Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I miss Scarlet spear

Faultron

27 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

I enjoyed it, personally. And now I have a bunch of arcanes that make the game more fun for me.

Let me help you understand why that's good. I'll use an example. Let's say you @Voltage have an arcane to sell. Well that's great, but I don't need to buy it. Thanks to Scarlet Spear, I have the arcanes I want. I think that's great! I like having things I want.

DE has made it clear the event definitely return will. I'm looking forward to it!

I didn't have any Arcanes to sell before the event, and I will make plenty of Platinum before it returns. However, this event has seriously lowered the bar for Arcanes and doesn't make them feel special as an enhancement anymore. Everyone now has a Rank 5 of each good Arcane with little to no grind compared to how they used to be. What I mean by cheapen is the experience to get one, not directly pointing at the Platinum value. I did Trials for my Arcanes, and I felt this same way when the Hydrolyst released with Shrine of the Eidolon. Now with Scarlet Spear, I feel the same in that compared to Trials and Eidolons, Scarlet Spear has seriously devalued the time grinding those previous missions to earn enhancements that are now just the same as any mod in the arsenal. Arcanes don't feel any different than a mod at this point given how easy it is to max one and how little equipment is needed to complete the mission that drops them. Eidolons are now mostly obsolete for replayability, and this is just another example of DE not respecting time investment from their players over time.

Edited by Voltage

it was a good event IMO, but everything gets dull when you do it a whole bunch of times. changing setups and switching between Ground and Space helped keep things fresher for longer, but eventually it boils down to "where am I needed most?" or "what background do I want for massacring Sentients, and do I want the Grineer to get in on the action?".

it'll come back eventually. personally I'm enjoying Nightwave and will be racing through those objectives when they reset tomorrow. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

I enjoyed it, personally. And now I have a bunch of arcanes that make the game more fun for me.

Let me help you understand why that's good. I'll use an example. Let's say you @Voltage have an arcane to sell. Well that's great, but I don't need to buy it. Thanks to Scarlet Spear, I have the arcanes I want. I think that's great! I like having things I want.

DE has made it clear the event definitely return will. I'm looking forward to it!

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN This is how DE has been catering to new players. lol

The reason why items are locked behind rare rewards is be cause only the one's worthy of the task should receive it. lol If not you can use money for plat to buy them. SS cheapped the game's rare rewards into everyone's hands.

• Like 3

I do think the ground mission is great. At least above average in warfame level design. The space mission is... well if you enjoy afk then it's great. Doing nothing for fat rewarde. That's decent.

Edited by BRZZAFK
  • Like 1

I like Scarlet Spear but it doesn't mean I love it all the time, then again we could have this event again which I didn't understand why the dev took it off with in few weeks and when it isn't a month yet as pose to be as I guess the players farm it hard for it seem that it will become seasonal farming event but not like that event Plague Star...I prefer for both of them only start off 4 season which is spring, fall, summer, and winter.  This will be good time for breaks for the dev and players will dig in more on those events instead of the dev have to break even more their bones in their hands.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

Now with Scarlet Spear, I feel the same in that compared to Trials and Eidolons, Scarlet Spear has seriously devalued the time grinding those previous missions to earn enhancements that are now just the same as any mod in the arsenal. Arcanes don't feel any different than a mod at this point given how easy it is to max one and how little equipment is needed to complete the mission that drops them. Eidolons are now mostly obsolete for replayability, and this is just another example of DE not respecting time investment from their players over time.

IMO they shouldn't have made arcanes grind so insane in the first place. See this as an opportunity: it's a chance to improve Eidolons replayability and make it into engaging activity rather than mechanical grind that you don't want to play anymore. I don't want to play it either, arcanes or not, i just don't. Let's hope they can make it in a way that we both want to play it because it's fun.

3 hours ago, 32768 said:

IMO they shouldn't have made arcanes grind so insane in the first place. See this as an opportunity: it's a chance to improve Eidolons replayability and make it into engaging activity rather than mechanical grind that you don't want to play anymore. I don't want to play it either, arcanes or not, i just don't. Let's hope they can make it in a way that we both want to play it because it's fun.

I heavily disagree here. Reducing and removing grind only makes the game shallower while handing people who don't want to invest in the gamemode the same or better rewards than those who do. DEs been doing this for years and it's so tiring that some of my friends just don't bother being active anymore because you will be rewarded better by not playing the game.

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

However, this event has seriously lowered the bar for Arcanes and doesn't make them feel special as an enhancement anymore.

How does that line of reasoning work? You stopped feeling special when primed chamber was given to everyone, and now when people have grinded their back off for energize and guardian you once again stop feeling special? That is a big problem and a red flag, in my opinion. 

46 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I heavily disagree here. Reducing and removing grind only makes the game shallower while handing people who don't want to invest in the gamemode the same or better rewards than those who do. DEs been doing this for years and it's so tiring that some of my friends just don't bother being active anymore because you will be rewarded better by not playing the game.

