Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the Bishamo armor...

Ceadeus

1 hour ago, Ceadeus said:

It's one thing to do this with frames that have a preset gender

Do you mean skins? It's more like armor sets since we equip the same thing but on different warframes. And no one would be happy if armor sets looked totally different depending on frame's gender or whatever.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Do you mean skins? It's more like armor sets since we equip the same thing but on different warframes. And no one would be happy if armor sets looked totally different depending on frame's gender or whatever.

As in genderlocking cosmetics, in the case of Warframes I was referring to the fact that you can't make Ember male or Rhino female or anything like that.  But the Bishamo armor is COMPLETELY different between male and female.

Edited by Ceadeus
  • Like 13

Not to worry about time Marcus since steel essence falls about as frequently as snow in the Sahara and besides that myself and maybe others may not even be playing this mode due to the meh rewards and the time you have to invest to get things you pretty much after 8 years of playing already have in abundance. 

• Like 18

38 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path, (looking at you @Ceadeus)  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

It doesn't fix what I see as a disparity in the aesthetic design quality between the two gendered outfits, but at least it is being addressed in some form.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

It doesn't fix what I see as a disparity in the aesthetic design quality between the two gendered outfits, but at least it is being addressed in some form.

Think adding a cape and a waist guard to the male armor would go a long way in that regard, instead of going for the vanilla low ranking dax look.

• Like 11

Best solution would be to simply sell the male and female parts as separate blueprints, so we can mix & match between the two and do so independently of our Operator's gender.

Edit: Oh I see DE already replied with the best possible reply:

55 minutes ago, [DE]Marcus said:

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path, (looking at you @Ceadeus)  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

Edited by Mephane
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, [DE]Marcus said:

We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

Can we expect adjustments and fixes to all the oddities in the Khora deluxe pieces or are they set?

Edit: 28.1.1 That's a few of them! Moar please. Please

Edited by Crevab
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

Not to worry about time Marcus since steel essence falls about as frequently as snow in the Sahara and besides that myself and maybe others may not even be playing this mode due to the meh rewards and the time you have to invest to get things you pretty much after 8 years of playing already have in abundance. 

Why would anyone play it, there are literally no reward; yeah, give more of that salvage, my 4kk are clearly not enough.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, [DE]Marcus said:

That's great to hear.  I appreciate you actually taking the time to address this and I hope things go smoothly to get to that point so that I, and apparently others, have some more proper incentive to play this content 🙂

Neat that de popped in to give us some info.

I hope that we will be able to get better cosmetics frkm hard mode as time goes on.

Skins, syandanas, epheneras, armor sets i think are ideal cosmetic rewards.

And for the ling term themed frame skins when clearing certain planets in hard mode.

16 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

They could have added two but then males with boobs so no.

Though that would have been more politically correct to allow. 

The boob plates on the female set look like separate model pieces that could easily just be removed for the male. it almost looks like they had initially considered doing this already and designed it accordingly. But the intention was lost somewhere down the line.

I'd love to see the male variant with a separate chest plate instead of the titty armor just getting removed, so there's even less disparity between the tow but that's likely not gonna happen.

• Like 7

On 2020-07-09 at 6:57 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

I suppose that's fair.

24 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

The boob plates on the female set look like separate model pieces that could easily just be removed for the male. it almost looks like they had initially considered doing this already and designed it accordingly. But the intention was lost somewhere down the line.

I'd love to see the male variant with a separate chest plate instead of the titty armor just getting removed, so there's even less disparity between the tow but that's likely not gonna happen.

They look like remeshes of existing content:

• The female set is a remesh of the female Dax that appears in the Erra quest cutscene.
  • The male set appears to be Isaah's "dressed down" Dax attire from The Sacrifice quest cutscenes.

I know lore has been somewhat tossed aside, but what does this choice mean when you consider that Dax ranks are primarily expressed via the eccentricity/aesthetics of their helmet?

We're looking at a hastily completed game mode with hastily completed rewards.

• Like 5

On 2020-07-09 at 1:57 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Thanks Markus.  Be prepared for the opposite to be; that the individual customizations May lose some of their flair making them work on both sexes, and that some will want to keep the originals as well.

• Like 2

On 2020-07-09 at 12:57 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

Can you guys do this to the chest plate on frames also? Most of my lady frames don't have a chest plate because it makes them looks to masculine. If you guys could make it so the chest armor curves with the females body, it would be awesome. Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)JBrez8 said:

Has anyone gotten the armors yet? I know it just came out but I dont doubt someone has farmed alot of essence by now. I wanna see some operator customization with the new armor pieces...since im waiting for the ps update

I got it....

It seems like Eidolons will drop exactly one Steel Essence guaranteed and can be doubled by a booster.... Garry and Harry will not drop more Steel Essence than terry so if you want to you can just Farm Terry to get your Steel Essence.... it shouldnt be too hard with Volt provided that your mindful of your Relative Squishyness...

I suggest using the new Augment:

latest?cb=20200502022459

While it does scale with Strength... i feel like 35% is more than enough even to withstand Harry's Acid Rain.... so long as you use Adaptation ofcourse.

Make sure to use the appropriate link mods on your Pet 😉

• Like 4