Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed Maxima and Hull Weave Avionics missing from respective Earth Proxima and Veil Proxima enemies.
  • Fixed the Archwing Slingshot breaking after the first use if it was used to board a Crewship.
  • Fixed spawning thousands of meters away from your Railjack if you Transfer back into your Warframe after launching a Railjack mission as the Operator.
  • Fixed getting stuck in Orbiter/Railjack walls when entering the Arsenal as the Operator.
  • Fixed viewing Railjack Components/Armaments and switching tabs after making a selection not properly deselecting the selected item, resulting in the Valence Fusion and Scrap buttons disappearing.
  • Fixed the Avionics screen showing the incorrect callout for "remove" when using a controller. 
  • Fixed right-D-pad equipping Omni-tool (or doing nothing in regular Archwing missions) instead of cycling to the next Warframe/Archwing ability.

What about Lavan weapons not dropping, is that issue even acknowledged?

Ah yes, hard mode with the reward of... the forma no-one so much as breathed at from Scarlet Spear.

Look guys, I get that Umbrals are supposed to be super rare and hard to get, but this would have been the PERFECT place to be able to earn them outside of the outright FREE ones from Nightwave. I'dve been absolutely fine with Umbral Forma BP's being there instead of the Stance Forma BP, even for an exorbitant amount of Steel Essence, and requiring like, 5 or 10 forma to even craft. At least that would be a REASON to continue to play it more than past the initial Star Chart run.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Jarriaga:

The first one means "not allowed under any case". Had DE's full in-context statement been that then I myself would have highlighted they did in fact lie and have selective standards. But the actual FULL in-context statement is the second one, which means "allowed, but not with a specific implementation", which is a condition rather than an absolutism. That's the very same context Brozime and many people here including you are willingly removing/ignoring so you can argue your point.

That's your interpretation of it and while I can see how you get to that interpretation, it doesnt exactly sound like how you describe it now to me. To me it sounded like DE thought the introduction of an unlimited combo weapon (the xoris) lead to the overwhelming damage output. To me if they meant it like you think they do, it would have said so more clearly.

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why is almost everyone talking about the rewards and not about the gameplay?

I mean, sure the rewards are important but they are the after effect, what about the core loop?

I am couple of missions in and it feels like "bring your Mesa day", since the things are just eating bullets and my time. 

Because a core loop can be worse if there's something actually worth doing it for. Yes, making the core loop better will make the missions themselves better, but there's still little point after the fact other than completionist's sake to even do this past the initial run.

6 minutes ago, TheHalfsightedOne said:

Because a core loop can be worse if there's something actually worth doing it for. Yes, making the core loop better will make the missions themselves better, but there's still little point after the fact other than completionist's sake to even do this past the initial run.

I am hard pressed to complete even the initial run.

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

All i know is DE is always pissing off their long time players so it would be pretty dumb if they started Aggravating new players too by denying them Umbra Forma. DE needs new players to replace the old ones that leave....

Adding another source for Umbra Forma is not denying it to new players.

And completing the star chart doesnt take as long as you think it does.... remember Taxying is a thing and the i myself know i can start a new account right now and clear the Star Chart before i reach which ever rank of Night Wave had the Forma.... infact.... i already did that last year.... sort of.... i had a head start because Intermission hadnt started yet.

Well the thing is, to spend Umbra Forma you need things to spend it on. If you taxi that fast you probably only have Rhino as a target. You'll also probably lack the mods and endo to get those mods ranked up to max to even require many if any Umbra Formas. I guess you could get all those things traded to you, but if we're talking about that case, then we're no longer talking about the average player case.

I vote we put in the market for 20 Platinum 😛

More like 100 plat with how rare it's supposed to be. I know you're probably joking but this would be a terrible idea: invalidating Umbra Forma as a Nightwave reward and also putting it into pay-to-win territory. I know you can farm plat fairly easily, but Warframe is one of the few games where some critical resources can't be bypassed by the economy and I think it should not lose that, especially when it comes to Umbra Forma.

