Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE[Steve] When will there be clan content?

GefestXXL

hace 53 minutos, vegetosayajin dijo:

First time I played someone lied to me(or didn't know too) that alliances have a way to fight among each other in giant alliance vs. alliance wars and that's why I need to join a clan asap. :D
This would have been so epic if it was true. 

Yeah the thing is that it WAS a thing. 

The dark sectors in each planet (infested nodes) was a place where alliances coud deploy a solar rail(investigation in orokin research).

And each alliance coud put a % of drops gained in that nodule send to them, anyone who did the nodule send a benefit to the owner of the nodule.

Was removed a long long time ago.

You know, cause people was "forced" to join a clan.

Every time DE adds anything good for clans all the casual clans or people who play without clans and only occasionally leech them to get BP's get all in a tizzy that they are "being excluded" and so DE greatly waters down the event, and decides the lesson is "okay waaaaaay less clan events" because they just don't want to deal with all the damn moaning. 

It's really kind of sad actually. I love DE, but if they would just shut out these whiners and stop letting fear of backlash from people like that drive their decisions, we could have some really cool clan events. I mean, the whole Kingpin system, which became the Lich system, was supposed to be a clan thing. 

Now, it's an isolated, lonely, boring grind that puts you in the worst kind of tedious rat maze with no imagination. What it could have been would have been a dynamic, living clan thing.... now what we got... 

I remember when Steve still did Stevestreams, and on one of those he proposed the idea of clan ranks. What we have today - buildings and research give points, points increase rank, ranking gives you endo - with the idea that there will also be bonuses for playing with clan mates that scaled with ranks. Like extra affinity, resource drops, maybe something else etc.

I'm still waiting on that second half.

31 минуту назад, Tesseract7777 сказал:

Every time DE adds anything good for clans all the casual clans or people who play without clans and only occasionally leech them to get BP's get all in a tizzy that they are "being excluded" and so DE greatly waters down the event, and decides the lesson is "okay waaaaaay less clan events" because they just don't want to deal with all the damn moaning. 

It's really kind of sad actually. I love DE, but if they would just shut out these whiners and stop letting fear of backlash from people like that drive their decisions, we could have some really cool clan events. I mean, the whole Kingpin system, which became the Lich system, was supposed to be a clan thing. 

Now, it's an isolated, lonely, boring grind that puts you in the worst kind of tedious rat maze with no imagination. What it could have been would have been a dynamic, living clan thing.... now what we got... 

Bravo!

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

First time I played someone lied to me(or didn't know too) that alliances have a way to fight among each other in giant alliance vs. alliance wars and that's why I need to join a clan asap. :D
This would have been so epic if it was true. 

This was true. But it was taken out a long time ago. Sometimes it was a realy good way to farm credits :D.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

And the moment there is...

"I'm forced to join a Clan" complains will return. We had that with Railjack.

I'm all for it, though. And Alliances too.

The only reason i joined a clan (before i made my solo clan) was to save resources which i would eventually use to make my own research and so i could just buy some weapon/warframe blueprints (especially hema. no way i would do it on my own). Did they have a problem with me not being intrested in what BS they wanted people to do, and not participating in anything they might have had going on (as i didn't even check)? Don't know, don't care. Eventually i was on a small break and i got kicked but i already got what i wanted.

What's the point of this story? Being "forced" into it won't work anyway. Just pointless and dumb.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

The only reason i joined a clan (before i made my solo clan) was to save resources which i would eventually use to make my own research and so i could just buy some weapon/warframe blueprints (especially hema. no way i would do it on my own). Did they have a problem with me not being intrested in what BS they wanted people to do, and not participating in anything they might have had going on (as i didn't even check)? Don't know, don't care. Eventually i was on a small break and i got kicked but i already got what i wanted.

What's the point of this story? Being "forced" into it won't work anyway. Just pointless and dumb.

vvvv

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

As someone who loathes forced coop and prefers to do most things solo (I find playing alongside others to be too much like a race to really enjoy myself, as I prefer to take my time and comb through the map), I have to say that I'd prefer if they kept clans as a mostly background thing rather than tying significant gameplay to them as a group activity.

Archived