Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma mains; the only reason self damage was removed was because WF is a badly coded game.

DraekoSilver

Considering 95% of the times I'm down from self damage is because an allied back, I'm glade is gone (wouldn't minded if they just make weapon do a set amount of damage or stop when you have 2 health like QT, but whatever ) couldn't care less about ONE Frame in ONE scenario (Eidolon) you can use Chroma just fine for all other contents.

As I sit here. In my chair looking at those beneath me. Gazing upon the throne I ask myself "do I find enjoyment watching those suffer?" As God turns into man as tears of those who cry of balance arise begging for redemption. As Chroma sits at my foot. Once a feared enemy. Now an outcast by those who used him the most. A shell of what he once was. Now the monster looks more mortal. Ah a pity to see him suffer but I find so much pleasure in watching those who cast all fate in his strength. Hearing the groans. Watching the tears. Tasting the lovely salt. So refreshing. For they do not belong here. The weak do not belong here. It is evident now. My elation rises and a smile as big as my face emerging from the depths of rng. Welcome to balance tenno. Your eternal punishment.

-tdlr get over it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DraekoSilver said:

The problem is that DE made the kuva bramma without realizing that it could not use Cautious Shot without causing the whole modding system to collapse.

Or, they finally realized that Cautious Shot is a garbage mod even at 99% because 1% is still more than enough damage to one shot most frames and if they increased it to 100% and extended it to be universal or made a series of them that they would just become obligate mods for most players. 

The Bramma didn't stand to "break the whole modding system" it stood as the realization that the ducttaping they'd attempted to make self damage appealing was unsustainable. So the only logical option was to just remove offending mechanic. 

Dont complain about self damage removal, now, just 1 thing to do, ask for chroma revisit.

He has some useless skills, make 1 of them to bite his leg off to drain health for energy like Garuda. Problem fixed 😂  Since I stopped doing eidolon, chroma has been sitting in the corner.

Maybe I am missing something because I don't main Chroma but you can still take plenty of damage if you really need to build up Vex Armor for some reason, Eidolon hunts? just get the lure and let the enemies hit you while you are at it, sentients will be around too, let the first eidolon step on you a few times, watch your health, that's it, Tridolons in 11 minutes instead of 10 at worst.

8 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

A lot of people didn't use stuff like zarr because it could kill you outright with one slip up.  Especially in arbitration missions.  We've wanted no self damage for a long while, chroma is just the sacrificial lamb to get what 99% of the other players want to them.  They aren't going to make some exception for just chroma, really what should happen is a chroma rework but I'm skeptical.  

I used that stuff BECAUSE I could kill myself. Nothing made me giggle more than when someone's cat jumps across my screen just as I let loose and explosive like it was trying to save someones life amd take a bullet for them. RIP good times..

Edited by Talinthis

8 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

hey, if this outcry gets us a proper Chroma rework, I say let them get salty. I want Pablo to work his magic on Spectral Scream and Effigy, and make Toxin and Shock Chroma actually USEFUL.

and self damage has been an issue since long before Bramma was even invented. Ogris, Penta, and both secondary launchers (Kulstar and Angstrum) have racked up an impressive kill count for themselves over the years. the Kuva Bramma is the most recent explosive weapon, and arguably has some of the biggest explosions, but it shouldn't be blamed for the problems of self-damage: that's DE's fault for not deciding sooner rather than later and giving us explosives to play with before they could make up their minds.

I'm not disagreeing with you in principle but I highly, highly doubt chroma will get a rework any time soon if at all. Frame reworks seem to take a long time and they havent even confirmed they're looking at him yet, as far as I know..

>Cry about self damage being a pointless mechanic for 5 years

> Self damage gets removed from the game 

> #*!% you DE, self damage was a challenging mechanic stop dumbing down the game

This community never ceases to amaze me. 

Edited by Shinjen

18 hours ago, DraekoSilver said:

They made a weapon that would break the whole game if it use a certain mod, so they axed the self damage.

I'm pretty sure toggling the "can be equipped on bows" flag on one mod would've been a lot easier than coding a whole new stagger and knockdown system and making animations for it. That is to say, there are some holes in your assessment of DE's reasoning.

Edited by SordidDreams

29 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Are we going to get a refound for that 99% reduction on self damage mod that I forgot the name?

Nope, tho from the sound of it they are converting it to a mod that will mitigate the stagger effects of former self damaging weapons. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Oh my gosh stagger reduction omgggggg I so need it 

not sure if joking or srs but I do sorta wonder how it will work with mods like Primed Sure Footed that already exist and supposedly resist 100% of Knockdown. 

Like is Stagger going to be separate from Knockdown? Are they just redundant? 

Hell Knockdown is already so confusing as to where it applies, PSF doesn't seem to prevent either Scorpions or Ancients from pulling you but like OK that's pulling not knocking down/back...... but it also doesn't work reliably vs Arson Eximus blasts.....and even when Primed Sure Footed does seem to work it leaves you in a stagger animation for a second sooooo *ascii shrug* 

Edited by Oreades

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

not sure if joking or srs but I do sorta wonder how it will work with mods like Primed Sure Footed that already exist and supposedly resist 100% of Knockdown. 

Like is Stagger going to be separate from Knockdown? Are they just redundant? 

Hell Knockdown is already so confusing as to where it applies, PSF doesn't seem to prevent either Scorpions or Ancients from pulling you but like OK that's pulling not knocking down/back...... but it also doesn't work reliably vs Arson Eximus blasts.....and even when Primed Sure Footed does seem to work it leaves you in a stagger animation for a second sooooo *ascii shrug* 

From what it sounded like on stream they're going to be completely separate systems.

I've seen a couple people suggest they'd love to see them merged and allow the new tech rolls out of standard knockback/knockdown though because it would reward skillful gameplay rather than them being just an instant kill #*!% you at high levels.

self damage isnt a problem anyway. its just a huge disadvantage if you play arbitration with it. i cant 100% control self damage and i play with bramma since release.

but its big problem for new players. they run missions with a lot of walls, objects, doors etc. i bet they play without boosters and need reputation, exp etc. a lot of people dont revive. so it could be very frustrating.

and bramma is best all-round weapon right now. it helps new players completing missions and getting gear.