The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ratels are the worst

(NSW)TimberTam

Can we all just sympathize with each other and say that Ratels ( the units Sniper Crewmen deploy by throwing a spawn point on the ground) are the literal most annoying thing in Warframe? Cause' legit, they are hard to hit, they gang up on you with electrical laser beams, they'll chase you if you run, and worst of all they spawn infinitely until you destroy the spawn point.

Edit: Infinitely is a metaphor

Edited by (NSW)TimberTam
  • Like 2

unless they're like Lv100+ or something they don't deal much for relevant Damage so i generally can't agree. because generally you can completely ignore them.
and if i do have to actually care about them as an Enemy, Ground Smashes will definitely hit them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, (NSW)TimberTam said:

Can we all just sympathize with each other and say that Ratels ( the units Sniper Crewmen deploy by throwing a spawn point on the ground) are the literal most annoying thing in Warframe? Cause' legit, they are hard to hit, they gang up on you with electrical laser beams, they'll chase you if you run, and worst of all they spawn infinitely until you destroy the spawn point.

They do not spawn infinitely, actually check before claiming they do.

they can be annoying. they aren't difficult to kill, but having my butthole zapped constantly does get irksome during longer missions. they really make a difference in Invasions though: Grineer used to nearly always win against Crewmen due to their armor, but since Ratels were introduced, a Ratel-backed Corpus squad nearly always beats the Grineer, unless they have a Heavy Gunner or something with them. 

on the plus side though, at least there are no Ratel Eximus... imagine a pad that spawns constant energy draining Ratels... *shudders*

As aforementioned, they don't spawn endlessly, but yeah, rats are one of the most annoying enemies in the game, along with the freaking grin-ear version ground traps that zap you even when you blow them up.

Rats. grrr.  

But not complaining, I also hate lots of the enemies, we're supposed to.  How 'bout those stupid Scorpions "don't run past me - come back and kill me!"

Yes, we hate Rats!

I really want a type of Grineer Rollers and a Ratels that are the size of the Indiana Jones Boulder and have them chase us...I guess its just me missing the feeling of the OH SH*T RUN!!! moment when the music for the Tank would start up from Left4Dead of late...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

8 hours ago, (NSW)TimberTam said:

Can we all just sympathize with each other and say that Ratels are the literal most annoying thing in Warframe?

No

Cause' legit, they are hard to hit

If you use something like a sniper, sure, but if your aim sucks don't blame it on the enemy

they gang up on you with electrical laser beams

Which doesn't even do enough damage to down my shield

they'll chase you if you run

idk why this is relevant

and worst of all they spawn infinitely until you destroy the spawn point.

False, the spawn pad destroys itself after a minute or two

11 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

The hell do they even do? My only issue with them is you're trying to go through a map and making progress only for them to keep dragging you back because they've spawned and the map marker keeps sending you back.

This so much.  Run back 178 meters a ratel spawned.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, (NSW)TimberTam said:

Edit: Infinitely is a metaphor

Don't forget the Ratel bug that ends your Corpus Defense Arbitration. 
Maybe 20+ waves into the Arbi and then wave suddenly stalls, asking you to eliminate remaining targets...but you're the only living thing at that point, right?
Checks minimap and there's an extra ally icon, HMMMMMMMMM

• Like 1

They're... pretty annoying. They don't do enough to be anything more than an annoyance, but they're still an annoyance. The spawn pad REALLY need better visibility and/or to get picked up by enemy radar. A red dot like landmines have would make sense.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Canach said:

As aforementioned, they don't spawn endlessly, but yeah, rats are one of the most annoying enemies in the game, along with the freaking grin-ear version ground traps that zap you even when you blow them up.

Rats. grrr.  

But not complaining, I also hate lots of the enemies, we're supposed to.  How 'bout those stupid Scorpions "don't run past me - come back and kill me!"

Yes, we hate Rats!

Scorps have a nasty habit of grabbing my feet when i'm jumping over a cliff, it's rather annoying 😅

5 hours ago, Morthal said:

Don't forget the Ratel bug that ends your Corpus Defense Arbitration. 
Maybe 20+ waves into the Arbi and then wave suddenly stalls, asking you to eliminate remaining targets...but you're the only living thing at that point, right?
Checks minimap and there's an extra ally icon, HMMMMMMMMM

Someone has a moa, right?