Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 28: The Deadlock Protocol

[DE]Megan

Still downloading a hotfix.  Haven't yet gotten to see everything, but positive!  Let's go backwards from my usual and start with the issues.

1) Corpus ship design has largely become a maze.  It isn't flowing better, it seems like something from Unreal Tournament 2004.  It's difficult to see how the space ninjas will fly around these levels, and the clutter is making things less clear to work with.  This was and is the same complaint I had with the Jupiter rework, and I don't understand why you went to the trouble of making things bigger but similar, then populated everything with details which hurt our ability to move around.

2) You need to have an open weapon slot to do a quest.  You gave us a slot for Excalibur Umbra, the Broken Scepter, Skiajti (spelling guess there), and other required items for the game.  You don't you do the same this time.  Why?

Two complaints.  Now it's time to shut my complaint hole.

1. The new quest thus far has been fun.  I'm looking forward to completion and seeing where things go.  
  2. The new content seems decent.  I bought 4 of everything (3 in stock, 1 to craft), and still had some SU standing left over.  It's nice to not be time gated, beyond the 24 hour build timers associated with MOA components.  Hopefully it's worth it.
  3. Improved MOA descriptions.  Yay.  The components doubling effect after gilding was...always a thing?  It'd be nice to understand if you'd boosted us up, or if this was a quiet feature from before.
  4. Communication of the game mode.  Yes.  Thank you for actually doing this.
  5. Simaris getting the rest of the bps and umbral mods is nice.  I have another few weeks of grinding now, but I'll gladly do so to get some extra potential from Umbra mods that aren't full.  Now if only the formas themselves were available from here for around 75k standing.  It might mean we'd have a reason to scan more often.
  6. Pets 1.5 ish.  Stasis being removed, along with constant degrading, is nice.  Hopefully this is the start to some additional pet options, but either way it's much appreciated.

I reserve final judgement, but this is actually turning out rather promising.  Hopefully it's a turning point to making 2020 be a better year.

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 6

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

• Removed Copernics from Mining Nodes on the Orb Vallis and added to Eximus enemies in the Lua tileset.
  • Removed Pustrels from Mining Nodes in the Plains of Eidolon and added to Eximus enemies in the Infested Ship tileset.

Thk DE 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Blazing Step Ephemera has been removed from the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught rewards table and added to two places:

• Arbitration Honors Store in the Relay

Great! Please do the same with Seeding Step Ephemera and Aura Forma BP!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordAsmolicious said:

One unmentioned change found, to the Commodore Prime operator outfit, its colour scheme has been turned entirely black, with the colour options only affecting a few small parts on the outfit itself now. this has broken my fashion frame, but just quickly reportin it! 

Indeed, they've turned one of the best Operator suits into pure garbage. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

The new Argonak highlighting change actually ruins the ability.  If a whole body highlight is a 100%, the new effect is somewhere around 2-5%.  You can't see the effect, and therefore you can't see the enemies.  I always enjoyed it as my primary DMR (and have been rolling a riven 82 times to try to get perfect stats) but I can't justify using it any more if it has lost the one thing that made it unique. wotTaFw.jpgBo9L7wW.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Adjusted icon for The Deadlock Protocol's promotional Glyph to represent the Corpus Founder more clearly, and have less of matching iconography with real life movements.

hmm what is it?

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Updated the following Augment Mods to replace the terminology ‘Proc’ with ‘Status’

Finally! I cringed every time i saw it or hear someone read it. To describe something, the game should use the most basic known-to-everyone wording. It looked so unprofessional. So yeah, thank you for that.

Overall good update. I like the new corpus ship tileset it's nice and crisp. The Granum void is nice to a little anoying but overall I like it. Only thing I can see for now that's missing is an actual drop table for the granum void, it would be highly prefered if I could know what chances are. As of now we have no #*!%ing clue