Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have an option to auto kick Limbos or dont play with them?

Gasau

8 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

As much as I disagree with OP suggestion, you have to admit that your answer is perfectly dishonest.

So should we spend 10 minutes recruiting for every single small mission just to not get trolled by a toxic frame ? We're not talking about some guy complaining that his pub squad is not 6x3 ready in eidolon hunts, just someone that is getting trolled by a frame more toxic than saryn.

Should we just give up all progress from a mission because we are getting trolled ?

To me, it's limbo's design that is at fault. I would just let anyone, other than the casting limbo, be able to hit ennemies with anything no matter where they are. I really don't think that'd be OP, limbos would still have to contend with their own kit, people could still hide from damage in their bubble, but they'd still be able to shoot ennemies outside of the bubble from inside and inversely, so no more trolling possible.

Not sure how I'm being dishonest? If you refuse to form a group (or join an active clan in order to find friends to group with) then join a public match and see someone using a frame in a manner you don't like? Abort. You'll have lost no mission progress either, since if said frames existence bothers you that much you won't be sticking around.

Limbo isn't the only frame that can troll btw. His design is fine--if not a bit too efficient. It's the player behind the frame that's at fault.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Xarteros:

While yes, the option is always there to just leave and try a different squad, that's not always desirable because plenty of times you end up in the same boat multiple times in a row (not just with Limbo though, with other undesirables). And yes, you can just play solo. Those options are still a thing and nobody's suggesting they get taken away, so what harm is it in discussing other solutions that add extra options instead of taking them away?

If you constantly find yourself in groups you don't have fun in, maybe you should consider that you just don't like the game.

11 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

There should be a way to opt-out of ally effects.

If you mean Limbos rift on you or Volts speed you can: roll and backflip respectively. Does not work for limbos Cataclysm as you're in his ability, his ability is not on you(if you get what I mean). General rule for operators are that they don't interact with ally effects but who wants to use that when you have a frame.

22 hours ago, Gasau said:

for example - "(a tick) I don't want to play with libmo in options." -  And the game dont let join Limbo in my group or I won't join the Limbo group.

Well... then I would like a (tick) "never play with a player that won't play with Limbo"-option, that when ticked would be in force regardless of what warframe I am currently using.

16 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

my filter will be always kick limbo/saryn

Limbo I can understand, but why Saryn? She does not affect your Warframe in anyway unlike Limbo. Her kill power can also be very useful.

11 hours ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

There should be a way to opt-out of ally effects.

This can also be a bad thing since it means you cannot receive buffs or healing from allies too. Such as Octavia, Trinity, and even Rhino.

21 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

As much as I disagree with OP suggestion, you have to admit that your answer is perfectly dishonest.

So should we spend 10 minutes recruiting for every single small mission just to not get trolled by a toxic frame ? We're not talking about some guy complaining that his pub squad is not 6x3 ready in eidolon hunts, just someone that is getting trolled by a frame more toxic than saryn.

Should we just give up all progress from a mission because we are getting trolled ?

To me, it's limbo's design that is at fault. I would just let anyone, other than the casting limbo, be able to hit ennemies with anything no matter where they are. I really don't think that'd be OP, limbos would still have to contend with their own kit, people could still hide from damage in their bubble, but they'd still be able to shoot ennemies outside of the bubble from inside and inversely, so no more trolling possible.

First of all, all this "toxicity" is not coming from Limbo, neither from players using Limbo. 

Secondly, playing with one or more Limbo(s) on the squad isn't a problem. I don't get how it could be, if you know how the rift works. And if you don't know, blaming Limbo for your own failings is a bit dumb.

Joining a public squad and then complaining about how the other players play the game is a bit daft as well. The list of "hated" warframe abilities is quite long (Frost's bubbles, Mag's bubbles, Nova's slows/speed-ups, Volt's speed, Saryn's spores, old Ember, Nekros' shadows, Nyx's mind control, Khora's megasize strangledomes and so on and on and on and on). Makes one wonder if the problem is really at the warframe end, or somewhere else.

Claiming someone is "trolling" because they are using a certain warframe is plain out idiotic. Yes, there are some ways of trolling and semi-trolling in warframe (like running around for hours with a mob def key, or using radiation procs for team killing), but intentional trolling is both quite rare and very hard to accomplish. Dumbasses wanting to decide how others should play the game are a lot more common. And sometimes there is also dumb gameplay (like bringing a Slowa to a low level void fissure defense mission), but that happens to everyone and is just a small part of the game. Most common is simply the fact that all abilities, playstyles and weapons just doesn't sync all that well together, but if you choose to play pub missions you just have to accept that. Or put the other way, if you choose to play pub missions and don't accept that the other three players also can use whatever equipment they like, the problem is actually between your ears.

