Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When "Commander"-Tree for Railjack?

iHeuksal

1 hour ago, Eluminary said:

It's still very rarely used, I wouldn't be surprised if railjack eventually goes the way of raids.

Raids was very volatile programming wise. They always break completely every time a hotfix or update got released. Railjack is actually pretty playable after the last 2 major updates. Assuming you are not playing with a potato host. 

Unlike Raids, a lot of players are anticipating the time when DE forces Railjack into the main parts of the game. Plus it’s not a forced CO-OP game mode that push solo players that is a huge chunk of the player base away.

19 hours ago, moonfallen said:

What's Railjack can you eat it?

JK this content reached dead end and been put on back burner next to lunaro and conclave (due to squad link floop), also don't forget about Covid card that DE slap on everything as THE argument everything can't be work on atm.

That is my favorite excuse from them.  Can't use mo cap. .  Like you can animation without it.   Not like DE has quality standards as is. .   

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Raids was very volatile programming wise. They always break completely every time a hotfix or update got released. Railjack is actually pretty playable after the last 2 major updates. Assuming you are not playing with a potato host. 

Unlike Raids, a lot of players are anticipating the time when DE forces Railjack into the main parts of the game. Plus it’s not a forced CO-OP game mode that push solo players that is a huge chunk of the player base away.

Raid bugs were part of the reason, they were fixable but not worth the dev time compared to how few people actually did them.  I think railjack could be in the same boat there.  In that they could develop it more to make it more  enticing to play or increase Rewards/new rewards, or, as it  pertains to this thread, command intrinsic but it may not be worth the dev time vs how many people play it.

Il y a 22 heures, moonfallen a dit :

What's Railjack can you eat it?

JK this content reached dead end and been put on back burner next to lunaro and conclave (due to squad link floop), also don't forget about Covid card that DE slap on everything as THE argument everything can't be work on atm.

Yeah, sure, a global epidemic is just a card that lazy devs pull up to justify that they're not working, sure, sure...

Such pure concentrated lack of respect for other people's work and struggle, that I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a lack of knowledge of what actual work is like.

I am totally taking you seriously after that.

38 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Yeah, sure, a global epidemic is just a card that lazy devs pull up to justify that they're not working, sure, sure...

Such pure concentrated lack of respect for other people's work and struggle, that I wouldn't be surprised if it came from a lack of knowledge of what actual work is like.

I am totally taking you seriously after that.

Brazil stats since the pandemic started:

Over 700 thousand workplaces closed.

Over 100 thousand dead.

Over 3 million infected.

Numbers of infected deaths per day ~1000.

People I know who got infected: 4. 2 of those were myself and my aunt who has diabetes, we had light symptoms but it was enough to scare, specially my aunt. The other 2? One recovered from the IC, the other died because he was 75 years old.

And we still have people going to beaches, doing pancadão (huge illegal parties, drugs sex and rock an' roll thing) and now, with elections, candidates are filling the streets with their parades.

But I'm sure those stats and experience are all lies in the eyes of some. God forgive me, but I want those people to get the virus, not to die, but to feel all symptoms and get the scare they sorely need.

As Railjack used to be on release, DE shown they had no consideration for solo players when it came to balance from the get go.

Even raids and derelict runs used to be group exclusive activities, void fissures still are, you're shooting yourself in the leg if you decide to solo them, not to mention some game modes also favor it.

While these things improved and became less of a problem over time, they still show DE-s irrational bias against solo play they seem to hold for some unexplainable reason.

I wouldn't expect the Command tree to ever become a priority.

You can't work on old content when you have to keep releasing shiny new things for the "OMG content drought!" morons.

If DE would only grow enough back bone to stand up to the stamping, screaming, crying, snotty nosed minority of content wailers then maybe a few things in game would actually get finished.

9 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

You can't work on old content when you have to keep releasing shiny new things for the "OMG content drought!" morons.

If DE would only grow enough back bone to stand up to the stamping, screaming, crying, snotty nosed minority of content wailers then maybe a few things in game would actually get finished.

