Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Me Alone, I’m Fishing

(PSN)jumpermichael

Never had much trouble while fishing but hunting on demios flying around with archwing with the rifle and constatly having the drones kill the animals as they sniping is annoying (the small animals).  Also they  constatly attack you so you never get more then 5 seconds break if lucky.

This has always annoyed me a lot and its worse now with the glass enemies spawning on top of you. 

Ive tried using invisibility frames but when the duration runs out you have to switch off fishing gear to cast abilities which is pretty annoying as well, especially since I usually cast it first time WITH the gear on out of habbit wasting a bait or something... They should put the fishing hot keys elsewhere (that being said not sure if you can separetely change these in options). 

Might try wukong next but Im afraid the clone might actually attract unwanted attention as well. The problem on deimos is that the ranged enemies can one-shot fish and wildlife from a long distance. 

Gr

8 hours ago, Elessara1 said:

What gets me is when the area is completely clear, I switch to the fishing spear/mining tool, I prepare to fish/mine and then WHAM 5 mobs just show up out of nowhere.  Like, ok where the hell where these guys 2 seconds ago?  And then the mobs that want to shoot at me from half the map away (I'm looking at you creepy, long insect things *shakes fist*).

Also the Glassmaker mobs can kiss my warframe's shiny metal bum.  I truly hate that they spawn in open world.

/mini-rant off

Probably the same place where Grineer Napalms and Corpus nullifiers, that spawn behind your back, in a dead-end room you've just cleared...

It's a case of size. 

Plains of Eidolon if you clear out an area you can fish peacefully until the game respawns the enemies around you.

Orb Vallis, patrols are scarce in the first place because of the size of the area you can fish for hours without seeing another living thing (slight over exaggeration)

Cambion Drift? Not a chance, the spawn areas seem to overlap enough because of the small size of the world that by the time you've cleared a couple of them out they're ready to respawn. Stealth is the best option if you want to get any open world fishing or mining done.

It's a shame there isn't a period after Fass/Vome change where the infested are subdued in a way that makes at least a small period of quiet time in the drift so people can get their jobs done.

Personally, I fish with Ivara it's the least painful way, not even Nora can ruin my day with her never ending "Hurrrrrrr. .  cephelites where do they come from" shenanigans.

14 hours ago, (PS4)jumpermichael said:

Does anyone else get really frustrated with being CONSTANTLY bothered by enemies when you’re just trying to chill out and fish?

pfft, try mining.

14 hours ago, kgabor said:

Have you tried using Ivara for this with Prowl?

Yes that works, but it never works with mining, mining laser is consider as loud weapon so turn of the prowler mode off temporary until it is done.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For fishing is easy get fishing quitely for yes the person answer with Ivar but mining is just another dang nutshell of hell hole for HoD is still bug even thou you turn on no shake the dang camera it still shake the camera for what is good run build to distract the enemies is actually Atlas because of if you got a augment change his rumbler guys to be one big guy which it will taunt enemies no matter what because their distance always will look at the rumbler and try attacking it and Atlas is a frame don't get his bottom kick off easily because at least long your on the ground by 2 toes.

Another way is having Specter frame about tier 2 or 3 is good enough and getting specters frame is way easy which do tons rescue missions and yes it is grind-y as hell but still worth going though it.  Frame Specter can help auto aim and kill enemies while you fish or mining away for this is an optional chose if you don't feel like running Ivar or don't have Ivar that is why I suggested which Specter frame to set up as good base, that would be Atlas again because he can summon Rumbler as a specter giving you 2 free summon making the summoner class and gears even more ridiculous powerful even more because thanks to frame specters these are hell lot useful.

Note Don't Recommended summon other specters for it may cause confusion if your with Red Veil or have their BP or either New Loka or Loki which their is infested healing orokin which I believed that is even more worst answered to be don't summon thous 2, better only a few and nothing necessary needed highly protection.

I arm my Sentinel or Moa with the sniper rifle from the.. umm.. the Grineer gas sack Sentinel.... who's name I've never committed to memory.  Great range, so it will eliminate interlopers before you even know they're near.

Wukong's clone with a sniper rifle is also a good idea.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

For fishing is easy get fishing quitely for yes the person answer with Ivar but mining is just another dang nutshell of hell hole

The rare times i mine, i'm just using Limbo, stay in the rift until i find an area with a lot of nodes, banish everything.

Ivara, i have enemy radar mods stacked on Ivara, plus the companion mods, Sleep Arrow whatever is close, mining doesn't disrupt stealth if you're using Cloak arrows instead of Prowl iirc.

But overall i find Limbo to be more convenient for this.

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

The rare times i mine, i'm just using Limbo, stay in the rift until i find an area with a lot of nodes, banish everything.

Ivara, i have enemy radar mods stacked on Ivara, plus the companion mods, Sleep Arrow whatever is close, mining doesn't disrupt stealth if you're using Cloak arrows instead of Prowl iirc.

But overall i find Limbo to be more convenient for this.

yea limbo does help but the only problem is you have to spend lot energy to get a fish into a rift.  Ivar yes I am aware of that but too much steps to do all that switching and pressing then switch it again as you know it duration is running low then annoying energy running low for it is heck a doodle consuming energy if you didn't build Ivar right even if you did the mods require and forma eats heck a doodle that one too but prefer keep Ivar certain uses she can do.  I still go with Atlas because less energy consuming because well 1 min is good enough for 4 for it run wild and distracting.  The only thing what sux right about now Ivara's sleep arrow doesn't tranq animals for wished that would be easy.

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Yes that works, but it never works with mining, mining laser is consider as loud weapon so turn of the prowler mode off temporary until it is done.

I can help with this!

Smokefinger in Fortuna sells a Widget that silences your mining laser for all your prowling mining needs.

(He also has another that ups the mining range to 14m.)

For Ivara prowl fishing: press "e" to do a quick melee, now you are in melee mode instead of fishing mode and you can recast prowl, then just aim to switch back to the spear and fishing mode: No particular annoyance required.

That also works for tranquilizer hunting.

But overall, I agree: I'd pay good plat for a Warframe equivalent of an item that prevented "random encounters" like you get in some "Final Fantasy" and "Tales Of ..." games. 

Not sure how it could be arranged to  avoid being a really obnoxious troll item for bounties, though. Games first "solo only" gear item?

And oh, but I'm wishing Nightwave 3 would wrap up already. I predicted way back at the beginning that we'd all get tired of constant fissures by the end, and boy howdy are we there now.

Archived