To sum it up, to me the fault is clearly with players demanding that others should play the game their way, and so wanting to limit and prohibit what other players can use and how they should be "allowed" to play. It is the same human behavior that is so common IRL, and that is at the root of so many ills and wrongs. I applaud DE for continuously adding diversity to Warframe and keeping a "live and let live"-philosophy at the center of the game. Sometimes all this freedom has to be reigned in a bit (like the Bramma nerf), but overall it is the huge sandbox and all its possibilities that makes Warframe such a glorious game.

50 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

Secondly, playing with one or more Limbo(s) on the squad isn't a problem. I don't get how it could be, if you know how the rift works. And if you don't know, blaming Limbo for your own failings is a bit dumb.

Here's an example how it can be a problem: Limbo build -  long range and long duration, Limbo keeps enemies in the rift with his 1 and 3. Mission type is open world area control. Other player is using Trinity. The trinity at this point doesn't have many options to complete the objective and those options that there is might not be strong enough.

Still... not Limbo's kit at fault, it's the player doing it and his kit is by no means promoting game sabotage.

17 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

Limbo is the epitome of bad, anti-fun design. DE has no clue how to create a good coop experience, and WF has the worst coop I've ever played, by far. Lots of other frames that make coop play totally obnoxious, looking specifically at Khora here. 

Anyway there's a reason why I mostly play this game solo... it's quite good in that regard. I can set my own rule and pace. Not to mention the horrific p2p connections and lag, which I can totally avoid. 

WF's coop experience is literally held together by Scott tape. I mean, Scotch tape.

No.

Playing solo is quite ok, but Warframe co-op experience is not bad, it is great. What occasionally sucks is randomly putting four players together in the same mission, each having the option to pick their own set from the huge amount of equipment available, then adding playstyles and personalities on top of that and expecting all this to work. There are no such guarantees and often there is very little "co-op", beyond having the same mission goal. 

On the other hand, pre-made co-op with friends is huge fun, since there are a HUGE amount of synergies and options available. More than in any other co-op game (unless you start to include 40 player raids and such). And in such mission Limbo shines very bright, and is often one of the most important components in the setup.

If you put this together, the only problem is the random public matchmaking, but the only really real solution to that is removing the pub option altogether. So we could play solo, or with pre-made teams. That would work just as well for those playing either solo or with friends, but it would suck mightily for everyone else and it would raise barriers (like language) instead of lowering them. A better team interface than the recruit chat would improve the chance to find someone that you want to play with (that also wants to play with you and two other players), but overall I think that removing the pub option would not only generate more salt than some of the warframe abilities currently does, it would really, really hurt the game. For all of us.

If you want a measure the Warframe "co-op" experience, try playing LoL Summoner's Rift draft ("solo" = with 4 randoms). You will encounter more toxicity and salt per hour than you encounter per month in Warframe, and it will often kick in (in chat) even before the actual game has started. And this is a game where co-op is actually the key to winning. Griefing, bullying, afk-ing, intentional feeding etc. are common problems, as is verbal abuse about your champ and equipment selections. So is blaming your teammates for "everything and anything" (mostly for your own failings), and formally reporting other players (on the same team) is almost the rule (when losing a match). And no, it is not the "competitive environment" (that is just a qualified BS excuse).

I usually do sortie spy on pubs as it adds the thrill of: "Will my teammates trigger the alarm? Will I have enough time to come in blasting and saving the day at C after alrdy solving A and B?". Pubs can be great for some even if it's bad for others. Just gotta move on from the bad experiences as anything else in life.

1 hour ago, WH1735S0W said:

Limbo I can understand, but why Saryn? She does not affect your Warframe in anyway unlike Limbo. Her kill power can also be very useful.

Most likely its because Saryn ruins team experience.

Most saryn players tends to kill everything before their teammates can do anything at all to contribute. Game becomes extremely boring because of that.

A significant portion of players does not enjoy being carried in a PvE game, despite how strong their equipment is. its a general problem with nuker warframes in general. You are not fighting against the enemy, but your own team mates just to actually play the game.

On 2020-09-16 at 9:39 AM, chaotea said:

Also impliment this for nidus', who keep an enemy locked with parasitic link in defence type missions. Same for Nyx, Grendal, Titania and Garuda. Oh, and Khora and Hydroid for making all those rag dolls which are hard to shoot. Also Necros, as so many players choose colours that make it really hard to tell whats an enemy or not.