They are really just an excuse for DE, the real reason is that old content reworks and fixes don't bring profit, new content does.

DE can easily ignore those people, like you said they are a minority (a minority way smaller than f.ex. solo players actually)and DE has a history of ignoring those for years in favor of profit, that's nothing new. (even if there are worse companies in that regard out there)

It's a bad example, there are better arguments as to why they don't work on old content, very obvious reasons, but this one is a strawman.

They don't do it simply because they don't have any reason to.

16 hours ago, 844448 said:

Question is, do we really need the command tree when railjack revisited makes the mode far easier with far less things to handle where your only little problem is lining your railjack to one shot the crewship and very manageable to do solo?

Yes. It's currently "manageable" to do solo, but it's not particularly fun since to do anything you have to abandon the ship, which has no way of defending or repairing itself, meaning you either park the ship at the edge of the map and take forever flying in with archwing or you hope your ship doesn't get boarded/hull breached and need you to warp back with the omni. As a solo player I don't particularly need command intrinsics to complete missions, but I do need it to have fun doing them since otherwise the railjack experience is extremely slow and clunky.

37 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

Deadlock protocol?

I really hope RJ doesn't get abandoned or even scrapped since it's now one of my favorite game modes, for all its flaws. And by extension, Warframe could be so, SO much more. I mean, just look at all the unused (I don't wanna say "wasted") potential. I really love Warframe and I just want it the best it can be.

6 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

No? They drag on the work until it becomes old content. It is part of the original Railjack since the very beginning which they never get their @$$ to finish it.

If they ever grow a back bone, I recommend them to fulfill all the promises and visions they made in the past years before dealing with the community complaints.

6 hours ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

Yes. It's currently "manageable" to do solo, but it's not particularly fun since to do anything you have to abandon the ship, which has no way of defending or repairing itself, meaning you either park the ship at the edge of the map and take forever flying in with archwing or you hope your ship doesn't get boarded/hull breached and need you to warp back with the omni. As a solo player I don't particularly need command intrinsics to complete missions, but I do need it to have fun doing them since otherwise the railjack experience is extremely slow and clunky.

The only time I need to "abandon ship" is when I'm entering bases as objective so how did you play your railjack?

If you quote me i feel obliged to respond tho all you had done was try to insult me for being sarcastic on practice that a lot of IT company's working at home using to their advantage when it coming to delaying projects. Most of us works outside that kind of "comfort zone" and i don't wish anyone getting sick. End of off topic.

17 hours ago, 844448 said:

The only time I need to "abandon ship" is when I'm entering bases as objective so how did you play your railjack?

Shooting down fighters with the ship guns/tether (don't have void hole), blowing up crewships with either the big gun or boarding with the slingshot. This isn't a "waah, I need to learn to play" issue. I can complete missions solo just fine, I'm saying that it's not very fun to do so. It's slow and clunky.

Like, to take down crewships I need to either: Hop out of the pilot seat with an unskippable anim, run back to the main gun control, sit through another unskippable anim, take aim at the crewship's engine and hope that it hasn't moved out of my line of fire since, obviously, I can't move while I'm aiming the gun. During this time, I am most likely getting pounded by the crewship's super powerful missiles.

Or I have to hop out of the pilot seat with an unskippable anim, run halfway across the ship to the slingshot, and then hope that the crewship is both within slingshot range and that my ship isn't going to get downed by the crewship I'm boarding or any friends it has while I'm rushing to the reactor, hacking it, blowing it up, and recalling. Or, I have to park it somewhere and board manually with archwing.

And if I get boarded? I have to stop everything I'm doing and repel the boarders, letting the enemy get free shots and possibly damage my ship such that I need to repair it.

Almost none of this is very fun when you're alone. It's totally doable, but I don't see how anyone can say it's fun.

And then to complete objectives I need to leave the ship again, and I can't get too close because enemies will usually board the ship while I'm away. And I can't repel them because I'm too busy on the objective.

If I had command intrinsics though, I wouldn't have to deal with this since the ship could move and defend itself to some extent. Plus, with railjack being such a ghost town now, it's almost impossible to find a squad that isn't doing gian point, so making railjack fun to solo is important. Especially if DE wants to use railjack in New War or future content like they've said they do.

