Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris Interactions With Warframe Abilities & Exalted Weapons

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

So will Steel Path see any changes to the arbitrary health/armor/shields multipliers? You seem fine with limiting player choice by turning enemies into literal bullet sponges, but not when the Xoris buffs Warframes with exalted abilities.

Yikes. +1

I wasn't happy when I heard the armor modifier was going to be involved at all. That's kind of why the whole status rework tried to change the popularity and importance of corrosive around. Really surprised me when I heard about the armor modifier basically messing that up once more.

1 minute ago, CrimsonBladeZeta said:

God damn it do you understand that Gladiator mod set no longer works on Exalted Melee weapons after you 'fix' Blood rush? We reported this for few hundred times and all of your staff just ignore us, not even willing to tell is that an intentional nerf or what. Give us the information we need!

Please DE, respond to this. I myself have opened several bug threads, commented on every hotfix thread, this is still an issue and needs to be addressed.

2 minutes ago, Chroia said:

I guess that depends on how you read 'nerf'.
Not having them affect exalted weapons, and no other change, does not nerf either the abilities or the mods.

I disagree. I consider any removal of beneficial effects to be a nerf, and I think any rational person would be hard pressed to disagree. If Wukong's staff were no longer affected by Pressure Point for whatever reason, then I would consider that a nerf to the ability. It's a fairly staple part of the staff's build, and it's removal negatively affects it's performance.

1 minute ago, (NSW)xenile said:

But this shows a problem with exalted weapons not being able to generate combo at a decent pace 

The mechanics of exalted meleee were always a bit off because they never followed consistent mechanics especially exalted blade and serene storm because they couldn't generate combo with their main damage source the waves and alongside that they could never use acolyte mods which are the only reasons to actually build melee for combo if they are removed the weapons feel more like Aoe primaries which is very disappointing 

These issues can be balanced by letting serene storm and exalted blade generate combos with waves and use acolyte mods in exchange for some numerical tweaks on the stats of said weapons this will make the weapons more consistent with how melee is built whilst also giving these abilities which are currently being out damaged by normal weaponry a good buff to the overall dps values

This issue of the xoris being the "must use" meta showcases the bad mechanics of those abilities not having personalised molding ability and their own combo duration 

This issue can be fixed by giving khora , atlas ,ash etc's abilities their own modding screen and make them far more this will not only make them more flexible but the persistent problem of using statsticks will also partially be solved by these changes 

I am sorry friend you are completely wrong, they cannot even stack gladiator set by themselves. DE already ninja nerf them in the first place.

1 minute ago, .OwOkin. said:

no more redcrit ;-;
*sad baruuk noise

You still can use Ash-like statstick to get red crits: use redeemer with all combo duration and combo chance mods, get red crits for ~30 seconds until your combo counter runs out, repeat. Yep, it sucks that you should restack combo every 30 seconds, but muh red crits.

55 minutes ago, CrimsonPenguino said:

You want to know an even easier solution? Make it so that these abilities are separately mod-able, like exalted weapons are. I have mostly heard of people using this as a stat stick for khora, atlas, etc. so an easier fix would be to make it so that you could mod those abilities so you don't have to worry about this. I don't know why that isn't a thing as it is. 

Ok, you fixed issue #1 and added more problems to issue #2. Where's the solution for #2?

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

It's our mistake that the infinite combo resulted in these scenarios, and I understand why there is frustration around it. As said above, we didn't want to make an overwhelming nerf to Warframe abilities/Exalted weapons across the board, so we decided to only change the interaction with Xoris directly. 

how about you let exalted and semi exalted wepaon to finally be moddable, so this kind of stuff doesn't happen anymore? it's about time. because as of now, we are restricted, no matter what. we're forced to use specifics melee weapons with specific builds ONLY if we want certian abilities good. time to give us semi-exalted weapons like Khora's whip modding abilities. it's way over due.

Maybe I'm just looking at this differently, but wouldn't it make more sense to make it so that the infinite combo duration only applies while we're in the Granum Void instead of having it kill the combo counter when abilities are used universally?

You could otherwise have the weapon behave normally like any other weapon outside of the Granum Void while allowing it to have an infinite combo duration inside of the Granum Void, and then you wouldn't have to force it to kill the combo counter whenever an ability is used.

I genuinely wish to know what is problem #2

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

The second issue: The interaction with the Xoris and Gladiator Mod Set for Warframe Exalted weapons. The Gladiator Mod Set bonus is being carried over from the equipped Melee to the Exalted Warframe weapons such as Baruuk’s Serene Storm, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Talons and Wukong’s Iron Staff.