The coloured Nekros energy is the bane of my existence lol

On 2020-09-16 at 4:32 AM, Gasau said:

We have a similar function in game. For example, I don't want to hear the horrible musical tastes of Octavia players and i can turn it off in the options. 

Can we have same option for Limbo players pretty please?

for example - "(a tick) I don't want to play with libmo in options." -  And the game dont let join Limbo in my group or I won't join the Limbo group.

Right now I was playing with two Limbo trolls on a sortie 

they somehow set up their breaks so I couldn't kill anyone. They constantly mocked and laughed that I could not report them for using skills. Very cool.

Pure gameplay sabotage. And of course no one will ban them.

No resources, no reputation. 

Because of the two limbo trolls.

1. Choose your squad mates. 

2. Choose to play solo. 

3. For PUGs host your game with certain conditions. 

4. Play in a organized clan. 

20 hours ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The secret to being a masterful Limbo player is to not playing him when not necessary, playing with a coordinated squad of casters or alternatively just going solo. 

I’m going to disagree with this. I’ve played with limbo for years in random pugs. The secret, or a least my secret, is the mission type and how limbo is setup. 
When I get a wild hair, and join a public group with limbo, I use a specific setup. One that most people appreciate. Low range, high duration. Normally for mobile defense or normal defense. 
You can protect the objective, and still allow others to play how they want to. Everyone and run around and shoot, or use their abilities how they see fit. The most satisfaction is when a Mesa just sits in the rift and ult’s for awhile. 
After years of this play style, I can only think of 1 time someone complained. It was after the mission, and it was some snarky quip. I think they were just annoyed because of the general hate for limbo. 

Anyways, just my 2 cents. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tyreal2012 said:

The coloured Nekros energy is the bane of my existence lol

Actually on a serious note, can they not change it so the name above the summon is 'shadow summon' or something, because atm its exactly the same as the enemies.

On 2020-09-16 at 3:32 AM, Gasau said:

We have a similar function in game. For example, I don't want to hear the horrible musical tastes of Octavia players and i can turn it off in the options. 

they somehow set up their breaks so I couldn't kill anyone. They constantly mocked and laughed that I could not report them for using skills. Very cool.

You do realize not all limbo players are like that, right?

8 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

The problem with Saryn?
She doesn't really leave much of the game to play if everything is dead via spores before you can even properly look at it.

She just turns the game from a shooter into "Collect loot from already dead rooms!" which just isn't fun in any way, shape, or form.

Saryn is just too efficient in killing enemies at times, and can render everyone else in the mission utterly pointless.

So sure, Saryn doesn't affect yoru frame directly...but she can completely kill any enjoyment from the mission.

Also a Saryn that is too eager can make Fissures impossible to complete if they kill all of the enemies before they have a chance to become corrupted....I've actually not been able to crack relics at times due to an over eager Saryn killing enemies too fast leaving everyone in the squad with 6 reactant when the enemy spawns finally dried up and we just had to leave instead of sitting there 5+ minutes waiting for enough enemies to show up that the Saryn didn't just instantly wipe before they could become corrupted.

38 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

I’m going to disagree with this. I’ve played with limbo for years in random pugs. The secret, or a least my secret, is the mission type and how limbo is setup. 
When I get a wild hair, and join a public group with limbo, I use a specific setup. One that most people appreciate. Low range, high duration. Normally for mobile defense or normal defense. 
You can protect the objective, and still allow others to play how they want to. Everyone and run around and shoot, or use their abilities how they see fit. The most satisfaction is when a Mesa just sits in the rift and ult’s for awhile. 
After years of this play style, I can only think of 1 time someone complained. It was after the mission, and it was some snarky quip. I think they were just annoyed because of the general hate for limbo. 

Anyways, just my 2 cents. 

See how you are only talking about defending objectives? Defending something is precisely one of the better uses for him. Defending something isn't one of those unnecessary uses I'm talking about.

There are people who use cataclysm for some odd freaking reason in every mission type. Some people even spam it to deal damage in extermination missions. Some people also use the combination of Banish and Rift Surge in a way that prevents everyone else from doing anything to the enemies.

On 2020-09-16 at 10:32 AM, Gasau said:

What was the mission type and what frame did you have?

8 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

This can also be a bad thing since it means you cannot receive buffs or healing from allies too. Such as Octavia, Trinity, and even Rhino.

Actually, I would absolutely love to never have Wisp's floating potatoes put my game on Baby Mode again, same for Nezha's fashionframe-destroying glowing ring augment, which does in fact render my game Literally Unplayable. It would be nice to have options... and to anyone already itching to post the genius hot take of "just play solo" I do that 99% of the time. It would be 100% if not for Fissure loot and the floating dumpster fire they call Affinity.

Archived