Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice for Riven Challenge

TehGrief

Question

The riven challenge:

o1xm4iJ.jpg

I am attempting to complete this riven solo, and desperately need some advice; nothing that I've tried so far seems to work.

The problems:

• Killing the Dargyn does not count towards killing the Dargyn pilot. If the Dargyn is killed by anything, it will explode and prevent you from killing the pilot.
  • The pilot has be in the air while you are on the ground - AND sliding.

What I've tried:

• I remember previously doing a similar challenge with Mag's [1] Pull, where the ability would rip the pilots out of the Dargyns, but it does not seem to work anymore and doesn't affect the Dargyns at all.
  • Using Limbo's [2] Stasis, and then trying to [1] Banish the Dargyn provides the error message: "Invalid Target". Additionally, [2] Stasis and [4] Cataclysm don't affect the Dargyns.
  • Saryn's [1] Spores provides the error message: "Invalid Target" when aiming at the Dargyns.
  • I put together a Nezha build that utilizes negative friction to slide for incredibly long distances and uses a low damage Baza Prime, however, the issue still becomes the Dargyns dying triggers an explosion that kills the pilot.
    Spoiler

Eyacqhq.jpg

Any advice or builds that could potentially work to complete this challenge would be appreciated - I will continue testing an post updates as I go.

Unless something changed recently, it should be possible to destroy the Dargyn without killing the pilot. Launching the pilot back into the air (in a ragdoll state) does count for the Riven challenge. (I think Stomp's lift is actually its own state/animation)

For this, I use a primary with no punch through (so that I can destroy the Dargyn by shooting at the front without killing the pilot), a low strength Nekros for a non-lethal Soul Punch, and Castanas/Talons as secondary.

Attach Castanas/Talons to the pilot, jump into the air and soul punch the pilot downwards into the ground, bouncing them off of the floor and into the air, then just slide and detonate the Castanas.

A little impractical, but hilarious (at least to me)

12 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I wonder if you could find some pilots standing around, and hits them with Titania's lantern while sliding.

This worked for me last time I got this challenge about a month ago, hit them with lantern, slide and shoot when they're a bit of the ground.

8 minutes ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

I wonder if you could find some pilots standing around, and hits them with Titania's lantern while sliding.

That's a good idea, however, I've just tried using a low power strength Rhino's [4] Stomp on several of the grounded pilots - even once they are suspended in the air, sliding and killing them does not count towards the riven. 

Here is the build:

Spoiler

S8f4OLx.jpg

5 minutes ago, Knight_of_Cydoniaa said:

Ash + 4 ability.

I am sorry, I don't really understand what you're implying I do? First of all, you have to be sliding when you get the kill. Secondly, even if the ability could target the Dargyn, the explosion would kill the pilot. 

I had the same condition a few months ago, though I think mine required aim-gliding instead of sliding. I'm not sure if it still functions this way, but usually when you destroy the Dargyn (aim low), the pilot will still be alive and simply ragdoll and plummet to the ground. I was a little confused at first too because I thought the explosion was killing them, but after I realized this, I just used a Snipetron Vandal to pop the pilots before the hit the ground.

6 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

Do you know an easy way of making this happen?

Aim at the very top or very bottom of the Dragyn with a hitscan weapon. Fast firing weapons like Baza work well. You should be able to get your pilot out without killing him. Aiming at the sides should work too. Avoid center area since this is where you're likely to hit the pilot. Also, don't use punch through.

If you shoot ONLY dargyn, pilot will not die.  He will fall on the ground instead. To do that, shoot dargyn from the front. Carefully.

You need a relatively precise, high rof weapon.

And you need all the sliding mods.

As soon as you spot Dargyn, aggro and lure him to the mountains. Slide down from any hill and take your time.

But its hard....Took me like....7 tries or so. Maybe even more.  Sometimes pilots die anyway....

I never tried to cheese it with abilities tho...

Edited by Kainosh

5 minutes ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

Launching the pilot back into the air (in a ragdoll state) does count for the Riven challenge. (I think Stomp's lift is actually its own state/animation)

You're absolutely right - while Rhino's [4] Stomp did not work, I used a low power strength Zephyr's [4] Tornado to hold them in a rag-doll state, slid and shot them to complete the challenge. 

Thank you all for the brainstorming. 

• Like 1

Titania is the best frame for this challenge by the way. But a number of them work.

On top of my head, I can mention :

- Titania 1 and 3

- Nezha 4 (be careful not overkilling)

- Vauban's Bastille (not sure that Vortex works)

- Inaros 3

- Zephyr 4

Any ability that can lift a target works, in short.