The rewards seem ok, but can be a lot better. For cosmetics, a warframe armor set and syandana, kubrow and kavat armor, sentinel armor would be very appreciated. As for the more gameplay focused rewards, 3-Forma bundles, Umbra Forma (at a very high price), Focus shards & Endo packs would be a really good incentive.

Also, would it be ok to allow us to somehow gain conclave standing through Steel path, so we may eventually collect all those Conclave cosmetics? 

"250% health ; 250% shield ; 250% armor" :

i think it would be better with :

"350% health ; 350% shield ; 100% armor"

because the armor armor is multiplicative with the health, so the greener (that were already the hardest to kill) have there EHP multiply by 6.25 ; when the corpus and infested only have their EHP multiply by 2.5.

A small summary of the main points, in no particular order:

- 257 nodes of the same old same.

- With bullet sponge enemies (Nox, looking at you)

- With more abysmal rewards then ever. Not even a weapon or something, since the gameplay is what we play for. Kuva, yea, alright, but that just feeds into the band-aid riven system loop.

- This is a thing for mid to endgame players, right? Most of us have got millions of resources and mods already so the increased drop chances don't add anything.

- And some Warframes that were 'op' before will see more use then ever because of cheese.

- Power creep will produce a new meta and riven trading will see an uprising. Prices will increase substantially because of necessity.

Whoopedy whoo.

Aight?

1 - Stance Forma has Zero right to exist. It is literally worthless. Remove it frome the game.

2 - There's this little concept called "Scaling Rewards" you might want to look it up, getting the same old mission rewards as the base node is not worth even bothering with.

3 -  I'm sure there is a third point but aside from the Khora deluxe this update was not worth the download. 

After playing through most of Earth I'm wondering why I haven't seen a single one of the Steel Essences yet. It says on the patch notes that they drop from Eximus enemies and I'm sure I've killed at least 15 - 20 of them so far so in theory I'd have seen a few by now, right? Or is the drop rate just abysmally low?

So far so good! I absolutely LOVE the fact that steel path endless missions have the full squad spawnrate when playing solo. This is awesome, most fun I've had playing Warframe in years! Please keep this at all costs.

And 2nd point : for the french translation, "Route de l'acier" sound bad. "Voie de l'acier" would be far better. or "Chemin de l'acier".

"Route de l'acier" sound like a commercial way to trade steel, like "Route de la soie" (Silk Road).

I think rewards for 6th tier bounties should be adjusted to not have "one and done" or dilluting (such as Eidolon Breathe (really?), Cetus wisp, probably Axi relic, melee stance, Furax Wraith parts and Revenant part. And respectively in Fortuna).

What can I say... Bugframe 2020. Was doing a void fissure when someone in the squad got a rare item out of his relic and I was the only one who didn't get to pick it for some reason, even though I had 10/10 reactant. And yes, I'm 100% sure. Please fix this.

25 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Why is almost everyone talking about the rewards and not about the gameplay?

Who on earth plays Warframe for the gameplay 😮

blasphemy !!!

its all about that Mad Loot !!!

tenor.gif

25 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I mean, sure the rewards are important but they are the after effect, what about the core loop?

I am couple of missions in and it feels like "bring your Mesa day", since the things are just eating bullets and my time. 

Okay il be seriousness.... Every single new update has not taken Gameplay as a Factor at all.... and im not going to fault DE for this trend this time ... the players themselves are more concerned about Rewards than gameplay these days. Just look at the complaints about the Protea Farm.... very few of them are actually about the Granuum Void and how awful it is... most of them are about Proteas Drop Rates....

I wouldnt even be surprised if DE has a Filter that just blocks out all drop chance related complaints.... because some of them arent even that bad.... but the activity tethered to them are just awful...

Atleast the Test Cluster helped shipping this update in a semi functional state compared to the the previous updates that almost broke the game's spine. 

It could have been worse.... but thats not  good enough for me.

14 minutes ago, RevanZim said:

Adding another source for Umbra Forma is not denying it to new players.