Look, man, we're not investing here, we're just playing the game. I still think that it was someone's mistake that your friends feel invested. They can still play the game and get whatever they were getting, this part didn't change at all, did it? Scarlet Spear event is already over too, so what is the problem here, you're and your friends are not happy with market prices? Please remind me what game are you playing exactly.

I don't disagree with you and i can understand your feelings, but my point is that this entire situation is unwanted, it should not have occurred in the first place and should not have led to this. DE is locking stuff behind other stuff and make people grind some stupid stuff for hundreds of hours and then they do some other stuff and then people are disappointed. If you want to keep eudolon mystics locked behind grindwall - fine, keep it, but it would be nice if DE would introduce some replacement then.

Because if mystics are locked behind something, then this means that people are not going to play with them, so there is no point in introducing them into the game in the first place. Stuff is added to the game for people to play with it, not for being unavailable. And perhaps a video game isn't the right place to develop a "business" at either. Too bad it still turns out like this and people stop playing the game for so stupid reasons. I hope your friends will enjoy their break from Warframe, they are always welcome back.

Edited by 32768
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DEs been doing this for years and it's so tiring that some of my friends just don't bother being active anymore because you will be rewarded better by not playing the game.

How about such players who like to hoard rivens and want to keep all the good stuff away from everyone else stop treating the game like a real business? 

You mean to say that DE has ruined the game for you, because now you won't feel rewarded by making tons of platinum from such stuff? 

Why do you feel special when only a certain section of the game can have certain things and then make lots of in game currency from that? And why does the destruction of such an obsolete system annoy you? Are you playing the game for the sake of what it offers? Or are you using it as a business simulator? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

Are you playing the game for the sake of what it offers? Or are you using it as a business simulator? 

By the way, if someone wants a business simulator game, it's a genre, there are a lot of games. Transport Tycoon Deluxe is probably a better choice than Warframe if someone is into that genre. And you can play it with friends too, good stuff.

• Like 2

It was enjoyable, imo, for the shared group activity. There is plenty of stuff to do in game, from arbitrations, rifts, Syndicate missions, etc, but it does get a bit repetitive with the same base missions over and over.

Would really like to see the events be more in a calendar rotation.

2 hours ago, 32768 said:

By the way, if someone wants a business simulator game, it's a genre, there are a lot of games. Transport Tycoon Deluxe is probably a better choice than Warframe if someone is into that genre. And you can play it with friends too, good stuff.

Better yet, an even more underrated game galled Capitalism. =D I love that one to bits.

I get how people feel the event was repetitive because, well, it was. 😄

HOWEVER, I liked the idea that it was a limited time event that had a storyline purpose, went out of the box to feel like squads were connected (DE could do this better, but I appreciate the effort to try something new), and allowed me to choose the rewards I got vs. RNG doing that. That last one alone made me feel like the time invested was meaningful.

I'm glad it's over and hope it stays gone for a good long while. It was an absurd, brainless grind with a great reward as a carrot. And no one forced me to play it, anymore than you're being forced to play missions you don't like. So let's all just drop the "forced" bullS#&$, ok?

• Like 1

On 2020-05-17 at 3:31 PM, Faultron said:

Playing scarlet spear event was fun. I felt i am playing a real game and having fun for the first time in Warframe.

It was not a market/farming simulator anymore.

Cant understand why we cant have real content for this game, instead we are forced to play with these missions over and over.

Much like Eidolons, it only feels this way because it's time limited. If Scarlet Spear was always available like Arbitrations, Profit Taker, Kuva Liches, etc... You wouldn't need to min/max nor would you have the drive to "get it before it's gone". It'd devolve into a mission that is just another slog/grind, and you'd be lucky to find true min/max squads in recruiting chat, let alone public que.

If you want to have that amount fun in the base game, then IMO you should solo sortie free roams when you have a decently maxed out Operator and Archwing.

The only thing I definitely won't miss from this event are whiny Space Team people screaming at Ground Team for not giving them kill codes when Space Team decides to blindly go Space even when there are already plenty of Space Teams, thereby slowing everyone down. Ironically in this situation Ground Team ends up clearing faster because they don't have to rely on Space Team to get their rewards; Space Team has to compete against each other for those (supposed) limited number of kill codes. Funny how an event that advertises working with another squad results in competing against... another squad.

Well, I suppose something like this happens no matter what game you play.

What I liked most about scarlet spear was it got me to play different frames. Didn't really want to fall into to the meta trap of Limbo and Mesa. I've always found Mesa extremely boring to play I refused to play Limbo because I didn't want to be "that guy". 

I tried a few different frames before I found Khora. She was amazing on the ground side. 90%+ damage for 17 waves and the majority of the kills. All while being able to cc choke points during the defend op link phase. I could even run an exodia contagion  Zaw as a stat stick to dps the condrix. She could do every job required. Sure a Limbo could cast 4 and run to the next spawn spot but I had more fun playing Khora so adding a few minutes to total mission time wasn't an issue. 

Eventually I realized I could have been running space and maxing my intrinsics, so I made the switch and ran Mesa for 2 weeks. So damn boring. Just wanted to get back on Khora.