Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, Frostyinferno said:

You should look a couple posts earlier in the thread before you get so upset. A DE employee already responded about this, and you VERY likely don't have to upgrade your card, it's just a message that displays for that error, I assume.

Thing is, that latest nvidia drivers does not support my card anymore. I have to sit on old, latest compatible driver.

6 minutes ago, OniGrimm said:

This game is... was the only game i played for last 9 months, it helped me go through though times, kept me distracted from very dark, self harmful thoughts, and now it got ripped out of my reach.

Thanks for your work.

This is a bug, Oni. I understand that you are frustrated, but we would NEVER just turn the game off like that for people.  The only time we've changed the minimum requirements was retiring support for Windows XP, and we gave people lots of warning before we did it. Please check back after we have hotfixed.

• Like 5

did minimal hardware specifications change too? because im not able to even download update because of ,,support of directx 9 has ended" etc notification, i tried downloading directx 10 and 12 but it doesnt seem to help at all, there's link to this https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1052232-psa-minimum-supported-specs-changes-in-february/ but if it was upadted it feb 2019 i dont know why i was able to play earlier today

Well, for the most part this update seems great...then you get to the nerfing of the bramma. So DE peeps, you don’t like that an effective weapon got high usage? What is wrong with making something people enjoy playing with? And even further than that, why nerf that weapon instead of making others better? I would absolutely love to use something other than the bramma, but the reality is that for whatever unknowable reason, you guys absolutely hate the idea of buffing other weapons to the level of the bramma. This isn’t the first time your reaction was to nerf one thing instead of buffing others. Why do you hate that you made something people want to play with? Why won’t you make something that’s as good to play with? Y’all need to figure out what in the world you’re doing and start listening to players and playing your own game or you’re going to drive this thing straight into the ground. None of us pwant to see this game fail and we all care enough to keep playing. Remember that this game is not purely about what you think it should be like, but what we want out of it.

• Like 5

Thank you very much for the update.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Megan:

Updated the Kuva Bramnma description to include these changes:

• This Grineer bow delivers vengeance in the form of cluster bomb-tipped arrows that can be detonated mid-air or on impact. Low quiver capacity, arrows are recovered singly

Is this a new weapon?^^

1 minute ago, [DE]Momaw said:

This is a bug, Oni. I understand that you are frustrated, but we would NEVER just turn the game off like that for people.  The only time we've changed the minimum requirements was retiring support for Windows XP, and we gave people lots of warning before we did it. Please check back after we have hotfixed.

Thank you. Sorry for my, ehm, "passionate" reaction. I guess i'll just wait then.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DariusMcSwag said:

ryan reynolds scrubs GIF

Warframe: a cooperative game where more than half of the quests are solo only. What ever happened to the cooperative part?

Since when did Warframe stop being a solo game. Last holdout of co-op play was Raijack but then it got updated.

Why do systems with Dx11 installed keep getting the Dx9 not supported message it has locked us out of the game, for all gamers sake please let us poor players enjoy to keep both Dx9 and Dx11-12 version for all of us I am still using an ancient HD 5450 which let me play the game till today and suddenly now this bug won't let me start the game. I cannot just splurge money I don't have for a new graphics card also considering the quarantine situation all new electronics are out of reach for a good month or more. Please see to this issue and let all players in.

• Like 4

My only complain so far is that Protea's grenades should NOT force you to hop. It's really clunky, messes with movement, and makes aiming them difficult due to the camera not being stationary. I think she needs Khora's fix. Make it an upper body-only animation to allow tenno to continue running during its cast; (Her passive encourages a lot of casting, and this is already making me avoid using her 1 at all). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Controller Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where resetting controller bindings to default would not remove bindings from buttons that didn't have a default action assigned to them (e.g. for XB1 and PC, D-pad down doesn't have an action bound under Railjack controls, so if you bound Bank Left to it, for instance, it would remain bound).
  • Fixed a controller issue where you could assign an Archwing action (e.g. Move Down/Dodge/Blink) to a button that has a non-Archwing-exclusive action already bound to it (e.g. Ability Menu), resulting in both being bound to the same button simultaneously (where only one action would actually be executed when the button is pressed). Now, in the above example, the Crouch/Slide/Roll action would trade places with the Power Menu action, resolving the conflict.
  • Fixed an issue where if you rebound Ability Menu under the General tab for controller bindings, it wouldn't update immediately under the Power Menu tab to that key, which could result in creating conflicting bindings under the Power Menu tab.
  • Fixed controllers using a higher deadzone value than desired for non-look analog inputs. Was applying a 20% deadzone across the board instead of using platform-specific values, which were generally lower. This should improve responsiveness of analog sticks.
  • Fixed an issue where resetting controller bindings would take effect immediately even if you chose not to save when it prompted you upon exiting. Now only takes effect upon confirmation when exiting.
  • Fixed the action list in the Customize Controller controller screen not updating to show the current working bindings as you're updating them.

