Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Xaku Changes!

[DE]Danielle

IMO Void damage still needs a better status effect. I understand concerns about this with regards to other void damage sources (amps) but if so, and taking into account that Xaku's void already works differently, call it a corrupted void damage (or something like that) and make it different. 

19 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Here is how we are changing The Vast Untime:

• Removing the Energy drain and keeping it a duration based ability. 
    • Currently, the Energy drain on top of its casting cost and duration is far too restrictive and punishing. 

How does this affect your ability to manually turn it off like it currently works?

I use Xaku for container breaking and tapping 4 twice was really useful to have it ready to go again instantly.

Well, its a start. 

Things that really need fixing later on is the void status proc and the short duration of the abilities. Another option is making the energy drain less bad so that the abilities can be spammed as they need to be. The change to the vast untime may be enough so ill see how it works out when these changes go live. 

The void status proc really needs to be changed so that it doesn't prevent headshots like currently but other than that I look forward to testing these changes.

il y a 16 minutes, D1videdByZer0 a dit :

I do wonder if void damage can be improved even further by giving it a certain proc.

Void damage is a very special damage type. Giving it a special effect could increase the utility of Operators as well... idk maybe it can work like slag damage in Borderlands 2. So every stack of void proc would increase damage taken by all other sources by 10% or something (and the status effect lingers for quite a while).

Viral and Magnetic already do what you suggested, but I agree Void damage would benefit from a different status effect.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb NoctiferPrime:

I'm not sure balancing around 6-forma builds is the right call, but we'll see how these changes play out.

actually it is,a frame should be balanced by its highest potential,if a 0 forma no potato ,,noob'' build devastates every enemy thats far too good and completely defeats the point of progression and forma

22 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Currently, Xaku’s Passive reduces incoming weapon damage. Which includes projectile, hitscan, and melee attacks, but does not include any protection from enemy AOE damage. For example, if an enemy shot a rocket at Xaku, the projectile itself would have a 25% chance to pass through them and deal no damage (75% with The Vast Untime), but the explosion following would have the full effect. With this change, Xaku’s Passive grants them 25% damage reduction on the following AOE explosion from that rocket. That’s increased to 75% when Xaku is running around bare bones!

Any chance we can get that applied to Baruuk's Elude as well?

another buff suggestion would be rather than leaving grasp of lohk stolen weapons to have a set amount of damage and just shoot beams whenever. Why not instead make each individual weapon xaku has stolen, to behave exactly like the weapon that was taken; Like bombard rocket guns to shoot like actual bombard rocket guns but void damage, or corpus with the plasma rifles once stolen to shoot like how the enemies use it. While also making the damage as much damage as the enemy deals, this way players can get even more creative with grasp of lohk.  

29 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A couple of posts, notably those written by people with verified 6 Forma installations, have realized just how powerful Gaze can be in certain mission types. So we are leaving Gaze untouched for now so we can continue to evaluate it within the realm of those who have invested Forma and time into Xaku to hit this sweet power spot.

if we need to put 6 forma into an ability to make it viable, it's not the ability that's good, it's the build.

4 minutes ago, Fast_Pickle said:

Muh 6 forma invest

Gaze: 200% power to full strip when

1.banshee 143%

2. Nyx 130%

3. Ash 143%

Safe to say this is still awful and needs work 

However, Gaze strips armor in an area and not a targeted enemy, so you can cast gaze and every enemy inside the are will have strip when the others must be recasted every time you want to affect another enemy.

1 minute ago, weeaboopotato said:

Why not instead make each individual weapon xaku has stolen, to behave exactly like the weapon that was taken; Like bombard rocket guns to shoot like actual bombard rocket guns but void damage, or corpus with the plasma rifles once stolen to shoot like how the enemies use it. While also making the damage as much damage as the enemy deals, this way players can get even more creative with grasp of lohk.

Because as it stands right now, the ability actually has a higher DPS the way it scales, barring some exceptions. Making it use enemy weapons would actually be a downgrade.
Now arguments could be made about effective DPS and whatnot, but I'll leave that alone

Xakus passive is still just a slightly altered version of Nyx’s passive. This really needs to change. And I highly doubt a 25% DR of AOE Damage is going to protect Xaku with her abysmal health and armor stats.

I don’t see why the fact that building exclusively for Gaze and nothing else making Gaze good justifies the ability not being buffed. It just enforces restrictive modding. You’re literally saying “We’re not buffing this ability that’s only good if you only build for it”. 

Being able to recast Accuse isn’t going to make the ability any more appealing. Please consider finding a different kind of ability to put in its place.

Making Void Damage true neutral is a decent step forward. But it does nothing to solve the issues with its status proc.

Not a fan of Recasting Grasp of Lohk replacing previously grabbed weapons. The ability already struggles for damage, so wouldn’t allowing you to keep adding more weapons be a bigger benefit. Also, MAKE IT ACTUALLY DEAL DAMAGE AT HIGHER LEVELS!

Not to mention the complete lack of mention to buffing Grasps and Losts ranges. Something that desperately needs to be increased.

Dodge chance is still an awful survivability tool. Vast untime should honestly provide DR instead of it. Unless you guys are willing to let the dodge chance scale with power strength.

Overally these changes are not enough to make Xaku good. It honestly feels like you guys are purposely holding back on the buffs she actually needs out of some misguided fear that it’ll make her stupid broken OP. You designed a frame that uses some of the absolute worst mechanics in the game. There is absolutely zero reason to not go all out on making her good.

37 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Adding Synergy between The Vast Untime and all of Xaku’s other abilities. 

• How it will work: Emphasis on “Untime”, when Xaku is in their skeletal form their other active abilities’ duration will become frozen in time. Once The Vast Untime expires, the duration of those active abilities resume. This was suggested in our feedback readings and we quite enjoyed the play on the ‘untime’ theme and the added benefit to Xaku overall! We feel that since this no longer has an Energy drain, and that it halts the timer on other abilities, the energy demands of Xaku’s kit will be significantly lessened. 
    • Note: This will not apply to Helminth abilities and abilities from other Warframes from Helminth subsuming. 

Please reconsider this. The Helminth has had me dusting off frames and trying new and interesting synergies because of their unique quirks, like how Ember's power strength can increase to ridiculous levels  when a bunch of enemies are on fire, or how Limbo's damage buff from rift torrent can make him slaughter enemies in and out of the rift with certain abilities.

What I'm getting at is that the Helminth system is great for trying out fun and interesting builds. Having the duration freeze on Xaku's Vast Untime gives them a great reason to be used as a "base" for certain builds.

Edit: Namely, I want to try out Reave on Xaku for maximum NYOOOOOOOOM

Archived