warframe has the biggest cult I have even seen, and w/e the Devs do and keep doing, people will defend it, and say to you to play another game, play unmodded or any other brain-dead xit, saying the problem is on you and not on the game, the Devs has no need to improve the game at all, they are getting money from these people anyway. And aside from these people, there are those retards that try to be edge or funny when writing stuff in these critic topics, not helping at all.

Funny part is that those people ^ aren't even that great in the game, and don't put too much effort on it, but they are the majority. The others that are not from this cult and have some brains and did put some effort are leaving or simple not playing that much anymore, and this is why the quality and quantity of players that used to do things that are a little more difficult than the common brain dead xit (Mot, hydron, relics, etc), Like Arbitration, Eidolon and dunno what else are getting lower and lower day by day.

I agree