I may be a bit late, but here's my USUAL go-to for this riven:

So you know how Limbo doesn't affect the Dagyrn? Well, it DOES affect the pilot still.
Solution? Mix up the strategy a bit, hit the pilot for banish and than stasis, hit the dagyrn outside of the rift and the pilot SHOULD be stuck in the air looking like they're still piloting.

From what I remember (unless they changed something, haven't done this riven for at least a couple weeks), this should still count, than it's just a matter of heading into the rift. lining up a shot and making it count.

Hope this helps!

Ignore everything; two guaranteed ways-

Ivara

Archwing

First method: wait until they attack. Use Prowl. Now kill as normal

Archwing was even easier as I had to kill 10 of them like this, just use a high-ammo weapon like Ignis or Soma as if you are on Archwing, Dargyns will mostly ignore you so fly behind and shoot the pilot with ease.

• Like 1

Hello there wow didnt know you could use soo many abilities for that challenge well here are some results from my testing, (its 2 to 4 months old not sure how they are gonna hold up)

ash : his 1 ability works but at certain angles and also follows the enemies so not much aim requieres, his 4 ability is easier to use and gets the job done pretty well

limbo: he doesnt work not sure if i was doing it right but every time i use stasis plus cataclysm the pilost just pass through the bubble

mesa: her peacemaker works but you need to kill then from behind which is a pain to get 

nova: her 4 just works fine since it only slows down the enemies and you just have to kill it

Mesa works if there's no sliding part involved in the challenge but it's still not full proof seeing that in most cases the pilot will heavily ragdoll out of the Dargyn and your peacemakers still have to latch on to him while he's tumbling to the ground.

Nova works, but so does Khora, Nidus, Vauban and any other frame that has an ability that will keep the pilot suspended in the air. The trick is however to get them to be close enough so that the pilot gets 'captured' by the ability.

20 hours ago, TehGrief said:

The riven challenge:

o1xm4iJ.jpg

I am attempting to complete this riven solo, and desperately need some advice; nothing that I've tried so far seems to work.

The problems:

• Killing the Dargyn does not count towards killing the Dargyn pilot. If the Dargyn is killed by anything, it will explode and prevent you from killing the pilot.
  • The pilot has be in the air while you are on the ground - AND sliding.

What I've tried:

• I remember previously doing a similar challenge with Mag's [1] Pull, where the ability would rip the pilots out of the Dargyns, but it does not seem to work anymore and doesn't affect the Dargyns at all.
  • Using Limbo's [2] Stasis, and then trying to [1] Banish the Dargyn provides the error message: "Invalid Target". Additionally, [2] Stasis and [4] Cataclysm don't affect the Dargyns.
  • Saryn's [1] Spores provides the error message: "Invalid Target" when aiming at the Dargyns.
  • I put together a Nezha build that utilizes negative friction to slide for incredibly long distances and uses a low damage Baza Prime, however, the issue still becomes the Dargyns dying triggers an explosion that kills the pilot.
      Reveal hidden contents

Eyacqhq.jpg

Any advice or builds that could potentially work to complete this challenge would be appreciated - I will continue testing an post updates as I go.

oh I had that challenge several times, but with higher counts ("kill 6 pilots").
I solved it with Zephyr Prime + Patagium + Corinth.

The trick is to have the Dargyn chase you up to an hill, jump as high as you can when the craft flies over your head, and shoot the pilot in the back (they have a powerful shield at the front, at best you'll manage to destroy the craft but the pilot will survive). If you are unable to oneshot the pilot, immediately shoot another barrel but with secondary fire (explosive AoE) to grant the kill.
It requires some practice but, at least with all the challenges of that type, always worked 100% of times with me.

HTH, best of luck Tenno

I did this with Mag. Magnetise the fighter and shoot the bubble with a good projectile weapon while sliding. This can kill the fighter and afterwards the pilot. Does not work all the time but should net you two ratherquick. I used an exergis with maxed multishot. 

If you have Grendel he makes it pretty easy. Swallow a dargyn and pilot when they fly above you. Slide and while sliding hit your #3. You'll have to do it twice per swallow, since you have to spit out the dargyn itself first.

Spitting a dargyn at a sniper tower is definitely a top 10 moment in my warframe history.

Note: doesn't work using the #1 because it interrupts movement. #3 does not.

Edited by rstripn

Strange that noone mentioned Hydroids 4 yet. Build for max range and use it on low flying pilots (that's why the range) or preferably on pilots on the ground. While being held by tentacles, pilots are seen as "in air", regardless if they were piloting before. Slidekills should be easy from there.

(used this some months ago, so it might have changed)