Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear rewards looked very expensive on devstream

--END--Rikutatis

I know the prices of the rewards are subject to change from the dev build, but I also know DE's track record on making super grindy content, specially at launch. Rebbeca played the ground mission for approximately 8 minutes and got roughly 70-75 event points in the end. The two new weapons cost 2k and 3k respectively. The new simulacrum arena cost 5k. Stance forma cost 5k as well. The bronze common arcane cost 250 each (no clue if the more rare arcanes cost more, but I assume so). So just for a bronze arcane, to get 11 more of it (which is what you need to go from r3 to r5) that's 2.750. That's like 296 minutes worth of ground missions for 11 bronze arcanes based on what we saw on the stream. Sounds like the grind will be real lol. Hopefully they cut those prices by a LOT before the event goes live. Or give us a lot more points per mission. 

• Like 39

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And I remember Rebecca saying that balancing of prices is still ongoing but...

Yeah, it wouldnt be the forums if we paid attention to such words.

They always say that.

And still everything always shows up with prices that are FAR too high.

• Like 21

well, even if it is a grind, at least it'll give me something to do.

I'll definitely run the event enough for the weapons but I'm not sure I'm gonna be running it to max out every arcane. there's only a few arcanes that I actually use anyway, and some of them are Magus ones, so don't apply to Scarlet Spear. I think the people who are arcane completionists will have a rough time, but for people who just use what they like, it shouldn't be too bad, hopefully.

they want us to spend as much time as possible doing this event which they've been working hard on, so of course we'll be expected to grind for hundreds or thousands of points over and over.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Host migration, connectivity, RNG, how long the operation will last, reward prices and how often it will return will determine the successful or utter failure of this operation. 

Don't forget the ones that get to babysit the railJack... real fun stuff, if the prices are too high it's going to be a disaster.

• Like 9

The grind will be real, and will hurt, hell yea.

Whatever, personally I will only have to farm for the Grace set, so far I only have two of them, because I've played for +4years and RNGesus only gave me 1 grace from the Raids, and the other from NW.

Oh, and for the new weapons as well

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (PS4)l-p4p-I said:

I will only have to farm for the Grace set,

Host migration and connectivity will be a huge threat. That said if 11 bronze arcane= 296 min, a platinum will likely be 3x that.....For 1 set, you need 21. Do the math for a platinum r5?! #*!% that S#&$. Lol. I might do it for he glyph of whatever but that's gonna be about it. Rather grind, sell S#&$ for plat and buy them outright in trade-frame. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Don't forget the ones that get to babysit the railJack... real fun stuff, if the prices are too high it's going to be a disaster.

LOL yea, they briefly showed the player on turret duty and it looked so boring for the poor guy, compared to Megan inside the sentient ship fighting sentients. I'm gonna guess there'll be a lot more ground squads compared to railjack, not sure how they're gonna balance that. 

• Like 3

It's probably prices in progress, and maybe point gains as well (they claimed it would ramp up if you went long, I think?). But... Yes, I expect the prices to be pretty high in general to try to convince people to grind the HELL out of it, as the first new content in months. Extra pessimistically, I think that's why arcanes got changed to be 5 ranks instead of just rebalancing them normally: To use them as a carrot for grinding the hell out of the new event.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

And I remember Rebecca saying that balancing of prices is still ongoing but...

Yeah, it wouldnt be the forums if we paid attention to such words.

They're just worried about it, as prior instances of DE admitting balancing of grind has turned out horribly, which causes players to expect the same thing.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, (XB1)YoungGunn82 dijo:

Host migration and connectivity will be a huge threat. That said if 11 bronze arcane= 296 min, a platinum will likely be 3x that.....For 1 set, you need 21. Do the math for a platinum r5?! #*!% that S#&$. Lol. I might do it for he glyph of whatever but that's gonna be about it. Rather grind, sell S#&$ for plat and buy them outright in trade-frame. 

Nah, I do not have problems with the grind. I'm short of plat, and people usually go crazy in trade chat, so I will be farming,

Also I'll be hosting squads and my Internet connection does pretty well. No problems for me. Grace set is the last one i need so no worries

4 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I know the prices of the rewards are subject to change from the dev build, but I also know DE's track record on making super grindy content, specially at launch. Rebbeca played the ground mission for approximately 8 minutes and got roughly 70-75 event points in the end. The two new weapons cost 2k and 3k respectively. The new simulacrum arena cost 5k. Stance forma cost 5k as well. The bronze common arcane cost 250 each (no clue if the more rare arcanes cost more, but I assume so). So just for a bronze arcane, to get 11 more of it (which is what you need to go from r3 to r5) that's 2.750. That's like 296 minutes worth of ground missions for 11 bronze arcanes based on what we saw on the stream. Sounds like the grind will be real lol. Hopefully they cut those prices by a LOT before the event goes live. Or give us a lot more points per mission. 

Guardian. Energize. Velocity. Avenger. Grace. Strike. Fury. Those are some of my most used arcanes and I imagine that's the same for a lot of people.

296 minutes × 7 ÷ 60 I'm coming up with 34.5 hours of grind time and that's under the VERY generous, totally unreasonable assumption that the gold/silver/platinum arcanes do NOT cost more than 250. Keep in mind we dont know how long the event will last or how often it will return. It could be super rare and relatively short for all we know.

And now would be a good time to remember that a lot of the post update arcanes are worse at rank 3 than they used to be. So a lot of time will in fact be spent "fixing" a problem DE created by deciding they couldnt just nerf/tweak existing rank 3 arcanes but that rank 5 arcanes needed to be a thing.

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Dog Days reward pricing PTSD intensifies.

Yup

3 hours ago, Kierlak said:

They always say that.

And still everything always shows up with prices that are FAR too high.

Railjack resource costs. Requiem relic farm. Dog days. Initial crafting requirements for arcanes....

3 hours ago, mrhapps said:

far too high, and always the exact same prices as the dev build

This. "Hurr durr but it's a dev build" well the last several times I've seen numbers on a dev build it's been fairly accurate.

3 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Host migration, connectivity, RNG, how long the operation will last, reward prices and how often it will return will determine the successful or utter failure of this operation. 

Several arcanes are worse at rank 3 post update than they were before. So if you want to fix the problem DE artificially caused... I wonder how much of this game mode I'm gonna have to play. 

Edited by (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA
  • Like 7

iirc, didn't DE say this "event" will last forever? I may be wrong on that, but it would make sense to for the possibility of players who missed the event. The mission itself is endless.

And from the looks of it, you need to complete Erra, which in turn needs the sacrifice completed.