Really? Oh that is kinda stupid ngl

Yep, and DE keeping ignoring this question: Is this a nerf of bug. Which is a very simple yes or no question. And they still ignore it since the bugfix of blood rush.

Garuda's Talons: I can even put blood rush on but with no effect, I am crying very hard.

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Irony being that the (current) rework for Saryn was done by Pablo (iirc) and is now the one being referenced as saying it's OP.....even though the rework was praised as being a really good rework on release....

to be fair she was like his first rework so he was coming from a pretty narrow field of experience back then. also i'm not sure about her rework getting praised for being good more so than being ridiculous since she came out stronger initially than she was even now and everyone had a riot about that. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I disagree. I consider any removal of beneficial effects to be a nerf, and I think any rational person would be hard pressed to disagree.

So, different reading of 'nerf'. Alright.
You're talking holistically, I'm talking specifically.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

If Wukong's staff were no longer affected by Pressure Point for whatever reason, then I would consider that a nerf to the ability. It's a fairly staple part of the staff's build, and it's removal negatively affects it's performance.

I agree.
That said, we going to talk about mandatory mods?

However, the overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with <Pressure Point>, and the conversation of ‘<Pressure Point> or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice. This was our oversight, our mistake, and we apologize for the time it took to formulate a plan and address this.

1 minute ago, CrimsonBladeZeta said:

Yep, and DE keeping ignoring this question: Is this a nerf of bug. Which is a very simple yes or no question. And they still ignore it since the bugfix of blood rush.

Garuda's Talons: I can even put blood rush on but with no effect, I am crying very hard.

Dammit that's not good 

Will you refund me the forma i put into the Xoris for the purpose to buff warframe ablities?

What about the time i invested to level it up multiple times?

With this "change" you make the usecase players invested into the Xoris for, completely useless.

Now the Xoris is just another meh weapon.

i am fed up with stuff like this, just test your stuff before you release it and we wouldnt have situations like this....

Yes this is a RANT, because this happened before.

Don't really like this, but only cause I don't like arbitrary interactions. It's another thing that would confuse new players in the future. 

I do think that there should have been a change, but honestly don't think this actually helps with the core problem?

The problem:

Xoris was really only a swap of limitations, from combo counter maintaining > weapon. People who like Xoris will just be bound only to Naramon in the end again, or particular weapon builds. On second thought, even those good stack stick weapons were limited in the first place to ones with good riven disposition... In any case, using Xoris did not allow for bigger damage than using any of those other stat sticks, it was simply a choice of Quality of Life > Min-Max Damage.

A suggestion:

I think it's better just to give those semi-exalted weapons their own mod space and combo counter.

TLDR:  

Arbitrary interactions will confuse and/or annoy people in the future. 

Stat sticks are a limitation.

Removing QoL will just push people back to Min-Max.

2 minutes ago, Vicidomini said:

Don't really like this, but only cause I don't like arbitrary interactions. It's another thing that would confuse new players in the future. 

I do think that there should have been a change, but honestly don't think this actually helps with the core problem?

The problem:

Xoris was really only a swap of limitations, from combo counter maintaining > weapon. People who like Xoris will just be bound only to Naramon in the end again, or particular weapon builds. On second thought, even those good stack stick weapons were limited in the first place to ones with good riven disposition... In any case, using Xoris did not allow for bigger damage than using any of those other stat sticks, it was simply a choice of Quality of Life > Min-Max Damage.

A suggestion:

I think it's better just to give those semi-exalted weapons their own mod space and combo counter.

TLDR:  

The developers never play their game, so don't expect they will understand. 

But in terms of what you say, you just speak my words.

1 minute ago, Vicidomini said:

The problem:

A suggestion:

TLDR:  

A man of culture

1 minute ago, Chroia said:

You're talking holistically, I'm talking specifically.

And yet you agree with my example which is exactly the same as what you were proposing, just using a different mod as an example, so hardly a different reading.

Whether it's the Gladiator set or Pressure Point, my point is that outright removing any benefit from these mods is a nerf to the ability, as as a result you will have a consistently worse performance.

I really disagree that this is currently overpowered.

For me it was a very nice opportunity to not feel forced to use Naramon on Khora (and by extention Atlas etc.). Besides that having a combo that does not decay opens me up to use Primaries and Secondaries along with the exalted weapon. Xoris is not a thing you need to use, Naramon is so close to it. It was a nice option, it was variety. I could use Zenurik or whatever on khora again.

It was a great thing, opening up builds to more variety.

Archived