Still no acknowledgement that Controllers are utterly incapable of performing Drift and Vector Maneuvers on PC. PC pilots using a controller are being actively handicapped in their jobs due to this inability. Even if you dont know how to fix it yet please just acknowledge that you're aware of the problem.

The Pilot Intrinsic tree describes the ability 'Vector Maneuver'. With Keyboard, the player taps the LShift key to Vector Maneuver. When using a controller, the UI says to tap LB, however LB is bound to 'bank left' and there is no alternative to activate the Vector Maneuver.

The Pilot Intrinsic tree also describes the 'Drift Maneuver' ability, where while Vectoring, holding the LShift key activates the Drift and releasing launches out of the Drift. On controller, the UI states to hold down Left Stick. This also fails to work, primarily because as stated above the player cannot start a Vector Maneuver with controller.

These issues are not with me, my controller, my computer, or anything of mine. I went out into the Railjack Free Flight node to test this and everything works as stated in the UI when using keyboard and mouse, but the functionality is just not there with the controller. PC players are actively being handicapped, likely without their knowledge, if they choose/need to play with a controller.

Other issues:
Controller LB is bound to 'bank left' while 'bank right' is not bound at all. In theory RB should be used for 'bank right', as it is the natural and instinctive counterpart to LB, but RB is bound as a gatekey to use the tactical avionics: the player must hold RB while hitting A, B or X to use the Tactical Avionics. I'm not sure exactly what to suggest here. Using RB as a gatekey somewhat makes sense but only being able to bank left is just wonky.

I understand the 'simple' solution would be to learn to play on keyboard and mouse as intended. However, if the game is going to offer controller support then it should work properly and provide all the same functionality.

Final request:
Please give us the option to toggle sprint with the Warframe, while using Hold to Boost with the Railjack.

I'm constantly running out of boost and it doesn't recharge until I click my left stick again, because I toggle-sprint. I like toggle-sprint for my frame and archwing because they automatically stop sprinting when I shoot, aim, or stop moving. However, I do not want it turned on for my Railjack and I have noticed that the boost meter will continue to deplete even if you're not moving. Furthermore, if toggle-sprint is turned on, the pilot loses the ability to perform Vectors and Drifts, due to how the button press is registered with toggle-sprint on.

Please give us separate toggles for Warframe Sprint, Archwing Sprint, and Railjack Sprint, and automatically stop boosting when no movement keys are being pressed.

Edited by Sentinel-14
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Controller LB is bound to 'bank left' while 'bank right' is not bound at all. In theory RB should be used for 'bank right', as it is the natural and instinctive counterpart to LB, but RB is bound as a gatekey to use the tactical avionics: the player must hold RB while hitting A, B or X to use the Tactical Avionics. I'm not sure exactly what to suggest here. Using RB as a gatekey somewhat makes sense but only being able to bank left is just wonky.

Under the current default controls, LB should not be bound to Bank Left under Railjack controls (both of the bank actions are unbound by default). Is there a chance you've bound it to that explicitly at some point? At any rate you should be able to rebind it to "Move Down/Dodge/Blink" or just restore defaults and it should function correctly. Let me know if that doesn't help you, though.

Related to controller issues, thought I'd throw it out here: I saw mention in chat about some people having issues where LT would activate chat instead of aiming; if anyone has experienced this, please reply and let me know details about where you experienced this. Thanks!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Adjusted icon for The Deadlock Protocol's promotional Glyph to represent the Corpus Founder more clearly, and have less of matching iconography with real life movements. 

Can I ask what was the glyph and what are the "real life movements"? I'm really curious