The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

-all of OPs posts (at least the ones not sent into the shadow realm by mods) are in this thread

-OPs name is german and translates to "Poo sausage" if translated word for word or "piece of poo" if you translate it proberly

-I have a feeling OP is a troll and this thread is bait

3 hours ago, (PS4)Kotwurschd said:

Oh, now you're playing the innocent lamb... I'm impatient? I've been waiting for that feature since years. People have been asking for that since more than 3 years now. How am I toxic, when you showed the toxic behavior? Giving away things - almost every end game player did that. I gave countless amount of stuff to new players myself throughout the years. Still doesn't make you a good being, when you behave toxic like you do right now.

Did I claim innocence anywhere? Did I claim to be good? Or even just lawful neutral? No, it doesn't seem that I have. 

In fact the only person on this thread making unsubstantiated claims seems to be you. You also claimed that they were working on it, when they just said that they were looking into it as several people pointed out. When that was pointed out, you kept up the campaign. 

Casual glances at the forums would reveal countless threads, with lots of conversations explaining why the request is not a simple thing to fulfill. Since you are aware that those requests were made, it's logical to believe that you are aware of the responses, and that nothing has really changed with regard to the situation in that time. 

I didn't tell you to leave, or try to encourage you to quit. I just asked if I could get your stuff when you go, which is what you said you were thinking about doing. 

Your response, on the other hand..... 

19 hours ago, (PS4)funky_mon_kee said:

Overall, I’m not too desperate to have my account migrated, but it will certainly be greatly appreciated because of the amount of effort i put in every day to improve and enjoy the game.

I don't get it, did you think a kindly DE employee would see this and be so moved they'd implement cross-save just for you?

2 hours ago, CHiiM3RA said:

Honestly this is the one thing I really annoyed about with Warframe, I love the game and whenever I go out, I'd like the option to be able to continue the grind, Destiny have already done it, fortnite done it so why hasn't warframe.

Different games, different cases.

Epic can demand basically everything for their games because of how big the company is. Same goes kind of with Destiny. There is basically Microsoft behind it. DE is a tiny company.

And the updating process differs a lot.

So how about you stop comparing different games that have nothing in common.

On 2019-06-06 at 1:58 PM, Dhrekr said:

What is stopping DE from doing something they have already announced they are looking into?

Let me see...

Oh yes. They are looking into it.

it has to do with how certain things will transition over.
pc  has players buy tennogen stuff with cash while consoles buy with plat
each platform has its own set of special skins that will need to have system coded to disabled them when you go to certain platforms.
have to have a system to allow for pc content that not out on consoles to be disabled or not transfer over, while also not screwing a player over that is building something thats not on console an swap over to console to help a friend an come back to pc an find out that cause they transfered over the item they were building got deleted from the system. bp an materials all gone an now person has to farm for it all over.

so when they say they are looking into it, means they are looking into alot of issues an things that need to be done to allow for seemless transitions across platforms that wont cause issues.

On 2019-06-06 at 8:54 PM, IIDMOII said:

Should have been a feature out of the box.

Wasn't possible, for many reasons not least of which was contractual reasons.

Copy what they did and make it happen. 

What works for one blob of software doesn't necerrarily work for another, let alone the legal and contractural side of paid-for items. Even assuming DE can sneak into other developers buildings and steal their sourcecode.

Not about to buy a single thing or platinum until they prove they aren't dragging their feet so they can continue to quadruple dip.

Best of luck with that I'll bet that really speeds them up

• 2 weeks later...

When will the cross platform be added ?I really do not like the fact that I can not play with any other due to the fact that he has a PS 4 and I have a Nintendo Switch and the number of people in the game principle. As the game will not come, how many in it don't sit, to play 10 people maximum 20 and that is very rare, why keep a separate server for a couple of hundred people? Such a simple thing that could make everything better

19 minutes ago, (NSW)oSTALERo said:

why keep a separate server for a couple of hundred people?

Because networking is incredibly complicated even on just one platform. Doing it across platforms is a hurdle that very few developers have been able to clear, and none of them have done it without a massive amount of work.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)oSTALERo said:

Such a simple thing that could make everything better

It is far from simple. First you have to get Microsoft, Sony ans Nintendo to agree. Then you have to somehow deal with the fact that you can't allow players to purchase plat on PC and spend it on consoles because that bypasses the cut the MS/Sony/Nintendo get from plat purchases on their platforms which they won't allow. Next you have to deal with the act that PC and console are on different versions. Then there is Tennogen. That is all just the tip of the iceberg that needs dealing with for cross-platform to be possible.

40 minutes ago, (NSW)oSTALERo said:

When will the cross platform be added ?

Never.
Do you really want to play Warframe without the PC version testing bugs for you? When Fortuna was released, the elevator didn't work. You could end a round in Orb Vallis properly. All the drops were lost.
DE was able to fix this rather quickly, because it happened on PC. They just can patch the game without waiting on other company's cert process.
Now imagine something like that happened, and DE would have to wait for the consoles to update everything. Would take a week or longer until they could patch things. Sounds awesome, am I right?

Btw. isn't there another company involved that is porting updates to the Switch? So patching the Switch version takes even longer than the other 2 consoles.

43 minutes ago, (NSW)oSTALERo said:

Such a simple thing that could make everything better

You know what would have been a simple thing to do?
Using the search function, looking at the other threads that went over this already.

24 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

This exact question was asked not even 24h ago.

Why is it so impossible to comprehend the Search option??

This exact question has been asked, once each 24 hours, ever since the time of the reign of Marcus Aurelius.

Somehow people's noses start bleeding when they try to remember that the search function exists.

Everyone has mentioned the countless reasons this hasn't happened, and likely won't happen.

Before any of that could even remotely be dreamed about...all platform updates would have to be synced. They would need to be able to release them at the same instant on every platform. And while it's much better than it used to be in some cases, weeks apart might as well be centuries for all the difference it makes in this case.

I understand that it is not ears and just said on emotions, but to play the switch becomes incredibly boring, how not going to the game so there sits a maximum of a few people, the clans are offline, some people do not login the game for many months, and find a group of people in Russia with the Nintendo Switch is almost the same as a needle in a haystack.

14 minutes ago, (NSW)oSTALERo said:

I understand that it is not ears and just said on emotions, but to play the switch becomes incredibly boring, how not going to the game so there sits a maximum of a few people, the clans are offline, some people do not login the game for many months, and find a group of people in Russia with the Nintendo Switch is almost the same as a needle in a haystack.

Then why you even started to play on switch, everyone knows this game is PC main.

On 2019-09-20 at 2:48 PM, Walkampf said:

This exact question was asked not even 24h ago.

Why is it so impossible to comprehend the Search option??

Because everyone thinks their views are so special they deserve their own thread. Even if someone else asked the same exact thing with the same exact answer just a few minutes ago.

11 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Because everyone thinks their views are so special they deserve their own thread. Even if someone else asked the same exact thing with the same exact answer just a few minutes ago.

No just because I speak English badly and did not see such questions. Even now I communicate with you with the help of an interpreter. I'm sorry if this is so awful for you.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)oSTALERo said:

I am much more comfortable to play on the joysticks than on the keyboard and mouse. And I would not want that would run ballast at the Studio, which good would have to fold.

Well i use Xbox one controller on pc to play this game because it just feel more comfortable over k&m, but that's just because I started playing WF on xbox one. Even if you're already completed most of the quest etc. On Nintendo It's not that big step to start again on pc, actually it was awesome feeling. 

Archived