You dont understand the thought process of new players dont you ? 

15 minutes ago, RevanZim said:

Well the thing is, to spend Umbra Forma you need things to spend it on. If you taxi that fast you probably only have Rhino as a target. You'll also probably lack the mods and endo to get those mods ranked up to max to even require many if any Umbra Formas. I guess you could get all those things traded to you, but if we're talking about that case, then we're no longer talking about the average player case.

Im well of aware of these issues.... and new players dont care.... if they want something they will chew and cheese through content to get it....

I see this all the time.... hell i may have even contributed to this problem by Taxying players....

18 minutes ago, RevanZim said:

More like 100 plat with how rare it's supposed to be. I know you're probably joking but this would be a terrible idea: invalidating Umbra Forma as a Nightwave reward and also putting it into pay-to-win territory. I know you can farm plat fairly easily, but Warframe is one of the few games where some critical resources can't be bypassed by the economy and I think it should not lose that, especially when it comes to Umbra Forma.

I mean... Umbra Forma for 20:Platinum: then pay to win doesnt sound so bad....

I think the concept of playing this game to earn rewards no longer applies if the developers no longer put thought and attention into game modes... often abandoning them buggy and incomplete..... may aswel just pay to skip... atleast Void Fissures are still somewhat fun as long as theres no World Destroyer Saryn in your group.

Im not saying its right.... im saying DE doesnt care so we dont have a choice. 

I'm gonna reiterate myself from the main thread in full with blatant copypaste.

When I went into the steel path to see how bad it is I didn't expect it to be, well, this bad.

If you've played Payday 2 right around the original release of One Down difficulty when it was still a difficulty and not a modifier - you'll feel very, very much at home with steel path. It's, well, one to one tactic of taking whatever avoids damage for yourself and picking whatever most meta damaging weapon/ability you can get your hands on because otherwise you're gonna be stuck there for an hour with zero progress.

Exergis with a great CC/CD riven and geared for heat/viral shouldn't have issues killing grunts and yet it takes at least three shots unless you're Loki and slap them in their head while they're oblivious to your presence.

Hell, even Tigris P struggles somewhat. I'm not even bringing up Lenz or Opticor, they're basically relegated to decorations on your damage frame.

Let's not even talk about bombards or heavies. Or, god forbid, Nox. Even while spending most of my time firing kuva nukor into crowds to make sure they're softened up as much as possible and using abilities to the best they can provide it's an absolute slog.

Corpus are at least noticeably softer compared to grineer once you crack the shields but good lord in heavens it's still horrible.

I had fun getting my deathwish mask in payday 2 around 2016 and one down mask around the release of that because those were fun and challenging. I can't imagine any fun with this. It's boring. It's slow. It doesn't pose any challenge other than stopping your jaw from popping out of the socket due to all the yawning you're gonna be doing.

Small addendum:

Now that I think of it, a better solution would be to just bin all of this and redo steel path by making every node a sortie 3 with randomly rotating modifiers akin to nightmare mode.

Enemy damage should be magnified by 250% like the health, shields, and armor. without amped enemy damage, its a breezy for dps players, and a fight with tanks for hybrids, and an annoying wall for tanks.

Well, I'm stumped. I really want to give constructive feedback, but I am not sure what better thing to suggest. I said this before the thing was even off the test cluster that I wasn't a part of, but bringing up armor values just really revived the old armor scaling again, reverting to the old problem we used to have before the status rework. I don't know what to suggest to truly make it hard, but I do know that this is a slog for the most part. I don't hate the mode (yet), but I can say that it's not particularly fun or engaging.

I suppose the most I can suggest is to please review some of the feedback threads about revising the star chart and overhauling old mission types that desperately need it. It doesn't need to be a massive change on most of them, but if the game mode itself is fun and engaging the bullet sponges will certainly not stand out as much.

As couple of people mentioned - it should not scale with armor.

Additionally you can still autohack with ciphers, you can still use specters, still abuse operator mode and any objective that does not require killing is a snooze.

Edit: The junctions are joke.

Archived