On 2020-09-27 at 2:01 PM, Leyvonne said:

Gee, it's almost as if the system was in development long before the pandemic... DE even considered having it available at Railjack launch, but then decided Railjack is a group activity so solo players can either wait or join groups. The pandemic is no excuse for us not having something that should have been part of Railjack from the beginning.

Look at "Commander"'s icon.   It's 4 people... like a 4-player squad.  Chances are it coincides with Squad Link (not the one from SS, but rather the larger expansion promised at past TennoCon).  Additional perks it'd bring to solo play with autonomous running of ship operations is also largely moot due to various existing options.   Balance issues may still be a thing, too.... how do you make it work well for solo without making it then TOO easy for squad?

That being the case, and the fact that that has -not been added yet to Railjack-, makes opening said tree moot.

Clearly DE has been working on many projects on many fronts, and with fewer staff, less access to proper equipment, and thus greatly slowed productivity.

So yeah, the pandemic is absolutely a solid "excuse".  At least in part.

DE has ALWAYS been one to release content in piecemeal segments, test it, then build on it overtime, moving TOWARDS their goal rather than starting there.

That's nothing new.  Like it or hate it, that's how they've been, and you shouldn't be surprised nor mad.  They arent doing anything different than they've done.

They also gave us an entirely new Infested open world with new lore and new game mechanics (Necramechs), and have been keeping on schedule with developing new frames, etc.

Railjack DOES need "more".  Nobody disagrees there, INCLUDING DE.... but just harassing them because YOU think it "should be done" isn't helping anyone.

On 2020-09-27 at 6:48 PM, Loza03 said:

The decision to withhold it is not indicative of the state the tree was in. It could have been made at almost any stage of development. It could have been made at the conceptual level (i.e. they decided they were going to have five trees, but decided to make four first for the reasons already stated), halfway through development to reduce the workload to hasten the already long-delayed process, or just before release. If it was the former two, however, then the system is not ready to release, and the Pandemic could realistically have effected it.

Furthermore, it's probable that the intention is to release it alongside a larger Railjack update - which has itself been delayed on account of the Pandemic and the subsequent rescheduling of update order to bring Deimos up. It makes sense to release a major Railjack functionality update alongside a content update, after all, since otherwise it'd beg the question of 'why have you added this when there's nothing in Railjack that justifies its existence?'

In most scenarios, the Pandemic can easily be blamed for the delays.

Thank you...

On 2020-09-28 at 1:30 PM, kgabor said:

As Railjack used to be on release, DE shown they had no consideration for solo players when it came to balance from the get go.

Even raids and derelict runs used to be group exclusive activities, void fissures still are, you're shooting yourself in the leg if you decide to solo them, not to mention some game modes also favor it.

While these things improved and became less of a problem over time, they still show DE-s irrational bias against solo play they seem to hold for some unexplainable reason.

I wouldn't expect the Command tree to ever become a priority.

"DE's irrational bias against solo play"?   It's not irrational bias... they designed Warframe as a Co-Op game, that allows for Solo as an option.   The vision for the game is largely about community/squad play.   It admittedly needs work on some of those community aspects, but to have the majority of your content favor your mission statement is not "irrational" by any means :/ 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

"DE's irrational bias against solo play"?   It's not irrational bias... they designed Warframe as a Co-Op game, that allows for Solo as an option.   The vision for the game is largely about community/squad play.   It admittedly needs work on some of those community aspects, but to have the majority of your content favor your mission statement is not "irrational" by any means :/ 

Yeah sure and by 'favoring it' they went out of their way to make everything else as inefficient as possible compared and not much of 'an option'.

But people like their delusions or make claims supporting their bias which is not my concern.

I actually seen people with some clear weird entitled elitistic attitudes before blatantly asking for privileges, handouts to clans and bashing everything outside their clique, so i'm not even surprised by these attitudes...sigh.

Wasting time on recruit chat is such a huge achievement it needs to be rewarded.

Archived